Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Mx. posted:

AITA I fed my son curry rice

what the actual gently caress

This... This is abuse, right?

Like, straight up, no fooling abuse?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

ad090 posted:

AITA for sitting back and doing nothing when mom told my wife that she'd take us to court for grandparents right?

I am going through this exact situation, only thankfully my wife and I are on the same page and they haven't taken us to court yet.

gently caress this stupid rear end in a top hat, I hope he dies alone

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum

Mx. posted:

that guy is such a loving rear end in a top hat

like his mum is literally threatening to try to take custody of his kids in family court because they're moving away...
I can't wait for this to go to court.

"Excuse me, judge. Mom and my wife are both adults. I don't see why you need to pick a side and play referee here."

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

WaywardWoodwose posted:

I was told that making love to a woman was like working in a factory. Do your best, but eventually you will be replaced by a machine or a foreigner.

Associates will talk about how good the last guy in that position was while glossing over the massive problems that caused them to be let go. Who cares that he was usually too drunk to do the job properly, he was a laugh at parties!

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Dazerbeams posted:

How long has the dad been married to the mom? And he waited until his son's WEDDING to declare his intention to divorce this woman? Dad's a selfish piece of poo poo. OP's wife has every right to be pissed that the parents of the groom decided to end their marriage right at the beginning of hers. The mom might be a terrible partner but she got blindsided and understandably went to her parents for support.

He didn’t announce it. He asked her if she loved him more than her job, and she replied that he mush know she wasn’t capable of loving anyone more than her job. So he handed her his wedding ring. That’s not an announcement and he had asked her a softball question that was fishing for/asking for some shoe of affection on the day that they are watching their son make his own commitment to love, honor, and respect someone. And she poo poo all over him.

Alchenar posted:

At strongest Grandparent's rights extend to the right to visit and have contact with the grandkids, which they have to facilitate themselves. Grandma is making a dumb empty threat anyway.

I think in most of not all states, if a couple are still married and both alive there ain’t gonna be any grandparents rights.

Mx. posted:

I really hope this is fake because it sounds like some really hosed yo Munchausen by proxy adjacent poo poo. She’s doping the kid up and arresting his development. If real, OP should take the kid, file a TRO, and disappear.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Bruceski posted:

Associates will talk about how good the last guy in that position was while glossing over the massive problems that caused them to be let go. Who cares that he was usually too drunk to do the job properly, he was a laugh at parties!

Holy poo poo

sootikins
May 24, 2008

Did I ever. Remember it as if it were yesterday. Soon as I woke, I went to empty my bowels - my favorite part of the day. Defecatin' to the sunrise - downright glorious.
I don't care if this one's fake, it's funny

AITA For not "toning down" my relationship?

quote:

For consensual reasons, I'm going to ask that minors do not interact with this post.

I and my wife have been together for eighteen years (married for fourteen) and have been engaging in a bdsm style dynamic for the last twelve. With this style of relationship comes a lot of atypical behaviours, although it is all fully consensual. Within our home I follow her rules. Its very simple. This lifestyle isnt for everyone.

My sister and parents recently moved to the town we live in. Which is fine. They are aware of the base natures of my relationship (a few misunderstandings led to me explaining it to them) and so I assumed it wouldnt be a problem.

First issue was my collar - its pretty inconspicuous, but little kids notice everything. My nephew asked about it, I simply told him it was a necklace my wife got for me. He was fine with it, but later my mom pulled me aside and asked if I'd consider taking it off when around the kids. To which I said no - I havent taken it off in ten years. They dont know what it means, it doesnt matter.

She got annoyed but dropped it. I didnt see them for a few weeks.

Well, four days ago all of them (parents, sister, five niblings) showed up at my door. Which is a big no-no anyway, but hey ho.

Obviously our home is not at all child friendly. In the slightest. With five kids under ten it was a little alarming. I tried to send them away, but it didnt really work. They're very pushy.

Setting the scene; large dog crate in the corner, pet bed next to my wifes seat. A few dog toys about. We do not have a dog.

