Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

hazardousmouse posted:

You can probably learn even more about what not to do from Hien's leadership. She's learning eaither way!

Also Yda and Papa's dynamic loving sucked

Hien during the bit Lyse was there for was a fine war time and liberation leader, which is what she needed to learn at the time.

Hien just looks worse because of later stuff, in the .0 storyline he’s fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

In summation lemme get the heads of Eorzean states as trust allies, please and thanks to Square or whatever.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Oh hell yes, Merlwyb trust :dance:

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

theironjef posted:

In summation lemme get the heads of Eorzean states as trust allies, please and thanks to Square or whatever.

Kan-E-Senna is a melee healer and all her attacks cause Heavy.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
Post-EW spoilers I know our Azem stone is out of creation juice but I'm imagining Emet-Selch becoming a permanent trust member; he doesn't get any dungeon specific lines, he just constantly complains that not even death can save him from Azem's antics as you repeatedly summon him back in.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Started leveling black mage… I’m excited for the experience of seeing the job change every ten levels or whatever lol

Honestly after leveling a few other jobs I think I prefer jobs like BLM or RPR that change moderately to radically with successive expansions to jobs like MNK or SMN that basically finish their kit by 60 or 70 and then just get graphical upgrades or like one extra button. It's kind of novel to wind up in a low level trial or raid and see if I can top the enmity list with the super basic version of my rotation sometimes.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I can't handle having my rotation truncated, really messes with my button press memorization

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

hazardousmouse posted:

I can't handle having my rotation truncated, really messes with my button press memorization

"Action not yet learned" is the single worst phrase in the game by far. I wish there was a button to just hide the ones you don't have instead of greying them out because I find that effect too subtle to be useful when doing quick glances.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I cannot express the disappointment that first time in synch that you try to cast verholy or verflare and there's just a normal spell there

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

new acceleration means red mage is basically unplayable under 90

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Vitamean posted:

new acceleration means red mage is basically unplayable under 90

It's beyond belief that Red Mage was one of the cleanest jobs in ShB and EW somehow made it feel even cleaner

troofs
Feb 28, 2011

The better Manning.

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

ffs they really need to buff everything in Bozja so people can actually do the storyline, because the only thing worse than that experience was reading all the loving "LFG Z3" messages while doing so.

I'm at the same step and I'm also stuck. I've tried it 3 times now and timed out on the final boss all three times. Even if they just cut the health (or crank up the echo for small parties) on the last two bosses it would help dramatically, they're extremely fat stacks of HP for 6-12 people, which is the average attempt size these days, and if anybody dies you lose a ton of time.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I never got out of zone 2 in Zadnor. I popped in there after EW launched to try to level RPR a little and it was loving impossible to do anything. I swear in like the 30 minutes I was there only one FATE spawned in the zones I had access to.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

A couple weeks ago I had a pretty easy time finding a group farming Z1 that got me enough mettle to make it to Z3, dunno if that's still the case but it didn't take too long and I was leveling an alt job anyway.

troofs
Feb 28, 2011

The better Manning.
I've seen the odd group running the other zones but it's usually a lot less people. I did z2 for several hours this weekend but it was only one group of 8 people.

That said all they really need to do is just add XP to the final raids (of both zadnor and bozja) and even out the XP of the fates in the different areas so that you can just do fates anywhere without hurting your efficiency, but people have been saying that for a while now and they haven't done it yet. Hopefully sometime soon.

derra
Dec 29, 2012
I mean, my very first kill was 7 people and it seemed fine, just because there weren't enough rank 25's at the time to fill a full party. I'ts not like we had Rays or knew what we were doing. Are people not using essences or something?

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

I managed to just get it now with a group of 9, so I guess it depends on how many people with honors/essences you get. And I guess the first attempt failed cause we wasted a lot of time at the beggining.

still buff this shitto, you should be incentivized to do it, it's not like Bozja has so many players you'd lock out people from the raids now.

Also I guess I'll take easy the last step, I can get some from roulettes if I get 70 dungeons and it's not like I'm hurrying for the relic, the SB one will be when I ever want to do Eureka and hahahaha im never finishing ARR as long as books exist.

GiantRockFromSpace fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Feb 7, 2022

troofs
Feb 28, 2011

The better Manning.

derra posted:

I mean, my very first kill was 7 people and it seemed fine, just because there weren't enough rank 25's at the time to fill a full party. I'ts not like we had Rays or knew what we were doing. Are people not using essences or something?

This is kind of funny because two of my failed runs were with 6 people. Both runs died to time on the final boss with less than 25% HP remaining, so maybe that last person really matters...

My other run was 12 people but that included 8 people who had never done it before(including me at the time), so it took forever for us to get through the hallways because people had no idea what to do and kept messing up the electric floor and callouts.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Ferrinus posted:

Honestly after leveling a few other jobs I think I prefer jobs like BLM or RPR that change moderately to radically with successive expansions to jobs like MNK or SMN that basically finish their kit by 60 or 70 and then just get graphical upgrades or like one extra button. It's kind of novel to wind up in a low level trial or raid and see if I can top the enmity list with the super basic version of my rotation sometimes.

