Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Omg the new theme

e: man swapping the order of the councilor tasks is really loving with my head haha. And the marshal's MaA discount is gone which hurts, but is probably a good change.

PittTheElder fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Feb 8, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Started as duke of Barcelona to try to make a hybrid culture in that little corner of Iberia and you can’t diverge or hybridize cultures if you’re French in the 867 start because it diverged from Frankish too recently. I should’ve had my Occitan mother convert my culture as a kid…

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

PittTheElder posted:

Omg the new theme

e: man swapping the order of the councilor tasks is really loving with my head haha. And the marshal's MaA discount is gone which hurts, but is probably a good change.

Didn't that just get moved to Organise Armies (the old Organise Levies) from Train Commanders (and, yes, nerfed a bit but it needed it)? I'm still updating my mods so I haven't gotten to boot up yet but my read of the patch notes suggests that's what happened.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

There's an army discount task, but based on pre-patch wordings I didn't expect it to apply to MaA, but I didn't test, could be wrong.

It's definitely a good split if that's what it is, previously Train Commanders was the only good Marshal task.

E: vvv oh that's an amazing improvement

PittTheElder fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Feb 8, 2022

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

One really nice feature of this patch is that the characters in the battle notifications ("our knight was wounded by...") are now clickable. Finally it's easy to pin the evildoer who murdered my favorite knight!

The character portraits still really bother me, though.

GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

"I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who beat you, and pray for them to beat the shit out of the Buckeyes" - The Book of Witten
Am I the only person having an issue with getting my in-game console to work outside of ironman? I'm not really sure why it's not coming up as I try to test things and I'm confused.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

I dislike how the court button is not just integrated into the sidebar UI and has a slightly different palette and style than the rest of the buttons.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

GO gently caress YOURSELF posted:

Am I the only person having an issue with getting my in-game console to work outside of ironman? I'm not really sure why it's not coming up as I try to test things and I'm confused.

Are you actually in debug mode?

GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

"I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who beat you, and pray for them to beat the shit out of the Buckeyes" - The Book of Witten

disaster pastor posted:

Are you actually in debug mode?

You must be in debug mode to do that? Got it. Thanks!

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N
My favorite patch-day activity: reading the bug report forum instead of actually playing the game.

quote:

I took the "Pay Homage" decision, but for some reason my character wound up at his own rather than his liege's court. He is stuck kneeling before his own (empty) throne. If I try to resume the event, the game will pause with the notification: "Paused by Event: Homage: Taking the Knee" (see third screenshot). I am then unable to continue the game, as I am unable to resolve the event.

quote:

I simply turned the game on and I knew there was something wrong because normally when I click the resume option in the launcher it loads the previous save but this time it loaded the main menu and my character wife and heir had no head.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I bought CK3 a week ago, I guess I should've waited for the expansion to drop, but oh well. This is my first time playing any of the CK games, so I'm learning my way through.

Had a weird thing happen to me though, and I'm wondering if it's because of the expansion. I was playing through my tutorial game, and was doing pretty well. Save it last night while in the middle of a war, and when I came back today, my save was all hosed up. It said the save was from a different version of CK. Armies were completely wiped out, my king looked different and died like immediately after starting. Essentially my whole game got completely ruined. Is there any saving this, or should I just move on?

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Bird in a Blender posted:

I bought CK3 a week ago, I guess I should've waited for the expansion to drop, but oh well. This is my first time playing any of the CK games, so I'm learning my way through.

Had a weird thing happen to me though, and I'm wondering if it's because of the expansion. I was playing through my tutorial game, and was doing pretty well. Save it last night while in the middle of a war, and when I came back today, my save was all hosed up. It said the save was from a different version of CK. Armies were completely wiped out, my king looked different and died like immediately after starting. Essentially my whole game got completely ruined. Is there any saving this, or should I just move on?

You could try rolling back to 1.4.4 on Steam (right click CK3, properties, betas, scroll down) and disabling Royal Court if you have it. But yeah generally big expansions are super hit or miss when loading previous saves.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

There's a big post up on the official forums that so much changed that they fully expect that saves from before the patch will fail in surprising and catastrophic ways.

If you have a save game from before the update you can probably roll back the game version, but if it resaved on exit in the patch you can't go back.

wit
Jul 26, 2011

This is the paradox way which is brutal given most of their good games you sink days into a play. They only do it when big updates happen though. So many dead royals on the steam forums now. Vive la revolution!

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

quote:

- When the Papacy is dismantled, the Pope now loses all her cash

Hmm...

