Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

how the gently caress is this awful show still going

Netflix Megathread: How the gently caress is this Awful Show Still Going?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Galewolf posted:

The Rock climbing Tom Holland and riding Chris Pratt horse, I like where this is going

Andrew Garfield and Tobey Maguire play other colossi as well, but only briefly. Willem Dafoe joins as the cursed maiden.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Cacator posted:

That can't be right because "Gate" doesn't fit.

Stargate is such a weird franchise. It ran for like 20 seasons, and there's plenty of people who have caught some episodes here and there and liked it well enough, but no one who is an actual ride or die Stargate fan

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

a few days late here but I can't believe RLM didn't mention Bruce Willis refusing to show up for a day on the Expendables 3 set unless paid three million dollars, and Stallone tweeting that Bruce Willis is "greedy and lazy" and casting Harrison Ford instead

gotta wonder if the Bruce dementia stories are true. they seem so frequent I'm willing to bet they are. in lieu of the "Why not both?" meme, perhaps he is both an rear end in a top hat and a man losing his mind

I like the RLM videos where they analyze the film industry best, so this was a treat. the skit was awful though

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1490777621726220288

They rehabbed his image that quick huh. Dunno who this is for.

A+ name tho

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Gripweed posted:

Stargate is such a weird franchise. It ran for like 20 seasons, and there's plenty of people who have caught some episodes here and there and liked it well enough, but no one who is an actual ride or die Stargate fan

my ex-brother-in-law was

he was also obsessed with chuck norris and steven seagal

and he was one of the worst people I've ever met

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

was renner a sex pest or something

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

Stallone tweeting that Bruce Willis is "greedy and lazy" and casting Harrison Ford instead

calling someone greedy and lazy while casting harrison ford :kiss:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Firebert posted:

A+ name tho

He's an actor, musician, model, social media mogul, if building vehicles is a lifelong passion of his it's at best his fifth lifelong passion

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Space Kablooey posted:

was renner a sex pest or something

He has a history of substance abuse and had a high-profile messy divorce with his ex recently accusing him of abuse and threatening to murder-suicide her

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Gripweed posted:

He's an actor, musician, model, social media mogul, if building vehicles is a lifelong passion of his it's at best his fifth lifelong passion

p. sure he was a makeup artist as well

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

I too have a lifelong passion for building unique purpose-built vehicles for countries around the world.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

p. sure he was a makeup artist as well

I wish I could be rich and famous enough to have so many lifelong passions :(

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Firebert posted:

A+ name tho

if you fix up an old building it's renovation

if you fix up an old car it's restoration

he's building new custom vehicles

this name loving sucks

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

They signed a 4-season deal right out of the gate because it's Matt Groening, a guy who had a good show 30 years ago and then a second good show 20 years ago.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

the real answer is that "netflix has ordered two seasons of 20 episodes, and someone decided to split those into 4 drops of 10 episodes each, so it's still technically within the normal parameters of netflix's 'two seasons and then cancel it' policy"

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Gripweed posted:

Imagine how wonderful the world would be if fans of other franchises had this "I enjoy it and all, but it's not the center of my identity or anything" mindset.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Now i want a bruce willis uncharted.

“Oh noo the T R A I N is gonna *sigh* crash?”

“Watch outferthe*mumblemumble*

Shots of green screened bruce willis wearing pajamas stood upright with one arm above his head barely pretending to hang off a cliff like something from a tim and eric sketch.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Gripweed posted:

my brother is a MASSIVE SG fan, i used to watch the odd ep years ago on Sky 1 and really liked it. SG: Universe was fun as a BS:G ripoff with Robert Carlyle.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Firebert posted:

A+ name tho

We now need to see a death-match between this and the other "celebrity renovation show that was sold entirely on its title"...

https://twitter.com/trixiemattel/status/1395428099941011456

(The sales reel for Trixie's show does seem pretty interesting, though.)

https://vimeo.com/525096461

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

TIP posted:

this name loving sucks

Maybe they are Renner Innovations

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

TIP posted:

this name loving sucks
:goonsay:

exactly what I thought

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
If we give him a whole tv channel it will be a Rennerstation.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

TIP posted:

this name loving sucks

and either of the above is called a rennervation when performed by jeremy renner. ticket closed.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

TIP posted:

this name loving sucks

innovation

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Imagine getting outsmarted by the title of a Jeremy Renner show.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
I have resservations…

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

I think it's finally time to bring back the renner app

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
Rennervation? Yeah he's 1/16 Cherokee.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Google “Renner app”

I pray that this new Renner show provides equal comedy content

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

Cacator posted:

That can't be right because "Gate" doesn't fit.

i actually tried "stargate" first because i couldn't imagine that they would pick either star trek or star wars, and the layout of the black spaces in the crossword kind of had a spiraling effect that looked a little like the stargate.

spoilers if you care about crossword solutions i guess:

also they had three pairs of identical clues: "famous quote from [franchise]," "important character in [franchise]" and "the good guys in "franchise", and each pair was symmetrically arranged and the same number of letters long:

doordonotthereisnotry / spacethefinalfrontier
hansolo / mrspock
rebelalliance / thefederation

overall it was a rather clever one, which i guess shouldn't be surprising if it was made by a science fiction dork. certainly more fun than figuring out what stupid rebus will shortz thinks is cute this week

:spergin:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Tom Holland scrambling up the back of Dave Bautista and karate chopping a blue rune on his head (swords are too violent)

Sony presents SHADOW of the COLOSSUS

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

What happened to that show he had where he dressed up in chainmail and had to win events or earn money selling turkey legs until he earned enough to buy a ticket and a ride to the next one?

