Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Mox vs Wheeler 6 5.04%
Kings of the Black Throne vs Death Duo 17 14.29%
Ruby vs Nyla 0 0%
Punk vs MJF 81 68.07%
WARDLOW?!?! 15 12.61%
Total: 119 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Get the Leningrad Cowboys in and treat it in every way like it was completely natural and congruous for them to be there instead of an in equal parts obscure, dissonant and outdated reference. Like when the Misfits were in WCW for some godforsaken reason (Jerry Only enjoying money).

e: pair them with Mox and give him a new version of Wild Thing

that's the nature of Danhausen's curse

My Lovely Horse fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Feb 7, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
2.0s feud with Renee Paquette continues to slowly simmer

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Gumball Gumption posted:

Staring Spike Dudley?

Spike would be a featured player, yeah. Buh Buh and D-Von would obviously be the stars but AEW, being run by an ECW mark, would also bring in both Big Dick and Sign Guy Dudley.

There’d also be new Dudley Siblings introduced. Pretty Peter Dudley, Johnny Hungee Dudley, No More BS Dudley, hell I’ll even offer and olive branch and say the dipshit anime kid can be a Young Lion Dudley.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

There’ll be a new trend on Tik Tok and Deviantart where zoomers introduce their own Dudleysonas

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Did Bubba Ray buy your account or something?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

NienNunb posted:

There’ll be a new trend on Tik Tok and Deviantart where zoomers introduce their own Dudleysonas

Will there be Dudley NFTs?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

NienNunb posted:

Spike would be a featured player, yeah. Buh Buh and D-Von would obviously be the stars but AEW, being run by an ECW mark, would also bring in both Big Dick and Sign Guy Dudley.

There’d also be new Dudley Siblings introduced. Pretty Peter Dudley, Johnny Hungee Dudley, No More BS Dudley, hell I’ll even offer and olive branch and say the dipshit anime kid can be a Young Lion Dudley.

One of those people is dead. You had very little credibility left in the realm of knowing whether people are alive or dead with the Triple H stuff but this seals it.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

a cyborg mug posted:

Tay is already in AEW

Well then it should be a simple thing to add THE YE.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

quote:

Fightful has spoken to numerous talent, none of which know who the surprise is slated to be, with several talent reaching out to ask us if we know who it would be. Thus far we've not confirmed the identity, but talent is unanimously speculating Keith Lee. There was at least one wrestler who was confused on the terminology of "Forbidden Door," saying that gave them the assumption it was someone who recently or actively worked for another company. Those that we spoke to in AEW upon free agency initially weren't sold that Keith Lee would be coming to AEW, but that many discussions regarding the possibility seemed to grow optimistically as time went on. Despite the speculation regarding Lee, nobody we talked to had been given any particular indication that it's him.

We've not learned who specifically the Wednesday night surprise is, but we've been told pretty firmly that it is not Jeff Hardy, who has a non compete until March, 90 days after his WWE release. Matt and Jeff Hardy already have several appearances set up for that date. We can also confirm WWE made overtures towards getting Jeff back into the company after his firing.

I was certain it was Jeff but now idk. LOL though on even the employees not knowing wtf Forbidden Door means anymore. I still think it should have only been used for NJPW guys.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Isiah is going to take one hell of a loving bump on the spirit bomb.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Cool dad

https://twitter.com/TheJacobHenry_/status/1490441293885063169?t=RAcG2MpyrsIqki5R4AsYRQ&s=19

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

DLC Inc posted:

I was certain it was Jeff but now idk. LOL though on even the employees not knowing wtf Forbidden Door means anymore. I still think it should have only been used for NJPW guys.

I assumed at least it means people who are not completely free agents like Keith Lee, Juice Robinson, etc. It implies contracted talent.

One possibility could be Jon Gresham? ROH is mostly dead but he is the reigning ROH champ so is still contracted, but I feel he’s more likely to go Impact with his wife as he’s already making appearances.

Getting someone on a noncompete like Jeff Hardy doesn’t seem like it’s too difficult to manage legally, but I think Tony would avoid unreleased talent like Mustafa Ali.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Mark Henry taking up the HHH point after his death is a great tribute.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I got really loving worked with the Danhausen thumbnail, goddamn.

Budge segment was powerful, tho.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Someone pointed out they used “forbidden door” for Bobby Fish who was linked to MLW at the time but obviously turned out to be a free agent, so it seems to basically just mean “anyone who worked on TV anywhere else” at this point

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

His son is on the varsity team as a freshman. He could legitimately be on his way to the olympics.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

DLC Inc posted:

SHANE

O

MAC

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
Forbidden Door = NJPW
Inaccessible Gate = WWE
Unlocked Window = Impact
Opening With Door Ripped Off The Hinges = NWA

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

xbilkis posted:

Someone pointed out they used “forbidden door” for Bobby Fish who was linked to MLW at the time but obviously turned out to be a free agent, so it seems to basically just mean “anyone who worked on TV anywhere else” at this point

I think Bobby Fish is the only one who used the term "Forbidden Door" in that case.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Dacap posted:

I assumed at least it means people who are not completely free agents like Keith Lee, Juice Robinson, etc. It implies contracted talent.

