Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I think my first three classes are going to be Paladin, Soulfist, and Scrapper. Gunlancer's up there, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

arbybaconator
Dec 18, 2007

All hat and no cattle

I'm in Austin, TX. Should I go East or West?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Hiro Protagonist posted:

FFXIV has tainted me, how's the game's story and lore?

The story presentation is leagues worse but its not that the actual story is insultingly bad and contradicting itself like in other MMOs.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

So what's the trick to making sure Steam starts unlocking a game quickly? Can't think of any time I've been sitting waiting for it to unlock.

gepgepgep
May 22, 2006
How friendly is this game if I want to play 5 hours/week? Am I going to never progress? Will I ever be viable in pvp matches?

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

arbybaconator posted:

I'm in Austin, TX. Should I go East or West?

try this and see what's better: https://www.cloudping.info/

also look to see where the goons you wanna play with are

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

gepgepgep posted:

How friendly is this game if I want to play 5 hours/week? Am I going to never progress? Will I ever be viable in pvp matches?

I think PvP is fully equalized so you don't have to worry about level, gear, or skill points to compete in PvP. Everyone's on the same footing there.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

ty

zhel
Aug 2, 2010

frajaq posted:

seems a lot of spanish streamers are going Regulus?

I have no idea. I was only responding to the Asmongold aspect since it was mentioned earlier.

I said come in! posted:

And it's not so much too that his community is toxic, but more so that his community is so gigantic that when he picks a server to play on, its overcrowded and has long queues. So its best to avoid those servers.

I totally get why we would want to avoid a community of that size. I just found it a little amusing that there was a swerve to avoid an accident that didn't actually happen.

Coincidentally, I have other friends that are rolling on Regulus so I guess I'll make characters there and Una and see how it plays out long term. Either way it's always fun to partake on MMO launch day!

arbybaconator
Dec 18, 2007

All hat and no cattle

Should we create our alts right away? To lock down names and such

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
getting close....

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Thanks for the love all. <3

But more importantly, yeah if you’re unsure of who you will play with or want to make new friends, head to Una. I know with the multiple discords, I feel most agreed to stick to Una now so we all have that same stomping grounds to play on in case friends quit the game or leave early. Let’s face it, a lot of folks will drop off.

And join the discords. Post here. One of the best parts of these games are if you stick around, you find a party of goons and people you like playing with in this and other games. I don’t know but that poo poo mattered to me when I was super active in gaming and here.

Oh!!! One last thing: we got a lot of folks who are idling these streams for the free drops. Do that if you care. Just sit idling and every 4 hours, claim a reward. They’re doing these for the next month.

Cheers and see ya all in game I can’t ruin this one because it’s already been out for 3 years+ YIPPEE(tape)!!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

6 minutes :f5:

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
Let's go guys! I can almost smell the fomo.

arbybaconator
Dec 18, 2007

All hat and no cattle

when does the play button become active?

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
Still says unavailable until Feb 11th, the deadline has come and gone. Amazon strikes again! Get a refund, citizen.

Extinguish
Jul 20, 2008
Thanks for compiling all that info OP. Looking forward to this launching in NA finally.

Aquila
Jan 24, 2003

Restart steam if this is happening

Xenthalon
Jun 28, 2010
Steam decryption download keeps timing out, oh man!

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

It crashed the steam download servers. Ain't nobody playin' this poo poo today.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Restarted and it’s there but keeps giving me a timeout error when trying to download.

Nothing surprising for launch minute I guess

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
Same timeout issue everyone else is having. I can't really play until tonight, but I wanted to launch it and make a character from work

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
This is a new one. I've been on for what must have been bigger releases and never seen steam's decryption fail

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
I am surprised this is popular enough to kill the whole of Steam. They must have sold a fuckton of founder's packs.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

dead gaben

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
I had a bunch of installed game updates that downloaded fine. My problem is lost ark specific. Everything else on steam seems ok :shrug:

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

RIP

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Substandard posted:

I had a bunch of installed game updates that downloaded fine. My problem is lost ark specific. Everything else on steam seems ok :shrug:

Guess I might as well start that 7 Days to Die update then

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...
Just a small indie game company moment. Time to :f5: the rest of the day.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Anarch posted:

Just a small indie game company moment. Time to :f5: the rest of the day.
If you hit download once it keeps automatically trying every 30s or so.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
Most of the streamers are getting online. Asmongold currently holding 200k viewers while he mashes the download button on Steam.

vhweltall
Jun 14, 2007
I can't wait to kill some dinosaurs.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Khorne posted:

If you hit download once it keeps automatically trying every 30s or so.

yeah but you can up your rpm by hammering the retry button on the downloads page

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?
Came home for lunch thought maybe I could get on for some names. My good luck at play again.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

I can't believe how smooth this launch was going to be then ICR signed up for the game and the cosmic yellow energy blew up steam's servers

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

going to need an update to thread title with the word 'allegedly'

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

God can you imagine if Amazon didn't set something up properly or whatever and this can't be released early?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am playing right now. Once you actually get the game launched, it runs just fine.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Anno posted:

God can you imagine if Amazon didn't set something up properly or whatever and this can't be released early?

I skimmed some streamers. Limit/Maximum didn't notice any trouble and got in with some of his team, they are speed leveling and skipping cutscenes as we speak. Cohh and Asmon meanwhile are sitting at the connection time out too. Anniefuchsia just got into char creation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

Anno posted:

I mean it seems like it's literally just steam servers getting blown up.