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Ah thanks for the help. I’ll probably just move on since I was thinking about starting from scratch anyway. Glad to know it was something on my end at least.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
I had a game going that I was ready to throw out once Royal Court released so I loaded it up to see how messed up it was and yep my ruler despite being 24 years old is on deaths door lol.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

wit posted:

This is the paradox way which is brutal given most of their good games you sink days into a play. They only do it when big updates happen though. So many dead royals on the steam forums now. Vive la revolution!

They're pretty good about advertising it though, and I'd much rather they invest time into new stuff than test save game porting.

When in doubt just stay up till 2am the night before release to finish your ill advised last second Mother of Us All run :v:

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Held court.

Man wanted to rummage in my trash heap for skulls. Told him no. Woke up to him holding a blade to my throat and saying he'd just take mine then. Offered him a job, liked that he showed initiative.

Only a few typos so far.

Nubian culture rules. Warrior Queens babbyyy!

tqilamknbrd
Jun 6, 2009

your circumcision honestly disgusts me

pidan posted:

Something has changed about how the characters are rendered, maybe the skin texture / eyes. At first glance I really hate it, closed the game for now. Maybe I'll get used to it as time goes on.

yeah i was expecting the usual model changes but there’s something really off about this and it’s causing me a lot of discomfort lmao

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

tqilamknbrd posted:

yeah i was expecting the usual model changes but there’s something really off about this and it’s causing me a lot of discomfort lmao

I find this didn't hit all ethnicities equally, so you could click around the map a bit until you find an area with mostly ok looking people. Europeans and some others look really bad now though. For one thing, all the women seem to be wearing winged eyeliner.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

The ability to pet your dog to lose stress makes all the other issues acceptable.

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!
Is there a skill tree node that lowers the cost of culture changes the way there are for religion reformations? I looked, but I didn't see one (maybe missed it).

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

You can put a hedgehog on your coat of arms.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
So does anyone else get massive stuttering and framerate drops since royal court dropped? It's a straight up slideshow

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

BigPaddy posted:

The ability to pet your dog to lose stress makes all the other issues acceptable.

I hate getting pets in this game because they will eventually die and I don’t want that.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
Help, the cupbearer keeps drinking all my Toddy.

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003

Deltasquid posted:

So does anyone else get massive stuttering and framerate drops since royal court dropped? It's a straight up slideshow

The game burns my 3060Ti unless I turn Advanced Shader Effects off, which incidentally makes the map look almost worse than CK2.

Sheep fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Feb 9, 2022

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
Does anyone find the vassals much more hard to handle? I had 3 vassals who all had 55-65 in relationship with me start a war for my crown. I thought I read in the patchnotes that it shouldn't be like that? They were all of my family, brothers even, same culture, same language.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

I think there were patch notes both about factions being more and less likely to get uppity depending on the situation.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

My son keeps forming a faction against me only to disband it instantly. This happens a few times each month. Very bizarre.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

The Pope is my court jester, my work here is done.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

SirPhoebos posted:

My son keeps forming a faction against me only to disband it instantly. This happens a few times each month. Very bizarre.

PAY ATTENTION TO ME, DAD

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

SlothBear posted:

Held court.

Man wanted to rummage in my trash heap for skulls. Told him no. Woke up to him holding a blade to my throat and saying he'd just take mine then. Offered him a job, liked that he showed initiative.

Only a few typos so far.

Nubian culture rules. Warrior Queens babbyyy!

Is the matrilineal ai fixed finally? My memory of trying to do any kind of enatic playthrough is just a nightmare of none of my vassals or heirs marrying matrilineally.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Maybe its just because I started in Sri Lanka but India is an absolute snoozefest. Gonna try something with a little more action tomorrow.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

Hmm, looks like Horse Archers are their own unit type now, Archer Cavalry, meaning you can't blast their stats to the moon with Military Camps (or any building at all that I can see?) now.

e: also I started as a count, invited Champions, and all three of them cost >100 gold to recruit. Guess I'm not hiring y'all

PittTheElder fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Feb 9, 2022

BigRoman
Jun 19, 2005
Been a while since I played this game. Did they get rid of the romance plot? I'm not seeing it as an option for my new bride.

Fists Up
Apr 9, 2007

Getting a lot of crashes today with the expansion. It's now up to every 5 minutes or so.

BigRoman posted:

Been a while since I played this game. Did they get rid of the romance plot? I'm not seeing it as an option for my new bride.

Pretty sure you have to unlock it as a talent if you're talking about romancing to become a soulmate. I think it's in intrigue.

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

Isn’t that a seduction trait?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

BigRoman posted:

Make sure your sexuality is compatible.