Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

TL posted:

Man, Ehren just completely went for it this time. I laughed so hard my throat hurts.

He absolutely did and it was great.

Overall it was good. It's a Jackass film, of course it's gonna be good. It's really hard for me to give an opinion on the new blood. Zach was the guy who would do anything but I thought Jasper and Rachel were good as well.They did a great job in the stunts they were in but there wasn't enough of them to really say, "Yeah these people are the future of Jackass," based solely on the film. Maybe in Jackass 4.5 there will be some more things with them.

My biggest surprise was PK Subban (the pro hockey player) just absolutely loving loving every second of the stunt he was in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
It was so good.

The new people were great, especially the big guy.

Several times I was absolutely dead certain that people were gonna start vomiting or leave the theater. People came close but nobody did.

Everyone in the theater was laughing very loudly and after the first 10 or 15 minutes everyone got relaxed and we were all going "oh poo poo" and "OH GOD NO" and stuff.

It felt amazing, especially after all the covid stuff and lockdown...

I think this movie will be kind of huge and almost like a cultural phenomenon, I think people are gonna go see it over and over.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

mannnnnn I can't wait for 4.5

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i am gonna be thinking about flattened penis for a very long time. that was the only thing that made me like OH GOD OH JESUS

even though I know on a logical level that it almost certainly do any long term damage or even hurt because of how... biology works... but still

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I feel like they leaned particularly hard on gross out gags and male nudity this time, but I still loved it overall purely just to see these guys go at it again and experience the audience reactions to everything. There’s nothing like a Jackass movie in a theatre full of people.

I think a personal highlight for me was the silence of the lambs bit.

Xinlum
Apr 12, 2009

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a Dark Knight

I noticed not everything from the trailer made it into the movie so I'm really hoping for a 4.5 or something.

Great movie, the guys still go hard, and we all learned a valuable lesson about the difference in taste between horse and pig cum

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

saw it tonight and a buddy who didn’t know I went today asked if I’m down to go to a matinee tomorrow

and yes, I will.

it was so goddamn fun.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

man nurse posted:

I feel like they leaned particularly hard on gross out gags and male nudity this time, but I still loved it overall purely just to see these guys go at it again and experience the audience reactions to everything. There’s nothing like a Jackass movie in a theatre full of people.

I think a personal highlight for me was the silence of the lambs bit.

a bunch of people in my theater kept whispering "is that really his dick?"

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
was trying to think about what makes this stuff discernably different from America's Funniest Home Videos

it's the comraderie, the "not only are they okay, they loved it!" part of the stunt. i'm sure this has been said a billion time before but if it were just a bunch of clips like an old skate video where you just see nonstop NUT SHOT NUT SHOT BEEF IT etc. i think people would start out laughing but get fatigued especially in a theater

but having all the little moments of "getting to know" the people just makes it rad. there's something unbelievably wholesome about people doing absolutely stupid as gently caress poo poo that often hurts like hell just for the LOL

also when Johnny came out at the very end with the broken bones and stuff, he is LOADED on painkillers and it's hilarious

edit: and actually the most the theater laughed was at the dark room which didn't have much physical trauma (until the end. legend.)

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

Xinlum posted:

I noticed not everything from the trailer made it into the movie so I'm really hoping for a 4.5 or something.

4.5 is definitely coming, Jeff and Johnny talked about it briefly in one of the 1000 or so interviews they did this past week.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
there were two stunts where at first i was like "okay, they faked this one somehow"

first was when Johnny went flying as Grandpa, but then they showed the slow-mo and... yeah he really went flying haha

the second was the electric pole, at first I was like "well that could absolutely be a stunt double" but of course it wasn't

the bull, i wanted to believe they faked somehow, but no, Johnny is just that dumb haha

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

They’ve all always said Knoxville is the most batshit fearless of them all.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
on rewatching 2, it's clear that a lot of the charm to me is that exact turn, where what you're watching goes from "a movie" to "real"

it occurred to me during the intro, because it reminded me of how amazing that bull run is, because for a while it looks like it's JUST composite shots and clever editing, and you're like "yeah it probably wasn't that dangerous haha" but as the bit goes on you see more and more stuff that's obviously not trickery and it's like woooooahhhhhh

