Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Ok please list celebs who have NFTs here

Name and shame and blame and defame

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3993030&perpage=40&noseen=1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

Crime on a Dime posted:

just post it itt

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Crime on a Dime posted:

we do not regret, we do not delete. expectorate us

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Sell this on opensea

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
pumpy

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?
Wait did jack black like an NFT shill?

"This is not the greatest song in the world, no, this is just a token"

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Aphex Twin: 26 NFTs for Cash

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Ghost Leviathan posted:

P sure this literally happened with bitcoin or something and so far the result is a shrug

Also vague promises that it'll get better in the future. Which, as we can see with Bitcoin, with 13 years of time and several forks, is still not at all a guarantee that problems will be solved.

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003

Fuss and misery
The solution so far is go back in the transaction history to a point prior to the bad thing and fork the blockchain there.
What about all the transactions after that? gently caress 'em, that's what.

Imagine getting paid in crypto, and then finding out that your latest paycheck no longer counts because some dipshit hosed up and your paycheck is now on the 'discarded' branch.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
https://twitter.com/EamonJavers/status/1491092102792749056

ChronoBasher
Jul 2, 2007
https://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonbrett/2022/02/07/fed-designs-digital-dollar-that-handles-17-million-transactions-per-second/

Notice the complete lack of blockchain or cryptocurrency.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa who said we needed more then 7 transactions per second with escalating fees? did no one consult the "experts"??????

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Could it be that an organization dedicated entirely to the understanding and production of the currency our nation uses as a medium for trade are better at this than some tech bros whose claim to fame is “I’m good at math?”

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Gutcruncher posted:

some tech bros whose claim to fame is “I’m good at math?”

They aren't, by the way.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

ultrafilter posted:

They aren't, by the way.

They are good at thinking they're good at math, though

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
I failed Calc 1 twice in college and I hate cryptocurrencies. Coincidence?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Crypto and NFTs are like baby's first pump-n-dump for rich kids whose dads work in finance.

Prior to this it was sneaker hoarding.

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

Yeah but what if I want to know everything a given wallet address has spent money on, e.g. like clothes, medicine, etc and what that currency was spent on before I got it, and before that, etc. The public must know this info, otherwise no one is accountable?

If the FED have created a digital currency that doesn't bother to pointlessly maintain a record of every single hand a given note has passed through then how good can it really be??? (just forget serial numbers exist please)

Also, surely the FED would create something that inextricably links you to distant transactions to show complicity in illegal activity, like - I dunno - a cryptocurrency that reveals that you stole 94,000 Bitcoin from somewhere and were trying to launder it.

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

It's an amusing irony of the "decentralised, unregulated future!" that the blockchain essentially involves everyone participating grassing on you for doing something illegal, and since the data can't be modified this is indisputable evidence that the Fed and co can use to prove your involvement in illegal activity, whereas if you just stuck to crusty old fiat you could (and people do) insulate yourself from prosecution by just washing it effectively.

dumby
Oct 25, 2007
yall acting like all guns are bad just cause SOME people use them for a FEW murders

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

https://twitter.com/kevincollier/status/1491107221857796097?t=S44lhnHhCM4FRvhYU-w9pg&s=19

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
That rap video is peak NFT. (No loving Talent)

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

https://twitter.com/tarunchitra/status/1491104365683552256

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Awful.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Hardawn posted:

I have "Fortuna Audax Iuvat" tattooed, I can't remember why I went with that one though

Name's Audax. Phidippus Audax.
(Arachnophobia warning.)

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I'm disappointed it was recovered, too.

At least with that much cryptocurrency suddenly injected back into circulation, the price should collapse. It's not like the price would go up on this news, that would be silly.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

It's going to be really good for crypto when this all gets cashed out at once.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

BoldFace posted:

In other news, Zuckerberg has added a social distancing option to his metaverse to reduce the number of gang rapes.

I saw this the other day and thought I'd try to read the original account, so I googled her name and found her Medium site immediately.

Ok, so she works for a different Metaverse company. Wonder what they're all about...

Oh. Of course. "The world's first Metacurrency designed to motivate kids to learn, earn, donate, and learn about the world around them."

Also, NFTs:

Halibut Barn
May 30, 2005

help
Wait, is this related to those tens of thousands of Bitfinex coins that were noticed being moved around just last week or so? If so, dang, it didn't take long to tie them to someone.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCwAH70r9xc

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

BoldFace posted:

In other news, Zuckerberg has added a social distancing option to his metaverse to reduce the number of gang rapes.

Maybe just don't program gang rape mechanics into the metaverse?

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Halibut Barn posted:

Wait, is this related to those tens of thousands of Bitfinex coins that were noticed being moved around just last week or so? If so, dang, it didn't take long to tie them to someone.

I think that was the feds seizing the coins

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

FogHelmut posted:

Maybe just don't program gang rape mechanics into the metaverse?

?????????

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
https://twitter.com/SwiftOnSecurity/status/1491136117626007552

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

so is this good for bitcoin because a big lump sum of bitcoin has been recovered that was previously lost or is this good for bitcoin because now it's in the federal government's hands, or is it good for bitcoin because it proves you can steal a bunch of it

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Cowcaster posted:

so is this good for bitcoin because a big lump sum of bitcoin has been recovered that was previously lost or is this good for bitcoin because now it's in the federal government's hands, or is it good for bitcoin because it proves you can steal a bunch of it

we will let The Market decide

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
https://twitter.com/WatcherGuru/status/1491118054750707720

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Have they thought about how much gas that will require for the number of transactions.

It’s a loving Alfa Romeo, :cmon:

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

There have been ways to look this up without blockchain forever.

I don’t know why I’m even annoyed at this point, of course whatever “new” thing is announced is just a worse version of an existing thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

priznat posted:

Have they thought about how much gas that will require for the number of transactions.

It’s a loving Alfa Romeo, :cmon:
Well if it was a normal car you wouldn't exactly need a Blockchain to tell you it went to the shop a few times over 20 years.