One possibility could be Jon Gresham? ROH is mostly dead but he is the reigning ROH champ so is still contracted, but I feel he’s more likely to go Impact with his wife as he’s already making appearances.

Jon has Terminus stuff going on and although I loving love Gresham--insanely good wrestler and trainer--he would absolutely get lost in the shuffle at AEW. I could see him doing guest fights in a tourney or two, maybe to face Bryan, but the roster right now wouldn't be great for him, for the style of wrestling he does

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
I hope it's Deonna Purrazzo.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Pylons posted:

I think Bobby Fish is the only one who used the term "Forbidden Door" in that case.

Ah, got it. Lethal used it in a similar context and he was also obviously a free agent from a non-NJPW/Impact company, though his status was not publicly known unlike Keith. I could see how those moments led to the watering down of the term and now it just means “someone’s coming here from somewhere else”

The moral of the story is, they should stop saying forbidden door now

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

DLC Inc posted:

I cannot put into words how much I love that AEW wrestlers reached to Fightful to ask them if they knew who the mystery wrestler is.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

One of those people is dead. You had very little credibility left in the realm of knowing whether people are alive or dead with the Triple H stuff but this seals it.

Fake fan that you are, thinking his absence from TV must mean Pretty Peter Avalon is dead. We let this guy write our OP’s??

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

duckdealer posted:

I've seen people float the idea that Hangman's title reign was never going to live up to him chasing the title. My thought is that would be a reasonable concern before he won the belt but not so much now. All he has done since winning the title has been the amazing feud with Bryan Danielson and he is about to do a Texas Death Match with Lance Archer which should be awesome.

It's true that Hangman hasn't always been the main focus of each Dynamite since he won the title, but with the talent AEW has on their roster I don't see that as a problem.

I kind of think this but it's not really a concern or a criticism. The way that it played out, for me, just elevated the chase above whatever he does now. I don't need him to go on an Omega-esque run with the title to feel satisfied with the whole arc. I've seen what I wanted to see. He's had 2 awesome matches with Danielson and I'm guessing the match against lance is going to be awesome too but I'm also ok with him losing the title pretty quickly if they want to go that route. Just not to mjf please

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

I read a report earlier, forget where, that the new signing is Norman Smiley. I'm legit so stoked.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Sandman McMahon posted:

I read a report earlier, forget where, that the new signing is Norman Smiley. I'm legit so stoked.

read that too

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

manifesting mustafa ali in my heart and mind

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

NienNunb posted:

Dudley Identity Disorder with alters that cut heel promos in your headspace all day

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

DLC Inc posted:

Jon has Terminus stuff going on and although I loving love Gresham--insanely good wrestler and trainer--he would absolutely get lost in the shuffle at AEW. I could see him doing guest fights in a tourney or two, maybe to face Bryan, but the roster right now wouldn't be great for him, for the style of wrestling he does

I think you’re right, and He’d be a great choice for a TNT open challenge spot for the future.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Keith Lee just got married, and is presumably on his honeymoon, so I doubt it'll be him on Weds. Plus, he's from Texas, and they've got a Texas show next month, and might want to save him for there.

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
It's Bray Wyatt. Quote this when it happens.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Sandman McMahon posted:

I was totally kidding when I made that graphic but Norman smiley would own so hard :stare:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

It's Tanahashi, duh

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

1glitch0 posted:

I hope it's Deonna Purrazzo.

Deonna vs Isaiah Kassidy sure would be a flex

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Fsmhunk posted:

It's Bray Wyatt. Quote this when it happens.

Just saw him on AEW

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

MorningMoon posted:

It's Naito duh

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

Crapple! posted:

I kind of think this but it's not really a concern or a criticism. The way that it played out, for me, just elevated the chase above whatever he does now. I don't need him to go on an Omega-esque run with the title to feel satisfied with the whole arc. I've seen what I wanted to see. He's had 2 awesome matches with Danielson and I'm guessing the match against lance is going to be awesome too but I'm also ok with him losing the title pretty quickly if they want to go that route. Just not to mjf please

I do agree that Hangman doesn’t need a super long title run like Kenny or Moxley. Jericho’s reign was about five or six months right? Since it seems Hangman is facing Adam Cole at Revolution I think he should win that one. Page losing to PAC or a different cool wrestler soon after that would be fine with me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

long world championship reigns FTW