Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Yank=Septic Tank=Seppo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Plenty of self-described bogans out there. Not me but, I'm an ocker.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

A bogan is like a derro, which is sorta like a houseo

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
Could be a gronk

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Infinitum posted:

A bogan is like a derro, which is sorta like a houseo

:hmmyes: [pretending i know wtf you're talking about]

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Free NVJ and I'll tell you all about aus hey mate. Fucken anything you wanna know I reckon.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
A bogan can be a derro, a gronk, and a houseo at the same time. The one unifying characteristic is that they're all poo poo cunts.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Nah some bogans are pretty top cunts hey.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I think hot cocoa is Italian fellas

And bogan is a culture, an insult, an aesthetic, ethos, it's a vibe, it's Mabo. I rest my case.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
silly old bugger/stupid old hippy

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

ili posted:

Nah some bogans are pretty top cunts hey.

wrong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qA8gJoT5yl4

Strong Convections
May 8, 2008
The only truth I can think that applies in all cases is that an authentic bogan would never call themselves one. Lack of self awareness is key.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug
Best parmy I've had was at the George in Bungendore. Topping was merely good but the schnit was next level.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Threw a ball back into a schoolyard over a fence and had about 50 12 year olds erupt in cheers, I haven't felt this alive in a long time

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug

Caesar Saladin posted:

Threw a ball back into a schoolyard over a fence and had about 50 12 year olds erupt in cheers, I haven't felt this alive in a long time

:3:

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Wait so is Neighbors just gonna… end. Or will they rewrite the final eps to wrap up all the loose threads/prepare for Toadfish spinoff?

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Toadfish is going to crack it and kill everyone

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Harold Bishop activates the infinity stones and destroys half of all life on Ramsey Street

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Harold Bishop activates the infinity stones and destroys half of all life on Ramsey Street

He's trying to bring Madge back

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Worst parma I ever had was also one of the most expensive
At the Pascoe Vale hotel in like 2005, it was 30 bucks or something

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

I like this seppo can we keep the oval office?

no seppos. anyone but the seppos

e: 9 times out of 10 parmies are just gross greasy congealed messes. always go a schnitty over a parmy

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

first time at a place get the schnitty, confirm it with a parm on a repeat visit

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Caesar Saladin posted:

nothing is more intoxicating than the adoration of a crowd.

see also: popping a mono on your pushie, doing a burnout, sick guitar solo.

e: coincidentally, all things bogans love.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
I'd prefer a war between home and away and neighbours that ends both shows.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

ili posted:

Yeah it's been fucken freezing ay. Summer my hairy arse.

Problem is you let one in then a bunch more turn up, raving about wombats, their lovely overly sweet food and how saying oval office is literal violence.

Figured you for a Jimboomba boy, not sute how that ranks compared to Caboolture.

i've lived out in west logan for a bit. Caboolture is a bit more suburban, a waterway full of shopping trollies, kids on bikes that rob you etc. Jimboomba is more country-lite, horse people, kids on bikes that call you human being and throw poo poo at you etc.

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

I've always thought that the term bogan implied some amount of likeability and harmlessness. The lack of self awareness is part of that.

I'd rather be a bogan than be in a ska band tbh.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Bill Posters posted:

I'd rather be a bogan than be in a ska band tbh.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

stirlo posted:

Lol its actually difficult to get a good pub schnitzel - Parma or traditional meal in general within about 50km of the city :( our fav local went from $8 for a schnitzel and a pot + chips to $40~~ overnight when the owners left …

loving hell yeah $8 for a schnitty and chips and a pot that's the goods

If only :(

Prosciutto/pancetta on a schnitty is incredibly loving sick

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

well why not posted:

first time at a place get the schnitty, confirm it with a parm on a repeat visit

I used to go to a lot of pubs with visible stink and this was basically his MO but with a parmy instead of schnitty. If they can't do a parmy they've got gently caress all hope of being any good

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

McSpergin posted:

loving hell yeah $8 for a schnitty and chips and a pot that's the goods

If only :(

Prosciutto/pancetta on a schnitty is incredibly loving sick

no idea how they are doing $8 for that. you cant even get a schooner in the RSL for less than $5 these days.

from working in a bowlo for a few years, even charging $26 members price for a parmy was oeprating at a loss.

stirlo
Aug 12, 2007
^ subsidised by a TAB; full of quite ancient blokes often fighting each other too with full glasses of beer in their hands

It was a great pub before it was gentrified; if you didnt need the “fancy” tables it was way more fun and about 1/4 the prices, though you would avoid the TAB bar area if you didnt want beer all over you

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

stirlo posted:

^ subsidised by a TAB; full of quite ancient blokes often fighting each other too with full glasses of beer in their hands

It was a great pub before it was gentrified; if you didnt need the “fancy” tables it was way more fun and about 1/4 the prices, though you would avoid the TAB bar area if you didnt want beer all over you

we had 160 pokies, you best believe they were subsidizing the $28 loss-leader schnitties.

(they were still pre-made frozen schnitties too)

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
i've never had a parma with ham on it because thought of mixing pork and chicken bothers me for some reason

is the ham hot? like a yumbo?

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

We must never speak of this!
I do miss the old kitchen at The White Cockatoo in Petersham, so much drat chicken you always had to take half it home with you.

Back when the place was painted green and had a smoking area.

Now it's this horrible grey and black because the in thing right now is painting heritage buildings in lovely monochrome.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Last parmy I had was at a place called the last local, and it came out with two full sized pieces of chicken. drat near couldn't finish it all.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

SuddenCactus posted:

i've never had a parma with ham on it because thought of mixing pork and chicken bothers me for some reason

is the ham hot? like a yumbo?

its on top of a fried chicken breast and under melted cheese mate. if the ham isnt hot you are going to have bigger issues.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Getting a +1.5 prescription for my wraparound mirrored sunnies

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Last parma i had was at The Sporting Globe. Very filling, had it for lunch and was too full for dinner that evening

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Last parma i had was at The Sporting Globe. Very filling, had it for lunch and was too full for dinner that evening

These things are everywhere right?

my mate goes to the one in Ballarat all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

EoinCannon posted:

At the Pascoe Vale hotel in like 2005, it was 30 bucks or something

loving Pascoe Vale.