Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Qwijib0 posted:

starchat: Tucson being a dark sky city owns, we have spent many hours staring at the sky from our yard, and being able to drive 15 min to the desert and see even more is great. We're out of water though, so don't move here.

quailchat: it is always odd to see them fly. I know they can but it always seems unexpected.

we get the occasional quail in our backyard, they mostly just run around but when they get spooked they'll fly up to the wall and it's the goofiest looking thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Why does his smile look like it's hurting him?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Timby posted:

Bam responded by going on a massive bender and then doing a video asking Dr. Phil, of all people, for help. And saying he was fired for "discrimination."

Oh poo poo.

I listened to the episode of Behind the Bastards on Dr Phil. The winner of the first Survivor developed a massive alcohol problem and went on the show for help. He claims he was left alone in his dressing room with a giant bottle of vodka and given some sort of pills. When he show starts he is so out of it putting someone in that state on television probably qualifies as medical malpractice (good thing Dr Phil had let his medical license laps years ago.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Joey Freshwater posted:

https://i.imgur.com/0iel0dq.mp4

Made one of those Timelapse/long exposure videos last night. This is from about 1am to 730am this morning. Really happy with how it turned out

I'm a real big space nerd so this is cool as hell to me.

I'd love to go to a place with a really dark sky and sit out with a telescope just looking at things. The closest I've come to something like that is being out on a cruise ship and seeing the sky. There's a ton of light from the ship, of course, but really late at night you can get in some good star viewing.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Goddamn Joey that’s gorgeous as hell

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Joey Freshwater posted:

https://i.imgur.com/0iel0dq.mp4

Made one of those Timelapse/long exposure videos last night. This is from about 1am to 730am this morning. Really happy with how it turned out

This is incredible. How'd you make it? Phone? SLR?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

For an hour or so after sunset you can just look up at the night sky and watch the constellation of elon musk's satellites zip by one after another.

When I was in college I took a bunch of astronomy classes, always wanted to get a good scope with a motorized mount so I could do long-exposure photography and take pictures of galaxies and nebulas and stuff. It's so easy to do now, back in the 90s the motorized mounts were either very manual or very expensive; nowadays basically every decent reflector comes with a computerized two-axis tracking motor where you can just input the stellar object you want and it'll go to it and stay right on it. Makes it easier to do long exposures.

It's also awesome to have an app like SkyEye that you just point your phone at any part of the sky and it shows you what you're looking at, or put in whatever you want to see and it'll direct you to move the phone till it's pointing at that thing. Really nice for finding planets for example.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Android Apocalypse posted:

Care to elaborate? I'm genuinely curious how this is and I love any instance to continue to hate HIM (mainly because I think their music sucks).

according to everyone else in and involved with CKY, the dude from HIM is the guy who got Bam into really deep binge drinking

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Working in-office last week: tired, unmotivated, eating prepped meals, cranky

Working from home this week: cleaned grill, fired up the charcoal, trimmed and seasoned rack of spare ribs, am smoking meat while working

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I saw it, now you guys do too.

https://twitter.com/EamonJavers/status/1491092102792749056?s=20&t=EcBEUC1NVwqwGKb30FxPow

https://twitter.com/kevincollier/status/1491107221857796097?s=20&t=2RV8yK26mkpb8m3-SqdTJA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DIuPPmY9mw

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
It rocks that bitcoin isn't even good for money laundering

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Getting strong buuhh duh duh duh duh duh party til I die vibes from that one

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

T-Square posted:

Working in-office last week: tired, unmotivated, eating prepped meals, cranky

Working from home this week: cleaned grill, fired up the charcoal, trimmed and seasoned rack of spare ribs, am smoking meat while working

Living the dream.

The recruiter I contacted to figure out how to start doing WFH was on the spot asking me questions about what I wanted, and when that wasn't "please find me the exact same role in a different company", she flaked. When I followed-up she said she didn't have anything for me, but I should contact her before I send a resume if I find something :thumbsup:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I promise to make music videos if I ever get super into crime.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Kalli posted:

Background: Brian gets pulled from AEW after old comments surface and Sabu is an old school tough guy wrestler

lmao

'Oh poo poo' indeed

Kalli posted:

rogerebert.com gives Jackass 4 a perfect 4 stars rating and a loving review.

Stoked.

https://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/jackass-forever-movie-review-2022

its gonna be lit

Pron on VHS posted:

Despite being a huge fan of the books I have no interest in Reacher the TV show. I suppose it’s because Lee Child’s writing style is central to my love of the books and of course the show won’t have that

I'll admit, I binged the show. Reacher books are a guilty pleasure of mine I picked up in Thailand/Vietnam (you could could count on finding at least one in every hostel, I read like 7 of them without paying a cent). Even if they are pathetic middle-aged-man power fantasies that get more and more ridiculous over time, I liked reading them and I liked fantasizing about a life permanently disconnected from everything.

The show is just whatever. Lead guy probably too wordy and too pretty. But it wasn't TERRIBLE.

Surprisingly, tiny little gremlin Tom Cruise was a better Reacher from the movies.

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I read “The BlackTongue Thief” on recommendation from here and it was really enjoyable.

I zoomed through it. What a treat to read fiction!