Kids get excited and ask where the dog is. I tell them we just babysit a friends dog. Parents and sister are very displeased but do not leave. I get them out as soon as possible. However, during the visit, I did sit myself on the pet bed (where I sit all the time - muscle memory).

Naturally after they left I got angry messages, stating that I was being wildly inappropriate, and need to "tone it down". I got pretty angry, stated I can do as I please in my own home, and owe them nothing in regards to my relationship. They chose to come into my home and not leave when they saw our choice of furniture.

They're still pissed, and I get it - kids shouldnt be exposed to that. But I dont ever have kids in my house, and they showed up unexpectedly.

I dont feel like I need to tone down my relationship and thus my home for them when they shouldnt of been in my house in the first place.

Still, they are very unhappy, and now I'm feeling like this was my fault and I should be more mindful. AITA?

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for insisting that my boyfriend pay me for breaking my $3,500 model ship?

This is why we can't have nice things. Murder the boyfriend and all his worthless friends.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan
R/relationships: large dog crate in the corner, pet bed next to my wifes seat. A few dog toys about. We do not have a dog.

Too long?

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

teen witch posted:

r/r: dystopian climax contest with a hyper-sexualised vacuum cleaner

a gleaming model XQJ-37 nuclear-powered Pan-Sexual Roto-Plooker named SY BORG

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Soylent Pudding posted:

I lost my mom in September and have a couple of little decorative things of hers that would be irreplaceable. If someone broke one in such a malicious way I'd probably end up in jail.

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard

Neito posted:

This... This is abuse, right?

Like, straight up, no fooling abuse?

The unlabeled pills are :wtf: but for a 3 year old the child's height and weight look fine

Baby Center

code:

3 years	  boys                                girls
Weight 	  31 lb 12oz (14.4 kg)	    30 lb 10 oz (13.9 kg)
Height     3 ft 2 in (95.3 cm)       3 ft 1 in (94.2 cm)

Not letting the kids feed themselves is also messed up but some cultures hand-feed much longer than others

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Mx. posted:

This reminds me of that post about the guy who's wife was suspiciously adamant that he never be alone with their kid, and it turned out that she was completely whacked out crazy and thought he was some kind of diaper snoofing pervert because she saw him picking up diapers from the tipped over trash, then basically kidnapped the kid and tried speeding off until the cops found them.

There is something really weird going on here, and this guy had better get on it before psycho mom absconds with their kid or ends up hurting someone.

The_Franz fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Feb 9, 2022

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Mx. posted:

Time to call the loving police.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

The_Franz posted:

This reminds me of that post about the guy who's wife was suspiciously adamant that he never be alone with their kid, and it turned out that she was completely whacked out crazy and thought he was some kind of diaper snoofing pervert because she saw him picking up diapers from the tipped over trash, then basically kidnapped the kid and tried speeding off until the cops found them.

There is something really weird going on here, and this guy had better get on it before psycho mom absconds with their kid or ends up hurting someone.

Pamp snoofing is a serious accusation.

Daduzi posted:

Buckle in for a hell of a ride:

My [35 M] wife [32 F] of five years is choosing to place our son [3 months M] in daycare even though we agreed that she would stay home with him.

Update 1

Update 2

Blastedhellscape
Jan 1, 2008

Mx. posted:

Yikes. *Best* case scenario here is that there's some sort of developmental disability thing going on with this kid and the mother is hiding it from her husband for some misguided reason. Which is terrible but...not as dark as the other options.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Me 35-40 M with 35-40 F for 3 years, said when I kiss it feels like "slimy lizard tongue."

quote:

OK, so.... last night we went to bed, and we were kissing, and I was telling her how much I wanted her, because I did. We were kissing side-by-side, and then she made a sound that indicated something gross has occurred, so I straddled her and said "OK, out with it, what did I do?" in a mock-stern way. I knew I had done something to bother her, and I wanted to know what it was so I didn't do it again.

