Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

SeanBeansShako posted:

Fed him the steel...
:black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
How do you use the bayonet when you have it, anyway? Fire at someone when you're next to them?

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

Volmarias posted:

How do you use the bayonet when you have it, anyway? Fire at someone when you're next to them?

equip bayonet in inventory
push F with rifle to FIX BAYONETS
leftclick without aiming to STAB

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Radio Free Kobold posted:

equip bayonet in inventory
push F with rifle to FIX BAYONETS
leftclick without aiming to STAB

Shoot, didn't realize you had to do anything extra, good thing I never ended up using it whenever I got it?!?!?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Today we've got really push and secure what serious gains we have while the weekend window gives us the numbers.

If you've tired out from all the fighting, check the discord as we've got several regions in sore need of Bunker Base and Pillbox construction. We have plenty of BMATS to do it with so why not? might be a good excuse for some of you to see the wider map!

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Volmarias posted:

Shoot, didn't realize you had to do anything extra, good thing I never ended up using it whenever I got it?!?!?

TBH the "right" way to use a bayonet in this game is to unload everything else from your inventory except the pointy stick and suicide charge into the enemy. If it's proving effective and there's no shortage of shirts, rinse and repeat until bored.

Panzram also has a trick where you take a gas mask and one gas grenade, throw the gas at the enemy, then charge at them through your own gas.

Also watch this instructional video (sound not necessary):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rGwhOqF_n0

One arcane aspect of this game is that there are weight categories below "overloaded". I believe at 25%, 50% and maybe 75%? Every weight category slows you down slightly. So for bayonet charges, you want to be below 25% load for maximum maneuverability.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Lead out in cuffs posted:

Panzram also has a trick where you take a gas mask and one gas grenade, throw the gas at the enemy, then charge at them through your own gas.

Tonight, many new confused soldiers tumbling into Deadlands in this winter storm for the first time. I had to try and help them and set up some basic defenses at the doomed Relic base at central.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
Yeah gas grenades work okay as smoke grenades for a couple seconds.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
the bayonet is super fun and i've taken to just grabbing one at spawn, then picking up the first rifle i can find from someone's corpse and charging into their lines. you can sometimes get whole squads of collies to run from you, it's great

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Lead out in cuffs posted:

TBH the "right" way to use a bayonet in this game is to unload everything else from your inventory except the pointy stick and suicide charge into the enemy. If it's proving effective and there's no shortage of shirts, rinse and repeat until bored.

Also watch this instructional video (sound not necessary):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rGwhOqF_n0

One arcane aspect of this game is that there are weight categories below "overloaded". I believe at 25%, 50% and maybe 75%? Every weight category slows you down slightly. So for bayonet charges, you want to be below 25% load for maximum maneuverability.

There’s also a “secret” super low encumbrance speed that you get if you have nothing in your inventory and/or just a pistol and 2 mags iirc

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Tonight on FOXHOLE The Warden Soldier Story (and not a half assed Simpson meme) STEAM Sale Woes!

Nah the new players are mostly alright, most of them seem confused or terrified to be in the middle of The Pits or current weird gently caress you T2 Trench meta border bases right now. I did spent a terrifying five minutes squatting in a concrete BB corner husk waiting for a new player Silverhand crew to blow up a Pillbox begging and pinging the thing.

They did quite well supporting the infantry in that tank, so those four will go far.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

Lol the other night I picked up three brand-new players who had spawned somewhere near Abandoned Ward. Somehow they had managed to find and kill a partisan I was chasing, but they were pretty far from the front. I packed them into a truck and took them to the Brine Glen bridge, where they were key in containing a breakout of 10-20 Collies until more experienced players could come in and secure things properly. I was just sad that my commend pool was empty.