Think it was called Rennersance Fare?

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Sedgr posted:

What happened to that show he had where he dressed up in chainmail and had to win events or earn money selling turkey legs until he earned enough to buy a ticket and a ride to the next one?

Think it was called Rennersance Fare?

pretty sure that was an episode of hawkeye

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Maybe they'll eschew guns for even more violent terminations

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Milo and POTUS posted:

Maybe they'll eschew guns for even more violent terminations

In the Jeremy Renner car building show?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
[Jon Travolta english bobby voice]

Welcoom to 'ollywood, where dreams are made

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Firebert posted:

He has a history of substance abuse and had a high-profile messy divorce with his ex recently accusing him of abuse and threatening to murder-suicide her

i keep forgetting about this :(

I can't find the eyes and it's upsetting me, for real.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
disney's shadow of the colossus

wander (played by tom holland, ryan reynolds, paul rudd, or one of the chrises) stands on a cliff overlooking the first colossus as awe-inspiring dramatic music swells. (pick one:)
a) the music cuts out and he goes "oh man. that thing? oh boy. wow. that thing's huge."
b) smash cut to him awkwardly struggling down the cliff wall, huffing and puffing and repeating stuff like "eye of the tiger. eye of the tiger. our dead girlfriend needs us- hngggg- oh, jeez."
c) he confidently says "I'm gonna stand on that" and the music cuts out. he awkwardly continues, "I'm gonna climb it... and I'm gonna stand on it, and I'm gonna stab the balls out of it." there is an awkward pause, then he nods, and the music kicks back in

wander stabs the the first colossus...
a) he closes his eyes and goes "oh my god oh my god oh my god please die please die"
b) black ichor sprays out into his face and he's like "pleh! spplt- bleh!" lol
c) his sword clanks off of its skin. he looks at his sword in confusion then tries again. it clanks off again. he says "oh come on!" and starts trying harder and harder and you think it's going to lead to him noticing the blue runes but instead it just suddenly goes in and this is never mentioned again

the first colossus falls. wander...
a) looks around in confusion then says, "is that- is that it? did I do it? did I do the thing? I did it? I did the thing? I did the thing!"
b) hits the ground and groans in pain. he lies there for a really long time going "owww. ohhhh. that really hurt. why did I do that? that thing was like 50 feet tall and I was on top of it when it fell. stupid!"
c) starts laughing, exhausted but triumphant, and raising his arms in celebration, shouting "woo! that's what you get, baby! that's what I do! the sword goes where I put it and you die!" and does a slightly inappropriate sexually aggressive little dance

the formless black tentacles take him. wander says
1) "oh no no no no what is this now!?"
2) "well... this is happening"
3) "ohh... kinda tingly! hello there- agh!"

and he wakes up back in the temple. one of the statues crumbles. wander...
a) cheerfully runs over and hugs his dead girlfriend, then he stops and says "oh, whoop- sorry. wow! you're still dead. okay. awkward. not being a creep, I promise. I'm gonna get- I'm gonna get you not dead. it'll be fine. you won't even know this happened. sorry though."
b) is momentarily pleased until he looks around. he counts the rest of the statues and goes "oh, mannn...." smash cut to him riding his horse and going "sixteen? sixteen!?"
c) says "it broke the statue? ... wait, can I just break the statues? I'm just gonna break the statues, that sounds much easier." the god voice irritably shouts "don't break the statues!!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Cubone posted:

disney's shadow of the colossus

wander (played by tom holland, ryan reynolds, paul rudd, or one of the chrises) stands on a cliff overlooking the first colossus as awe-inspiring dramatic music swells. (pick one:)
b) smash cut to him awkwardly struggling down the cliff wall, huffing and puffing and repeating stuff like "eye of the tiger. eye of the tiger. our dead girlfriend needs us- hngggg- oh, jeez."

wander stabs the the first colossus...
c) his sword clanks off of its skin. he looks at his sword in confusion then tries again. it clanks off again. he says "oh come on!" and starts trying harder and harder and you think it's going to lead to him noticing the blue runes but instead it just suddenly goes in and this is never mentioned again

the first colossus falls. wander...
b) hits the ground and groans in pain. he lies there for a really long time going "owww. ohhhh. that really hurt. why did I do that? that thing was like 50 feet tall and I was on top of it when it fell. stupid!"

the formless black tentacles take him. wander says
3) "ohh... kinda tingly! hello there- agh!"

and he wakes up back in the temple. one of the statues crumbles. wander...
c) says "it broke the statue? ... wait, can I just break the statues? I'm just gonna break the statues, that sounds much easier." the god voice irritably shouts "don't break the statues!!"