"Sometimes when you kiss me it feels like a slimy lizard tongue in my mouth," she said.

No sex was had, we went to sleep. I felt very hurt and humiliated. I understand that people like to be kissed in different ways, and that sometimes you are with someone who does things when they kiss you that you simply do not like. I have zero issue being told to not do something.

But "slimy lizard tongue"? That made me feel absolutely disgusting. I'm feeling incredibly hurt and insecure right now. Like, I am getting teary. Now I feel afraid to kiss her, and I am remembering all these past things, like earlier this week she did this exaggerated wipe off when we were kissing, and told me my kissing was too wet.

I am sure I sound like a sloppy dog when I kiss and you probably feel sorry for my partner. And I leave open the possibility that I am a terrible kisser. But let me be defensive and insecure for a moment: I have made out with a lot of people over the years. I have had people tell me they love the way I kissed them. I have even politely given feedback to a couple people who were -- for me -- terrible, disgusting kissers, women with very aggressive tongues that jammed into my mouth, and solicited criticism of my own kissing in the process so as to soften my critique (ex. "can we share how we each like to be kissed? I like X, you do Y, I know a lot of people like Y, but can we try X? And please tell me if I do anything you don't like or if there is something to do differently, and of course, if you seriously love Y, let's do a mix of XY"). A few other times I have talked with people about how they like to be kissed, and we have made out for hours, and they professed to enjoy the experience and to continue to see me. Though I admit, these events happened awhile ago. BUt I kiss my partner in a pretty neutral, responsive way. I kind of mimic what she is doing for 80% of it.

I feel like I should honestly describe how I kiss, and what she was unhappy with, to the best of my ability. This is weird, but let me try. I always make sure my breath is fresh -- I don't mind my partner having bad breath, but I know she would be unhappy if I did. When I kiss my partner, I usually will kiss closed mouth a few times, less than ten, until she opens her mouth a bit, then we will kiss open mouthed, not necessarily with tongue. At some point her tongue will present itself, and our tongues will touch as we kiss. I am def very careful about not cramming my tongue into her mouth or being hard or forceful or anything. Honestly, my mouth is kind of on autopilot while I try to show appreciation for other parts of her body and possibly talk to her a bit, letting her know I think she is sexy and how much I want her, blah blah. What she objected to was this: when our mouths are open, sometimes I do other things, like gently bite her lip, suck her lip slightly, OR IN THIS CASE, quickly nip my tongue over to her tongue and give it a tiny lick. IDK where I picked that up, someone probably did it once to me and I kinda liked it or something. I imagine it as playful. It isn't hard, and it is for a split second.

So I'd like to know a couple things:

(1) is there something wrong with how I kiss based on the description? I need to know.

(2) Am I overreacting to her phrasing of "slimy lizard tongue"? Do people say things like this to their partners and it is ok?

One reason I may be overreacting: since we began dating, we have always struggled to connect physically. We both enjoyed sex in the beginning of the relationship, and had it every time we saw one another, like many couples do I suppose, and sometimes she would walk over to me and kiss me out of the blue, and I loved it. But then I noticed we would only have sex if I initiated, so like an idiot, I let that worry me, and I decided to wait for her to want sex, and then we went months without having sex, and that hosed everything up. Now we struggle to have that natural, happy sex rhythm that exists in relationships. So on the one hand our infrequent sex life plays on my insecurities, and I quietly worry that my partner isn't sexually attracted to me. With this already in my mind, she told me I remind her of a slimy lizard tongue when we kissed last night. How do I fix this, both in my own head and with her?

(3) with that as context, am I being paranoid and insecure, or does it sound like she isn't attracted to me anymore?

tl;dr: My gf told me when we kiss sometimes it feels like a "slimy lizard tongue" is inside her mouth. Am I being too sensitive to be really hurt by how she phrased that, and how do I go about resolving this so I don't feel like a total disgusto?

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Blastedhellscape posted:

Yikes. *Best* case scenario here is that there's some sort of developmental disability thing going on with this kid and the mother is hiding it from her husband for some misguided reason. Which is terrible but...not as dark as the other options.