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:
Tough day.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
losing Red River might just be the knife in the heart of the wardens. a component field is at max 30k / 6hrs, and we lost 4, so that's nearly half a million less components per day for us and more for them. i don't think you come back from that, especially since it seems like we're going to lose that for multiple days if not forever.

that, and the goon overbuild expensive watchtower got tapped and is gone. better luck next war i guess

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

yep this one's a wash, hang it up for a few weeks while blue team finishes losing

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
is the logi strike still a thing? I found this game to be pretty fuckin chill just running a harvester a flatbed and a crane for a few hours but the bitterness of the logi bittervets was just completely off the charts

They liked me cause I'd just show up and be like "I'm new, how can I help" but get them on any other subject and they sounded like they had actually been through ww2 for real, holy heck

Kore_Fero
Jan 31, 2008
It's still a thing. Yes the playerbase can get very bitter about some topics, and yeah its kinda overblown for a something that you are supposed to be having fun doing. If you peel away the bitterness, usually there is valid minor complaint that they've become over-exposed to just because of the persistent nature of the game and the amount of human time and effort that goes into some logistical operations.

Just keep doing what you are doing and ignore all the nonsense happening with the hardcore players.

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013
Logi strike was at best a wet fart. Having all the resource refineries in the backline this war probably had a more significant impact.

Logistics in this game is needlessly tedious and unfun, and the bitterness comes from people who largely do it for 12 hours a day and act like someone is forcing them to do it at gunpoint.

If you want to have fun in Foxhole, play with goons and ignore everyone else as much as humanly possible. If you want to be competitive in Foxhole, make alt accounts and memorize the exploits.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Vorenus posted:

Logi strike was at best a wet fart. Having all the resource refineries in the backline this war probably had a more significant impact.

Logistics in this game is needlessly tedious and unfun…

The worst part of logistics is that resource collection is basically playing pyro holding down M1, and the lack of tools or mechanics for transporting trucks away from the front line. Not only were refineries only present in the extreme rear areas this war, they were less common than previously, which made backline-to-forward-warehouse logistics absolutely critical. This is also the most boring/annoying part of logistics. Solid win there, devs. Another problem is that there is zero incentive to bring trucks/flatbeds/containers/ironships back to the backline in order to continue the cycle; It just takes too loving long to be worth it. It’s faster to respawn back to the back line and build a new truck.

I don’t really know how to fix this. My only ideas would be a buildable (possibly tied to bunker base power) that would allow disassembly of trucks and flatbeds into Bmats/Rmats, or a similar buildable that would allow repackaging of same (preferably more than come in a MPF package,) so that you could drive a bunch of them back to the back line in a not-completely-time-wasting kind of way.

But seriously, a complete overhaul of the logistics UI is desperately needed. It’s a counterintuitive nightmare right now.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
They really do need to add a way to put things back into crates. the Mass Production Facility's power should only be that it allows you to build normal items in runs that take longer than 3 minutes, which is how long it takes to build the maximum of 4 crates in a normal factory, and also build vehicles without hammering a blueprint for five minutes. A small simple change that I think everyone would like and wouldn't be overpowered would be that you could crate up multiple vehicles/items at a storage yard or a port as well. You'd still only be able to unpack them at a storage yard / port, but it wouldn't make uncrating vehicles such a big deal and would allow an easier way to transport cargo containers back from the front lines.

The "there's nothing to bring back from the front line" complaint definitely seems like something the devs believe is good and I don't see them changing it. There actually already IS something to bring back: the flatbed and empty cargo container. This is sometimes super useful, for example: if you are refining things at The Gallows, since it doesn't have a construction yard or a garage, you'd still have to go somewhere else to re-build both. Loch Mor has a construction yard, but it doesn't have a garage, so you need to bring in a flatbed from somewhere else. The easiest place to get things if you're running logi from those places is actually just the front in Abandoned Ward. If you REALLY don't want to do that, then you can have a slightly longer one-way commute and leave from the one stop shop of Longstone, but it costs a little bit more overhead (100 bmats for the container and 30 rmats for the truck to transport 6,000 bmats, plus the hammering time). Same with a ship (1000 bmats to transport 30,000 bmats). The devs probably like that there is a choice on how you play there. Abandoned Ward has a new problem right now: the public stockpile can only hold 1000 cargo containers, is full, and so non-reservable cargo containers can't be submitted at all. They're just piling up all over around the depot, it's awful.

