Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Ok for real whos your team
This poll is closed.
The Green Bay Packers 81 35.53%
The Chicago Bears 52 22.81%
The Minnesota Vikings 42 18.42%
The Detroit Lions 53 23.25%
Total: 228 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So it would be them trading down into the top 10 to take Willis instead of Hutch/Thib. Okay. I saw one mock that had them trading 2 for 5 and 7 (feel like they'd have to throw in more for that for the Giants to go for it, but besides the point) and taking Willis and Wilson.

Gonna say I'd much rather them take one of Hutch/Thib and draft a QB next year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I remain unsold on the 2022 QB draft class.

Grab Thib or Hutchinson at 2, and a WR at the end of the first/start of second round.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

That would be cool.

Too bad it’s probably too little too late. Defense was hosed, they finally fixed it, but then special teams was hosed, so now they’ll fix that, so now they’re probably on schedule for the offense to be hosed - whether it’s because no Rodgers, no Adams, or both, or just yearly attrition. :cool:

How funny would it be if the Packers stumbled their way into a Superbowl using the Bears blueprint of good special teams, good defense, and lovely offense though?

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Gonz posted:

I remain unsold on the 2022 QB draft class.

Grab Thib or Hutchinson at 2, and a WR at the end of the first/start of second round.

Exactly this

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Pops Mgee posted:

How funny would it be if the Packers stumbled their way into a Superbowl using the Bears blueprint of good special teams, good defense, and lovely offense though?

I don’t think that formula can work anymore. That Bills-Chief divisional game this year felt like the final nail in the coffin.

Whether it’s the rules that have been changed, or the proliferation of the whole Shanahan/McVay styles of offense, I don’t think anyone’s getting close to a Super Bowl without a star QB and an explosive passing game anymore.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I mean the Bucs won a Super Bowl and Brady kinda stunk for most of those playoffs, so it's possible, you just have to run into four teams in a row that are A) Bad, B) Washed up at QB or C) Missing all of their best linemen.

And before you get mad at me, the Packers were C that year, not B. :v:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

MJeff posted:

I mean the Bucs won a Super Bowl and Brady kinda stunk for most of those playoffs, so it's possible, you just have to run into four teams in a row that are A) Bad, B) Washed up at QB or C) Missing all of their best linemen.

And before you get mad at me, the Packers were C that year, not B. :v:

Well that and Bucs D was monsters and outside that second half of the Packers game Brady just had to not gently caress up. Which he did

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Wasn't he almost as bad as Brees in the divisional game?

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I want to be on record that if the Lions took a QB at 2 or trade up to get Willis. I will be mad!

And I like Willis and actually wasted time finding Liberty streams to watch his games.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
I don't want a qb who would go to Liberty.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean the lions aren’t going to be good next year either and I think they know this so no need to rush a QB unlessthey just really love the dude I guess

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

I don’t think that formula can work anymore. That Bills-Chief divisional game this year felt like the final nail in the coffin.

Whether it’s the rules that have been changed, or the proliferation of the whole Shanahan/McVay styles of offense, I don’t think anyone’s getting close to a Super Bowl without a star QB and an explosive passing game anymore.

I think saying an entire type of gameplan won't work anymore based off a game where Patrick Mahomes almost ascended to godhood right there and then is little over dramatic. 99 times out of a hundred you go into the two minute warning with that score, Bills are gonna win.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/JasonLieser/status/1490069067444543488

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

I'm a fan of all the Eberfluff articles

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

sweet geek swag posted:

I think saying an entire type of gameplan won't work anymore based off a game where Patrick Mahomes almost ascended to godhood right there and then is little over dramatic. 99 times out of a hundred you go into the two minute warning with that score, Bills are gonna win.

I mean, technically the Bills entered the 2 minute warning 5 points down.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
yeah, the Bills had a QB, their defense was rear end in those last few possessions.

I 100% fail to see how the Bills are a Defense, special teams no offense, team.

