Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
I suspect that plot thread will pop up again at some point this season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

JAMOOOL posted:

I suspect that plot thread will pop up again at some point this season

Yeah, I know it will, it's just strange to me that there's been even one episode (other than the flashback) that wasn't all about the 3 dead people.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
we had to deal with more important things, like kelvin's yoke squad

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Yeah, I know it will, it's just strange to me that there's been even one episode (other than the flashback) that wasn't all about the 3 dead people.

The fact that everyone immediately and permanently forgot about the corpses when they found out their father might be (gasp!) dating again is the most Gemstone thing possible.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

i think it would have been weird if they talked about the corpses in the flashback episode, not to mention anachronistic.

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:

look you gotta understand something about HBO shows they tend to just stack up as many predicaments as possible upon the main character before wrapping anything up

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

JAMOOOL posted:

look you gotta understand something about HBO shows they tend to just stack up as many predicaments as possible upon the main character before wrapping anything up

...is that a thing HBO is exclusively known for doing though?

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I just binged through all of this and it is very good.

Is younger Eli CGI or just heavy on makeup and prosthetics? It looks off and in the uncanny valley but I can’t pinpoint why.

Dan
Nov 26, 2002

Victim of reality

George H.W. oval office posted:

Is younger Eli CGI or just heavy on makeup and prosthetics? It looks off and in the uncanny valley but I can’t pinpoint why.

Whatever the effects, it's probably going to seem uncanny to anyone that remembers what John Goodman actually looked like 30 years ago.

AJA
Mar 28, 2015

Dan posted:

Whatever the effects, it's probably going to seem uncanny to anyone that remembers what John Goodman actually looked like 30 years ago.

[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=616-QGQyx-I

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

Dan posted:

My girlfriend and I were floored by how good it was. The poster up thread that said it looked like a thinner version of him from Roseanne was dead on and I bet they were correct in assuming that’s what they trained the de-aging AI with.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

True Stories is really good. Everyone should check it out.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

George H.W. oval office posted:

I just binged through all of this and it is very good.

Mostly makeup and only showing his face and hands, after that and lighting it's not hard to subtract 30 years

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Holy poo poo.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Lmao Kelvin's life is slowly turning into an episode of Hannibal as he keeps brooding gayly in his decadent bedroom all the time

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Mameluke posted:

Lmao Kelvin's life is slowly turning into an episode of Hannibal as he keeps brooding gayly in his decadent bedroom all the time

When he was dressing him I was howling with laughter

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

i love amber getting a chance to also be a psycho

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?
Righteous Gemstones season 2 following plot of The Godfather pretty well so far.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

they actually did it lol

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I don't think that Eli's dead, though if John Goodman wanted a break from the show, this'd be it.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Wow what an episode ending.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
holy poo poo

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

I don't think that Eli's dead

i think by TV standards that's pretty dead but yeah no one's ever all dead until someone actually confirms it

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I'm just assuming that Eric Andre is behind that.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Sash! posted:

I'm just assuming that Eric Andre is behind that.

Yeah, he definitely wants Eli out of the way to scam money out of his dumbass son. I'm still undecided on if he had anything to do with the cabin murders or if that's a separate thing though.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Only part way through, but I’m so curious as to who Judy is signing 8x10s with ‘stay horny 8===D’.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

I think the Lissons killed Jason Schwartzman. And did the other violence too, but definitely Jason Schwartzman. They knew he'd come their way eventually and hit pay dirt, so they decided to take him out ahead of time.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
The preview for the next episode leaves Eli's fate unclear. Guess we will have to tune in next week.

MACAW.AVI
Dec 1, 2013
Assuming they’re planning for this to be another 9-episode session, that’s a lot to resolve with just 3 episodes left.

Coxswain Balls posted:

Yeah, he definitely wants Eli out of the way to scam money out of his dumbass son. I'm still undecided on if he had anything to do with the cabin murders or if that's a separate thing though.

My money’s on “separate thing”, but I don’t have any solid theory on who’s behind it.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

MACAW.AVI posted:

My money’s on “separate thing”, but I don’t have any solid theory on who’s behind it.

the HOA that doesn’t allow airbnb

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Shorter ep, but so much story is told by people‘s trashy throw pillows.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

MACAW.AVI posted:

Assuming they’re planning for this to be another 9-episode session, that’s a lot to resolve with just 3 episodes left.

It seems like there are a couple things that went down there but it does kind of feel like the Cycle Ninjas were probably involved

I do wonder if they were after Eli for some unrelated shadiness from his past but I think if they were going for that there would have been more hints in the flashback. Lisson definitely seems like the frontrunner, he's the best fit for motive + resources + theatricality to assemble a coordinated neon biker hit squad.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Neon biker hit squad, wants to kill Eli and Jesse...Kelvin!*

*Not really

Also zero percent chance Eli is dead. It didn't even cross my mind as a possibility until I looked at this thread.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

yeah preview for next week was deliberately ambiguous but gave me the impression he's probably alive but in critical condition. Amber talking about doing a hash tag for him and the general tone of the scenes seem a little light to make sense if he's dead.

meeler09
May 24, 2007

Devlan Mud posted:

Righteous Gemstones season 2 following plot of The Godfather pretty well so far.

Really get this vibe too

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
I'd let Cassidy Freeman kill me

pr0p
Dec 8, 2011
Every time they do the cross I expect it to crush/horrifically injure someone.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

SpaceAceJase posted:

I'd let Cassidy Freeman kill me

she is so loving hot its insane huhuahh

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Whole church is sucking by wife’s dick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003