Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
That's definitely by design on Konami's part. Gotta get you to Crack open packs for URs to break down and craft URs somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

On the bright(?) side once you craft your Ashes, Maxxes, Imperms etc etc you can splash them into future decks for a very long time.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Oh neat, I didn't realize we had a thread

I need some feedback on my current Master Duel deck. Its been doing decently and has carried me to Plat but I'm starting to run into some issues. Eldlich and Tri aren't a huge issue but Sky Strikers and Dragonmaids have been killing me. Its mostly cobbled together from a bunch of different Dino decklists with a few subs for where I didn't have enough UR dust to craft certain cards.

Anyone have any idea what I should shoot for to craft next or anything I might be missing?

List

MONSTERS - 19
Animadorned Archosaur x2
Babycerasaurus x3
Maxx "C" x3
Petiteranodon x 1
Ash Blossom x 1
Giant Rex x 1
Miscellaneousaurus x 3
Souleating Oviraptor x 2
Dinowrestler Pankrotops x1
Super Conductor Tyranno x2

SPELLS- 19
Raigeki x 1
Harpy's Feather Duster x 1
Monster Reborn x 1 (filler)
Terraforming x 1
Double Evolution Pill x 2
Fossil Dig x 3
Pot of Extravagence x 1 (filler)
Lightning Storm x 1
Lost World x 3
Book of Moon x 1 (filler)
Super Polymerization x 2
Forbidden Chalice x 2

TRAPS- 2
Bottomless Trap Hole x 1 (filler)
Solemn Judgment x 1

EXTRA- 15
Mudragon of the Swamp x 2
Starving Venom Fusion Dragon x 1
Evolzar Laggia x 1
Evolzar Dolkka x 1
Kachi Kochi Dragon x 1 (filler)
Link Spider x 1 (filler)
Linkuriboh x 2
Secure Gardna x 3
Pentestag x 3

I know I probably want more Dolkka/Laggia and Impermanence over some of the filler. And another Linkuriboh if I keep Pot of Extravagence, its screwed me a few times only having 2.

Zore fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Feb 3, 2022

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Imperm seems like the next obvious add, yeah. I'd say "or Veiler as a budget option", but they're both UR in Master Duel. :pseudo:

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I managed to get out a Majesty's Fiend (no special summons allowed) on the first turn and my opponent immediately scooped. lol

In another duel, i was playing an Eldritch/Sky Strikers deck who had me on the ropes and was gonna win. He then scooped for some inexplicable reason. Double lol

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I managed to get out a Majesty's Fiend (no special summons allowed) on the first turn and my opponent immediately scooped. lol

If i didnt have a removal spell id scoop too, if your deck absolutely needs to special summon to function theres no sense wasting your time

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

https://twitter.com/ShayMay_/status/1489374911948857351

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
Well, still plugging away in Gold with my Cyber Dragons deck... and I just lost a game to an opponent who hit my Cyber Dragon Infinity with a Solemn Judgement, then swapped my Cyber Dragon Sieger for their Dark Scorpion Burglars with Creature Swap. After that they created three tokens with Hippo Carnival, rammed each of them into the aforementioned Dark Scorpion Burglars, with each attack resulting in a Jackpot 7 being sent from their deck to the graveyard. Apparently Jackpot 7 is banished immediately, leaving you unable to use Ash Blossom to counter that.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Skios posted:

Well, still plugging away in Gold with my Cyber Dragons deck... and I just lost a game to an opponent who hit my Cyber Dragon Infinity with a Solemn Judgement, then swapped my Cyber Dragon Sieger for their Dark Scorpion Burglars with Creature Swap. After that they created three tokens with Hippo Carnival, rammed each of them into the aforementioned Dark Scorpion Burglars, with each attack resulting in a Jackpot 7 being sent from their deck to the graveyard. Apparently Jackpot 7 is banished immediately, leaving you unable to use Ash Blossom to counter that.
That is the funniest, jankiest instant win combo I've ever heard of. :allears:

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
Yeah, definitely not mad at all. I'd rather lose to decks like this than sitting around for 20 minutes going second against Drytron and crossing my fingers hoping that they'll brick/misplay to give me a chance. The silly thing is, going back through the replay, the only thing I could have done to stop the combo was not plink away at their Scapegoat tokens.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

Are you using Gameciel? I've found I had to do it to contain Drytron. Of course, if they get out Vanity's fiend as well, then the game is truly over.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Dryton are an enormous hassle. I can sometimes win if I go second and I can break their board for the OTK with my Tyrannos but its super inconsistent and if they get a turn when they're allowed to attack I just die. Easily my worst matchup of the decks I've fought.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Oppnent flipped skill drain in response to diviner of the herald. I still was able to send a fairy to the graveyard. Why?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Played a guy who drew Raigeki and Feather Duster in his opening hand. He lost because his connection failed in the middle of an extraneous combo. lol

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

mandatory lesbian posted:

Oppnent flipped skill drain in response to diviner of the herald. I still was able to send a fairy to the graveyard. Why?

