Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

LoudPipesSaveLives posted:

Just, like, turn the bread heel around on your sandwich so the crust is on the inside?

This is the most insane and perverted thing to ever come up in any iteration of this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edgeman83
Jul 13, 2003
In all seriousness, it makes me want to actually experiment if keeping the loaf end in the bag helps with staleness. I always did it to keep the slices fresh, but I never did any real study into if it REALLY did anything.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Evil Willow posted:

AITA For telling my boyfriend to take back the car he surprised me with?

I can't believe nobody got in with this before me: gift giving is an act of aggression.(In this case it actually is).

When I cook if there is an inferior dish (eg I broke the yolk on one of the fried eggs) I take that one and my wife and son get the good ones. At worst she and I will split the worse portions. Husband here is straight-up being an rear end in a top hat and then trying to gaslight her.

Mx. posted:

AITA for telling my husband. My money is mine?

Reap/sow etc.

The problem with getting the uncle arrested is that he's the secondary villain here, but he's the one who is going to suffer, plus OP has just torched their relationship. What they should have done was demand the flatware AND the ring back or they are calling the police for theft.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
AITAH for getting mad at my BF for using the cheese grater on his feet?

quote:

I'm on mobile so sorry for formatting. This is my main account and I'm new to Reddit. My (29F) boyfriend (31M) and I have lived together for six months. I work from home but he goes into work everyday. Last week one day, I went to use the downstairs bathroom when I was grabbing a snack (I usually use the upstairs master because my office is upstairs).

I happen to notice the cheese grater sitting in the tub and a small amount of white powder next to it. I thought it was weird but was distracted by a work project so I grabbed the grater and threw it into the sink then went about my day. I did dishes later and cleaned it.

Fast forward to today, I went grocery shopping and got some TP and was putting some under the sink in the downstairs bathroom and to my surprise, the cheese grater was in the tub along with the same white powder next to it. By this time I'm thinking something is up and since it's only my BF and I here, I text him and ask him if he has been putting the cheese grater in the tub. Here is the convo:

Me: Hey I found the cheese grater in the tub, do you know what that's about?

Him: Yeah, I use it on my feet but I always wash it well but I've been too tired to wash it lately NOTE: He has been working 10 hours of OT a week for the last two weeks

Me: ... lol are you really using it on your feet? We use that for the food we eat

Him: yeah, but I wash it with hydrogen peroxide and water then again with antibacterial soap, I just forgot to clean it.

Me: Can you not do that? I'm disgusted that you've been doing this and I didn't know.

He then calls me and tells me it's no big deal, he is 31 years old and has been using the cheese grater on his feet for over a decade and has never gotten sick. I tell him that's disgusting and he needs to stop.

Here is where I might be the rear end in a top hat- He did ask me for a foot bath and a good quality foot scrubber for Christmas but I got him the other stuff on his list instead: a Nintendo Switch (He has two young boys), a robe and a car cleaning kit. All on his list, it's just all I could afford.

When he told me he was bummed I didn't get him the foot care I said maybe next year. Then he asked if he could use my foot scrubber which I thought was a gross habit and said no.

So he says because I didn't get him that gift and then denied to share my foot scrubber, I am the AH.

I say buy one for yourself but you're the AH for using a kitchen utensil to shave off your skin.

So, AITA?

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Carolyn Hax: Couple agreed to be ‘productive’ during pandemic but only one followed through

quote:

Dear Carolyn: Before the pandemic, my wife and I — early 30s, both lawyers — had long working hours and frequent business travel, with weekends spent largely on family events and cultural activities. Once our respective firms sent us to work at home, we calculated we would gain 30-plus hours a week, even while still working full-time, due to not commuting, traveling or socializing in person. We promised each other we would use that time to be productive in ways our prior schedules did not permit.

I kept up my end of the bargain: In six months I read 25 biographies, developed decent conversational skills in two foreign languages, upped my running program to the point that I am marathon-ready, and started volunteering for voter registration advocacy, all while continuing to work full-time. My wife has done … not so much. She has been reading fantasy novels, occasionally watching a History Channel documentary, and has generally used the time to “unwind.”

