Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Jerk McJerkface posted:

qq about the switch, when it's docked, and I'm using an 8bit do controller, the NFC reader on the right joycon doesn't work right? I'd like to be able to AMIBOO while it's docked. I tried having the right JOYCON out, but BOTW won't let you have a joycon and another controller both active at the same time since it's a 1p game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

glassyalabolas posted:

I gots a launch day switch. I think those are the most modable correct?

Launch day (or first year-ish) Switches are easily softmodded but everything after that is a pain in the rear end requiring hardware mods so the early ones sell for a decent premium

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

hatty posted:

Launch, one year post launch, or Redbox?

I got mine on launch day 2017.

FBS fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Feb 8, 2022

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Drive-Thru Salad Bar posted:

gently caress the korok Master Sword trials tho. They can eat poo poo.

The Waterblight revisit fight can be impossible with the limited items and durability unless you come prepared with Urbosa's Fury.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Sorry I can't hear you, I'm up in the snowy plains killing off gold lynels for their guts and gear.

Welp there goes my 50+ hours of play

Yep, sounds about right.

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!
^^^the combat does get pretty dry once you hit the higher tier weapons. Still doesn't hamper the fun I have exploring though.

Evil Badman posted:

The Waterblight revisit fight can be impossible with the limited items and durability unless you come prepared with Urbosa's Fury.

I just made a cube, jumped off and arrowed it in the eye to knock it down.

Commie Lasorda fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Feb 8, 2022

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

If you want to do amiibo stuff docked, you have to use a controller with the amiibo functionality.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Master Mode should’ve had customisable difficulty. The health-regen and triple health is just bleh but I liked the remixed encounter and floating platforms. totally not worth it. It’s already like a 200 hour game I don’t know why you’d want to inflate the playtime with tedium.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

jackhunter64 posted:

You don't even need a separate app if you're on iOS, you can install this Shortcut and have it automatically run whenever you scan the first QR code with your camera.

i haven't checked what this shortcut does but you don't need a separate app because you can just scan qr codes with the camera.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Hypercard games like myst are a crime!

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
The Master Mode is kind of neat, conceptually. It's nice to have a challenge mode for people who are really into this combat poo poo.

Me, I'm an idiot who still gets decapitated by a lizard guy at least once every time I walk into the desert

Also, with my habit of climbing everything in sight, the ground and large holes are far more dangerous enemies for me, and they don't even have HP to boost! :v:

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

b_d posted:

i haven't checked what this shortcut does but you don't need a separate app because you can just scan qr codes with the camera.

It skips the second code scanning part and pops up straightaway to ask if you want to save to Photos, Files or share with another app, so you don't have to faff about doing it one by one.

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
Master mode should have just given all the enemies lasers to shield parry as that was the coolest part of the combat

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.
Also, if people in the US want the sanrio x hello kitty packs, Target had some for 6 bucks easy, as is walmart and various on stores. But don't get fleeced, they're 6ish dollars at retail in the US. I like the new villagers.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
the sanrio furniture is so stinking cute

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1491049195343650817?s=20&t=bORrRsM9ylYXR_pr3_5jYA

Let's a go!

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

I picked up Baldurs Gate in the sale, what a great little port but fuuuck being level 1 in 2e rules.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Show me silksong and botw2.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
thank you nintendo

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Woke up like half an hour ago and thought to myself "I should get out from bed, what if they announce a Direct?"

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

MorningMoon posted:

Woke up like half an hour ago and thought to myself "I should get out from bed, what if they announce a Direct?"

You woke up a day early though.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

glassyalabolas posted:

Show me silksong .

Never coming

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

That’s a lot of time for some cool announcements and surprise drops! I hope it’s a hype Direct

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

man nurse posted:

That’s a lot of time for some cool announcements and surprise drops! I hope it’s a hype Direct

35 minutes of the various Waifus in Rune Factory 5. 3 minutes of new dlc for Splatoon 3. 2 minutes of new dlc for Arceus.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Man how wasn't this predicted already?!

Also neat one that's actually airing when I'm not at work

Silius
Apr 24, 2010
Sports Story where are thou! Gimme that shadow drop tomorrow.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

That's like 11 pm in my end in Europe. Not ideal, but it'll do.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
does anyone know how olliolli world performs on switch? it's supposed to be 60fps and looks like it runs really smooth but i've been burned on switch ports before.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Crazy that the Direct tomorrow is going to announce the Metroid Prime trilogy is available NOW

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
all hail nintendo

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

glassyalabolas posted:

Show me silksong and botw2.

both will absolutely be announced this spring....to be delayed til early 2023

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Tomorrow is my birthday, meaning that the announcement of Silksong is preordained. Can't wait to play Silksong

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
the nintendo direct can either make all your dreams come true or shatter them into a million pieces... tread carefully gamer

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I've decided to invest 100% of my emotional and psychological stability into believing Silksong will be announced tomorrow.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Its just one 40 minute speedrun of olliolli world.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I have it on good authority that the next Zelda game will feature Dante from Devil May Cry and new Funky Mode.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

If the new RF game won't let me home-wreck for MILFs I'm not interested

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Would be nice to hear a release date for the FF Pixel Remasters

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

glassyalabolas posted:

Show me silksong

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Inzombiac posted:

I have it on good authority that the next Zelda game will feature Dante from Devil May Cry and new Funky Mode.

Dante gonna be pissed when his guns break after five shots.