Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Mox vs Wheeler 6 5.04%
Kings of the Black Throne vs Death Duo 17 14.29%
Ruby vs Nyla 0 0%
Punk vs MJF 81 68.07%
WARDLOW?!?! 15 12.61%
Total: 119 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

https://twitter.com/DanhausenAD/status/1490737708339187714

Mike and Jeff Youngbuck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Can't wait for this new signing to bebsome poo poo like Kurt Angle, only he's only doing commentary, except to maybe feud with Ogogo on dark or whatever

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Why doesn't Danhausen know anyones names? I think there might be something wrong with that guy.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I hope Danhausen marries the young buck's mom and so they have to change their names to Mike and Jeff Buckhausen.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

The Forbidden Door guy is Prince "Finn Balor" Devitt

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Marmaduke! posted:

Can't wait for this new signing to bebsome poo poo like Kurt Angle, only he's only doing commentary, except to maybe feud with Ogogo on dark or whatever

whoever it is is wrestling Isaiah in his debut so it's someone they're signing to wrestle

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Shida's stage show
https://twitter.com/pisalo_dq10/status/1489778735842992128?s=20&t=4IvqXKAq02IN88C3XlJhOg

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

shida is so cool

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

dodgeblan posted:

so i was looking at the youtube views on the AEW channel and the biggest segment from last week is the DB/Mox stuff, not any of the Punk/MJF stuff.

If you were gonna armchair meltzer, do you think this means that the Punk/MJF program wasn't as hot as they thought? The weak booking of punk has taken him down a few pegs? People wanna see punk and MJF talk but they don't wanna see them wrestle? The Sammy and Darby segment has more views than the segment titled 'MJF put punk to sleep'.

really makes u think
Everybody who has a go-nowhere heatless feud with Team Taz's star power is greatly reduced afterward.

Sting is just a guy now.

Sting.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

LividLiquid posted:

Everybody who has a go-nowhere heatless feud with Team Taz's star power is greatly reduced afterward.

Sting is just a guy now.

Sting.

It's so bad he has to sell his son/assistant, the little kid.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

LividLiquid posted:

Sting is just a guy now.

Sting.

What the gently caress are you talking about?

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

LividLiquid posted:

Sting is just a guy now.

Sting.

is he?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

LividLiquid posted:

Sting is just a guy now.

Sting.

pretend I quoted the yea ok post

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
The Forbidden Door is Tony Khan himself.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

LividLiquid posted:

Sting is just a guy now.

Sting.

Sting is 62 years old what exactly are you expecting from him at this stage?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Mr. Stink

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

CopywrightMMXI posted:

The Forbidden Door is Tony Khan himself.

The Forbidden Dork. What a little nerd

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

LividLiquid posted:

Sting is just a guy now.

Sting.

lmao no he the gently caress isn't

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

is that the Airman stage theme?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Sup

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Danhausen pocketing food from catering then drunkenly spilling pill bottles full of teeth into the rear end Boys desk and trying to get them fired

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Quantum of Phallus posted:

pretend I quoted the yea ok post

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

I'm going over my notes here, and to be fair I'm pretty sure Stings always been a guy.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
some things are just more conducive to sharing and big social media views. the ending of a 45-minute-long match probably isn't going to get a lot of views because people are more inclined to seek out the entire thing for themselves instead of the out-of-context ending. that's ok! both are needed for healthy growth of the promotion.

that's my 2 cents :cool:

love,
your pal Bard

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Davros1 posted:

Keith Lee just got married, and is presumably on his honeymoon, so I doubt it'll be him on Weds. Plus, he's from Texas, and they've got a Texas show next month, and might want to save him for there.

I also think the “just married” thing is a major factor counting against him being the person but I still think people really overestimate how much Tony cares about debuting people in their hometowns. It’s pretty much just CM Punk and what they had planned for Brodie, no?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

i dont entirely understand what hikaru shida's other career entails but it seems very personally fulfilling and i love that for her

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

JUNGLE BOY posted:

I also think the “just married” thing is a major factor counting against him being the person but I still think people really overestimate how much Tony cares about debuting people in their hometowns. It’s pretty much just CM Punk and what they had planned for Brodie, no?

yeah. they like to do happy hometown things instead of wwe Heat crap but the debuts haven't really been a directive

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
"Hey Tony, I need a month off, I have to become a real life anime"

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Kennel posted:

"Hey Tony, I need a month off, I have to become a real life anime"

she's not a real life anime. she's a real life musou.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Stink. You’re wronk

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Seams posted:

Stink. You’re wronk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7L_i71yNuUs&t=17s

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Sandman McMahon posted:

I'm going over my notes here, and to be fair I'm pretty sure Stings always been a guy.

Excuse you, according to his very specially written WCW theme song, he's a Man called Sting :colbert:

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Can she somehow take that sword nack to the US with her? Feel like that could make her revenge on Serena Deeb quite interesting.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Shida should get her own tokusatsu TV show

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Sting is Mr. Stink now

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
What about Swerve as the person debuting? Are Hit Row's 90 days up?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I’m gonna guess it’s Bray and the “Forbidden Door” thing is more a reference to whatever lore he’s bringing in with him.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

shiksa posted:

i dont entirely understand what hikaru shida's other career entails but it seems very personally fulfilling and i love that for her

She does a musical stage show with elements of wrestling called Makai. I've seen some of it and it's pretty loving rad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZpZ94ZAAsc

Shida has a part that comes in about 29 minutes into this episode if you want to see more of her in action here.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
So what's Andrade's win-rate with buying friends again? He tried to buy the Lucha Bros from PAC, then successfully bought FTR from MJF and HFO from Matt, then failed buying Darby from Mr. Stink. Am I forgetting someone or is he literally 50/50 and thus completely correct in assuming he can just buy friends?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Vandar posted:

She does a musical stage show with elements of wrestling called Makai. I've seen some of it and it's pretty loving rad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZpZ94ZAAsc

Shida has a part that comes in about 29 minutes into this episode if you want to see more of her in action here.

This is wild. I love it.