Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Wolfsheim posted:

Literally laughed out loud playing the Yuffie FFVIIR DLC when they revealed the Fort Condor minigame. Does it suck as much as the original Fort Condor minigame? Is that even possible?

The original Fort Condor minigame is something I never did anything with since you can just let the boss get to the fort and kill it for I think Phoenix? Maybe a big materia? I cant remember.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I think you get those regardless, as long as you don't completely fail. Beating the rts just gets you random extra junk.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Remake Fort Condor owns

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Twelve by Pies posted:

There are absolutely going to be Chrono Cross and FFT remasters and they will be released on the Switch Pro.
:shrug: Like I'm not saying that either game definitively isn't getting a remake/remaster, just that saying "FFT must be getting a remake because they decided to sell Ramza/Delita figures" is super :laffo:

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Commander Keene posted:

:shrug: Like I'm not saying that either game definitively isn't getting a remake/remaster, just that saying "FFT must be getting a remake because they decided to sell Ramza/Delita figures" is super :laffo:

I think the Switch Pro reference renders the whole statement a joke.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Yeah I'm not saying it's definitely not happening, just that a lot of the proof people are putting forward for them remind me of all the talk about the Switch Pro and "So and so who has always been right in the past says that it's definitely happening!" and "If you look at the latest update for the Switch you'll see they've added support for thing, which proves there's a Switch Pro on the way!"

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Twelve by Pies posted:

Please let it be a port of Final Fantasy Tactics on the Switch.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Twelve by Pies posted:

Please let it be a port of Final Fantasy Tactics on the Switch.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
Honestly, I haven't been paying enough attention to Square-Enix produced collectibles to see if there's any common trend, I was just noticing that this was weirdly out of nowhere, unless that FFT remake is actually happening.

But now that I know 'weirdly out of nowhere' is actually kinda normal for S-E collectibles, it's less interesting.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Square still sells toys for Front Mission.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

WaltherFeng posted:

Square still sells toys for Front Mission.

And in retrospect, I knew that just a few years ago there was a model kit for Cruise Chaser Blassty (the original, not the FFXIV version), so I dunno why I got excited.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Front Mission 3 was so good. I need to do another play through...

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I still have a translated FM5 ISO handy that I haven't played yet :(

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Cleretic posted:

And in retrospect, I knew that just a few years ago there was a model kit for Cruise Chaser Blassty (the original, not the FFXIV version), so I dunno why I got excited.
what the gently caress

also forward and back and go forward and back and then

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.

Twelve by Pies posted:

Please let it be a port of Chrono Cross on PC.

ImpAtom posted:

Surprisingly yes. The NPCs tend to give directions that are at least reasonably based on landmarks and stuff and they focus enough on trying to make the areas 'realistic' that you can puzzle things out. You do have the ability to scout with magical eagles of course but that's kinda different from "GO HERE NOW." AC has a lot of problems but at very least if you want to explore a reasonably fun version of an ancient area it does it well.

That's good, i never played those games but sometimes i think about Origins just because roman Egypt is cool setting.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

This owns. And the chiptune version of Rise that starts at the end is amazing.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The original Ft Condor is super easy if you realize that the only victory condition is "no enemy units on screen" rather than "defeat all enemies". So you just rush to the bottom, kill like 4-5 dudes, and win.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Mesadoram posted:

Front Mission 3 was so good. I need to do another play through...

Twelve by Pies posted:

Please let it be a port of Front Mission 3 on the Switch.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Snow Cone Capone posted:

I still have a translated FM5 ISO handy that I haven't played yet :(

Its really good and impressive for a PS2 game. The story's meh but that has always been the problem for the series.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Front Mission 3 has some weirdly rng skills and abilities but it's still my favorite in the franchise for how ambitious it was. The in-game internet is some of the most engrossing world building and a cleverly budget-efficient way to handle out of combat interaction segments.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Would have been so much better than the dull boring poo poo of that raid we ended up with but oh well.

Also reminder that ff tactics remaster is in the 100% proven true geforce now leak and its out in like april unless they changed dates, which they may well have done, cos they clearly did with chrono cross remaster

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Nothing is true until it's officially announced, even then it's only mostly true and not actually true until it's released. Never know what might've been canceled.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Wolfsheim posted:

Literally laughed out loud playing the Yuffie FFVIIR DLC when they revealed the Fort Condor minigame. Does it suck as much as the original Fort Condor minigame? Is that even possible?

I really enjoyed it but like everything else it's not for everyone.

I also enjoyed the minigame in OG FF7 but this version is definitely better.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/PC98_Audi/status/1489953552332115977?s=20&t=6RL7s9fDDnMC1BLLWNPcqA

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Who knew Sabin was a reference to Uematsu.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
FF1's battle system was inspired by American football.

FF4's ATB system was inspired by F1 Racing

All of Blitzball

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

honestly I think the closest real-world analogue to blitzball is ice hockey

exhibit a: 3 forwards, 2 defense and a goalie

exhibit b:
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/GorgeousInnocentAmericangoldfinch-mobile.mp4
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/EvilDimDwarfmongoose-mobile.mp4

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

blitzball is maybe literally a captain tsubasa soccer game

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

this was so good, wtf?

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

I paid no attention to the raid's storyline, I was only there for the mechs that assemble like Voltron.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lady Radia posted:

this was so good, wtf?

The fun part is that if I recall correct it is also a vital clue on how to beat Alexander Ultimate.

Edit: Also if you've never seen the best part of FFXIV Ultimate raiding: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeKbCcq9gT8

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Inspector Gesicht posted:

I paid no attention to the raid's storyline, I was only there for the mechs that assemble like Voltron.

the music and then the robits made that raid one of my all-time greatest ff experiences. no clue what the story was besides the bad guys were called the ILLUMINATI

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I always remember "Shanoa (true heart)"

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Oh holy crap, Alexander is a reference to Alexander the Great...

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
You finally get to see what is under Alexander's skirt.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

If I wanted to play FFT:WOTL nowadays, what would the best way be to do it? I know the PSP version has slowdown issues, but is there a patch or something for it?

Baykin
Feb 11, 2008

Arist posted:

If I wanted to play FFT:WOTL nowadays, what would the best way be to do it? I know the PSP version has slowdown issues, but is there a patch or something for it?

https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/916/

I have this cached for an upcoming FFT replay that I have planned in the future, but I keep hoping there will be an updated port/remaster announced soon.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Vikar Jerome posted:

the 100% proven true geforce now leak

I remember back before SuMo were released, there was a leak that talked about how there were no gyms in Alola, there were regional forms of Pokemon that were different from the old ones, and that Ultra Beasts were from another dimension. All of those were true, but that leak also talked about how there was a new water type Growlite/Arcanine.

So as a Pokemon fan, "100% proven true leak" means absolutely nothing to me.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Arist posted:

Definitely on an emulator with the patch that removes animation slowdown.

Even if you don't abuse save states there's still at least the speed up button which saves a ton of time during enemy turns and the intro animations to random encounter maps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Twelve by Pies posted:

I remember back before SuMo were released, there was a leak that talked about how there were no gyms in Alola, there were regional forms of Pokemon that were different from the old ones, and that Ultra Beasts were from another dimension. All of those were true, but that leak also talked about how there was a new water type Growlite/Arcanine.

So as a Pokemon fan, "100% proven true leak" means absolutely nothing to me.

The GeForce now leak is true in the most useless way, in that it's essentially just a list of games that developers told Nvidia they were making at one point in time. It's got no capacity to describe changed plans or progress made before it was put there, it's basically just 'someone told us this was coming so it's on the list'.