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!
I’m a Vikings fan and was rooting for the bills because I have an annoying cousin from KC and I am sick of hearing about Patrick mahomes (and the royals won a WS recently too).

The bills lost in like a really vikings way. I can see Zimmer playing lame rear end prevent defense with 13 seconds left, just letting tyreek hill run free off the line, even though the chiefs had 3 time outs. Like, let them try to throw to the sideline, there’s 13 F’ing seconds left. Instead it was like, “Tyreek hill can’t really run 25 yards in 3 seconds can he?”

I felt like I was watching the Vikings lose another close game and it was really dumb.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
I want a QB that isn't named Kirk, even if the monkey paw curls.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Dexo posted:

yeah, the Bills had a QB, their defense was rear end in those last few possessions.

I 100% fail to see how the Bills are a Defense, special teams no offense, team.

My point was both teams in that game had god-like offenses, especially in those last two minutes. I don’t think the ol’ “great defense, poo poo offense” formula can hang with the top tier offenses of today.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

My point was both teams in that game had god-like offenses, especially in those last two minutes. I don’t think the ol’ “great defense, poo poo offense” formula can hang with the top tier offenses of today.

The chiefs got punched in the mouth in the very last super bowl that happened because they couldn’t protect Mahomes. A good pass rush can still gently caress up even the best offense.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Yeah, the Bills lost because they couldn't get any pressure.

Hell the Niners almost beat the Rams with a completely rear end offense and QB, after beating one of the best QB's in the game because of their defense and special teams.

If homie didn't drop a gift wrapped pick.

You can win in any number of ways in the NFL. You probably just have less margin of Error if Defense is your path.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.
If you can get consistent pressure just rushing four you can beat anyone.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

Shrimpy posted:

If you can get consistent pressure just rushing four you can beat anyone.

Tell that to the Raiders and Titans

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Alternatively, the Lions draft Bailey Zappe out of WKU and he becomes a football God.

These kinda seasons don’t just grow on trees, y’know!

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

SirPablo posted:

BREAKING: Kirk Cousins changes his name to Alex Jones

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Gonz posted:

Alternatively, the Lions draft Bailey Zappe out of WKU and he becomes a football God.

Mike White had one of the least bad QB debuts of the year, maybe WKU is the new QB factory somehow

PupsOfWar fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Feb 6, 2022

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

Gonz posted:

He could be the next Timmy Chang!

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

As stupid and High School Coachey as coming up with an acronym called HITS which describes your holistic approach to football is, ultimately I have to acknowledge it’s the same principles Lovie preached. Move fast, hit hard, and regularly give up yards going for the strip.

I hope without it Darius doesn’t do some dumb poo poo like lollygagging with very low levels of intensity

unl33t
Feb 21, 2004

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

We're just a couple years removed from a 13-3 Super Bowl, and Kansas City failed to score double digits just last year.

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

SirPablo posted:

Are you ok with waiting a year while Aaron goes to the Jets?

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean the lions aren’t going to be good

it's sad to see some of the fans think they are going to do what the Bengals did

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Styles Bitchley posted:

it's sad to see some of the fans think they are going to do what the Bengals did

I know, they should be aspiring to win the Super Bowl, not lose the Super Bowl.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1490342308285460480

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Neat. Can he bring Robbie back with him?

Okay, fine, Santos has been good too.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Has anyone said that the Bears are on a mission from god yet

widefault
Mar 16, 2009

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Has anyone said that the Bears are on a mission from god yet

They're gonna get all the way to end, part of the team will fall apart, and the cops will be involved the whole time?

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

widefault posted:

They're gonna get all the way to end, part of the team will fall apart, and the cops will be involved the whole time?

And it involves Illinois Nazis

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
Kirk Cousins in the Pro bowl.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Styles Bitchley posted:

There were Lions fans that thought they could compete for the playoffs last year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Danny LaFever posted:

There were Lions fans that thought they could compete for the playoffs last year.

I wonder if there is a single Lions fan out there who thought firing Patricia was a mistake