I have confronted her several times, and she tells me she is “rejecting productivity culture” and doesn't feel like improving herself right now. We share housework, cooking, and other practical matters, and she does exercise, but I'm getting increasingly frustrated — disgusted, even — that she would waste this gift of free time just to watch TV and read books better suited for children.

I have asked her to get counseling and a depression evaluation, but she has refused and thinks she is conducting herself “fine.” Do you have any suggestions, other than divorce?

— Productive

I don't think we usually post the columnist's advice but...

quote:

Productive: Divorce might be her best option, so do I have to leave it out?

Aaaaaaaand you'll never guess what happened

quote:

Hi Carolyn - I'm the lawyer-husband who wrote in some weeks ago about being frustrated that my wife (also a lawyer) wasn't taking better advantage of the extra time we had gained from not commuting and traveling for work to do more productive things, such as intellectual reading and more intensive exercise. We did subsequently attend a few sessions with a marriage counselor which were very helpful. In particular, we identified that a big part of the difference in how we wanted to spend leisure time was a direct result of the specific demands of our (paid) work. Although we are both lawyers, my work at the moment involves working on routine contracts, for the most part, that are not particularly intellectually challenging; on the other hand, hers involves clients who are much more emotionally demanding, plus high-stakes pro bono work with lifesaving implications - so she ends up feeling drained and wanting to take it easy during non-work time. Ultimately, we also figured out that I am just a person who likes to go on all cylinders all the time (which makes my current work all the more frustrating - although I'm glad to have it at a time when a lot of law firms have been doing layoffs), while she prefers cozy quiet time in her personal life. After the counseling sessions, we did decide to separate/divorce due to not really having compatible outlooks and priorities, but are doing so from a much warmer, friendlier place, without resentments and blame. At the core, we are just very different people, something that didn't really come to light while we were so, so busy finishing law school and singularly focused on building our careers, but the close quarters of the pandemic made it obvious that we would be happier going in different directions.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

teen witch posted:

what the gently caress

WHAT THE gently caress

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

sephiRoth IRA posted:

what the gently caress

WHAT THE gently caress

Don't act like you've never had a lil foot parmesan on your pasta

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Ugh a foot rasp costs like $5 dude.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Okay for one,

Is this dude just grating his callouses dry? Like, just going at it with the grater without so much as a soak or a shower?

That is loving disgusting. His feet have to look like absolute poo poo. Good God

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

teen witch posted:

https://youtu.be/CJw84NZEd40

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

I'm bad with money and you have an avatar!

greazeball posted:

Carolyn Hax: Couple agreed to be ‘productive’ during pandemic but only one followed through

I don't think we usually post the columnist's advice but...

Aaaaaaaand you'll never guess what happened

England had it right, keeping the barristers and solicitors as separate gigs entirely.

Transactional attorney guy sounds loving insufferable

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

keep punching joe posted:

Ugh a foot rasp costs like $5 dude.

A foam sanding block from the hardware store is about half the price and works even better.

The idea of using a food implement makes me want to puke.

Rusty Rickshaw
Apr 30, 2008

Megillah Gorilla posted:

A foam sanding block from the hardware store is about half the price and works even better.

I’m eating breakfast

You fuckers

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Mx. posted:

My husband [39M] always serves me [34F] the off-cuts, burnt parts, etc of dinner

The reason for this is that I work 60 – 70 hours a week, and am the primary breadwinner for our household.

Dude feels emasculated by the situation and heard about how lions always get first pickings of the kills.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
You people were defending the drunk woman that went out of her way to vomit into my spaghetti pot so buon appetito.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Rusty Rickshaw posted:

I’m eating breakfast

You fuckers

Grate you some cheese, guv'nor?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

You people were defending the drunk woman that went out of her way to vomit into my spaghetti pot so buon appetito.

you should have seen it coming. Her knees were weak and her palms were sweaty, and there was vomit on her sweater already

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

therattle posted:

I can't believe nobody got in with this before me: gift giving is an act of aggression.(In this case it actually is).

