Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Carmant posted:

I mean it seems like it's literally just steam servers getting blown up.

Maybe? If they didn't blow up for Cyberpunk (like this at least) it seems kind of unlikely they would here? But if others are getting in then I guess it'll work for everyone eventually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
I thought about trying to delete the preload and download the whole thing again but I haven't tried it yet.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I'll be honest, I'm just impressed that they found a new way to gently caress up that they didn't already do with New World.

New World let you download and decrypt the client before launch. You could open it and just look at the empty server list if you wanted. The decision to not allow the client to decrypt until the exact moment of launch (or, y'know, head start) is absolutely bonkers and I can only vaguely guess as to why that's what they decided to do.

New World's launch was wildly hosed up (lmao 2000 player server cap) but this is a new one even for AGS.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

they should have unlocked a day before and left the servers offline

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Substandard posted:

I thought about trying to delete the preload and download the whole thing again but I haven't tried it yet.
Don't bother unless you're sure downloading would be faster than decrypting for you, you'll get the same connection error until you get lucky and the download actually starts.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Feb 8, 2022

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Khorne posted:

If you hit download once it keeps automatically trying every 30s or so.

Thank you for this, thought I would have to be spamming it all day.

edit: and the moment I posted it started unpacking.

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.
Someone checked something! Hurray

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

same

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Lmao, wonder who hosed up

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Okay now it's time for the game's login server to implode as everyone installs and rushes it

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
Yeah they flipped a switch, the gates are open.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
Now Steam gives me a perpetual "Disk Write Error".

I have plenty of drive space, and I just successfully downloaded and installed another game, so I have no idea what's going on with this.

Edit: Deleted the .\steamapps\depotcache contents and restarted Steam, and now I get a Missing File Permissions error when I try to download Lost Ark. Just for funsies I installed a couple of other games, and they work fine, so there's definitely something weird and sketchy with the way Lost Ark downloads are handled.

Edit edit: Installed on another drive, and it's working fine. Grrrrrr.

WhiteHowler fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Feb 8, 2022

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

Is everything in the big nerd founders pack account wide except the skin and consumables?

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Pretty massive queue on Una already. 2500+

It moves pretty quick but definitely people piling in.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

goty mmo 2022

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
Got in remotely, made a bunch of characters, accidentally logged out, there is a 3200 person queue. I'm at work anyway, so I'm not really playing until later tonight. I'm going to have to check in with you all or the discord to see what the queue times are like this evening so I can remote in and start waiting on the drive home.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I'm just glad I watched the hilarity of the New World release so I knew what to expect

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Game owns ya'll. The DX11 update is such a huge upgrade in frame rate compared to when I played on RU.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

what makes this different than Diablo

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Google Butt posted:

the name is different, for one

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Google Butt posted:

The endgame is an MMO where you run dailies to maximize your resources gain to upgrade your characters instead of being ungated map farming like most arpgs.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015

Google Butt posted:

It doesn't really play like Diablo at all other than being isometric and having monster clicking.

It has MMO style item progression rather than randomized prefix/suffix gear. Combat is more tactically paced, more about cooldown management and crowd control VS groups, and against bosses there are FF14 style ground attack patterns. There are proper MMO dungeons and raids, crafting and gathering. The game world is significantly larger and has more room for exploration rather than Diablo/PoE's focus on funneling you into procedural content after a brief campaign.

Snarxle
Apr 23, 2013

dreffen posted:

goty mmo 2022

goaty* mmo 2022

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Are any of the platinum pets better than the others? I just picked the white one because its cutest.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i watched the class vid

looks like im a soulfist so i can roleplay goku

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

fadam posted:

Are any of the platinum pets better than the others? I just picked the white one because its cutest.

it's $100 and you have to pick only one?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

This is a pretty drat smooth launch tbh

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
Clearly my skills as a MARVEL HEROES COSMIC PUNISHER player will be directly transferable to Artillerist

Tiny Timbs posted:

it's $100 and you have to pick only one?

I thought this was lame at first too but then I decided to look at it as a $70 currency pack that I'm going to buy over time anyway, attached to a $30 skin, mount, pet, character slot, and hella consumable pack. This is just to make myself feel better about whaling though.

Diephoon fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Feb 8, 2022

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Diephoon posted:

Clearly my skills as a MARVEL HEROES COSMIC PUNISHER player will be directly transferable to Artillerist

I heard you still can't drive the van.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I hate the fact that I want my characters to have actual names and not just, like, screen names because everything decent I can come up with is already taken :negative:

Snarxle
Apr 23, 2013

Harrow posted:

I hate the fact that I want my characters to have actual names and not just, like, screen names because everything decent I can come up with is already taken :negative:

https://www.fantasynamegenerators.com/

your only recourse in the face of dumb kmmo naming restrictions

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

MarcusSA posted:

This is a pretty drat smooth launch tbh

Agreed, no problems so far other than that Steam snafu. I suspect if they would have unlocked and let the servers stay offline until release it would have been pretty much perfect.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Took a longer lunch at home and was able to get in as soon as steam unfucked itself. 4000 queue took about 10 minutes to get through which is nice after FF14's marathons. Got 1 of my 3 favorite names at least, the others were gone already. Not too surprised, they are odd names, but there are a bajillion people even for the first hour of early access so they were bound to get snagged. Made 4 chars in case the east coast server fills up. Didn't have time for the west coast server I'll see what's left tonight. I usually play on west coast because its easier for me to stay up later to do group things than to get off work earlier, but the ping is a pretty big difference so thanks for posting that site.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Has anyone else tried to use Korean voiceover? I wanted to use it because I remembered the NA dub being pretty bad, but when I've tried using it all my combat sounds are just gone, not just my character barks but the sound from using skills, which seems rather weird and wanted to see if anyone else has seen the same issue.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
I'm like just finally looking into what this game is- and the first thing I note is that it's a korean studio MMO.

Is this game particularly grindy? I mean ARPGs and MMOs are of course traditionally somewhat grindy, but I feel like f2p Korean MMOs had a big reputation for that back in the day.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015

Revitalized posted:

I'm like just finally looking into what this game is- and the first thing I note is that it's a korean studio MMO.

Is this game particularly grindy? I mean ARPGs and MMOs are of course traditionally somewhat grindy, but I feel like f2p Korean MMOs had a big reputation for that back in the day.

Leveling content is extremely linear and fast, you will never be asked to run a circuit to kill thousands of goblins for 0.01% of a level to progress. Endgame content's main progression is on daily and weekly reward lockouts. There are a lot of different kind of activities you can do but AFAIK none of them are the traditional korean style of grind like in Lineage, Ragnarok, BDO, etc.

Scoss fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Feb 8, 2022

Tugboat Willy
Jun 9, 2004

Sitting in queue trying to figure out if I want to level Mage or Assassin first. :ohdear:

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Harrow posted:

I'm just sad they don't let you CamelCase your names. This is a real problem if you want to name everything like Xbox Gamertags and Steam names.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gishin
Jun 15, 2013

But... This... What is this practice for?

Xenthalon posted:

Steam decryption download keeps timing out, oh man!

I found preloading means I have to wait 10 times longer to play.