The thing that really kills the game is alt accounts though, and there isn't a whole lot you can do about it. Buying a second copy of the game with a character in the other faction to sabotage is just game-breakingly easy and effective. For example: one guy in about 15 minutes stole every fuel truck in Abandoned Ward, probably 15 of them, and drove them into the sea. Someone caught him and got people in Region chat to mass report him so he got banned (though probably only temporarily), but it is entirely possible he could have gotten away with it as well. Even though he got banned the damage was still done, and people had to haul in more fuel trucks for hours while vehicles were crippled in the meantime. You could also fill up a cargo container with everything you can grab in the public stockpile and then just drive it into enemy lines. I imagine public pull times are long to try and stop this, plus you can technically see a log of who takes what (though not easily, the log is usually grows by thousands of lines every day), but it's still probably rampant. This is why everything is in private stockpiles too, the pull times are way shorter and you don't have to worry as much about someone stealing it all. And that's just logi, an alt can easily load up and leave a landing ship somewhere it can be easily stolen (which is likely what happened in Eidolo), or they can scout out defensive lines looking for holes (which is what has happened in a lot of the satchel runs). Last war an alt ruined the goon storm cannon base by replacing every buildable tile with observation posts, which can't be undone.

Basically the core mechanics of the game are pretty good but as usual the insatiable lust of some people for winning means that they break the rules in a way that is simply not counterable, and it ruins the game

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
I really hope they fix how fuel works though. The "driving gas tankers into the sea" problem would be fixed if fuel wasn't such a pain in the rear end. It crates in stacks of one, which is pointless, and pulling from public at a refinery takes FOREVER. It's basically undoable, it's so stupid. filling up a tanker from public takes at least an hour, where as direct from the personal output it is instant. They're also way too easy to steal, which is why you always see people building glitched fuel shrines.

The other problem with the game is that the Warden players are really bad and playing with pubbies is excruciating. There have been at least a dozen times that I was POSITIVE that someone was an alt because the thing they were doing was so insanely stupid and counterproductive, but then it turned out they were just really new or really stupid.

That and that the servers can't seem to handle the load at all and so the late game turns into a perpetually glitching mess where your truck just randomly appears somewhere else. Whoops now you're in the forest! Whoops now you're in the water next to the bridge instead of on the bridge! Also whoops you can''t join the region that is getting attacked because it's full and the queue is 15 people long!

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
All that being said though: I've played this game a TON, way too much actually, and I really enjoy it for the most part. The combat is fun and running logi scratches an itch I didn't know I had: a sense of accomplishment. There's just something about coming up with an idea of a task that needs to be done, then being able to do a small amount of "work" and time to accomplish it. Do we need bmats at the storage yard near the front? Great! I can just go and drive a flatbed with them from the backfield, job well done. Does a frontline bunker base not have any ammo? Awesome! I'll just grab a truck and build 4 crates of each type of ammo, plus some radios and gas grenades and masks, and deliver it there 5 minutes later. It feels good to know that your delivery might have saved that base from getting overrun.

For example last night I found a border base that had spawned with ONLY rifles and rifle ammo. The guys there had like 400 shirts, and they were eager to push into the nearby town, but were having a hell of a slog in close quarters against an enemy with assault rifles and gas grenades. So I went back to the endless goon stockpiles (thanks shlampa and foehammer :) ), grabbed a container of 60 bmats, took it to The Blemish, turned some of it into smgs and smg ammo and gas grenades and masks, and delivered them to the front. took like 15 minutes total, and shortly after we took the town. Shockingly we still have it today as well!

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Ya, the CHALLENGE of logi is awesome, and it’s extremely gratifying to drop a last-second load of shirts and ammo to help hold a base. The problem is that you seem to have to do logi IN SPITE of the game, rather than having basic controls that are friendly and easy to use.

