Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Prof. Crocodile posted:

Surely some incarnation of lance henrisken gets properly killed by a xenomorph at some point? It seems so unlikely that he wouldn’t. Maybe even in millennium?

Lance Henriksen has been killed by a Terminator (The Terminator) and by a Predator (AvP1) and by a Warrant Officer (Alien 3).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
He doesn't die in Alien 3.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
His hopes and dreams take a bit of a hit though.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Pennywise the Frown posted:

He doesn't die in Alien 3.

He gets unplugged by Ripley.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Xenomrph posted:

He gets unplugged by Ripley.

Oh duh. I was thinking of the real Bishop at the end.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Android Apocalypse posted:

I just watched The Terminator instead of going to the gym this morning because I couldn't find my Bluetooth headphones that I use to listen to yelling sportswriter podcasts while getting sick gainz.

It was Alien/Aliens that got me into reaction videos in the first place, but it was The Terminator that kept me around. And Blazing Saddles

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

*tips fedora* s'gourdney

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Doctor Dogballs posted:

*tips fedora* s'gourdney

Holy poo poo

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Doctor Dogballs posted:

*tips fedora* s'gourdney

yeah that's the stuff

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Has anyone gotten their Nerf M41A Pulse Rifles yet? I was just thinking about that - it's been more than six months since the preorder and I haven't heard anything.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Mister Speaker posted:

Has anyone gotten their Nerf M41A Pulse Rifles yet? I was just thinking about that - it's been more than six months since the preorder and I haven't heard anything.

ETA October according to the Hasbro Pulse app.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Doctor Dogballs posted:

*tips fedora* s'gourdney

:prettygood:

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Mister Speaker posted:

That reminds me every time I see this browsing Evike I have to remind myself the types of airsoft events I'm most likely to do are milsim or historical milsim. Hell there's even a big annualzombie one. Bit sadly no one going balls out on an alien themed one.

https://www.evike.com/products/63887/

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Owlbear Camus posted:

That reminds me every time I see this browsing Evike I have to remind myself the types of airsoft events I'm most likely to do are milsim or historical milsim. Hell there's even a big annualzombie one. Bit sadly no one going balls out on an alien themed one.

Anyone who gets mad at you showing up to zombiefest with a pulse rifle deserves to be shoved in a locker.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/TheGr8Aspie/status/1493092349529968640?s=20&t=mlP0ZmAlH4GqgYz4zkysyQ

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Owlbear Camus posted:

Don't get into milsim airsoft, it's a 'sport' full of hothead manchildren delusionally optimistic about their chances in a real firefight. Just dress up and go to cons instead.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
wouldnt an alien themed airsoft event basically be a bunch of people standing back to back firing indiscriminately at nothing, possibly shouting let's rock

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Mister Speaker posted:

Don't get into milsim airsoft, it's a 'sport' full of hothead manchildren delusionally optimistic about their chances in a real firefight. Just dress up and go to cons instead.

This does however mean that you can accurately walk around asking them if they’ve ever been mistaken for men.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Mister Speaker posted:

So a bunch of Hudsons then?

Maybe it's just the crew I roll with but we're just dudes who like to dress up and play with toy guns.

Owlbear Camus fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Feb 14, 2022

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Eau de MacGowan posted:

wouldnt an alien themed airsoft event basically be a bunch of people standing back to back firing indiscriminately at nothing, possibly shouting let's rock

Yes but u gotta have one super sweaty guy on the radio all NO GODDAMMIT

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Yes but u gotta have one super sweaty guy on the radio all NO GODDAMMIT

"I need you to hand all your high caps over to the squad leader. Mid caps only. And no EG-67s or shower shells."

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Owlbear Camus posted:

So a bunch of Hudsons then?

Maybe it's just the crew I roll with but we're just dudes who like to dress up and play with toy guns.

I'm just imagining you as an Owlbear Camus airsofter.

Which is absurd.

Don't look at me like that, my meat would taste of pennies and Gauloises Blondé.

Greggster
Aug 14, 2010

Eau de MacGowan posted:

So a rock concert?