Edit: nvm, see the answer below

MegaZeroX fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Feb 5, 2022

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

With the way Skill Drain works, effects can still be activated, and if the card isn't still on the field at resolution, the effect will go through without being negated.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Julias posted:

With the way Skill Drain works, effects can still be activated, and if the card isn't still on the field at resolution, the effect will go through without being negated.

Ooooh, i did in fact sac it to trie...oh god this one fairy with a hard to remember name that has a quick effect to sac a fairy to special summon it! Interesting how that works, i didnt realize that was important my bad

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Ooooh, i did in fact sac it to trie...oh god this one fairy with a hard to remember name that has a quick effect to sac a fairy to special summon it! Interesting how that works, i didnt realize that was important my bad

Trias Hierarchia! A card that's going to be really useful if the TCG ever gets the loving Agents structure deck!

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Got to Plat 1 again :toot: Was stuck in Plat 3 for a little bit but had a good 8-win streak all the way to 1.

This poor Dragonmaid player was the penultimate fight:

Mudragon can't be targeted by card effects, so Dinomischus had to banish their own Kitchen, then they chained Tidying to bounce her back to "save" her, but Tidying still can't bounce Mudragon... so they had to return my Shadow Mist from GY to my hand instead. They scooped very quickly after. :haw:

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Idk how paranoid you are about this but your name is visible if that kinda thing worries you

Congrats on plat! I remember e-heros being a fun dumb deck back...a long time ago, i know its more competitive now with all its support and thats cool

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

It's not actually my real name so it's cool :v:

The deck's kind of prone to bricking, but most games last 2 turns at most (Heroes can pull OTKs out of their rear end and Dark Law/Plasma can be an auto-win) which is nice for laddering.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Do I feel guilty about using a Sheou negate on an opponent's Pot of Desires and then deleting their Zoodiac Boarbow with House Dragonmaid's effect?

No. No I do not.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I was recently confused why my opponent was never activating their Sheou's until I remembered that they fired Pot of Extravagance earlier.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I have now pulled 7 Starry Dragons and no Sheou. Games haunted.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

That's what you get for not accepting Dragon Jesus

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Well, i made it to gold. Im gonna dread trying to plat, super quants seems insanely bad against dryton and i assume everyone in gold is tryharding. Ugh

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Whats the best counter to drytron?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Well, i made it to gold. Im gonna dread trying to plat, super quants seems insanely bad against dryton and i assume everyone in gold is tryharding. Ugh

Gold, IME, is still kinda wild-west. It's not until plat that it's The Drytron Power Hour, Guest Starring Eldlitch.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Anything that uncounterably kills their Herald fucks them over, eg Kaijus or Forbidden Droplet.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Kyrosiris posted:

Gold, IME, is still kinda wild-west. It's not until plat that it's The Drytron Power Hour, Guest Starring Eldlitch.

Really, thats so odd to me. Once you plat why bother tryharding lol, youre in the clear!

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Anything that uncounterably kills their Herald fucks them over, eg Kaijus or Forbidden Droplet.

Oh yes, of course! Kaijus, my old friends

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Yeah, Plat kinda sucks in terms of try-harding. I did face a mirror dino deck there tonight though which was fun (they won because I hosed up a card interaction :negative:)

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Really, thats so odd to me. Once you plat why bother tryharding lol, youre in the clear!

I guess pushing for Plat 1? idk

I just play Dragonmaids because they cute. :shrug:

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

The best counter to Drytron is going first :v: But yeah Kaijus are good against pretty much any of the tryhard meta decks (Eldlich a bit less so but bypassing Eldlich's destruction protection and turning off Conq/Huaq's secondary effect can be nice)

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

blizzardvizard posted:

The best counter to Drytron is going first :v:

But then maids have to wait two whole turns to punch people in the face! This is unacceptable! :argh:

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Playing Eldlich is great, I never win by getting their LP to 0, I win when they get sick of playing against me and quit out. I throw my hands in the air then do a triumphant turkey trot.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
I've been looking at tutorials on YouTube, specifically to see if I can turn my current Pendulum Magician deck into Pendulum Magician FTK/OTK off of Lyrilusc - Independent Nightingale. Unfortunately the only YouTuber I've found so far that was talking about this deck is pretty horrible, declaring every card either 'based' or 'cucked' and constantly talking about how he's going to clap his opponent's cheeks. Are there any good resources on this deck before I take apart my Blue Eyes deck and commit?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

I'm so loving confused????? My opponent Ashed their own Maxx C?????????

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Good players sometimes make mistakes.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

I definitely Ashed my own Maxx C before. Misclicks are very real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

It's just so confusing because it was at the start of the turn, I hadn't even started developing, just blind blasted Raigeki to clear my own way and... that.