Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Yeah legitimately if you showed me an ability name half the time I wouldn't be able to tell you what it is, if you showed me an icon almost assuredly I wouldn't be able to tell you what it is, it's entirely by hotkey and bar position. For healers I use

1-5 basic healing spells (Eukrasia is 1)
Q is always panic burst heal
ERTFG attack spells
Shift hotbar is for job-specific gimmicks and per-pull cooldowns, with single-targets usually on the numbers and AOEs on the letters
Ctrl hotbar is for long cooldowns, stances, permanent buffs, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i feel like if Intemperance resolved twice as fast my static would wipe less on reclears, like all of our deaths on that fight are immediately followed by "poo poo I thought that went off sooner"

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Countblanc posted:

i feel like if Intemperance resolved twice as fast my static would wipe less on reclears, like all of our deaths on that fight are immediately followed by "poo poo I thought that went off sooner"

My callouts for intemperance are something like

"Crystal, move, raidewide, WAIT, okay that was the crystal, move, raidwide, WAIT, good job"

And

"Crystal, move, it's gonna be crystal in/out in/out crystal, it's out AFTER crystal, crystal, out, in, back to spots, good job"

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

Countblanc posted:

I wiped so many times to moving early during prog that I drilled into my brain not to move early. Haven't done it since except for one time when I twitched right before it went off and died in the drat gutter.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
One more TT NPC and it's hiding behind Blu quests. Getting closer to that that magic flying card.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

my last TT npc is the leader of the vanu daily quests

been suffering through these on/off for like a month now :negative:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

We will be implementing a hotfix to add 25 more cards.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Countblanc posted:

Between that and Fourfold, P1S feels like a fight that punishes impatience and jumpiness specifically. :v:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Meanwhile both P3S and P4S move so quickly you have no time to breath

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

I'd be fine with that, I've just been stuck because of all the content I never tried. I can see the sick allure of soloing POTD or HoH though.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

there's one achievement card i can't get until they add more cards. you can get the zenos card by getting the 344 TT cards achievement. there are 346 in the game, so 345 since zenos card can't count itself.

this means until they add more cards, you have to win most of the stupidly rare tournament cards :negative:

Kaubocks fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Feb 6, 2022

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Kyrosiris posted:

Between that and Fourfold, P1S feels like a fight that punishes impatience and jumpiness specifically. :v:

Also the in/out + left/right + color during Shining Cells :argh:.

Tamba fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Feb 6, 2022

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Kaubocks posted:

there's one achievement card i can't get until they add more cards you can get the zenos card by getting the 344 TT cards achievement. there are 346 in the game, so 345 since zenos card can't count itself.

this means until they add more cards, you have to win most of the stupidly rare tournament cards :negative:

Yeah those tournament cards suck absolute rear end. Just really seems like throwing myself at the RNG wall over and over.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Quick shout-out while I'm trying to fall asleep, but the Crystal portion of the Revival PvP community is going to be starting their weekly Rival Wings runs in about an hour from this post. People will keep queueing until the queues stop popping, so if you like the mode or have ever been interested now's the time.

The other NA data centers will also likely be doing this (I know Primal is for sure), so it's not just Crystal.

There will also be another go tomorrow at the same time, if you want more.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Anyone know how the Oceanic servers are shaking out? I was thinking about moving over, but I got spooked by an fc guy saying the queue times are really bad. Have any goons made the leap?

Emzedoh fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Feb 6, 2022

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Tonight, the Post-Launch Patches begin in the Heavensward LP

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug

:sickos:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy
just finished Stormblood. not bad! why do people hate lyse so much. she was ok

e: lol nero loving rocks

psychoJ fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Feb 6, 2022

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.

psychoJ posted:

just finished Stormblood. not bad! why do people hate lyse so much. she was ok

e: lol nero loving rocks

It's not that I hated her it's just I didn't care for her as a replacement for Yda who at the time was my favorite scion, I say replaced because even though they are the same person their personalities are so different they might as well be 2 different people.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I considered Lyse an upgrade from Yda who I could not stand at all. Standing on her own merits my thoughts on Lyse were just that she's okay. No strong feelings one way or another.

Marathanes
Jun 13, 2009
Lyse is fine but I can't stop resenting her for putting the lowest grade drain on Papalymo's aether for all those years.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

It's not that I hated her it's just I didn't care for her as a replacement for Yda who at the time was my favorite scion, I say replaced because even though they are the same person their personalities are so different they might as well be 2 different people.

Yuuuup!

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I've been to a couple nightclubs the past several weeks. They're such a fun little thing, they usually have raffles and random free giveaways, and they typically have like a gambling section, the one last night had a table set up that looked like a blackjack table with chairs set up. Some (a lot) of clubs also offer private ERP rooms which I'm sure they are making mad gil off of. And they'll have a stream set up, usually from the DJ booth's perspective, playing music for the club instead of just relying on the game music. It's all very silly and fun, and they're usually themed so you can try to dress up for the occasion if you want. One of the two we went to last night was themed around high school detention so everyone was dressed in the school outfits or something on the same theme, or were dressed up as teachers or something.