Also ya, the alt problem is pretty ridiculous. Admin-observed alt behavior should result in an instant ban of the account, and a ban of any account associated with the alt account.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
The complete inability to salvage hosed up build spots is pretty inexcusable. If someone digs a T2 trench in the wrong spot you're going to spend about an hour of weapons-lock and a loving obscene amount of mammons trying to destroy it. That's just ONE trench, and not even touching the surgically targeted fuckery that can happen with alts and concrete. That's just a theoretically innocent idiot pubbie on your side with a shovel and some bmats. No I don't count their half-baked reservation system as a solution. You have to exploit a bug to even get it work after a day or so and that's even *IF* you can get in touch with the exact, single person that built it and get them to come to that spot and fix it for you.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

why blow up t2 trench, just build more

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

So yes, last couple of days have been a real series of highs and lows for us all and sadly it looks like major effort wise we're tapping out for certain with this war. But I just want to say, despite the sad end result and the usual batshit frustrating grating bullshit we put up and struggle with this weird rear end game we as a whole did a poo poo load of both fun and constructive things.

It's been a busy war, we've never been active. At some point a majority of us scrapped, hauled, manufactured, fought, built and healed. GOON set up not one but TWO major defensive concrete bunker bases in the central region of the most fought after area of the game and held the drat line and when they could not be there we showed up and fed our allies, competant or not. We worked hard and welcomed many new goons coming it either for the short stay and long haul and even made some pretty important friendships with the more relaxed chilled Warden clans.

Hell, Roy and Pokchu both went the extra mile and with some other players proved that working together smaller and less influential Warden clans can turn the tide and hold as good as the big boys if things like planning and talking to each other were considered. I hope all of this will be remembered for as long as we have the patience to play the game even just for the fun.

Next war for us will certainly be a more minor affair, we did a lot of large scale projects and had ambition with this one and sadly the burn out for many is real. Some of us will be breaking, Pokchu is about to be a father a 2nd time any day now so wish him and his SO good luck! a few of us will be experimenting fighting on the Colonial side to break the tedium or see something new. I wish them luck too.

On a brighter note, I finally got one of my own personal goals for the game and got the rank of Captain. I am pretty muchs satisified with this one now. But yeah, we'll still play along and bumble along for the next war, allegedly some point we'll be hearing about new content and the developers will remove their heads from their rear ends long enough to stream something to get us pumped for that war. My advice for those suffering the blues with Foxhole is just break from the game for a war and play something else. Keep an eye on the Discord or thread we'll keep both active enough to remind you and tell you about the new content or perhaps even mystical things like quality of life improvements.

In the mean time, have some videos. I put together two ones of our work in the last few weeks of this busy rear end war. The first one is just a general compilation video of GOON actions through the whole campaign and the second one is footage of the GOON Bunker Bases that our builders put up in Deadlands with the Storm Cannons being fired by our allies. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDYtKPCpz2k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RT9mQawcng

SeanBeansShako fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Feb 6, 2022

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Logi is a fun and good thing, but it's just too much of a pain in the rear end at this point. There's practically no point in getting resources from the front lines when you have to drive 3 zones away to bring it to a refinery, and the fact that you're using a dump truck to carry it means you can't even do anything with the return trip like bring bmats or shirts. Best case you're using a flatbed with a shipping crate or something at a mine with lots of already stockpiled scrap and a crane, but that's not very common and still feels like a poo poo ton of work for what you're actually getting out of it.

A more complicated logistics system like the one we're in where warehouses are even important would be cool, but ONLY IF there was a coordinated way to do it; we've got people who will sometimes volunteer to be QM but really without an actual administration to ensure that the right things are being made and brought to the right places near the front, it's just piecemeal bullshit.

It would also be nice if there were a good way to pack equipment up from BBs, so that when the front shifts it can make sense to pull some assault or siege inventory from the back lines BB instead of just building another truck in the rear and taking fresh crates up with you.

