Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
it started off as a joke that the clippers were trying to re-create the 2019 raptors but they now have 3 members of the championship roster and counting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Azathoth posted:

hard to see why he would. CJ isn't bouncing back and is now officially on the wrong side of thirty. they've got no cap space or draft picks to trade to improve. they're at best gonna be competing for a play in spot and that's if dame can somehow go all supersaiyan in the second half.

that was a joke

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Shear Modulus posted:

that was a joke

d'oh

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

I assume this is a ploy to grab harden in the off-season but talk poo poo about him now to make everyone angry in Brooklyn

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Dreylad posted:

it started off as a joke that the clippers were trying to re-create the 2019 raptors but they now have 3 members of the championship roster and counting

only if Kawhi ever plays again

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

https://twitter.com/WolvesClips/status/1489599192712499204

This is a really interesting trade. Beasley has been the best offensive bench player this year but McDaniel has largely fallen out of the starting rotation to Jarred Vanderbilt, who basically gives the exact same thing to the team. And trading a pick seems like a better choice, the last thing the Wolves need right now is young guys who need minutes to develop and won't be ready for a couple years. Smart gives them what they're getting now out of PatBev but better. Legit hope they pull the trigger on this deal.

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Dreylad posted:

this thread is now a safe space for blazers fans, all five of them that are left

thank you op. shout out to the other four

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Parity warning posted:

thank you op. shout out to the other four

now is the time for healing. also masai may be trying to fleece you guys for nurkic.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I don’t see a deal for Simmons materializing by Thursday

It would be incredible if he came back and played

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP
From his last whine, yall needed to show him love, but half assed it.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Femur posted:

From his last whine, yall needed to show him love, but half assed it.

the whole team tried to fly out to see him and he told them to go away. he can’t even keep his story straight.

Femur
Jan 10, 2004

indigi posted:

the whole team tried to fly out to see him and he told them to go away. he can’t even keep his story straight.

No means yes? Like chris paul left the banna boat to show Jordan love type storyline. This passive aggressive fool wanted to unbreak up imho.

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
Ben Simmons mental illness can only be cured by getting traded to a Southern California basketball team that isn’t the kings.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

skipmyseashells posted:

Ben Simmons mental illness can only be cured by getting traded to a Southern California basketball team that isn’t the kings.

Best thing that could happen to Ben is being traded to some small market team with an apathetic fanbase and a friendly, compliant local media. What I'm saying is get him to the Timberwolves asap.

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020

Azathoth posted:

Best thing that could happen to Ben is being traded to some small market team with an apathetic fanbase and a friendly, compliant local media. What I'm saying is get him to the Timberwolves asap.

if the young socialite doesn’t want Portland or Toronto what makes you think he’s gonna not sulk and pout around either the elbow/corner pockets in Minnesota

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
ANT is gonna say the team is his one time and Ben is gonna give up lol

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
what is objectively the worst city that has an NBA team? Oklahoma City is my guess. What I'm saying is, trade him to Oklahoma City.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

skipmyseashells posted:

if the young socialite doesn’t want Portland or Toronto what makes you think he’s gonna not sulk and pout around either the elbow/corner pockets in Minnesota

Oh I know, it wouldn't be what he wants but it would be the best basketball situation for him, somewhere no media ever talks bad about a player and the fans will cheer no matter what

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
the best basketball situation would have been him shooting open jumpers and hitting them at even like a 30% rate, second best would be playing at all, but that’s a decent third option

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

how far is okc from Houston

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

vyelkin posted:

what is objectively the worst city that has an NBA team? Oklahoma City is my guess. What I'm saying is, trade him to Oklahoma City.

yes by an absolute mile, probably runners up Indianapolis, Cleveland and Memphis. At least the later two seem to have some degree of culture.

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
Nba players think its utah don't they?

Salt lake is closer to other funtimes than okc through.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Azathoth posted:

is it even worse being a twolves fan right now because the team is doing something worse than being dogshit, it's giving its fans false hope?

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

vyelkin posted:

don't discount charlotte NC

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Dreylad posted:

is it even worse being a twolves fan right now because the team is doing something worse than being dogshit, it's giving its fans false hope?

nah, this is a good year for us. new coach seems to be working out and Ant is a borderline all star year two and KAT is a legit all star. going in, i thought their ceiling was a .500 team chasing for a play-in spot if they stayed healthy and the stars aligned. they're at the top of the play-in right now and like 2.5 games out of 6th place. they seem to have assets people want in trade and/or young guys who can take steps forward.

even if the KAT era ends with a whimper, Ant is gonna be around for another 7-8 years and that makes me happy

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Ant being actually good at age 20 as a SG is really impressive.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

euphronius posted:

Ant being actually good at age 20 as a SG is really impressive.

Yeah, right now the biggest issue with him is inconsistent effort on defense and/or spotty defense, but by all accounts in addition to being incredibly talented, he's also very coachable and he seems to have a good relationship with Finch. Even if he tops out as a league average defender, which he's approaching right now, he's still gonna be an all star next year if he just keeps doing what he's doing.

And if you're not following his press conference stuff, you all should be. He's legit super charming and has "face of the franchise" written all over him, which is probably a good thing with KAT kinda taking a step back with all the poo poo that happened in his life because of COVID.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
god I forgot about that. he's lost a ton of his family to COVID hasn't he? that's awful.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

can’t be a Timberwolf without lots of loss :(

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I can’t believe Simmons is just like .. not playing

what the gently caress

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
Respect, 40m poof*

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/derekbodnernba/status/1490802259785043971?s=21

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

skipmyseashells posted:

The Sacramento Kings of Anaheim

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Windhorst seems to think the deal is being discussed and is likely to happen at least

His sources are pretty good

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

https://twitter.com/JucheMane/status/1490748675408248842?s=20&t=fIxyuWewzipfMeaKBVbpmg

New NBA partnership...? :thunk:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Not a great trade for New Orleans

https://twitter.com/shamscharania/status/1491075416001556483?s=21

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

oh so portland is officially blowing it up

rip

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Shear Modulus posted:

oh so portland is officially blowing it up

rip

gonna laugh if the dame deals fall through and it's him and the g league

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

can't wait for someone in portland to defend themselves by saying "its better than simmons".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

drat, that is a desperation trade for the pels