But I was extremely impressed by the second nightclub we went to. It was themed after space or the void or something, and when you go in, there's an portal (you go on to the pad and just jump) and it takes you to this GIANT club that is meant to look like it's hovering in the black void. They used third party tools apparently to set everything up, but the effect was this big night club where there was no roof and the walls kind of taper off into nothing, and several places where the floor extends out over nothingness. And you just get this really cool effect where outside of the club is the endless black void and so it ends up looking like this part of the FC house is in its own pocket dimension or something. I have pictures here but it really doesn't do it justice to how cool it looked in game.

But I was also extremely impressed by the presentation of it all. The stream they had up had just the worst godawful cursed overlay I have ever seen, but the DJ was killing it, the music was really good and the video on stream instead of having it be from the DJ's perspetive, they had it set up so they just filmed the Gpose camera where it pans around to different places. It was very effective. This was a popular club because they hit max capacity really quick, so there was a line to get in. Outside the club was a bouncer mostly stood at the door and would say "okay 1 go in. Okay 2 go in" when X number of people would leave the house. But he didn't just stand there and corral people into the house. He would shout at the people in line to start dancing and would use the cheer emote, and would just basically hype the line up so they weren't just standing there in silence and would get them pumped to party. It was very cool. There was also this group of like 6 lalafells who were going to the club together and I was absolutely delighted by them. One of them was named Big Teddy and when they were all inside the club a circle formed around them at one point and I guess Big Teddy was in the middle cause people were cheering him and shouting GET IT BIG TEDDY as he was dancing. The group of Lalafells were my favorite.

Also two pictures of our group before the first nightclub themed around the high school:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Marathanes posted:

Lyse is fine but I can't stop resenting her for putting the lowest grade drain on Papalymo's aether for all those years.

It was his stupid plan. Couldn't just find someone to do a back alley tattoo.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Send her to Sharlayan to become a real archon

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
/edit: Sorry, multiple tabs open. Nothing to see here.

Edmond Dantes fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Feb 6, 2022

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

SPent my time between work and hospital visits grinding out PotD for this weapon

Queen of the Winter Court

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

motherscratcher it happened again!

I'm going to kill Godbert

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

FuturePastNow posted:

motherscratcher it happened again!

I'm going to kill Godbert

how you gonna do that when Godbert

*puts on sunglasses*

has your number

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

I sort of agree, but the non-Alphinaud Scions in general had so little character development at that point that I found it tough to care. Having one get "replaced" wasn't much of a loss. Hell, Thancred basically becomes a different character as well.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

It's an oddly early-in-the-day update to Heavensward, where a ton of stuff happens all at once

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

See, I really don't get this. Now I'll admit it's been a while since SB, but Yda and Lyse don't seem that disconnected to me: Yda is Lyse with Papalymo to lean on, Lyse is Yda plus grief and a realisation that it's time to get serious. Character development! She's still no great shakes at magic, kinda sheltered, good at punching, earnest and well meaning. Yda and Lyse don't feel like two characters to me.

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy

SirSamVimes posted:

I considered Lyse an upgrade from Yda who I could not stand at all. Standing on her own merits my thoughts on Lyse were just that she's okay. No strong feelings one way or another.

this is where i land on lyse. she's fine

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Lyyyyyse, Lyyyyyse, she's better than bad, she's good!

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
I like Lyse, but I admit I liked Yda more. Honestly, my biggest issue with the whole Lyse situation is that for obvious reasons, they had Lyse quit being a Scion, and then she was just gone after Stormblood. I still like the character, so them effectively writing her out of the story really sucks.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

King of Solomon posted:

I like Lyse, but I admit I liked Yda more. Honestly, my biggest issue with the whole Lyse situation is that for obvious reasons, they had Lyse quit being a Scion, and then she was just gone after Stormblood. I still like the character, so them effectively writing her out of the story really sucks.

This take is still incredibly weird to me because she's gotten more screentime and push after becoming a head of state alone than she ever did as Yda. And that's not counting all the time as the starring NPC if a while expac. Seriously Yda barely was a thing in the one expac she existed in even compared to the 2.0 era scion writing.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

This take is still incredibly weird to me because she's gotten more screentime and push after becoming a head of state alone than she ever did as Yda. And that's not counting all the time as the starring NPC if a while expac. Seriously Yda barely was a thing in the one expac she existed in even compared to the 2.0 era scion writing.

I mean, sure, she barely existed as Yda, but I think existing for ten minutes for the entirety of Endwalker still sucks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

King of Solomon posted:

I mean, sure, she barely existed as Yda, but I think existing for ten minutes for the entirety of Endwalker still sucks!

She got a whole gently caress expac and patch cycles! It's fine for a character to fall out of the spot light! She shows up as much as all the other city state leaders now, IE Consistently.

I just don't think it's that much different existing in small bursts (Like helping as part of the vanguard in the early parts of EW) than barely existing at all like in ARR. And if oyu liked her so much in the latter you're still getting that if not more than that.