WRT the issue of abandoned trucks littering the front lines, it would probably help for the trucks to be more expensive so that it actually made sense to return them. Flatbeds might be somewhat expensive but the covered wagons just absolutely poo poo up the battlefield. Even being able to break them back down to crateable inventory feels like it would be huge!

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I remember a recent war where a port nearby Goondor hit the max of 500 or so freighters and they just kept piling up in the waterway, abandoned. We eventually used them to choke the waterway for collie spotters trying to range in their storm cannons so it ended up kinda useful but that got ridiculous. There's no good solution to 600+ freighters in one location.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Just start calling them liberty ships

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

bird food bathtub posted:

I remember a recent war where a port nearby Goondor hit the max of 500 or so freighters and they just kept piling up in the waterway, abandoned. We eventually used them to choke the waterway for collie spotters trying to range in their storm cannons so it ended up kinda useful but that got ridiculous. There's no good solution to 600+ freighters in one location.

The limit was 100 freighters. The devs "solved" the problem by upping the limit to 1,000.

Abandoned Ward recently hit 1,000 shipping containers. Somebody has now set up a flak gun for the purposes of destroying them. You can also load them on a freighter and park it under a bridge, but that is quite a hassle.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
okay now i think that the wardens are going to win again

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:
Truly a roller coaster of emotions

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Sundial has put out a general 'EVERYONE WHO CAN SPARE IT, SCROOP SCROOP SCROOP AND PRODUCE FOR MIDLINE' order right now. I feel if you just want to chill and don't mind the drive best kind of break at the moment unless you thirst for Colonial skulls.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Stereotype posted:

The thing that really kills the game is alt accounts though, and there isn't a whole lot you can do about it. Buying a second copy of the game with a character in the other faction to sabotage is just game-breakingly easy and effective. For example: one guy in about 15 minutes stole every fuel truck in Abandoned Ward, probably 15 of them, and drove them into the sea. Someone caught him and got people in Region chat to mass report him so he got banned (though probably only temporarily), but it is entirely possible he could have gotten away with it as well. Even though he got banned the damage was still done, and people had to haul in more fuel trucks for hours while vehicles were crippled in the meantime. You could also fill up a cargo container with everything you can grab in the public stockpile and then just drive it into enemy lines. I imagine public pull times are long to try and stop this, plus you can technically see a log of who takes what (though not easily, the log is usually grows by thousands of lines every day), but it's still probably rampant. This is why everything is in private stockpiles too, the pull times are way shorter and you don't have to worry as much about someone stealing it all. And that's just logi, an alt can easily load up and leave a landing ship somewhere it can be easily stolen (which is likely what happened in Eidolo), or they can scout out defensive lines looking for holes (which is what has happened in a lot of the satchel runs). Last war an alt ruined the goon storm cannon base by replacing every buildable tile with observation posts, which can't be undone.

Ah that's why people are so touchy about alts. Almost got mass reported once after just buying the game because we were getting rolled back through some islands and the Colonial tanks were owning us. So I decided to hang out near the bridge with some dynamite, anticipating that the Collies were gonna keep steamrolling and wanting to slow them down while we re-organised. Then a logistics driver accidentally ran me over, searched me and saw that I was holding nothing but dynamite, and started yelling in the chat window. Whoopsie!

That's so incredibly lame that people would do that? I just don't understand.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

DaysBefore posted:

Ah that's why people are so touchy about alts. Almost got mass reported once after just buying the game because we were getting rolled back through some islands and the Colonial tanks were owning us. So I decided to hang out near the bridge with some dynamite, anticipating that the Collies were gonna keep steamrolling and wanting to slow them down while we re-organised. Then a logistics driver accidentally ran me over, searched me and saw that I was holding nothing but dynamite, and started yelling in the chat window. Whoopsie!