When I cook if there is an inferior dish (eg I broke the yolk on one of the fried eggs) I take that one and my wife and son get the good ones. At worst she and I will split the worse portions. Husband here is straight-up being an rear end in a top hat and then trying to gaslight her.

Reap/sow etc.

The problem with getting the uncle arrested is that he's the secondary villain here, but he's the one who is going to suffer, plus OP has just torched their relationship. What they should have done was demand the flatware AND the ring back or they are calling the police for theft.

The uncle torched the relationship when he stole from his niece. She still has bargaining power to get the ring back, she could propose to drop charges.

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Mx. posted:

My husband [39M] always serves me [34F] the off-cuts, burnt parts, etc of dinner

stab him, become the alpha, take his food for yourself

I prefer the burnt bits and crispier end pieces of things in my food so I don't see the problem here...

teen witch posted:

...except when it comes to feet, what the gently caress?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Pasta and heel

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Don't act like you've never had a lil foot parmesan on your pasta

Cheese and mushrooms, yum yum.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Men have literally no idea how to take care of their skin. They are not taught this at any stage.

comforthawk
Apr 15, 2018

teen witch posted:

she's got a man who's actively trying to take care of his feet and she is squandering that miracle smh

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Men have literally no idea how to take care of their skin. They are not taught this at any stage.

Pretty much this. At most, I was told when I was a teen to take a cotton ball of rubbing alcohol to my face to get ride of the oils that build up and cause acne.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

sephiRoth IRA posted:

what the gently caress

WHAT THE gently caress

someone got some real athletes foot lmfao

god this is gross

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Neito posted:

Pretty much this. At most, I was told when I was a teen to take a cotton ball of rubbing alcohol to my face to get ride of the oils that build up and cause acne.

Don't even get started on home remedies for acne, warts, and basically any mostly cosmetic malady. Anything but just seeing a doctor who can get rid of it in 15 minutes.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Ghost Leviathan posted:

https://www.theonion.com/rock-apparently-factors-into-girlfriend-s-shower-routin-1819575242

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I mean hell, it's a thread joke that tons of dudes are not taught at any stage that they should wash their rear end.

Said before, so many dudes (mostly dudes) aren't so much raised by their parents as they are kept alive and minimally presentable, with consumer electronics thrown at them to keep them quiet.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for lashing out at my husband for using a picture of my son as his phone's homescreen-wallpaper?

you know, in the olden days ppl would keep pictures of their kids in their wallets, and the prouder they were to be parents the easier those pictures would come out

and "no, i don't want to see your goddamn kids, they look like any other kids" was not an acceptable response

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I mean hell, it's a thread joke that tons of dudes are not taught at any stage that they should wash their rear end.

Said before, so many dudes (mostly dudes) aren't so much raised by their parents as they are kept alive and minimally presentable, with consumer electronics thrown at them to keep them quiet.

In case anybody is wondering: No, the rock is not for washing your rear end. You're welcome.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Cloacamazing! posted:

In case anybody is wondering: No, the rock is not for washing your rear end. You're welcome.

Obviously, it's for the rear end callous

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Brawnfire posted:

Please. It's the callass

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Brawnfire posted:

Have a slice

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

RBA Starblade posted:

Please. It's the callass

Well if you wanna be a hard-rear end about it

Solenna
Jun 5, 2003

I'd say it was your manifest destiny not to.

Evil Willow posted:

Double post, but gently caress this guy!

AITA for not liking a low-effort birthday gift my girlfriend got me?

quote:

The problem is the scarf isn't my style and I have no use for gloves (mittens specifically) as winter is ending here soon.
Every other problem with this guy being an entitled jerk aside, he does know it will actually be winter again in less than a year right?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

teen witch posted:

Have a slice

A little assiago

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Megillah Gorilla posted:

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Mx. posted:

AITA for telling my husband. My money is mine?

This is very much "play stupid games win stupid prizes" on his part, but also the whole never-ending tit for tat at this point is just ugh

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Brawnfire posted:

A little assiago

Just a sprinkle on my footanesca please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

The guy who invented the microplane meant it for wood. He has always been mildly bemused that it took off for food. The company had to bring out the microplane foot grater (which works very well, thanks) in spite of his protests.