Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

The Kins posted:

raising a glass to never having to play this loving level again

you cleared it in 1 life? :worship:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

well, after work some friends wanted to play guilty gear and i got caught up in that and now it feels too late to start. good thing there's tomorrow

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

mbt posted:

you cleared it in 1 life? :worship:
i got an extra life through points along the way (and paused constantly to weave my way past shots)

also continued like a million times

it was not an honorable victory, but it was a victory

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
ok played this by myself now, made it to the lava stage without using a continue and had 4 extra lives. for some loving reason the game glitches out and the stage comes to an abrupt end of the bg with completely black tiles, andthe camera starts scrolling up, it goes past the blank section and scrolls all the way through a bunch of regular stage graphics, eventually ending up with pocky on screen again, and the game completely softlocked. i am unable to move or do anything other than pause

this is complete loving bullshit

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
it happened 3 more times and i realized that my initial theory is correct, if you hit the boss camera scroll trigger while piloting the robot, the scrolling gets hosed up and it never stops until it somehow overflows and starts back from the beginning of the stage, then it comes back to the top, and since you have your controls taken off you for the boss cutscene, they never come back. i once had a monster walk up with the camera and knock me back into the boss trigger, causing it to actually start after the bug was done.

youd think, drat arf thats a very rare thing to happen, why would you hit that bug several times.
well theres a store you can access by flying while piloting the robot, about 2 tiles before the boss trigger. Extremely cool.

but now that i know to get off the robot, i can proceed with the amazing gameplay of pocky and rocky 2's stage 8.
a shmup stage where enemies come from the top but you do 8 directional shots wherever you move, and also you can only use the bottom third of the screen. and the up and down motion of the dragon affects your movement so by no fault of your own you can get moved into a shot.

also, i got softlocked again by killing the miniboss with the wand. no death animation, he just straight up gets deleted:

this stage has to be one of the worst things ive played in my life and this is a slap in the face.

i figure i can just hold bsnes' fast forward hotkey and wait for the time out:

turns out it just respawns you wherever you timed out.

this game can suck my gigantic bloated pliable folkloric nutsack

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

ArfJason posted:

it happened 3 more times and i realized that my initial theory is correct, if you hit the boss camera scroll trigger while piloting the robot, the scrolling gets hosed up and it never stops until it somehow overflows and starts back from the beginning of the stage, then it comes back to the top, and since you have your controls taken off you for the boss cutscene, they never come back. i once had a monster walk up with the camera and knock me back into the boss trigger, causing it to actually start after the bug was done.

youd think, drat arf thats a very rare thing to happen, why would you hit that bug several times.
well theres a store you can access by flying while piloting the robot, about 2 tiles before the boss trigger. Extremely cool.

but now that i know to get off the robot, i can proceed with the amazing gameplay of pocky and rocky 2's stage 8.
a shmup stage where enemies come from the top but you do 8 directional shots wherever you move, and also you can only use the bottom third of the screen. and the up and down motion of the dragon affects your movement so by no fault of your own you can get moved into a shot.

also, i got softlocked again by killing the miniboss with the wand. no death animation, he just straight up gets deleted:

this stage has to be one of the worst things ive played in my life and this is a slap in the face.

i figure i can just hold bsnes' fast forward hotkey and wait for the time out:

turns out it just respawns you wherever you timed out.

this game can suck my gigantic bloated pliable folkloric nutsack

maybe its your emulator

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Ask me about shitposting in SAD to get the attention my parents never gave me

trying to jack off posted:

maybe its your emulator

works on my machine

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

That Little Demon posted:

works on my machine

:hai:

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

maybe its your emulator

tried it on snes9x, bsnes and even zsnes as a joke. and even without the glitches the game is absolutely odious. ninja ambushes whose hitboxes are a mystery. sometimes youre near their spawn point and nothing happens, other times they get you. then they make you run through a gauntlet of those guys + the red ninjas. i had a chest give me bunny ears and the rng decides to send them squarely inside another locked chest for which i had no longer a key (used it on the bunny ears chest), so i could not reach them. thank god for that strategy book on the last shop telling me to use the bomb partner, i cant imagine how long itd have taken otherwise. on like my fifth attempt i lucked out and the respawn for my partner lined up with the boss standing still to throw his swords, so i just did that over and over.

absolutely miserable game and if i never have to hear the words pocky and rocky in my life ill be a much happier gamer. gently caress natsume and i hope harvest moon flops now that animal crossing is breaking record sales. gently caress you

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

ArfJason posted:

i could easily beat this, bro

Arfjason easily beats first 2 stages wiith no continues

I have easily beaten the game.

this game sucks loving balls

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I beat the game as well. probably at the exact same time as arf lol

from the little bit of 1 I've played this week as well I think I'll enjoy it a lot more, this one was definitely a departure from what it seems like that game is going for.

the last hallway before the final boss is hosed up. kind of something all 3 imp zone game club games have had in common. can't wait for the next hosed up hallway

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
Looking forward to starting with whatever the next game is!

