Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

long live juche baby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

people are googling some weird stuff

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

I like how every season of Blowback seems to be building confidence to take less popular stances

S1: ok literally everyone admits the Iraq War was stupid, won't take too much heat for doing that
S2: telling the story of the Cuban Revolution, means the NYT will ignore the podcast in their end of year awards, but only real psychos will be pissed
S3: Saying the US committed genocide in Korea is presumably gonna piss off serious people and get them called DPRK stans

If they keep up like the first 2 seasons, I assume season 4 will be the truth about Syria or Xinjiang and really get people heated

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
https://pca.st/episode/9845894c-8e2e-40bc-9120-6351fff88f61

listening to this ep about the absolute chad Peng Pai getting beaten by Japanese cops at a protest as a student and sending a letter written in his lost blood back home then returning to China to form a peasant association to gently caress up some landlords

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Atrocious Joe posted:

I like how every season of Blowback seems to be building confidence to take less popular stances

S1: ok literally everyone admits the Iraq War was stupid, won't take too much heat for doing that
S2: telling the story of the Cuban Revolution, means the NYT will ignore the podcast in their end of year awards, but only real psychos will be pissed
S3: Saying the US committed genocide in Korea is presumably gonna piss off serious people and get them called DPRK stans

If they keep up like the first 2 seasons, I assume season 4 will be the truth about Syria or Xinjiang and really get people heated

Modern Xinjiang is boring tho. Talk about all those weird white buddhists in the turpan kingdom instead.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
If they really want people mad at them they should do Maidan

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Which season of Blowback will it be, when they point out that the CIA probably literally helped conceive Obama?

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/MartinKulldorff/status/1490857411048927233?s=20&t=flAGd7sQ01102BxoMJk8IA

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
truckers are goons who want to go outside and fail

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Oh gently caress yeah Blowback.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

it's gonna be a felix This Is Sus of MASH that lasts two episodes

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
truckers also support sex workers

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
yer a podcaster 'arry

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Dr. Killjoy posted:

truckers also support sex workers

lot lizards are braver than any troops

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Is it stealing valor to play American truck simulator?

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

hell yeah

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Atrocious Joe posted:

yeah but blowback is prob gunna keep using stitcher and no one is going to listen to it because who the gently caress uses stitcher

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
lmao a chapo movie ep about the chinese wolf warrior movie.

i got a copy for some of my family but never watched it myself, I can't imagine the movie was actually any good.

crepeface has issued a correction as of 07:25 on Feb 8, 2022

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

Atrocious Joe posted:

The funny thing is that once upon a time, before it went into aliens and big foot, the history channel would show documentaries like this one:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/history/worldwars/coldwar/korea_usa_01.shtml

which was about US soldiers recounting orders to let no refugees through American lines and to kill them all if they tried.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

AnEdgelord posted:

Kinda wish Blowback did the same thing as Fall of Civilizations and had youtube video versions of the podcast with accompanying imagery

that would be dope

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

crepeface posted:

lmao a chapo movie ep about the chinese wolf warrior movie.

i got a copy for some of my family but never watched it myself, I can't imagine the movie was actually any good.

The chinese movie industry kinda moved away from that with stuff like The Eight Hundred and the Changjin movies.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

slow

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

don't sign ur posts

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

felix from chapo has gone too far this time

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

the one time i offer to do free yard work and i get ratio'd

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
sopranos meme accounts have run its course

joepinetree posted:

The funny thing is that once upon a time, before it went into aliens and big foot, the history channel would show documentaries like this one:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/history/worldwars/coldwar/korea_usa_01.shtml

which was about US soldiers recounting orders to let no refugees through American lines and to kill them all if they tried.

guessing post 9/11 this sort of history became less desirable while aliens and big foot always made money and easier to pump out

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Atrocious Joe posted:

I don't think any good podcast is worried about the NYT podcasting awards , a thing I just now learned about from this post.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.
Nick's alcoholism is so great

"Day drinking at a BAR? That is classic"

I'm so glad I'm just a problem drinker and not an alcoholic.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Thanks for this twitter screenshot Bust.

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

they should really do an adam curtis like long form video essay

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

is that someone u beat off 2?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Can't believe Matt is leaving chapo

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
bring Virgil back

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I wonder if Felix still talks to Virgil. Matt & Will probably don’t because it was just a pod relationship, but Virgil and Felix were literally best friends who spent like years working together on different projects and stuff.

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

no one tell bust that virgil was just a felix bit character, basically his walt trembley

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Breakfast All Day posted:

no one tell bust that virgil was just a felix bit character, basically his walt trembley

So Felix as Virgil tried to have sex with an underage girl as a bit?

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
it’s very funny

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

i have the transcript from ep 86, "pod to be an american"

branson (laughing): so wait, wait, your character is just a poll nerd that pretends to be a left podcaster?

felix: y, yeah

andrew: that sucks man

felix: he sucks so much, it's great

branson: let me guess he plays csgo and reads knausgaard, too

felix: no i said he sucks

andrew: well thats something at least

charles: ...is virgil a cat?

branson (away from mic): god damnit

felix: no, but he does like groo

andrew (interrupting): OK

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

branson (laughing): so wait, wait, your character is just a poll nerd that pretends to be a left podcaster?

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

lol