Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

Bilirubin posted:

and most of the provincial governments are treating this like its droplet born, not aerosolized. Its infuriating

bc if they acknowledge that they need to start enforcing the health & safety rules that existed for those dangers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

A Russian troll farm posted:

pretty homophobic that they want to end all man dates

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888

Oxyclean posted:

Can someone make this make even a little bit of sense for me?

Like, they didn't have permits to protest in the first place, right? So why the gently caress do they get a supply camp? Who owns the space they're using for the encampment?

I get it if the cops literally cannot disrupt the protest itself from lacking the machinery to haul the trucks out of the core, but it seems like a bare minimum effort to disrupt the protest by cutting off supplies?

Gonna be so pissed of people fall for "this is why the cops need more funding" bullshit.

It makes zero sense. They "negotiated" a place for them to go so that they "wouldn't see the issues we're seeing right now downtown". That's literally what the police said.

I would like to know who exactly they were "negotiating" with.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
https://twitter.com/doubleemmartin/status/1490377500890906637?s=21

the anarchists are doing it again, where’s xtal to tell us this guy is a hero

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
i read an article a while ago now that said research has discovered the one thing terrorists have in common no matter their ideology (the article was specifically comparing alt-right and Islamic terrorists) was that they were abusive to women, so that's something

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Maybe it was a mistake to expect a timely response from a man named rock slowly

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

Sloly said at one point he also want to know ‘when covid will end’

he let this happen lmao. and now it went too far so they are going out and saying they will ticket and oh look the convoy are clearing out the park and downtown to the baseball field. didn’t they say they didn’t have the resources? suddenly when the crowd has surged, no problem.

these people weren’t here to start an insurrection lol, like Jan 6 they did it because they thought it was okay with authorities, but unlike Jan 6 I think they were right about that

it's an autogolpe

or truckgolpe

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

gently caress COREY PERRY posted:

good post, thanks for it

No problemo. an effortpost a day keep the convoy away

Ansar Santa has issued a correction as of 20:13 on Feb 6, 2022

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

vyelkin posted:

i read an article a while ago now that said research has discovered the one thing terrorists have in common no matter their ideology (the article was specifically comparing alt-right and Islamic terrorists) was that they were abusive to women, so that's something

It is fundamental to any ideology posited on the rightness of hierarchy that the weaker will be abused, and in fact deserve it

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
bump

Futanari Damacy has issued a correction as of 14:02 on Oct 29, 2022

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

more blatant appropriation by the fascists
https://twitter.com/CarymaRules/status/1490026415059783688

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Smudge Light

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

the countries biggest gathering of assholes

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

RBC posted:

the countries biggest gathering of assholes

i mean, it's ottawa, it stands to reason

e: although i'm pretty sure the stampede has a higher turnout most years

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Futanari Damacy posted:

Caught sockpuppeting a conversation between himself and one of his alts. Presumably, he died of embarrassment. I'll remind him of this if he comes back

no even funnier, PMing death threats to a mod over a 6er lol

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

i want to see a photo of that guy so bad lol

hes got to be such a ween

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Futanari Damacy posted:

Caught sockpuppeting a conversation between himself and one of his alts. Presumably, he died of embarrassment. I'll remind him of this if he comes back

nah even zapplez will show back up occasionally

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

yellowcar posted:

honestly if someone doesn't do that now i wonder if something is really wrong

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

yellowcar posted:

to be fair it wasn't death threats, he just told me to kill myself

ARACHTION
Mar 10, 2012

That my respecting police, Canada day flag waving, lib to the core mom has said she was proud of us to block the convoy yesterday in Van instead of being extremely disappointed for chancing arrest is a sign to me that the convoy has lost all support from any “normie” in the country.

The 2020 Summer uprising had the libs in my life go from: “police are neutral and good”->”policing is systematically racist”. Now this Ottawa thing from: “policing is systematically racist” -> “there exists large segments of police forces nationwide who are at best neo-Nazi sympathizers”.

The media coverage and optics for antifascist direct action are like the best they’ve ever been. If we want to beat the right, this is exactly the moment where all of us should be linking up with whatever is happening in our cities and getting as many sympathetic friends out with us as possible.

In Van, with limited numbers but reasonably good coordination (for something formed last minute) and mobility, we were able to divert, but not stop entrance into the city. Communication broke down between the 2nd and 3rd blockade and they got through in drips and drops. I don’t think it would take much more than a couple hundred more to actually keep them out of the downtown core.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

someone made a Lego diorama of our roadblock in Vancouver yesterday stopping the semis lol

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
https://twitter.com/matttomic/status/1489316273125302280

ARACHTION
Mar 10, 2012

I actually love hearing just the names of local legends and trying to guess what’s up. Bet they have nothing on Roller Girl tho.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

where’s The Shopper and Dart Guy?

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
bump

Futanari Damacy has issued a correction as of 14:02 on Oct 29, 2022

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Zanta erasure

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Oxyclean posted:

Can someone make this make even a little bit of sense for me?

Like, they didn't have permits to protest in the first place, right? So why the gently caress do they get a supply camp? Who owns the space they're using for the encampment?

I get it if the cops literally cannot disrupt the protest itself from lacking the machinery to haul the trucks out of the core, but it seems like a bare minimum effort to disrupt the protest by cutting off supplies?

Gonna be so pissed of people fall for "this is why the cops need more funding" bullshit.

the police are on the protestors' side and want to both get a funding boost and help them with their goals. that is the only explanation and any wa wa about Resources, Jurisdiction, Capacity, or Fuckin' Whatever just clouds what's happening

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

He's the last one to join and needs to be convinced to get out of retirement

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
he has only one demand. rescind the restraining order keeping him from the downtown core

we will save queens park, but at what cost?

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

https://twitter.com/TiMunoz/status/1490473045965815812

:allbuttons:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
very cool, just legitimate protest, definitely not attempted murder, no need for the police to do anything

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

https://twitter.com/judyatrinh/stat...umber%3D274pti9

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmtxEOgq3g0

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

vyelkin posted:

very cool, just legitimate protest, definitely not attempted murder, no need for the police to do anything

https://twitter.com/Jim_Elves/status/1490484017816391683

Nice work Jim!

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
oh its okay everybody, Jim's on the case

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
just say your surry

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

cool. Ottawa police arson unit. how long until we find out they’re all firebugs

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

lmao

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

My company once had a work outing at a vancouver canadians game. The "box seats" at Nat Bailey stadium were a picnic area along the first baseline and three people got beaned with foul balls.

I hope they've put netting up since. It's dangerous enough sitting along the baseline when you're actually watching the game, nevermind in a group of office workers with generally no interest in baseball who are just there for the open bar.

It was a good experience though!

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/TPSOperations/status/1490381536532832259

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

anal first