Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Rarity posted:

No one show them this forum

on the contrary by the kidd an account and let me ask then if neon genesis ending is supposed to be hilarious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Eat My Fuc posted:

on the contrary by the kidd an account and let me ask then if neon genesis ending is supposed to be hilarious

Never seen it but I'm pretty comfortable saying the answer is no

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Shelton Benjamin and Mia Yim are shoot siblings.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
In the same way that everyone who came through NXT were Triple H's shoot nieces and nephews, or Gallows and Anderson have like five hundred shoot brothers in the biz, yes.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
She's a danger to everybody.
https://twitter.com/MatsumotoMiyako/status/1489737967933730819

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I definitely missed out on something.

https://twitter.com/Marcbuffbagwell/status/1490707778519941121

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

edogawa rando posted:

Genuine question: are there any stories of what he's like backstage?

by his own admission if he's not in character he is a "neurotic mess"

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

edogawa rando posted:

Not backstage related but one of my favorite MJF stories, as to what kind of guy he seems to be, -- I saw him wrestle once in a tiny Moose lodge where there was no real backstage area and wrestlers just kind of milled about in the crowd or sat selling merch around the edge of the room. MJF had a really early match on the card and was at his merch table 100% of the time sitting and hanging out and razzing all the fans that came up to him, but where this gets interesting is that during nearly every match he would try to slink behind some of the other people he was sitting near and constantly be trying to get chants or other crowd interaction going himself and it seemed like a really cool thing for a guy to do on a really small small show.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Alex Colon vs Buff Bagwell lets go

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Not backstage related but one of my favorite MJF stories, as to what kind of guy he seems to be, -- I saw him wrestle once in a tiny Moose lodge where there was no real backstage area and wrestlers just kind of milled about in the crowd or sat selling merch around the edge of the room. MJF had a really early match on the card and was at his merch table 100% of the time sitting and hanging out and razzing all the fans that came up to him, but where this gets interesting is that during nearly every match he would try to slink behind some of the other people he was sitting near and constantly be trying to get chants or other crowd interaction going himself and it seemed like a really cool thing for a guy to do on a really small small show.

How mid

Pitwar
Jul 19, 2008

Who's your mate?!

Snuff Bagwell.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Buff VS the deathmatch king Matt Cardona, book it!

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
MJF called me fat when I asked if he had a shirt size he didn’t.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

More like Mega Jenerous Friend, amirite?

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me
There's always that story of MJF and Willie Mack mistakenly ending up at a nazi flop house.

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Dr. Baker posted:

There's always that story of MJF and Willie Mack mistakenly ending up at a nazi flop house.

I thought that was an Anton Yelchin movie with Patrick Stewart as the baddie, but keep going!

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Thanlis posted:

I thought that was an Anton Yelchin movie with Patrick Stewart as the baddie, but keep going!

Yo, that's a good movie

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Yo, that's a good movie

Brutally violent, but yes it is.

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

edogawa rando posted:

https://aiwrestling.libsyn.com/mjf-swoggle-takeover-the-podcast-aiw-ep138

This seems like one of the few interviews he did fully out of character. It's right after he signed with AEW. Listen if you want the illusion shattered.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

everything out of kayfabe I've heard or read about MJF seems to support the fact he's a very smart and generous guy to other workers and has assisted in bringing quite a bit of guys on the indies into AEW / suggesting them to TK.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Big Bidness posted:

This seems like one of the few interviews he did fully out of character. It's right after he signed with AEW. Listen if you want the illusion shattered.

There's also a Highspot interview he did with Ethan Page where he is largely (or fully, it's been a long time since I saw it) out of character

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
The Super Eyepatch Wolf video on why wrestling is good includes a lengthy bit about MJF, including a documentary MJF did that sounds like some masterful storytelling while loving with the boundaries of kayfabe. It’s quite good.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

The Super Eyepatch Wolf video on why wrestling is good includes a lengthy bit about MJF, including a documentary MJF did that sounds like some masterful storytelling while loving with the boundaries of kayfabe. It’s quite good.

The documentary is here and it's well worth watching: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJGYy1X_6Ok

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

ok but what about the nazi flophouse

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

what’s a flophouse

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Quantum of Phallus posted:

what’s a flophouse

modern parlance would be a trap?

its a house of dubious ownership that people come to live temporarily in and party.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Quantum of Phallus posted:

what’s a flophouse

A podcast about movies that flop, either critically or financially, hosts by two former daily show writers and a bar owner. Pretty fun.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Loling at the contrast of the last two posts

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

Loling at the contrast of the last two posts

and they're both technically correct

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

Dustin's adorable giant dog passed =(
https://twitter.com/dustinrhodes/status/1490852210250551298

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Aw man :(

I hope Brute gets a graphic on Dynamite.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

forkboy84 posted:

There's also a Highspot interview he did with Ethan Page where he is largely (or fully, it's been a long time since I saw it) out of character

There are at least two with Ethan Page and one with Dan Barry on there, fully out of character.

The one with RSP as the other guest includes an incredible story about the highlights video he made to get his football scholarship.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Big Bidness posted:

This is pretty good.

God MJF is young.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Keep AEW weird

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1490847093170139139?t=FRXVdwCTog8oeZzBE-bv1g&s=19

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Bowens is great because the growl he manages in <city name here> is better than any promo he could cut.

Val Venis had that too, but Bowens is also better in every single way.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
I love that Billy is just smiling and clapping as Max says 'rear end Boys'

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Max being a too online Twitter politics guy is great

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I love the super low effort A$$ BOYS sign someone scribbled onto 3/4 of a page of ripped printer paper

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Jonny Nox posted:

Bowens is great because the growl he manages in <city name here> is better than any promo he could cut.

He is on point with it every single time, and when he got TRUCKED by Mox in the middle of one is such a perfect wrestling moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

Still laughing at Mark Henry saying, "they made it weird, they did that weird thing."