Hey I think that might've been me! And yeah I absolutely ripped that book to shreds. Even though it was an audiobook it took me only like a few days to finish. Sometimes a book comes along where you just cannot get enough, that was one of them. And the guy reading was indeed excellent, with the Irish brogue fitting the character and first-person narrative so well.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Neil Armbong posted:

This is incredible. How'd you make it? Phone? SLR?

GoPro Hero9 with its Nightlapse and fooled with the settings some.

Braksgirl posted:

I'm a real big space nerd so this is cool as hell to me.

I'd love to go to a place with a really dark sky and sit out with a telescope just looking at things. The closest I've come to something like that is being out on a cruise ship and seeing the sky. There's a ton of light from the ship, of course, but really late at night you can get in some good star viewing.

I’m definitely going to get more so I’ll share them!

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

This is worse that what Skwirl posted I promise

https://twitter.com/venturecommunis/status/1491124505434988544

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

There's more

https://twitter.com/INVESTMENTSHULK/status/1491113799956328449?t=C4KFDgyVi62UxFL3uBCEbg&s=19

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Hot Diggity! posted:

It rocks that bitcoin isn't even good for money laundering

It's a group sourced of every single transaction you've made. Once you figure out where a single bitcoin on the chain is, and who owned it, you can track it forever.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Skwirl posted:

It's a group sourced of every single transaction you've made. Once you figure out where a single bitcoin on the chain is, and who owned it, you can track it forever.

This is basically true, but also: scammers and grifters are often also morons and they brag about what they've done, spend their ill-gotten gains in obvious and stupid ways, try to hire FBI agents to murder their enemies, and otherwise make all the traditional investigation methods still work just fine.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Money has no value if these guys can steal 3.6 billion of it

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

I just assume the stupidest thing will happen in the stupidest way and then wait to find out reality is even stupider

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

I think they should be shot into space AND the crypto nerd victims should not get their choadcoins back because they aren’t real and they’re bullshit and they’re harming our environment irrevocably.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
they should get to keep the bitcoin because the bitcoin babies cry about how they want a currency free from any and all oversight and regulation and bitch this is what you get

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I got a job interview on Friday. It's with a major manufacturer for the stuff I used to sell and organise repair and installs of for my previous job. If successful I'd be in charge of coordinating their customer service staff for the entire state. It would be a bump in responsibilities and I would expect salary as well. I kind of wanted to get out of that industry but if I take a job now I'd be 10k ahead by saving some of my pay out, have about 30 mins more in commuting than I had previously and get money coming in.

Tough one. I was starting to get disheartened with the job hunt when this popped up. I applied Monday, had two phone conversations yesterday and and the interview is already set.

Also feeling pretty anxious having not done an interview for 10 years. I suppose if everything goes well and I don't feel it I can always continue searching in my off hours while I have a cheque coming in. Probably getting a little ahead of myself.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

If you got taken by these two mopes, your tax rate should be like 50%. You can't handle it and will just gently caress up so its better spent on things like stop signs and crosswalk paint.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Mr Sausage you absolute madman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6nVI0T8Or8

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Between the stack of WWI history books I’m slowly chewing through and the fly fishing I’ve just picked up I think it’s time for me to hit the accelerator straight into the grave. Aging like I drank from the wrong grail.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

I think this rocks

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/6925858776650157317

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Guze posted:

I just assume the stupidest thing will happen in the stupidest way and then wait to find out reality is even stupider

:hmmyes:

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Joey Freshwater posted:

Literally more stars than I’ve ever seen. Tonight is supposed to be clear again so I want to leave it out there and do a 30 min long exposure picture just to see how many stars it can pick up.

I woke up at one point and could see the moon out of our bedroom window and it was SO bright. I’d never seen it that bright before
From your first panorama vid it looks like you are at a high elevation up in the mountains. There's such a big difference in the sky between low elevation places and the mountains. There's a reason Montana is called Big Sky Country.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Qwijib0 posted:

starchat: Tucson being a dark sky city owns, we have spent many hours staring at the sky from our yard, and being able to drive 15 min to the desert and see even more is great. We're out of water though, so don't move here.

quailchat: it is always odd to see them fly. I know they can but it always seems unexpected.

i miss tucson so much. when i was younger it was a little too slow but right now it'd be ideal

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Been up since about 3:45 AM today and my 4-4:30 PM call has stretched into a 4-5 PM for no good reason and oh my God shut uuuuuuuuuupppppppppppppppppppppppp Jim

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

She eats and acts like an 8 year old

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

LeeMajors posted:

Between the stack of WWI history books I’m slowly chewing through and the fly fishing I’ve just picked up I think it’s time for me to hit the accelerator straight into the grave. Aging like I drank from the wrong grail.
WW1? Fly fishing? Mr. Hemingway, can you tell me more about your cats?

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I’d love to move to a slower pace kind of place, if:
1. I could keep my good job
2. I already had a significant other

Tucson sure is pretty tho

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Also would like to share that once again I don’t understand how crypto continues to be a thing despite all evidence that it’s dumb

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Also would like to share that once again I don’t understand how crypto continues to be a thing despite all evidence that it’s dumb

It’s half scammers and the other half are falling for the scam.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

we haven't run out of willful victims yet
we might never

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Bird in a Blender posted:

It’s half scammers and the other half are falling for the scam.

This is pretty much it. There are a lot of people holding bags that don't want to be.