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
My favorite part of the opening for Number Two is as the cast is running from the bulls, you can see palpable terror in everyone’s face…until they get to Pontius, who is smiling from ear to ear.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

TL posted:

My favorite part of the opening for Number Two is as the cast is running from the bulls, you can see palpable terror in everyone’s face…until they get to Pontius, who is smiling from ear to ear.

haha yep

drat... i'm pretty sure i'm gonna go see this again today. it doesn't hurt that i live literally next door to a theater

edit: morbid thought i had while watcing it... "all these people laughing so hard are gonna spread so much corona"

oh well i'm vaxxed and tired of worrying haha

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

precision posted:

the bull, i wanted to believe they faked somehow, but no, Johnny is just that dumb haha

Knoxville said that the bull stunt resulted in the worst concussion and overall injury he'd ever gotten from a Jackass stunt, as in addition to a broken wrist and broken ribs, he also literally suffered a brain hemorrhage, and that his wife and kids begged him to never do any more stupid poo poo like that ever again. I believe his neurologist also told him that he'd be risking death if he ever took another hit to the head.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

precision posted:

drat... i'm pretty sure i'm gonna go see this again today. it doesn't hurt that i live literally next door to a theater

Just saw it for the 2nd time in 24 hours. Worth it.

lessthankyle
Dec 19, 2002

SKA SUCKS
Soiled Meat
Surprised by the lack of Poopies support so far. He really was a solid addition to the crew, so much so that I was halfway through the movie before I remembered he was new.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
I liked Poopies because he seemed both good natured and also a total idiot at the same time.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
yeah he was good, definitely more likeable than bam ever was

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Has anyone given an indication as to the future of Jackass? You don't bring in all that new blood for just one movie.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

TL posted:

I liked Poopies because he seemed both good natured and also a total idiot at the same time.

his response of “ten” when asked what the square footage or whatever of 5x5 after deeply considering it and even working it out with his hands justified a 2nd viewing

I love him

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Ending felt really underwhelming but I'm looking forward to 4.5

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Jose Oquendo posted:

Has anyone given an indication as to the future of Jackass? You don't bring in all that new blood for just one movie.

in all the interviews they're like "yeah we're gonna do more poo poo if Forever does well" and Forever is printing money sooooooo

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

precision posted:

in all the interviews they're like "yeah we're gonna do more poo poo if Forever does well" and Forever is printing money sooooooo

Knoxville is done, though. He said that the bull stunt resulted in a brain hemorrhage (which caused memory loss) along with broken ribs and a broken wrist, and his wife and kids begged him to stop doing poo poo like that. He said last year in an interview that he won't do another Jackass project.

The guy is 50, he's made his money and then some, he's probably looking at some severe cognitive disorders down the road. Bless him for sacrificing his body for our entertainment, but I'm glad he's done.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
To be fair, he's said things like that before. I think he's absolutely done taking bulls to the face, but there's stupid poo poo that isn't taking bulls to the face. And while they are all performers, that man is a loving hound. There are multiple times he takes a concussion and some of the first words out of his mouth are "Did we get the shot?". I think there's a good chance this is the last big thing they do, but I'd be shocked if he didn't have some smaller stupid things in him, and I wouldn't be completely surprised if they make a Jackass Five: Tempting Fate.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

if they keep making movies, I hope he’ll still be part of the crew and involved with things that aren’t him actually being in any stunts that would involve injury. His comic timing and chaotic energy are simply irreplaceable.

I also adore how it’s just muscle memory for him at this point to cover his balls whenever he bursts out laughing and choose to believe that it does it off-set as well.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Knoxville was hilarious in the game show and silence of the lambs bits and those weren't threatening his life at all!

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
Dico not being in the film has absolutely nothing to do with his unwillingness to fly and 100% to do with the fact that he outright refuses to be associated with CKY/Jackass for pretty much the rest of his life. The only one in occasional contact with him is Raab, and Raab says there is approximately zero point zero percent chance he would ever go on camera again. Raab himself (haha see what I did there) had a similar mindset for a long time, and I was pretty surprised that they got him involved to help shoot Jackass Forever

Raab said that Dico still makes tons of videos and skits, but won't show them to anyone. He uploaded a couple videos to YouTube a few years back and that was it. He prefers to live life away from the public I guess.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

Johnny Knoxville on the past, present and future of Jackass, including Jackass 4.5 as well as the Bam situation.

quote:

Some people will probably be surprised by the amount of male nudity in this one.
[Huge, roaring laugh]

That’s not new for Jackass, but you really upped it this time.
There’s so much male nudity in it. There’s so many funny full-frontal ideas that we had to take to [the upcoming Jackass outtakes movie] 4.5, because you can only have so much cock in a movie.

