Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Koth
Jul 1, 2005

queeb posted:

gonna go paladin. how fuckin terrible is it gonna feel to solo?

Everything I've read said it's just a bit slower than dps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
Regarding reserving character names- I assume you can make a character starting 9AM PST on Tues?

The thing that's making me curious though is, when you buy the founders pack from Amazon, they seem to imply that the founders pack goes active tomorrow, MONDAY at 9AM PST. What's that about?

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Like an arrow, I was only passing through.
Is it released on GMT? Most amazon stuff is.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Taima posted:

Regarding reserving character names- I assume you can make a character starting 9AM PST on Tues?

The thing that's making me curious though is, when you buy the founders pack from Amazon, they seem to imply that the founders pack goes active tomorrow, MONDAY at 9AM PST. What's that about?

They are sending the steam codes out tomorrow. That’s what the email I got said.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

Ok thanks man. You're answering all my questions ^_^ a true fount of knowledge

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

Preload is 9am pst tomorrow and then game goes live 9am pst on Tuesday. The going assumption is you can launch the game like most mmo pre loads and sit on an empty server screen. Hopefully it lets you change video settings and other system, stuff without just closing the client if no servers are up.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Like an arrow, I was only passing through.
I was deciding what I want to play so I checked out the videos on the official site got as far as Warrior-> Berserker -> Berserk Fury and thought "I guess I'm playing a Berserker."

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
So how bad was the lag for Australian players during the beta?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Raged posted:

So how bad was the lag for Australian players during the beta?

I didn't get very far but it felt..fine I guess? It sucks rear end there's nothing for SEA/OCE though.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

kirbysuperstar posted:

I didn't get very far but it felt..fine I guess? It sucks rear end there's nothing for SEA/OCE though.

yea that’s a bummer.

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
hype is reaching maximum levels! :woop:

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

still dunno what class to play

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

queeb posted:

still dunno what class to play

When I’m doubt Paladin.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Yeah if you're hesitant about Paladin because you're worried about leveling, it doesn't seem like that'll be too much of a problem. Paladin has a DPS build and while you won't do as much damage as a pure DPS, from what I've seen it's perfectly fine for leveling and solo endgame stuff like Chaos Dungeons.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

who is ready to freakin preload!!!!

Khorne
May 1, 2002
Can't decide between gold, gold+plat, or not playing at all. :getin:

if I do play, definitely going blue warlord. gunlancer is a stupid name that I refuse to acknowledge much like scrapper.

Harrow posted:

Yeah if you're hesitant about Paladin because you're worried about leveling, it doesn't seem like that'll be too much of a problem. Paladin has a DPS build and while you won't do as much damage as a pure DPS, from what I've seen it's perfectly fine for leveling and solo endgame stuff like Chaos Dungeons.
Leveling is super easy on both bard & paladin. Solo endgame daily stuff takes a bit longer but it's not tedious or time consuming.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Feb 7, 2022

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

I may go scrapper or zerker instead! Both look hella fun, and that berzerker mayhem build looks insanely dope.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

God I'm hype for a new MMO that isn't dog poo poo like new world was.

Will be nice to not have to deal with a cataclysmic drama shitstorm too

Pryce
May 21, 2011

The Shortest Path posted:

Will be nice to not have to deal with a cataclysmic drama shitstorm too

You're talking about Goons and a guild system that limits (initially) membership to 30 players. There will absolutely be drama shitstorms.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
Selling guild slots for USD on Discord.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
As a sucker for peer pressure I am considering playing this game. Thinking of the MMOs I've played, I have a consistent preference: between powertech in SWTOR and Demon Hunter in WOW, we're talking very mobile classes with a satisfying opener (i love that crunch of first contact). From my 8 minutes of research, it seems that I should pick something like scrapper,beserker or shadowhunter. Would that be accurate?

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Pryce posted:

You're talking about Goons and a guild system that limits (initially) membership to 30 players. There will absolutely be drama shitstorms.

Sure but that's peanuts compared to the guild leader taking everyone's poo poo and booting over a hundred people from the guild because they were mad he wouldn't kick his racist pedophile friend who said slurs a lot. I'm sure that won't happen again for a third(?) time.

E: and I don't mean that sarcastically either, people running the show here actually seem to be pretty chill.

Fajita Queen fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Feb 7, 2022

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Going to pick up a plat founders pack today and get ready to warlord gunlance my way through some monsters and demons and poo poo.

Regulus is the chosen US east coast server, right?

Mjolnerd
Jan 28, 2006

Smellrose

Mat Cauthon posted:

Going to pick up a plat founders pack today and get ready to warlord gunlance my way through some monsters and demons and poo poo.

Regulus is the chosen US east coast server, right?

Regulus East
Mari West

Mjolnerd
Jan 28, 2006

Smellrose

joepinetree posted:

As a sucker for peer pressure I am considering playing this game. Thinking of the MMOs I've played, I have a consistent preference: between powertech in SWTOR and Demon Hunter in WOW, we're talking very mobile classes with a satisfying opener (i love that crunch of first contact). From my 8 minutes of research, it seems that I should pick something like scrapper,beserker or shadowhunter. Would that be accurate?

Scrapper is probably the most mobile and all of the attacks feel like they have weight to them. Berserker is a little slower, but hits like an even bigger truck. Shadowhunter transforms into a demon. All three are very fun, and you should try all of them.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Pragmatica posted:

hype is reaching maximum levels! :woop:

23 hours to go! :woop:

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

joepinetree posted:

I watched this video this morning and think it provides the best overview of all the classes. It doesn’t get into skills or builds or anything just basic play styles and potential positives and negatives for each class.

https://youtu.be/cpn6_CYsTrE

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I'm sure everyone who wanted to be in the discord is already in there but if not come join us for the hype train!

https://discord.gg/7hRRc4kpmx

23 hours left.