Having different rotations for different dungeons is too much of a demand on my bars. I think it's a cool class in general but it makes 5678 a hassle and ldr a nightmare.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
This has me curious to try Dalriada and CLL now. I always thought it was a blast when I could get in them with just a few other people during ShB when we'd run around the instance with like 300k HP, so now I'm curious to see how it feels with the stat squish.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

iPodschun posted:

This has me curious to try Dalriada and CLL now. I always thought it was a blast when I could get in them with just a few other people during ShB when we'd run around the instance with like 300k HP, so now I'm curious to see how it feels with the stat squish.

basically the same, i did CLL with three people after the squish and it was fine

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

got 80 sage :toot: now i just need to decide if i want to start the EW MSQ as that or go unlock/level reaper, or something else

I mostly enjoy Sage but doing it in tougher dungeons so far has given me no small amount of anxiety lol. possibly from winging it; i've yet to look up a Sage 101 doc or video and I think I need one

Fiye
Nov 23, 2021

No one can hide anything from me.
Your heart is in plain sight to me.

iPodschun posted:

I should try doing Dalriada w/ WHM. Cleric Strike + Chain Spell and the new thin air should make for some amazing memes.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Ciaphas posted:

got 80 sage :toot: now i just need to decide if i want to start the EW MSQ as that or go unlock/level reaper, or something else

I mostly enjoy Sage but doing it in tougher dungeons so far has given me no small amount of anxiety lol. possibly from winging it; i've yet to look up a Sage 101 doc or video and I think I need one

For what it's worth, I have every healer at 90, and even now, Sage feels like I'm constantly flying by the seat of my pants.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

This is probably impossible but I dream of the day I am casting an AOE spell and even though the guy I'm targeting dies in the middle of the cast, it still goes off in the area where that guy was.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Ciaphas posted:

Post-80 content's relatively straightforwards. After preshielding, start each pull with one of either Panhaima or Haima - you can generally rotate between them without issue at the average dungeon pace, though you should hold them if the pull is relatively small ala the first pull after the first boss in the 81 dungeon - and Kerachole. When Kerachole's worn off, do Physis + Taurochole on the tank; you can hold the Taurochole until the tank's taken some damage, but you generally want to use it within 10s of Physis to make it benefit from the short duration healing potency buff Physis gives. When Taurochole's worn off, hit Kerachole again, and the pack should be dead by that point. Use Druocholes, Soteria, and Zoe'd E.Diagnosis as necessary to deal with rough patches, especially if the tank's using mitigation poorly. Once you get Krasis, pop it before the initial Panhaima/Haima to give them a significant boost.

For bosses, AoE damage is generally best dealt with by Kerachole and Physis, with Ixochole only being used when necessary to deal with Vulned players. Kerachole's damage reduction component will outstrip the single tick of healing you lose on the overwhelming majority of AoE situations if you cast it about halfway through the raidwide cast, which is fairly easy to do with 1.5s Dosis. Tankbusters are usually best patched up with Taurochole/Druochole instead of trying to shield them with E.Diagnosis. If Kerachole is down before a raidwide, you can hit Holos beforehand instead.

There's a couple rough patches, especially in the 81 dungeon. Personal recommendation for it is that, when you get to the final two pulls, you should try and tackle the first one with short cooldowns and save Panhaima/Haima. What's worked for me has been Soteria + Kerachole, followed up by Physis + Taurochole, Zoe'd E.Diagnosis (if necessary), and Druocholes to fill the gaps. You might need to stop and slam out a raw E.Diagnosis, but I personally find the small DPS loss to be a favorable trade for making the final hell pull a lot smoother, since you'll have Panhaima/Haima to rotate through and will likely have Soteria/Zoe ready again by the time everything else has been burned.

(Also, small addendum: depending on how psycho you are with your DPSing, you may want to preshield yourself along with the tank during pulls, since Kardia will unavoidably nab aggro before the tank has a chance to AoE if you're running alongside the pull putting out E.Dosis or Eukrasia.)

Vermain fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Feb 8, 2022

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Vermain posted:

Post-80 content's relatively straightforwards. After preshielding, start each pull with one of either Panhaima or Haima - you can generally rotate between them without issue at the average dungeon pace, though you should hold them if the pull is relatively small ala the first pull after the first boss in the 81 dungeon - and Kerachole. When Kerachole's worn off, do Physis + Taurochole on the tank; you can hold the Taurochole until the tank's taken some damage, but you generally want to use it within 10s of Physis to make it benefit from the short duration healing potency buff Physis gives. When Taurochole's worn off, hit Kerachole again, and the pack should be dead by that point. Use Druocholes, Soteria, and Zoe'd E.Diagnosis as necessary to deal with rough patches, especially if the tank's using mitigation poorly. Once you get Krasis, pop it before the initial Panhaima/Haima to give them a significant boost.