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

It Is Finished. fun first half of the game, second half was pretty iffy. overall, a positive experience.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

ArfJason posted:

tried it on snes9x, bsnes and even zsnes as a joke. and even without the glitches the game is absolutely odious. ninja ambushes whose hitboxes are a mystery. sometimes youre near their spawn point and nothing happens, other times they get you. then they make you run through a gauntlet of those guys + the red ninjas. i had a chest give me bunny ears and the rng decides to send them squarely inside another locked chest for which i had no longer a key (used it on the bunny ears chest), so i could not reach them. thank god for that strategy book on the last shop telling me to use the bomb partner, i cant imagine how long itd have taken otherwise. on like my fifth attempt i lucked out and the respawn for my partner lined up with the boss standing still to throw his swords, so i just did that over and over.

absolutely miserable game and if i never have to hear the words pocky and rocky in my life ill be a much happier gamer. gently caress natsume and i hope harvest moon flops now that animal crossing is breaking record sales. gently caress you

Evil Eagle posted:

I beat the game as well. probably at the exact same time as arf lol

from the little bit of 1 I've played this week as well I think I'll enjoy it a lot more, this one was definitely a departure from what it seems like that game is going for.

the last hallway before the final boss is hosed up. kind of something all 3 imp zone game club games have had in common. can't wait for the next hosed up hallway

The Kins posted:

It Is Finished. fun first half of the game, second half was pretty iffy. overall, a positive experience.

congrats imp zone game clubbers. and condolences arf lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Hmm... think I see the problem, Arf

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
last day for Pocky & Rocky 2, good luck to any late entrants

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
I’m going to try desperately to finish and fail just like college

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
The deadline is today? drat.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

welcome posted:

The deadline is today? drat.

you have about 12 hours

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm gonna play it finally but I prolly won't finish it

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Actually I had the lava stage freeze up too I just didn't notice it was busted because I beat the stage on the first attempt after a little enemy slowly flew up the entire length of the stage and crashed into me.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
this game looks cute but all the posts about it make it sound daunting lol

want to dive in but I'm going in for an eyeball procedure thing, dunno if I'll be able to game afterwards but I will if I can 💪

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
9(?) stages seems like a lot. Might start this at 7pm instead of my usual 8:30pm start.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

American McGay posted:

9(?) stages seems like a lot. Might start this at 7pm instead of my usual 8:30pm start.

the first stage is a tutorial and can be skipped

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

That Little Demon posted:

you have about 12 hours

Oh, and you have 24 hours

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

ArfJason posted:

Oh, and you have 24 hours

lol

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

a little under the wire but I managed to beat it. Level 8 was deff the biggest stumbling block, ended up just hugging the corner nearly the entire level, which felt cheap but whatever. Last boss was a chump, went in with no lives the first time around and he managed to down me while I was learning the patterns but the second time around I went in with one life and left with 3, I might've killed him damageless.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
WHat the gently caress is with stage 8

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

There were some neat ideas in here but also far too much bullshit imo. Think I'll check out the first game anyway.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

i'd better get this started lol.

https://twitch.tv/bug_deal

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

I got the tude now posted:

WHat the gently caress is with stage 8

lol

Joan
Mar 28, 2021

I'm so ready for the newest challenge to start. drat I love gaming

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
yeah ill probably jump into the pacifist thing first

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

mycophobia posted:

yeah ill probably jump into the pacifist thing first

same here

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i might finish pocky after the deadline, i went to do stage 8 last night and immediately felt exhausted just thinking about turning on the snes, so i played 3 hours of super turbo instead lol. looking forward to the new game

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

its funny how every game so far has had some insane bullshit section that spoils the rest of it

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

its funny how every game so far has had some insane bullshit section that spoils the rest of it

and it's always just before the last boss/level lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

About to download Wizards and Warriors. Game looks great.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

i found axelay to be delightful all the way through

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I know it's been said a thousand times but these drat bosses have way too much HP.

Trying to dodge and survive and then dying immediately as your partner respawns so you can't do a throw is miserable.