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

Not gonna lie, it'd be pretty funny to dress up a CPAP mask as a facehugger, though I expect it would be too hard to actually sleep with the thing on.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
a gamedev that's been thinking about aliens

https://twitter.com/DoomCube/status/1489352248689926152?t=5_TaSIWM5opgXUtPbGgNKA&s=19

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

That fixed-camera poo poo was the wooooooorst. I watched a thing awhile back about how the original Resident Evil dev team made up the gimmick as a workaround to save space and loading time-- the environments were just big lens-warped jpgs in the background of each shot instead of actual rendered 3D environments, hence the stupid door animations every 30 seconds to load up the next room. I know the series has a devoted following but I got through like two hours of the first one and wrote it off as completely unplayable.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Mister Speaker posted:

Read this as "nihilism airsoft".

Anyway, anyone on the Aliens Fireteam discord? Got a couple of bugs to report and I don't like putting my phone number in things.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

this just showed up on my local facebook market. i mean ive been wanting to get a pepper cannon but just get a load of these bad boys

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

numberoneposter posted:

this just showed up on my local facebook market. i mean ive been wanting to get a pepper cannon but just get a load of these bad boys

These will go great with my milk jug shaped like Ian Holm’s head.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Prof. Crocodile posted:

These will go great with my milk jug shaped like Ian Holm’s head.

Pics please

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
We got something new, from the comic:

A new Alien has been shown and it's not at all typical. In fact it's an suction eelish thing with very frontward sharp teeth and pointed legs that it runs on up front. I forget what the official term for that is. These things don't burst out of people, they exit peoples mouths. And go in them as well. In the Hive there's new waspish like nest which I'm guessing they came from. It might be what happens to other alien(not the bad ones) get infected. One animal was shown earlier that is definitely not Earthish.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

The Last Call posted:

We got something new, from the comic:

A new Alien has been shown and it's not at all typical. In fact it's an suction eelish thing with very frontward sharp teeth and pointed legs that it runs on up front. I forget what the official term for that is. These things don't burst out of people, they exit peoples mouths. And go in them as well. In the Hive there's new waspish like nest which I'm guessing they came from. It might be what happens to other alien(not the bad ones) get infected. One animal was shown earlier that is definitely not Earthish.

poo poo Weasels?

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

I know I'm sure hoping we get scenes of people having uncontrollable stanky farts until the alien chews its way out of their butts

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Hopefully this new Alvarez movie Scott is producing will cross over with this lmao

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

A bit different, though I could easily see them coming out or going up someones rear end. I can't find any screenshot of them, best I can do is post a page with some of those waspish nest in it:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I used to read trash genre fiction back in high school and I read one where people worshipped the xenomorphs and even volunteered to be incubated. In recent years, it has proven to be surprisingly prescient

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Milo and POTUS posted:

I used to read trash genre fiction back in high school and I read one where people worshipped the xenomorphs and even volunteered to be incubated. In recent years, it has proven to be surprisingly prescient

That's the one where Earth is taken over by the xenomorphs. It even has Ripley.

Except the ones where they replace her with a similar character due to Alien 3

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

Milo and POTUS posted:

That was likely the novelisation of the first Aliens comic book, which now and forever is the One True Sequel to Aliens.

It works because there’s only so many stories you can do with aliens as a threat. Been slowly reading through a pile of aliens comics and the sheer number of “spaceship crashes in remote place and group has to deal with with minor outbreak and only NAMED CHARACTER survives…”

Alien was a slasher movie in space.
Aliens was a war film.
Aliens Book One (comic) was a disaster movie.

It was the only logical place for the series to go next, it had to be a large inhabited planet falls to the aliens, and it had to be Earth. At this point there are human colonies everywhere, and aliens are just animals with no way to get around. Once you’ve had a planetary scale disaster, you’d have quarantine procedures in place to make sure it doesn’t happen on that scale again (human intervention aside, which is where future stories can still get interesting).

It’s a shame Earth War as the final part of the comic trilogy poo poo the bed, but that first two books really took what came before and understood where it needed to go next.

In 2022, the “low level psychic energy” needed by the captured queen to buy into the idea of welcoming incubation isn’t even needed. It could be speculated, but people really just are that bugnuts crazy that they’d think it’s worth going along with.

Man, the Aliens films need a “no, those other sequels didn’t count” continuity reset the way the Terminator films got one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I also read one where they go on a space station with like a park on it and some guy is used as bait so they can find their hive