For bosses, AoE damage is generally best dealt with by Kerachole and Physis, with Ixochole only being used when necessary to deal with Vulned players. Kerachole's damage reduction component will outstrip the single tick of healing you lose on the overwhelming majority of AoE situations if you cast it about halfway through the raidwide cast, which is fairly easy to do with 1.5s Dosis. Tankbusters are usually best patched up with Taurochole/Druochole instead of trying to shield them with E.Diagnosis. If Kerachole is down before a raidwide, you can hit Holos beforehand instead.

There's a couple rough patches, especially in the 81 dungeon. Personal recommendation for it is that, when you get to the final two pulls, you should try and tackle the first one with short cooldowns and save Panhaima/Haima. What's worked for me has been Soteria + Kerachole, followed up by Physis + Taurochole, Zoe'd E.Diagnosis (if necessary), and Druocholes to fill the gaps. You might need to stop and slam out a raw E.Diagnosis, but I personally find the small DPS loss to be a favorable trade for making the final hell pull a lot smoother, since you'll have Panhaima/Haima to rotate through and will likely have Soteria/Zoe ready again by the time everything else has been burned.

Haima and Painhaima are affected by Physis (and Krasis), so are a better choice than Taurachole for getting the boost.

In general, remember you can dump 45s of 10% mitigation into the tank with Kera, Taura, Kera. Alternate them because they don't stack. That length should cover most pulls. Holos is good whenever. (pan)haima are your strongest buttons, so give them the boosts when you can. Druchole is your last resort button for stacks. Kerachole and Taurachole are much better uses of it when you can help it.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Haima and Painhaima are affected by Physis (and Krasis), so are a better choice than Taurachole for getting the boost.

Haima and Panhaima are also generally used at the same time tanks are popping their big mitigation tools, however, so I usually prefer to combo Physis/Taurachole to make the small mitigation portion of the pull easier to manage without having to pump out as many Druocholes.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Fiye posted:

I should try doing Dalriada w/ WHM. Cleric Strike + Chain Spell and the new thin air should make for some amazing memes.
I used to run this in ShB with Profane essence for Delubrum speed runs. There are many times that I panicked because the opener would burst high enough that I would grab aggro from the tank, so I was sitting there hoping a healer would notice and give me some heals while the tank caught up

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Vermain posted:

Haima and Panhaima are also generally used at the same time tanks are popping their big mitigation tools, however, so I usually prefer to combo Physis/Taurachole to make the small mitigation portion of the pull easier to manage without having to pump out as many Druocholes.

Even more reason to use Physis / Haima at the same time. Shields and DR mitigation stack great together.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Even more reason to use Physis / Haima at the same time. Shields and DR mitigation stack great together.

My thinking is that you'd get much less value out of Physis' HoT component if the boost to Haima/Panhaima and Kerachole causes significant overhealing, since the tank'll likely be regening way more than is needed at that point in time compared to post-Haima/Panhaim.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i trust in momo for healing how to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPjdwUgwncI

Fiye
Nov 23, 2021

No one can hide anything from me.
Your heart is in plain sight to me.

iPodschun posted:

I used to run this in ShB with Profane essence for Delubrum speed runs. There are many times that I panicked because the opener would burst high enough that I would grab aggro from the tank, so I was sitting there hoping a healer would notice and give me some heals while the tank caught up

Yeah i've gotten killed by this more than a handful of times. In my last run of DR(N) for the relic I turned the trinity avowed TB back onto the party because I was full of salt and rage after having to do enough runs to get timeworns for all 17 relics. I was halfway through when the nerf hit.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
rag tag thrown together at the last minute (aka week two) mostly tpt static just cleared p3s. It was sloppy as gently caress, but the bird is dead.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Mr. Nice! posted:

rag tag thrown together at the last minute (aka week two) mostly tpt static just cleared p3s. It was sloppy as gently caress, but the bird is dead.

Grats!

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Bad news everyone! The Heavensward LP thread has a new update!

Why is that bad news Professor?

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Boy, you gotta carry that weight
Carry that weight a long time

Mr. Nice! posted:

dgkk sends their best to sub for tpt statics

for real though - that was 1 gcd away from enrage on our second pull of the night, i'm flabbergasted.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Vermain posted:

(Also, small addendum: depending on how psycho you are with your DPSing, you may want to preshield yourself along with the tank during pulls, since Kardia will unavoidably nab aggro before the tank has a chance to AoE if you're running alongside the pull putting out E.Dosis or Eukrasia.)

And that's a good thing, because not only do you get an extra Toxikon cast (stronger than the regular AoE), it's also damage that does not go to the tank and does not need to be healed (if they get the mobs off you eventually)

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Won the raid boots today, which means I am 1 acc upgrade and 1 armour upgrade away from BIS. 599 ilvl feels good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

oops I unlocked reaper and now i don't want to play sage thru EW as much anymore

back to the 70-80 treadmill :shepface: