Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Is it possible to be a grown adult and just find the taste of alcohol revolting?

Yup. I straight up don't drink wine. Does nothing for me.

Just drink whatever you like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I can't stand most alcoholic beverages but I tolerate them.

I also don't really get drunk not for lack of trying but it just takes me too long and isn't that enjoyable.

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

We must never speak of this!
Once you get to the point where you realise you don't have to get drunk as possible quickly as possible to have a fun night you actually enjoy drinking more.

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

Maximum Sexy Pigeon posted:

Once you get to the point where you realise you don't have to get drunk as possible quickly as possible to have a fun night you actually enjoy drinking more.

but if you take too long to realise this you never stop and then you got the 'holism

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I usually just buy a sixer of mountain goat and smoke weed to get loose. Cheaper, no hangover.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Bloody Seppos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BviDM2qnFo

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Bill Posters posted:

That sounds sick.

Also gunna get a scooter windshield cos I'm heavy as gently caress already, why not look like eco-activist purple rain Prince

Jestery fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Feb 5, 2022

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
I like to smash down a crispy lager after work and smoke a dart. Like taking 3-4 big gulps and then lighting the cigarette. I think that it is one of my favourite things to do.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Schneider Inside Her posted:

I like to smash down a crispy lager after work and smoke a dart. Like taking 3-4 big gulps and then lighting the cigarette. I think that it is one of my favourite things to do.

I can feel this post.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

I remember in the heat of summer

Cracking a lager , smoking a bong on the balcony, then coming into and air con room , repeat every 45 minutes or when beer in hand is depleated

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Is it possible to be a grown adult and just find the taste of alcohol revolting?

It depends on your tannin sensitivity re: wine. People who are more tannin sensitive taste way more of the bitter alcoholic tannins and don't get any of the other wine flavours, people without it are the ones running around saying 'fruity and a touch of smoke'.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Sometimes it’s so cold in Canberra there’ll be a total WATER ban!

Just some clean humour everyone can enjoy :)

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

coolusername posted:

It depends on your tannin sensitivity re: wine. People who are more tannin sensitive taste way more of the bitter alcoholic tannins and don't get any of the other wine flavours, people without it are the ones running around saying 'fruity and a touch of smoke'.

I think I taste the tannins

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
there should be a late night fried chicken chain

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Straight to your bed chicken delivery person who also tucks you in

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

All alcohol is kinda nasty and should probably be illegal if we’re banning drugs.

adeadcrab
Feb 1, 2006

Objectifying women is cool and normal

Laserface posted:

I think I taste the tannins

Ditch the Shiraz and try something like Pinot noir or gamay

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
'you just need to try a different strain bro' - me pushing verdelho on a dude who just came in for some great northerns

bee
Dec 17, 2008

Do you often sing or whistle just for fun?
I didn't like the taste of wine until I hit about 27ish. I quit smoking around the same time so not sure whether that had something to do with it.

All beer tastes awful to me and I can't stand the taste of coffee either. Maybe I have some kind of weird bitter sensory thing going on.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I have no real taste aversions to anything really.
I'm also super not picky about beer (missus likes corona or Asahi so if we buy beer that's usually it) and I will drink any wine aldi level upwards. I rarely drink spirits and didn't have enough bad experiences as a youth to put me off any of them really, probably not going to sip neat Jim Beam of anything though.
No food aversions either and can eat more or less anything, but I make up for this by being damned vegetarian

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

in terms of hospitality (i.e., being at someone's house not the industry) I've always stood by the wisdom that when someone offers you a beer your favourite brand is "free" and your second favourite is "cold".

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

After a hectic work week, the slog has finally paid off with something I am truly a chuffed oval office about.

Just acquired this absolute monster

A 74 Ibanez 2452DX, aka their 'Ripper' copy.

It weighs a loving tonne, solid maple body and neck, has fat singles hidden under mudbucker housing so sounds more like a Rick than a Gibbo.
It's about 90% the tone I want for a ballsy rock bass, might have the check the wiring because it feels like something is missing, but otherwise a supurb build. Surprisingly comfy for something so unwieldy, well-balanced.

Had a bash at some tunes, worked good with oldshool Shihad, better voiced for Helmet but is almost perfect for The Mark Of Cain "Ill At Ease" era.

baaderbrains
Apr 30, 2007

safeguard the children
Oh hell yes. Also Tym rat in the background.

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

baaderbrains posted:

Oh hell yes. Also Tym rat in the background.

Tym Rat, in turbo

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

That's where good neighbours
*Sniif snif*
Become....good....friends.....
*Single tear*
https://twitter.com/rickyboleto/status/1490199616251383809?s=20&t=vuMlUzBhGB7NZlC8duFlBA

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Does that mean they have to put Harold down?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Paving the way for the return of Blue Heelers hopefully.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Water Rats

Clugg
Apr 21, 2005

Yesterday I drove to Noojee and got on a bike and attached my feet to the pedals and then I moved my legs in such a way that the bike moved me from where I started to the top of Mount Baw Baw

It was a bad decision

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Jestery posted:

That's where good neighbours
*Sniif snif*
Become....good....friends.....
*Single tear*
https://twitter.com/rickyboleto/status/1490199616251383809?s=20&t=vuMlUzBhGB7NZlC8duFlBA

Neighbours is probably older than a lot of people in this thread, at 36 years on the air
I never watched it but it would be weird for it to be gone, as far as the UK audience is concerned Home and Away has the beach which is a critical advantage with the poms

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

What will Toadfish do? He's never known any other life.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

I'm imagining a crossover ever where the long term neighbours actors just appear cold , confused and suffering from mild amnesia on summer beach

Home and away going eldritch

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Bill Posters posted:

Sadly they put them down after their viable useful period. It's possible to adopt them, but it's an expensive and lenghty process.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Seeing Toadfish "Jared" Rebecchi grow from a troubled young man loitering in a cement pipe into a respected lawyer in many ways mirrors my own journey as someone who lived in a sewer and is now in a lot of legal trouble.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Bill Posters posted:

Retire on residuals

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Things I am doing: preparing some basic schematics for a civil engineer to design me some poo poo for work

What I want to be doing: hunched over like a prawn playing Dyson sphere program on my second "poo poo I learnt" playthrough

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
Hospital now can't tell me when I will be given a surgery date because their surgery lists keep being cancelled due to no staff/beds. So much for the healthcare system "coping".

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

Jestery posted:

I'm imagining a crossover ever where the long term neighbours actors just appear cold , confused and suffering from mild amnesia on summer beach

Home and away going eldritch

Flamin' heck Elsa, where does madness leave off and reality begin?

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

While I may have suggested previously that I dont really like to drink heaps, an otherwise normal sunday arvo beer garden sesh turned pretty sloppy pretty quickly when we learned of a promotion. buy 9 VBs, get a pair of VB booty shorts.

9 VBs between mates was no big deal. but then we all wanted booty shorts.

36 VBs later and we all looked extremely fantastic in our matching green VB booty shorts.

related: I am feeling pretty rubbish today.

e: im not putting my rear end on the internet, not even for Bill Posters.

E: I will compromise since I can't find a pic or any mention of the promo online

Laserface fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Feb 7, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

Post the shorts