Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Joey Freshwater posted:

Are we counting live action stuff too? Jasmine becomes Sultan at the end of the live action Aladdin.

Does Snow White become queen after offing the Evil Queen and marrying the Prince?

I have no idea for Snow White, honestly.

Elsa becomes Queen like right at the beginning of Frozen, so that's pretty clear. Does Belle become a queen or a princess? Does Ariel? Who knows?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Anyways Rapunzel is my favorite because of the TV series actually being good and developing both her and Eugene's characters further

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

a neat cape posted:

I have no idea for Snow White, honestly.

Elsa becomes Queen like right at the beginning of Frozen, so that's pretty clear. Does Belle become a queen or a princess? Does Ariel? Who knows?!

Belle marries a Prince and as far as we know the Prince's parents are long gone so...maybe? Are they automatically elevated to King/Queen? Guess the same can be asked about Eric/Ariel.

e: though it's never addressed them being Prince/Princess doesn't mean they're next in line for the throne I guess

e2: Someone who hasn't logged in since last night is gonna see there's like 100 new posts and be like wtf happened and it's all gonna be Disney chat lol

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Feb 6, 2022

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Off topic but I'm going to look at another house today. I'll never understand the people who stage houses. This one looks like the person staging it has never actually lived in a house. The furniture is in weird places. The designer or whoever also REALLY liked blue. Like everything is blue. The cabinets, the walls, even the bed sheets and accent pillows are blue. The couch is a gray/blue.

They even painted the mantle blue??

Like I actually like the house a lot and would have to do a lot of painting but its SO MUCH BLUE

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Probably just the previous owner really likes blue. The only thing you should care about with paint is the exterior and any potential damage it's hiding.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Probably just the previous owner really likes blue. The only thing you should care about with paint is the exterior and any potential damage it's hiding.

Well yeah, like I implied I'd be doing some painting it's just everywhere. I even like blue a lot but that would drive me crazy

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Firepit more like :effort:pit

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

Yeah I hate the way it looks. Luckily it looks like they did it cheap so it would be easy to move and build a better one. It doesn't even look like you could reasonably fit chairs around it without being half on the grass

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Found the PO:

https://youtu.be/zA52uNzx7Y4

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Joey Freshwater posted:

Like I actually like the house a lot and would have to do a lot of painting but its SO MUCH BLUE

This offer stands for anyone itt:

Blowjob Overtime posted:

We have a dark blue countertop with a built-in scalloped sink that was in our primary bathroom. Yours for the taking if you can get here before we actually do this Bagster garage collection thing.

e: Before you ask, no, sadly we do not still have the dark blue toilet that accompanied it

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

shirts and skins posted:

*Rips up this post and throws the scraps into the wind*

I'll kill you

god, Gundam Wing was batshit. It must hold up terribly

I've been rewatching it, it's fine. Biggest issue is the pacing. The overall story takes forever to come to fruition but then there's certain things that happen like out nowhere. Like yeah, the gundam fighters are against OZ fighting for the colonies, then bam there's suddenly a terrorist group fighting for the colonies that are now the bad guys (while OZ is still a little bad). The 5 pilots using the Wing Zero system to see their future to unite is a little cheesy.

Compared to other gundam material it's probably dated. But yeah, the ethics of using weapon drones hits differently today as opposed to 2000.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

You want to see a dead body

https://twitter.com/marcmaron/status/1490364814924812290?t=hTO_igQxYnaiCNcoQqSqIQ&s=19

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I know it’s just a minor footnote in his career, but I still have a hard time getting past how brutally unfunny Maron’s IFC show was.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

seiferguy posted:

I've been rewatching it, it's fine. Biggest issue is the pacing. The overall story takes forever to come to fruition but then there's certain things that happen like out nowhere. Like yeah, the gundam fighters are against OZ fighting for the colonies, then bam there's suddenly a terrorist group fighting for the colonies that are now the bad guys (while OZ is still a little bad). The 5 pilots using the Wing Zero system to see their future to unite is a little cheesy.

Compared to other gundam material it's probably dated. But yeah, the ethics of using weapon drones hits differently today as opposed to 2000.

I once heard someone liken it to "a Fast & Furious film set against a space war" and that almost makes me want to watch the F&F movies so that I can complete the metaphor in my head.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Shades of Jon Stewart/Stephen Colbert and their “golly gee I’m just a comedian, don’t get mad at me if I got this story wrong” hand-wringing.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Joey Freshwater posted:

Off topic but I'm going to look at another house today. I'll never understand the people who stage houses. This one looks like the person staging it has never actually lived in a house. The furniture is in weird places. The designer or whoever also REALLY liked blue. Like everything is blue. The cabinets, the walls, even the bed sheets and accent pillows are blue. The couch is a gray/blue.

They even painted the mantle blue??

My favorite staged house thing is the living room with a bunch of chairs facing each other where there is no possible way to actually watch tv or do anything useful, and bedrooms with beds that are like 5 feet long so they look bigger. Also all of the generic live laugh love type stuff.

How do people buy a house when they need the proceeds of the house they live in to buy a new house? We looked into one of those companies that facilitates that (they buy both houses, sell yours first, then you buy the new house off of them), and it was such an unbelievable ripoff I am not sure how they get any business. Per month they charge 4x what a nice apartment/rental house would cost until your initial house is sold, but since they are in control of actually selling it they can stall and rake in money while you literally do not have a house. On top of that they have 3 different closing fees and then charge you 1% of the new mortgage afterwards. If you go through with it I do not see a situation where they are not essentially holding you hostage while they own "both" (current and future) houses and can charge you somewhere between 5-10% the value of the new house. I guess the solution is to just move into an apartment for however long it takes?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

FizFashizzle posted:

But that looks a lot like my... nevermind.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Staging aside, I think that blue house is gorgeous compared to most of the listings I see.

A lot of redone houses are basically the blue house but instead of different blues it’s all the *exact* same grey throughout.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

LeeMajors posted:

I’ve had success the past few times with lightning boons on the cast and special with Daedalus hammer increased strike on projectile attacks clearing out the rats. The big rats are so hardy and poison me so quickly I end up bleeding life though.

I’ll get there. I’ve gotten to hades like 4 of my last 5 runs. It’s bullshit they lead us on with the health bar :argh:

You have to hit and run on the rats so that you don't come out of your dash standing in their poison pools. It can be hard to get used to, especially if you're using the sword or fists so you have to dash in, hit, dash out instead of hitting multiple times

Yeah sometimes I find myself wanting to scream "How do you still have so much health?!" at those rats

Just wait until you get to EM4 Hades! (this won't be for awhile)

Intruder fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Feb 6, 2022

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Good news: it is forecasted to be a borderline-tropical 42 degrees on Tuesday

Bad news: Thursday forecast is precipitation while the temperature drops from 38 to 24

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
What the honest to god gently caress?

https://twitter.com/KnowS0mething/status/1490112448225030145?s=20&t=0Qa7IdDG7aBrQ7KsTgQeaA

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Oh that’s the racist floorshitting red beard loser of, I think, VDare fame—Chuck Johnson.

Rogan’s show is really good at giving platforms to dorkass hateful losers who should be tossed in an oubliette.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Things have really gone downhill in the Black Lodge.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Whoever convinced all these comics they were important vanguards of freedom must be held accountable for their crimes

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

lol saying that Europeans and Asians got less violent as their ancestors moved out of Africa is almost as dumb as saying that people from Africa are genetically predisposed towards violence. Just dogshit stupid.

You can see the gears turning in Rogan's head for just a moment at the end there as he realizes this, but alas he can't quite get there.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

C-Euro posted:

lol saying that Europeans and Asians got less violent as their ancestors moved out of Africa is almost as dumb as saying that people from Africa are genetically predisposed towards violence. Just dogshit stupid.

You can see the gears turning in Rogan's head for just a moment at the end there as he realizes this, but alas he can't quite get there.

Yeah, the period between the end of WW2 and now is the longest the European continent has gone without an active war happening there since the concept of Europe existed. And I think that's been true since like the 70s, if not earlier.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

C-Euro posted:

*looks at the place on my family tree where my maternal grandpa would be* *looks at timeline of Imperial Japan occupying Korea*

No poo poo!?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Its Rinaldo posted:

*looks at the place on my family tree where my grandpa would be* *looks at timeline of Imperial Japan occupying Korea*

No poo poo!?

Oh yeah, ask Manchuria about how much less violent the Japanese had gotten.

Or any survivor of the Chinese civil war between the Communists and the Nationalists about how less violent the rest of their country was. Or to go back to Europeans, ask any former European colony in Asia about how non-violent Europeans were.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

shirts and skins posted:

*Rips up this post and throws the scraps into the wind*

I'll kill you

god, Gundam Wing was batshit. It must hold up terribly

I loving love Wing and in my quest to watch every single main Gundam series, nothing has yet to replace it as my fave. That said, it holds up better than expected but has some rough patches and the middle space parts slow down. Gundam 00 definitely takes and improves some stuff Wing in season 1 so I usually rec it instead.

I'm almost done with ZZ Gundam so that leaves me with 08th MS Team (a rewatch), G-Gundam (a rewatch) G-Reco (haven't seen), AGE (haven't seen), Gubdam X (haven't seen) and Iron Blooded Orphans (need to finish) to complete.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Joey Freshwater posted:

Speaking from the experience as a real life Disney Prince however, there can only be one

I dont think I've ever shared that lol

Well that's adorable.

In a surprise to probably no one, I have a Cinderella costume hanging in my closet right now. Let's do a photoshoot.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

So the Prince in Cinderella is a foot guy, right? Glass slippers would be see through and he apparently can't recognize her by looking at her face or describe what she looks like to anyone to narrow down the search. Just "nope, better make sure she has a foot that fits in this slipper." He spent the entire dance just staring at her feet..

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Skwirl posted:

He spent the entire dance just staring at her feet..

He could just be a bad dancer maybe.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Just got to Styx at run 30. Fists and shield are my favorite, and about 80% of the time I am just running in a circle dash-striking repeatedly until the room clears

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Pain of Mind posted:

My favorite staged house thing is the living room with a bunch of chairs facing each other where there is no possible way to actually watch tv or do anything useful, and bedrooms with beds that are like 5 feet long so they look bigger. Also all of the generic live laugh love type stuff.

How do people buy a house when they need the proceeds of the house they live in to buy a new house? We looked into one of those companies that facilitates that (they buy both houses, sell yours first, then you buy the new house off of them), and it was such an unbelievable ripoff I am not sure how they get any business. Per month they charge 4x what a nice apartment/rental house would cost until your initial house is sold, but since they are in control of actually selling it they can stall and rake in money while you literally do not have a house. On top of that they have 3 different closing fees and then charge you 1% of the new mortgage afterwards. If you go through with it I do not see a situation where they are not essentially holding you hostage while they own "both" (current and future) houses and can charge you somewhere between 5-10% the value of the new house. I guess the solution is to just move into an apartment for however long it takes?

People will sometimes buy a place on contingency that they can sell their existing home. So the deal doesn’t really go through until the party buying a new home can sell their existing one. Then they try to do the closings for both homes over a matter of a couple of days. They sell their home, move everything out, have the moving company hold their stuff for a day, then close on the new home and move in.

It’s complicated and doesn’t always work. Other option is kind of like you said. Find a buyer for your home, in the period between closing on your current home, go out and find your new place. Then you hope you can time the closings fairly close so you’re not stuck living out of a hotel for a few weeks.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Bird in a Blender posted:

People will sometimes buy a place on contingency that they can sell their existing home. So the deal doesn’t really go through until the party buying a new home can sell their existing one. Then they try to do the closings for both homes over a matter of a couple of days. They sell their home, move everything out, have the moving company hold their stuff for a day, then close on the new home and move in.

It’s complicated and doesn’t always work. Other option is kind of like you said. Find a buyer for your home, in the period between closing on your current home, go out and find your new place. Then you hope you can time the closings fairly close so you’re not stuck living out of a hotel for a few weeks.

I just did a closing where we did two in a 3 hour timespan

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Pain of Mind posted:

I guess the solution is to just move into an apartment for however long it takes?

Pretty much. Family of ours sold their house at the "peak" in fall 2020 and planned a 1-2 month stay in a short term rental while they found a place. Which they did, a year later.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Pain of Mind posted:

What state are you located in? It’s a common thing to happen and 95% of the time when there’s financing, there’s a contingency on financing AND previous home sale.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Skwirl posted:

So the Prince in Cinderella is a foot guy, right? Glass slippers would be see through and he apparently can't recognize her by looking at her face or describe what she looks like to anyone to narrow down the search. Just "nope, better make sure she has a foot that fits in this slipper." He spent the entire dance just staring at her feet..

Uh huh and in the actual Grimm story, the step sisters mutilate their feet to fit in the slipper because no fairy tale is complete without some gore.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

My parents sold their house, rented for a little while, then bought their current condo. They timed it pretty perfectly because it was a big suburban house that they sold right before the 2008 financial collapse and then bought a condo in the city afterwards and while it didn't drop as much in price as a 3 bedroom right next to a giant new housing development, it did go down. It's also gone up way more in value than that house probably would have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

When I was a kid I thought when you bought and sold a house you swapped houses with someone and that's how moving houses happened.