Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

Never thought of him as vindictive about money like that. Im guessing it’s probably up to interscope. But also it doesn’t need a re-release. Cant upscale that SD footage, and I’m 99% sure it wasn’t shot on film.

Edit: yeah it was shot on consumer DV cameras, it would look like hot garbage if they tried to upscale it.

I always loved the version of Terrible Lie on that DVD - I am always disappointed when I hear the studio version and it doesn't have the ad-libbed fucks included.

polyester concept fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Jan 20, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://twitter.com/rob_sheridan/status/1484234446760931330

And YouTube link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vf1Y7Uvdoi8

:eyepop:

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

obeyasia posted:

AATCHB won't get re-released until TR can be sure MM doesn't get a cent from it (if I had to guess).

I've always wondered if Somewhat Damaged was about him.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Rewatching AATCHB now and fuuuuuuuuuck, I really want to see NIN live again :negative: It's been a little over 4 years since the last time I saw them.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Y’all want some bad album set to go with these reissued albums?

https://twitter.com/nineinchnails/status/1484964524637573122

Edit: The replies say they’re $2,500?!?

IUG fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Jan 22, 2022

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
I'm so friggin confused

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

IUG posted:

Y’all want some bad album set to go with these reissued albums?

https://twitter.com/nineinchnails/status/1484964524637573122

Edit: The replies say they’re $2,500?!?

https://twitter.com/ninhotline/status/1485030819328663553

lmao

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

This is amazing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72ZdR4wJU9k

nurmie
Dec 8, 2019

lmao, how is this so perfect

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Everything in the news today!

*stomps three pedals*

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

first few tracks on ghosts V really hitting me in the feels

is it just me or does it get darker later on in the album, almost like a transition to ghosts VI which is pretty dark

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

actionjackson posted:

first few tracks on ghosts V really hitting me in the feels

is it just me or does it get darker later on in the album, almost like a transition to ghosts VI which is pretty dark

Yeah its not that happy go lucky whismical sound that the nine inch nails are known for, that's for sure

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Happy Hippo posted:

Yeah its not that happy go lucky whismical sound that the nine inch nails are known for, that's for sure

I listen to a lot of ambient, it's not some false dichotomy where not dark means happy and whimsical jfc

I would say the first few tracks on ghosts V are sort of... well relaxing, but also create a feeling of nostalgia for better times

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Happy Hippo posted:

I mean, I kinda got the impression Ghosts V was supposed to be the happy one, and Ghosts VI was supposed to be the dark one. But it doesnt really work out that way.

Skails
Feb 24, 2008

Born-In-Space
Loudwire has a best NIN song poll up, no Ruiner on that list so I’m out. Threw a vote to The Everlasting Gaze instead.

https://loudwire.com/best-nine-inch-nails-song/

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

They included a cover as a choice?

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

ruiner is so good

edit: is that one of trent's greyhounds in the perfect drug video?

actionjackson fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Feb 2, 2022

Skails
Feb 24, 2008

Born-In-Space
Obviously the only good NIN cover is of “Johnny Cash’s” Hurt

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

What a poo poo poll!

obeyasia
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Skails posted:

Obviously the only good NIN cover is of “Johnny Cash’s” Hurt

I sense the sarcasm, but you're not far from the truth really. Its probably the best of the bunch almost certainly- and all the rest are pretty bad in my opinion. All the covers of NIN songs I've heard are lacking in some way, no one else has the studio wizardry chops and it comes out with a flat sound. I could be too close to the subject matter. Like having someone else cook your favorite recipe- maybe its good but its "off" and distracting.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
That poll sucks for so so so so so many reasons.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Voted for The Everlasting Gaze

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Where's "Deep"?

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

At least they had the good sense to not put Down In It on that list.

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

TOOT BOOT posted:

Voted for The Everlasting Gaze

I just sussed to the fact that this is straight up not a thing? I mean, that's a Pumpkins track off the album that saw the return of Chamberlain right?

I should probably turn in my fanboi card now.

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

Skails posted:

Loudwire has a best NIN song poll up, no Ruiner on that list so I’m out. Threw a vote to The Everlasting Gaze instead.

https://loudwire.com/best-nine-inch-nails-song/

lmao that haw-haw-hawnted is an option, they have to be taking the piss

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
That’s mostly just singles or songs with music videos.

Sai-kun
Feb 6, 2011

Is it ever going to be enough, to love another and be loved?
Haunted isn't even the best song on HM.

It's gotta be Disappointed or Running.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

All Time Low or I Would For You

The album should be re recording with his backup singers from that tour though

jaylynne
Nov 7, 2005
putting the fun in dysfunctional
Various Methods of Escape really does it for me.

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

Here's your chance for "Supernaut" in the states I guess ..

Caseman
Mar 21, 2006

:siren:NIN AT RED ROCKS:siren:

I think this might be the thing that makes me drop a couple grand on a Colorado vacation

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Closest they're playing to me is Shaky Knees in Atlanta and that's 7 hours away, plus I'd have to get a festival ticket and a hotel room :negative:

Wish they were coming closer. A Houston trip is, while expensive, more feasible for me. Oh well. Maybe next tour.

I hope they livestream at least one of these dates. I've seen a couple shows livestreamed from Red Rocks, so fingers crossed! I'd gladly pay for a ticket to a livestream.

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

Rageaholic posted:

Closest they're playing to me is Shaky Knees in Atlanta and that's 7 hours away, plus I'd have to get a festival ticket and a hotel room :negative:

Wish they were coming closer. A Houston trip is, while expensive, more feasible for me. Oh well. Maybe next tour.

I hope they livestream at least one of these dates. I've seen a couple shows livestreamed from Red Rocks, so fingers crossed! I'd gladly pay for a ticket to a livestream.

I'm still bitter the last Houston date at Day For Night got cut short due to weather. *[WE DESERVE A PROPER SHOW TRENT!]*

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

hatelull posted:

I'm still bitter the last Houston date at Day For Night got cut short due to weather. *[WE DESERVE A PROPER SHOW TRENT!]*
Haha yeah, that did suck, but I'm still glad we got like an hour of NIN instead of nothing. That show kicked rear end while it was happening. Reptile in the rain owned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ms_moAPbV0U

I was front row for that. That was the last time I saw NIN.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
red rocks sounds very tempting

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

I guess Trent can put up with Uncle Al these days. At least for a weekend.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
no Chicago gig after pulling out of Riot last year sucks rear end

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

Caseman posted:

:siren:NIN AT RED ROCKS:siren:

I think this might be the thing that makes me drop a couple grand on a Colorado vacation

Whoa, I just moved from Nashville to the suburbs so imagine my surprise when I saw my little town (Franklin) right there on the list of shows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caseman
Mar 21, 2006

Happy Hippo posted:

Whoa, I just moved from Nashville to the suburbs so imagine my surprise when I saw my little town (Franklin) right there on the list of shows

I'm between Red Rocks and seeing the show in Franklin because I'm in Nashville that weekend for Jack White. Have you been to that venue?