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003

I said come in! posted:

23 hours to go! :woop:

woooooooo!

:3:

Pryce posted:

US-East has an army of friendly people who are helping out with invites as well as starting up more guilds as needed, all being handled via Discord. Right now, there are plans for 3 guilds (and more will be made as needed) and instructions for mains only, and how that is going to be tracked. So... drama will really dumb if people are mad about not getting a guild invite in a situation were we know guilds are limited and having been planning for weeks now. :lmao:

So... if people want an invite and information, you will have to join the Discord that is linked above by MarcusSA if you plan on playing with the large US-East group.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Well, I waited to the last minute to see how Amazon was going to gently caress this up and they haven't (so far) so I went ahead and bought the computer game

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

So far the biggest drama I've seen is they advertised platinum packs being buyable for channel points on twitch so people immediately hit up those channels and started gifting subs and throwing bits at them. They very quickly had to walk that back and say the packs are a limited giveaway. You'll be able to get pets and stuff for watching the twitch channels this week.

Names are also apparently an issue. They're fairly restrictive at 16 characters with no spaces, extra capitalization or special characters. When you delete a character, their name isn't immediately freed up for use, you'll have to go through a process to release it which won't be in the game at launch. So if you are really attached to a name, get in early and slam that random appearance button, then pay $10 or whatever to fix your appearance later.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler
Seems like every class in this game is awesome in its own way. Gunlancer, Scrapper, Soulfist, Paladin and Artillerist all look really enjoyable. I really want to try Deadeye but a ranged attacker that needs to attack from the rear for most of its damage sounds pretty punishing.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler
Just add xxx to the end of the name you want if it is taken.

--Sephirothxxx

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

bagrada posted:

So far the biggest drama I've seen is they advertised platinum packs being buyable for channel points on twitch so people immediately hit up those channels and started gifting subs and throwing bits at them. They very quickly had to walk that back and say the packs are a limited giveaway. You'll be able to get pets and stuff for watching the twitch channels this week.

Names are also apparently an issue. They're fairly restrictive at 16 characters with no spaces, extra capitalization or special characters. When you delete a character, their name isn't immediately freed up for use, you'll have to go through a process to release it which won't be in the game at launch. So if you are really attached to a name, get in early and slam that random appearance button, then pay $10 or whatever to fix your appearance later.

Yeah I'd heard about the names, that's not too big a deal to me. I can live without the Uther or Anduin or whatever scramble from the thousands of people rolling paladins.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

What is the best value in terms of packs? I read somewhere that the costume you get from them is one time only or some poo poo? Does that make the large packs not particularly good?

Though class wise I just checked on this in the beta and I'm surprised summoner is gone, but happy sorceress is here, cause that's much more my style and what I'll probably play, the other choice being dbz fighter.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Here are the upcoming Twitch drops that go live on February 11th

My Twitch channel is a partner content creator with Amazon Game Studios and will have these enabled. https://twitch.tv/omgitsbees

Follow your fellow goons if you would like something smaller and more chill than the big time creators that will abandon the game by next week anyways for Horizon Forbidden West, and Elden Ring. Also be sure to follow our fellow SA admin, Pragmatica https://twitch.tv/pragmatica

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
I joined the discord but I’m going into this game as free to play so I won’t be on the headstart. It looks cool and interesting but I never got into isometric RPGs all that much and haven’t touched an MMO in years.

If it ends up really hooking me I’ll probably get way more involved on the discord because everyone seems pretty chill and excited for this game!

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

Eimi posted:

What is the best value in terms of packs? I read somewhere that the costume you get from them is one time only or some poo poo? Does that make the large packs not particularly good?

Though class wise I just checked on this in the beta and I'm surprised summoner is gone, but happy sorceress is here, cause that's much more my style and what I'll probably play, the other choice being dbz fighter.

The skins are indeed one time use.

$15 for the bronze one is a good deal since playing early is kinda the best thing in the packs imo.

$50 for the gold one is good if you want paid currency because you get $40 of currency, meaning 80% of the price of the pack is already refunded before you get into the other poo poo.

Platinum refunds 70% of the price in premium currency but gives you a mount (that I think looks bad, personally) and a train for your base... and the platinum skin but only for one character, along with some good ancillary stuff like affinity bonuses, gold, etc.

I do find it pretty funny that they literally give you a train for buying the platinum pack, a little on the nose if you ask me but good times.

It really just depends. If you just want to play early the bronze is good, if you want a good return on premium currency the gold is good, and if you want all the special cosmetics (and some other bonuses) get the platinum.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Taima posted:

$15 for the bronze one is a good deal since playing early is kinda the best thing in the packs imo.

$50 for the gold one is good if you want paid currency because you get $40 of currency, meaning 80% of the price of the pack is already refunded before you get into the other poo poo.

Platinum refunds 70% of the price in premium currency but gives you a mount (that I think looks bad, personally) and a train for your base... and the platinum skin but only for one character, along with some good ancillary stuff like affinity bonuses, gold, etc.

I do find it pretty funny that they literally give you a train for buying the platinum pack, a little on the nose if you ask me but good times.

It really just depends. If you just want to play early the bronze is good, if you want a good return on premium currency the gold is good, and if you want all the special cosmetics (and some other bonuses) get the platinum.

Or just buy all the packs, because nearly everything stacks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Taima posted:

I see, thanks! I'll probably go with the gold then. If I got all the skins I'd go for platinum but one time only is kind of lame.