Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
In three seasons of Disenchantment there have been maybe two episodes worth of actual jokes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Someone made a fan poster of dune that I think owns

https://www.deviantart.com/breath-art/art/ocean-of-dune-896232861

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i don't know whether i'm happy or disappointed that deviant art link wasn't mpreg sonic the hedgehog in dune

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

I'm finding all this Rennervation talk rennervating

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

TIP posted:

probably blank DVDs

I think they rip the VHSs and burn them to DVDs to preserve them and also make sure they don't watch 3/4 of a movie and then it's gets eaten by the VCR

you may ask yourself why they would then burn them to DVDs instead of just using Plex or something and the answer is that they're all 90 and they still think their DVD burner is "pretty neat"

Are you an idiot? If they put all that stuff on a server, it would get hacked. Do you really want that stuff floating around the internet?

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

I've watched all of disenchanter and I forgot they had a whole steampunk arc last season until the trailer popped up

Its so bland

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN
For as much as I heard about Jim Carey being super method when making Man on the Moon and only answering to Andy on set and spitting in Jerry Lawler's face and stuff, his Andy Kaufman impersionation sure does loving suck. It's like a cross between Ace Ventura and Johnny Depp's Willy Wonka. They could could barely even get his hair to look close.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Gripweed posted:

Are you an idiot? If they put all that stuff on a server, it would get hacked. Do you really want that stuff floating around the internet?

there isn't a lot I wouldn't do for Don Beveridge's Customerization Seminar

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Huge miscalculation to not have a competition cooking show called Renner Renner Chicken Dinner

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Pneub posted:

For as much as I heard about Jim Carey being super method when making Man on the Moon and only answering to Andy on set and spitting in Jerry Lawler's face and stuff, his Andy Kaufman impersionation sure does loving suck. It's like a cross between Ace Ventura and Johnny Depp's Willy Wonka. They could could barely even get his hair to look close.

Yeah I found it extremely indulgent and not worth all the praise it got either. And I was and am a big Carey fan, his only really great dramatic role was in The Truman Show.

I actually liked his stuff on The Weeknd's new album too, hah. That album loving slaps.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Huge miscalculation to not have a competition cooking show called Renner Renner Chicken Dinner

renner renner chicken dinner is his show about home renovations

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

These make me angry

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
https://twitter.com/ClickHole/status/1490739636758589442?s=20&t=0Hrh2VP23pfJTid0YVyVxQ

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Cowcaster posted:

i don't know whether i'm happy or disappointed that deviant art link wasn't mpreg sonic the hedgehog in dune

Why would you be disappointed you cant see weird sonic poo poo

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

i liked S1 of disanchantment okay because for the most part it was basically just the characters loving around and thats nice i guess. but then they kept adding Plot to it and the more Plot it had, the more it sucked. the nadir was definitely the steampunk... everything

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Just wrapped Trigun / Badlands Rumble (2011)

(linking the italian dub trailer because it kinda owns)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZC0_n4b6yOc

It's a 90 min Trigun episode with better animation and art. Sort of a side story, with no relevance to the original episodes, but if you're hungry for more Trigun it's about as good as it gets.

If you haven't seen Trigun, this movie will probably be just another random anime, I'd recommend watching the og series first. You get very basic character development here, you won't be totally lost, but you would appreciate it more if you know the full story.

So that concludes my 20 year journey to fully watch the Trigun saga, proving that with enough time and motivation you can do anything :buddy: (I'm not gonna delve into the manga don't even try)

I award this a solid 3 out of 5 Comfys, and a letter to Nicholas D. Wolfwood declaring my love and sealed with a kiss

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTI6T5M8Fj0

Netflix put out this sort of teaser/trailer mash for their upcoming movies, looks like mostly trash but there's a couple fun looking movies here. I didn't know Knives Out 2 was Netflix exclusive, but ok

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

So that concludes my 20 year journey to fully watch the Trigun saga, proving that with enough time and motivation you can do anything :buddy: (I'm not gonna delve into the manga don't even try)

You're not missing much. The Trigun Maximum manga is borderline incomprehensible.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Vakal posted:

You're not missing much. The Trigun Maximum manga is borderline incomprehensible.

Also it's put out by Dark Horse, which of course means it's out of print.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
can you tell us about your united states marine funko pops collection

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

I didn't know Knives Out 2 was Netflix exclusive, but ok
I knew that because, I remember

quote:

in March 2021, it was reported that Netflix had made a $469 million deal at an auction held by Johnson and his producing partner Ram Bergman, outbidding Amazon and Apple, to obtain the rights to two sequels to Knives Out, where a losing bidder told Variety that, "The math doesn't work. There's no way to explain it. The world has gone mad. It's a mind-boggling deal."

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Jose Oquendo posted:

I take it you've never watched an RLM video ever.

I have! I liked some of their stuff and was hoping for continuing good criticism, alas...