At a certain point, it’s going to get you an NC-17.
Jeff and I would have conversations like, “We have shot too many cock bits this week. No more cock for a while.” There’s a tipping point where you’re like, “It’s over. I’ve seen enough cocks.” And then three or four days later we’d be like, “It’s probably funnier if his cock is out.”

quote:

You mentioned Jackass 4.5. That’s going to Netflix?
Yeah. I believe that’s going to come out on Netflix. It’s strong. You know we have a strong movie when 4.5 is strong. So many great things got kicked out of Jackass Forever just because maybe they were similar to something else we had in the film, or we had too many pranks on the cast, or too many things like this. Any number of reasons can kick something into 4.5. Also, it’s great since you can breakdown a scene and do interviews and get a little underneath the hood of a stunt or a prank. And there’s more (Compston) Darkshark (Wilson) in that one. He’s amazing! He’s the funniest guy!

Especially when you duct-tape him into a chair and put a tarantula in his helmet.
Yeah. And he’s strong. When he just ripped through the duct tape — that’s extremely hard to do. Then he was in a fear lock and he just grabbed ahold of me and the animal trainer. There was nothing we could do to let go. We just had to let him work through. He didn’t even know where he was in those moments. He’s terrified of heights [as well], and we took him skydiving. That’s in 4.5.

quote:

I know you’ve talked about the Bam situation a lot over the past few weeks. But watching all that play out on TMZ during the filming of the movie must have been a huge distraction, and very emotionally draining.
It’s very sad and draining, but at the end of the day, we all love Bam so much and want him to get well. We hope he’ll make that decision to do that. I miss him. We all miss him. We all wanted him to be in this movie wall-to-wall, and that’s not how it worked out, and that’s very disappointing. But fingers crossed that he can turn his life around. We’re always there for him.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Silence of the Lambs is straight in as top 5 skit of all time. Everything about it is so perfect and there's about half a dozen shots during it that should become iconic.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Silence of the Lambs is straight in as top 5 skit of all time. Everything about it is so perfect and there's about half a dozen shots during it that should become iconic.

I think it was definitely the surprise skit for me. It started out ok and then just got better and better. I'm assuming they weren't bullshitting us and it was for sure 100% pitch black in the room.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Twin Cinema posted:

So, my understanding is that a lot of Viva La Bam guys had a following out with Bam after the show. Brandon has retreated into a more private life, and is trying to move away from cKy/Jackass. As for Rake, I am not sure, but he is a chemist. Maybe he's also moved on?

And like Breadallelogram said, Raab is a camera operator in the new film.

I am seeing this in a few hours, and I am excited.

Brandon runs three sober living houses in the Delaware area.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

"That bull really hates magic" and " I'm a vegetarian"

Are such great lines.

ce gars
Dec 31, 2007

Bam's appearance really was a blink-and-you'll-miss-it type of deal. I had to look it up afterwards.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Guze posted:

"That bull really hates magic" and " I'm a vegetarian"

Are such great lines.

"Is it actually over?" with that haunted look in Ehren's eyes is so perfect. Ehren is 100% the movie's MVP.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

ce gars posted:

Bam's appearance really was a blink-and-you'll-miss-it type of deal. I had to look it up afterwards.

Okay, I saw his name in the credits and was wondering if he was going to make a cameo during the credits footage.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

Gaunab posted:

Okay, I saw his name in the credits and was wondering if he was going to make a cameo during the credits footage.

I didn't notice it either but someone uploaded a clip from the theater and Bam was in the treadmill sketch.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

He’s in the marching band.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

"Is it actually over?" with that haunted look in Ehren's eyes is so perfect. Ehren is 100% the movie's MVP.

to be quite honest with you, i would one hundred per cent rather take the bull shot than let someone pogo on my nuts

my rear end in a top hat has never been more clenched. oh my GOD dude.