That's so incredibly lame that people would do that? I just don't understand.

some people only have fun if they are winning and are willing to do whatever it takes to achieve that.

last night the collies figured out that there is a weird glitched build spot for rifle pillboxes that is behind the steep slope down to the water next to a bridge. if you build there the pillbox is invisible, like it doesn't render because you can't get line-of-sight on it, but also you can shoot through the hillside and hit people who can't see you. it's nearly impossible to kill them too, since they are "under" the ground, tanks can't get a straight shot and neither can a malone or an RPG. you literally just have to toss a mammon blindly at where you think they are and hope that it lands, then do it again a minute later because the dude sitting in it is going to shoot you. I don't understand how it is fun to abuse this though. some dude sat in it for at least an hour with a ton of gas masks and rifle ammo just murdering everyone who came close to the bridge. it was stupid. there were a dozen of them too since it turns out you could build them all over that coastline

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

Stereotype posted:

some people only have fun if they are winning and are willing to do whatever it takes to achieve that.

last night the collies figured out that there is a weird glitched build spot for rifle pillboxes that is behind the steep slope down to the water next to a bridge. if you build there the pillbox is invisible, like it doesn't render because you can't get line-of-sight on it, but also you can shoot through the hillside and hit people who can't see you. it's nearly impossible to kill them too, since they are "under" the ground, tanks can't get a straight shot and neither can a malone or an RPG. you literally just have to toss a mammon blindly at where you think they are and hope that it lands, then do it again a minute later because the dude sitting in it is going to shoot you. I don't understand how it is fun to abuse this though. some dude sat in it for at least an hour with a ton of gas masks and rifle ammo just murdering everyone who came close to the bridge. it was stupid. there were a dozen of them too since it turns out you could build them all over that coastline

Ugh. Yeah that might be worth making a report on their website. *Maybe* it'll get fixed.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

The war is still going on the pendulum swung entirely in our direction now with Kirknell falling, we're 22 VP to their 15. SC's are decaying and crumbling and none of the rockets have been shot off.

This poo poo even for Foxhole is crazy.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
dang that sounds like a rollercoaster

taters
Jun 13, 2005

Its the first low population wash out ending with the expanded game world. Entire hexes are ghost towns. This happened a lot in the pre-asymmetry days when the tech was identical and Wardens had 10+ victory streaks. Nothing like that is happening now, the devs have just successfully implemented their Vison of endless bunker and trench grinding. Nerfing storm cannons if anything has made things like this more likely. Wardens in the past have tended to win these but who even knows now; most of the current players weren't around back then.

bird food bathtub posted:

When you are done with the freighter park it under a bridge and climb out with the ladder. Freighter gone in under 2 minutes.

taters fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Feb 11, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhenInRome
Jun 17, 2011
Oh poo poo I didn't realize goons played this game, picked it up a few weeks ago and it's loving sick, it's like Planetside except good. It's a shame yall are Warden scum because I really like Collies but I'm probably gonna switch over next war so I can get a feel for both sides' tech

taters posted:

Its the first low population wash out ending with the expanded game world. Entire hexes are ghost towns. This happened a lot in the pre-asymmetry days when the tech was identical and Wardens had 10+ victory streaks. Nothing like that is happening now, the devs have just successfully implemented their Vison of endless bunker and trench grinding. Nerfing storm cannons if anything has made things like this more likely. Wardens in the past have tended to win these but who even knows now; most of the current players weren't around back then.

Yeah our population has taken a nosedive in the past few days and I can def see why - I'm still having fun shooting people but I'm already starting to feel a little burnt out, I've been in the same hex for a literal week now watching the same zones repeatedly flip sides because those fuckoff huge concrete bases seem impossible to kill and neither team can ever get enough momentum for a sustained push. When I first started playing I could seriously just join up with some randoms in a tank or doing partisan poo poo or whatever and end up being a huge contributor in taking a zone, now it feels like nothing I do really matters because I'm not in a clan and I don't know how to build. Blowing up Wardens is still cool even if it's inherently meaningless, but at this point I kinda don't even care who wins I just want it to end so I can experience the early war again