Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

No, but I hope it's Paul

Paul is pretty awful but his haircut is somehow the worst on the show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally Sprodgkin
May 23, 2007
I'm just constantly loving floored by how consistently insane this show manages to be.

Never change, you milky rear end robots

I am curious to see how the (S2 spoilers) space jesus thing is resolved. I mean, it has gotta be Paul right? Space Ragnar is just a foil for when Paul inevitably takes the reins and they set up the Campion-Paul conflict they've been not subtly teasing since S1 at some point?

In terms of the ages of Paul and Campion they're definitely mid-teens now but it's gotta be a season or 2 before they're adult enough to be a convincing leader. God I hope the show makes it that far. Don't pull another Deadwood on us, fox.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Oh goddamn*, this season is only eight episodes long.

*Sol damnit

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That second episode kind of felt like it ended a little too early. Like that was a weird spot to stop it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Unfortunately it is too long for a thread title.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

GABA ghoul posted:

Well let me just say how glad I am that someone is finally doing a survey of this weird rear end planet that is littered with android corpses, dodecahedrons and nanotech tarot cards

yeah except for the fact that hardly anyone seems to give a gently caress

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
The place gives out food like Willly Wonkas Chocolate factory why even bother

Also since its full of million year old mithraic poo poo probably not the best look for the AI

Despera fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Feb 6, 2022

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Despera posted:

The place gives out food like Willly Wonkas Chocolate factory why even bother

I'll laugh so hard if the area is some sort of "fertile crescent" pun.

Like 100% the "tropical zone" is gonna be a seething mass of insanity once that murder sperm SNEK gets where it's going. No way this show is stopping at something so mundane as "giant snake".

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I can't wait till they start wearing clothes made out of the snakes shedded skin.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

The bad planet is just gonna be revealed to be Earth. They never left. I can feel it in my snake bones.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Invalid Validation posted:

The bad planet is just gonna be revealed to be Earth. They never left. I can feel it in my snake bones.

Would explain why they were worshipping "Sol" and not Kepler 22

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy
Not a big fan of "Planet of the Apes" Statue of Liberty reveals. It's been played, and it would be a cop-out.

Similar to "It was all one character's dream".

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

I really like how the murderbot is so good as a kindergarten teacher.

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

Alhazred posted:

I really like how the murderbot is so good as a kindergarten teacher.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tksN5Jaan9E

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
When's the next episode of Acid Ocean and the Snake? Thursday?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Despera posted:

When's the next episode of Acid Ocean and the Snake? Thursday?

Yep, Thursday morning at 3 AM EST.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Invalid Validation posted:

There are like 300% too many moons for it to be earth

CODChimera posted:

yeah except for the fact that hardly anyone seems to give a gently caress

IMO it reinforces the atheist arguments. It's clear evidence that Mithraists are just worshipping some extinct ancient aliens eldritch horrors and Sol's voice is just an AI signal that you can shield from. What kind of god can get jammed by electronics?

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Can I get a reminder why Marcus's face is all hosed up?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

blue squares posted:

Can I get a reminder why Marcus's face is all hosed up?

He was choked by Mother's eyes.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Anyone screaming at Campion to jump on the Snake and ride it with the Neverending Story theme blaring?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHytjEj7B9g

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Philthy posted:

Anyone screaming at Campion to jump on the Snake and ride it with the Neverending Story theme blaring?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHytjEj7B9g

I was thinking about how much the snake looked like that dragon dog thing from neverending story. If the snake really is the sword then campion will ride it eventually.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
*mother-ishly* 🎶campion.🎶

Blaisedell
May 7, 2008

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
The snake is a sperm and the planet is an egg

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Acid Egg gonna be fertilized by the Milk Snake and when it hatches, Sol will finally be upon us.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
You thought I was Sol…but now you are poo poo outta luck!!!!!!!

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Gonz posted:

Acid Egg gonna be fertilized by the Milk Snake and when it hatches, Sol will finally be upon us.

Legit tho.

Thr planet's arrangement of 'organs' isn't athromorphic though, so the fertile region they're in right now, the "tropical zone", is the planet's womb.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
I like how you could make any theory be plausible with this show

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
They already drove the snake to the planet core, if they are going for a fertilization metaphor in the future, i don't know how how they could make it any more direct than that

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Gonz posted:

Space sperm

e: oh my god, what if it's not milk? WHAT IF IT'S THE OTHER WHITE OPAQUE BODY FLUID?

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
Snot?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

GABA ghoul posted:

Space sperm

e: oh my god, what if it's not milk? WHAT IF IT'S THE OTHER WHITE OPAQUE BODY FLUID?

Ridley Scott basically cribbing all of the late H.R. Giger’s unused ideas on this show.

DrThief
Jan 6, 2001

First 2 episodes delivered. Some observations:

- Of course this planet has an acid ocean that can melt you in seconds. At least the fruit are plentiful and delicious!
- Can't go for a walk without stumbling into mysterious nanotech tarot cards, dodecahedrons, and alien android parts.
- Space snake is just a baby and wants his mommy's milk :smith:
- The atheists blindly following essentially their own god is some delicious irony. Well played.
- "What fun we're going to have".

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

That indigenous fruit looks good af, there was the cactus fruit, those plum looking things that grew in paired rows, the stuff they were harvesting from the ground, the stuff campion is picking in the trees, and the eggs.

And of course the milk.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Yeah I love how much effort has gone into the design of the native life on the planet. It's one of the things that makes it clear that the big blocky atheist tanks aren't lazy design but intentional. Function over form.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

i did like how space ragnar munched down on the weird growth thing on the plant with little worry. truly sol protects him

also the snake is the good guy

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

DrThief posted:

First 2 episodes delivered. Some observations:

- The atheists blindly following essentially their own god is some delicious irony. Well played.

I really hate the ham-fisted platitudes about "Look at how the atheists also believe in things without questioning them! They're not so different! Isn't that amazing? We thought so! Hope the audience will get it!".

I'm hate-watching the religious themes, but interested in the weirdness of the planet and its creatures. Plus mother showing some assholes what's what.

Septimius
Aug 23, 2006

How many died in these episodes ,25 out of 300? There better be another ark or we're gonna run out of people fast.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Septimius posted:

How many died in these episodes ,25 out of 300? There better be another ark or we're gonna run out of people fast.

2 guards to the acid water
9 to the acid water because of the snake
1 escapee to the bomb collar
1 to touching the android milk?
2-3 killed by space ragnar

i think that's it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrThief
Jan 6, 2001

Mr. Smile Face Hat posted:

I really hate the ham-fisted platitudes about "Look at how the atheists also believe in things without questioning them! They're not so different! Isn't that amazing? We thought so! Hope the audience will get it!".

I'm hate-watching the religious themes, but interested in the weirdness of the planet and its creatures. Plus mother showing some assholes what's what.

I agree, it's very ham-fisted but i think it fits with the overall tone of the show. Besides, we're shown that Sol IS real, whatever it is, probably an AI that's in charge of repopulating the planet with space snakes