Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Man... I think I'll blast through the End of Dragons story at the end of the month and switch from GW2 to FF14.

This fashion is unbelievable and that's the #1 reason I play MMOs.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Inzombiac posted:

Man... I think I'll blast through the End of Dragons story at the end of the month and switch from GW2 to FF14.

This fashion is unbelievable and that's the #1 reason I play MMOs.

Having played both, there's definitely some things they each do better than the other.

For example, I would kill for dye to be an unlock rather than a consumable, even if it would mean no longer making solid side cash on selling crafted dye for fashion report weeks.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Slightly revamped Samurai

Dark Knight

Beer

I barely have any pics of any of my many Black Mage glams and that's what i play the most by far :confused: that's strange, i should fix that

Spuzzz
Mar 27, 2005

I have hit my head some many times I am surprised I can remember my own name.
I can never decide on a glam I want to use for a while. Like for MCH, do I want

Cowboy:

or Steampunk:

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
If you go cowboy, look into the Revolver of the Wanderer. You can get it with like two days of frontlines, win or lose.

FortMan
Jan 10, 2012

Viva Romanesco!

Speaking of reaper glam:

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
hey Wrestlepig, have you gotten a good look at the palaka weapons yet? There's some pretty unique opportunities in there. I particularly like the RDM and GNB weapons.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
I have, a lot of cool stuff there. I’m a big fan of the samurai sword

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

getting an alt going. elezen brain is real

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Wrestlepig posted:

getting an alt going. elezen brain is real

:sickos:

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

When looking for stuff that fit with the axe I picked out the glasses and earrings. Then I realized I'd stumbled into a Bayonetta look and decided to just go for it.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Finally got all the drat thavnairian silk to rock this look. No idea why I went with the Omega chakrams, but they work IMO.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Finished the FFXIV MSQ a little while ago and have been working on leveling a few jobs and setting up glams. While I wish the dye system was more in-depth, oveall I'm pretty happy with what I've made so far.

Sage:

Paladin, which I just used as much of my Sage setup for as I could because armored knights with shields are out and fightwizards are in:

Bard:

Red Mage, which I refuse to make red:

Reaper, which I'm least satisfied with but I find the job hard to work with. Would that I could wear Amon's hat:

Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

Time Travel: Not Even Once

okay maybe a few times

Having gotten ten jobs to 90, I decided that WAR should be next. I arrived at this setup after some fiddling around (and a lucky drop).

New Dark Souls lookin' weird.

:v:

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Vargs posted:

Finished the FFXIV MSQ a little while ago and have been working on leveling a few jobs and setting up glams. While I wish the dye system was more in-depth, oveall I'm pretty happy with what I've made so far.

Sage:

Paladin, which I just used as much of my Sage setup for as I could because armored knights with shields are out and fightwizards are in:

Bard:

Red Mage, which I refuse to make red:

Reaper, which I'm least satisfied with but I find the job hard to work with. Would that I could wear Amon's hat:

The eye makeup makes those outfits at least 45% more badass.

Celebrity Ghost
Sep 26, 2007

I'm a MNK main for life but I've been leveling dancer and it's so flashy it got me to finally try and wrap my head around gpose. I ended up capturing my glams throughout the road to 90.

Starting as a ballerina:

Onto something more Butz inspired:

Before deciding to go as flashy as possible:

Until I reached my final form, something that really captures the essence of "Roe Dancer": aerobics instructor

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Celebrity Ghost posted:

Until I reached my final form, something that really captures the essence of "Roe Dancer": aerobics instructor

this owns

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

The 80s aerobics instructor glam is probably the best FF14 glam I've ever seen great job

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

jokes posted:

The 80s aerobics instructor glam is probably the best FF14 glam I've ever seen great job

:emptyquote:

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

Celebrity Ghost posted:

I think you mean a-Roe-bics :v:

(all jokes aside, this is fantastic)

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Kyrosiris posted:

Finally got all the drat thavnairian silk to rock this look. No idea why I went with the Omega chakrams, but they work IMO.

I've got something similar in mind for my roe as well but FFXIV is on hold while I binge elden ring

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Kinda Fashion? Character evolution over the years/expansions

Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

Time Travel: Not Even Once

okay maybe a few times

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Kinda Fashion? Character evolution over the years/expansions

Wanna say again that I love your character's look. The headband hairdo is very powerful on a miqo'te. As for me, I decided to get BLM from 80 to 90 next to finish off the magic jobs. And for that, I dusted off an old chestpiece and staff.

Honestly, my favorite BLM look.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

My Templar in Secret World Legends with a very fashionable mask and meta t-shirt, grumpy over the fact that Funcom has basically all but abandoned their MMOs and he'll never get to punch that cult leader, Philip Marquard, in the face. On the upside, the Dreamers will never awaken, and evidently them remaining asleep is a good thing for existence.

I'm bad at taking screenshots and the UI controls for SWL are a bit wonky, anyway

FrostyPox fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Mar 19, 2022

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I was inspired to start doing some more advanced FF14 housing design. This is just the basics, but here's my afternoon's effort, including some times I accidentally picked up something I'd already placed and had to start over. I used to have lights higher but they're a pain to do.

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Boy, you gotta carry that weight
Carry that weight a long time
if you're not opposed to using third party tools, the quicklauncher plus the BDTH plugin will save you hours upon hours of time when decorating. it puts a widget on every furnishing item so you can discretely control it's positioning and rotation in three axes. this includes floating and sinking. some restrictions still apply, like minimum float height, but it's a lifesaver for anyone dipping their toes into XIV house decoration.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

in the mood for more early medieval stuff

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Oh hey I love Elden Ring.

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

Frida Call Me posted:

if you're not opposed to using third party tools, the quicklauncher plus the BDTH plugin will save you hours upon hours of time when decorating. it puts a widget on every furnishing item so you can discretely control it's positioning and rotation in three axes. this includes floating and sinking. some restrictions still apply, like minimum float height, but it's a lifesaver for anyone dipping their toes into XIV house decoration.

Do movements made using this system show up for everyone or just me?

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
They'll show up for everyone. They tell the server where the item was placed, and the game puts it there.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

A little back to basics for 6.1

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Got a couple more jobs to the level cap in FFXIV over the last couple weeks. Dancer and Sage:

Happy with my new dancer glam, though I'm really not used to wearing a tight fitting top that makes my character's chest stand out as much as this does. I also really love the frilly cloth bit covering the base of the tail on the back of the coat on my Sage outfit, though the tail frequently clips through it.

Also the Dancer outfit I actually used while leveling it, includes me trying out a hairstyle thats basically my normal mullet, but no bandana headwrap:

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Apr 3, 2022

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Your sage coat reminded me to post my latest glamours!

Crackerjack
Nov 7, 2004
crackalackin

Slippery Tilde
New expansion, new goals. Got to lv. 90, maxxed out my pvp tokens, and ruined my character financially (once again) to put on this outfit, with this hairdo, in this pose, so I could take this silly-rear end screenshot.

"Don't talk to me or my tiny grandpa ever again."

These too.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Wrestlepig fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Apr 4, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Crackerjack posted:

New expansion, new goals. Got to lv. 90, maxxed out my pvp tokens, and ruined my character financially (once again) to put on this outfit, with this hairdo, in this pose, so I could take this silly-rear end screenshot.

"Don't talk to me or my tiny grandpa ever again."

These too.

lol this owns