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

alexandriao posted:

I have! I liked some of their stuff and was hoping for continuing good criticism, alas...

That video has what you want so I don't know what you're complaining about.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

infernal machines posted:

They also don't like Star Trek before Discovery, so you know, there's probably not a lot of common ground here.

What?! The Hell?

I need you to quote me on this because I cannot recall ever expressing such a ridiculous sentiment. Jesus.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
I'm pretty sure you were talking about not liking TNG or DS9 in the Star Trek thread, but if I'm wrong, I apologize.

e: It's possible I have confused you with someone else in that thread, in which case I am very sorry, please forgive an old man and his failing memory.

e2: No, it was you, but I have exaggerated your position a bit.

infernal machines fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Feb 8, 2022

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

lobsterminator posted:

When RLM described Robocop satire as "too subtle" for the average person, I had a really hard time believing it. Maybe 10yo kids who saw it back then though it was just a cool robot action movie (me included) but any adult should see the really heavy satire. It's not *quite* as thick as Starship Troopers but almost as blatant.

I choose to believe those tweets are just ironic rage bait.

Nah, most folks who grew up on tumblr never really had a solid grasp of parody given that it was broadly outlawed. And as the last straw, 4chan killed the idea of irony, with their ironic (but very real) naziism. So now out of sheer caution everything has to be presumed as completely serious :(

edit:

^^^^

infernal machines posted:

e2: No, it was you, but I have exaggerated your position a bit.

No I dislike a lot of DS9 because of how warrish it is, but I see now there are highlights (Bar Association and a few others are very good, I just wish they would pull back to being more utopian in general, and DS9 was the start of the decline of utopian Trek, which was the entire loving point of the show). But TNG and TOS are both stellar and I spent the latest season of Discovery wishing out of my mind it was better, but skipping 15-20 minutes of them just loving doing nothing but zooming in on how all the crew are best buds and nobody actually doing anything. Or when they do do something, making the stupidest possible decision for The (thin) Plot.

Personally I think the writers only watched the speeches part of TNG and went "you know what trek is?? it's people pontificating about morals!". Which probably isn't too far from them just fuckin scrolling memory alpha instead of watching the drat thing

alexandriao fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Feb 8, 2022

Cubone
May 26, 2011

alexandriao posted:

Why would i trust these people about films

alexandriao posted:

I liked some of their stuff and was hoping for continuing good criticism

Cubone
May 26, 2011

who's loving with my medicine

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Did i not exaggerate enough. Sorry bud

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

alexandriao posted:

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTI6T5M8Fj0

Netflix put out this sort of teaser/trailer mash for their upcoming movies, looks like mostly trash but there's a couple fun looking movies here. I didn't know Knives Out 2 was Netflix exclusive, but ok

I turned this off partway through, the fact that they actually had the actors look directly into the camera and pitch the movies--on the ACTUAL film set--is just way too shameless and weird. And the comments are going wild for it. There are Netflix trailer marks?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

alexandriao posted:

No I dislike a lot of DS9 because of how warrish it is, but I see now there are highlights (Bar Association and a few others are very good, I just wish they would pull back to being more utopian in general, and DS9 was the start of the decline of utopian Trek, which was the entire loving point of the show). But TNG and TOS are both stellar and I spent the latest season of Discovery wishing out of my mind it was better, but skipping 15-20 minutes of them just loving doing nothing but zooming in on how all the crew are best buds and nobody actually doing anything. Or when they do do something, making the stupidest possible decision for The (thin) Plot.

Personally I think the writers only watched the speeches part of TNG and went "you know what trek is?? it's people pontificating about morals!". Which probably isn't too far from them just fuckin scrolling memory alpha instead of watching the drat thing

Yeah, that's fair, my memory of your issues with DS9 and some of TNG was incorrect, I'm sorry for libelling you like that.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I don't think I've ever seen anything Mark Wahlberg is in and whatever reputation he has as an actor has utterly failed to reach me. Who the gently caress is he?

Cubone
May 26, 2011

alexandriao posted:

when your friends see you do they let out a reluctant or irritable sigh

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Dabir posted:

I don't think I've ever seen anything Mark Wahlberg is in and whatever reputation he has as an actor has utterly failed to reach me. Who the gently caress is he?

A burger chain owner who parlayed his fast food success into silver screen super stardom

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

Dabir posted:

a racist homophobic boy band star with multiple brutal assaults on his record to give him tough guy cred

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Marky mark is definitely one of those actors who is only good when he's kinda cast as a joke

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Milo and POTUS posted:

Why would you be disappointed you cant see weird sonic poo poo

the same reason mike voted for shark exorcist

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Hey all

I’m here to tell you - that thing you like? loving sucks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

priznat posted:

Yeah I found it extremely indulgent and not worth all the praise it got either. And I was and am a big Carey fan, his only really great dramatic role was in The Truman Show.

Eternal Sunshine, c'mon!