Is "I'm not letting you interact with our child alone and hiding everything from you and still mashing up food for a three year old" really any better than a PPD-induced nightmare?

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

sephiRoth IRA posted:

R/relationships: large dog crate in the corner, pet bed next to my wifes seat. A few dog toys about. We do not have a dog.

Too long?

r/relationships: we don't have a dog

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Not cheating if its not PIV but I can't do it

quote:

Hello everyone.

I (m20) have been with my GF (f23) for 8 months. Things are going well for us but recently she brought up a weird topic. She thinks its not cheating if its not PIV and want this "rule" in our relationship. She is already guilty of doing stuff because she believes in this. At first I thought this was bizarre but I agreed because the idea seemed interesting and I can't know if I hate it without trying. The problem is that I can't do it because she says its different when she does it compared to me. Seems like hypocrisy to me. I asked her why she thinks its different and her response is always "because it is". I don't want to be with her if she thinks this is okay way of thinking. I'm a little confused right now regarding the whole situation. What do all of you think?

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

I'm bad with money and you have an avatar!

ad090 posted:

AITA for sitting back and doing nothing when mom told my wife that she'd take us to court for grandparents right?

it absolutely loving floors me that people voluntarily practice family law. imagine getting stuck in the middle of that.

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

olylifter posted:

it absolutely loving floors me that people voluntarily practice family law. imagine getting stuck in the middle of that.
Some family lawyers have an rear end in a top hat rate that makes up for dealing with that poo poo, if they even entertain taking the case. Most won’t.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

olylifter posted:

the ppl practicing family law are the ones who get to tell grandma, definitively and authoritatively, to go get hosed. i imagine that moments like that make it all worthwhile

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

The Maroon Hawk posted:

R/Relationships: The Three Vibrator Problem

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
am i (26F) reading too much into her (25F) messages?

quote:

i’ve used a language learning app (that functions like your standard social media) on and off for years now and decided to redownload it a couple months ago. i’ve been out of high school since 2014 and have lost a lot of motivation—hence why i haven’t even come close to mastering my target language(s).

i met persimmon (name changed in case she somehow sees this) not very long ago—a little less than two weeks. we’ve been chatting daily and she recently asked me if i’d add her on a messaging app (that i already had) because it’s hard to keep track of conversations on the language learning app—for context, i have nearly 400 unopened messages.

at first it seemed like she just wanted a language learning buddy, but she’s been using a lot of “😘” emojis as well as cutesy animated stickers recently—she also asked me if i have a boyfriend—i’m not sure if she’s aware that i’m a lesbian, though it does say that i am on my profile to try and circumvent at least some flirtations from men—and told me that she doesn’t and that she’s never been in love.

she also told me that my appearance made her think that i’m a “cool girl” (i’m a butch lesbian with a shaved head and some facial piercings), but getting to know me made her realize that i’m cute and shy (she called me a “treasure girl”).

persimmon also has told me multiple times that she’s lucky to have met me and that the people who know me in my daily life are lucky, too, and has also said she wants to meet me and wishes COVID was no longer an issue—then asked me if i felt that it would still be worth meeting her even if we have to wait. (obviously i’ve been equally complimentary and have confirmed that i’d still want to meet her and that we can get to know each other more).

i know they say that lesbians are useless when it comes to romantic endeavors, but in this case: i’m autistic, i worry about being seen as predatory because i’m a masculine lesbian, and i know some cultures are freer with affection and their friendship than i’m used to.

tl;dr: does it sound like flirting, or do i just have a one-sided crush?

It's been too long since I've read a clueless lesbian story.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
AITA for blocking narrow streets to make deliveries (UPS Driver)

quote:

My route has a lot of very narrow residential streets, two way single lane with cars parked on both sides of me. My UPS truck (the brown trucks you see everywhere technically called a P-series or package car) is big, slow and hard to maneuver around these streets. With a 4-foot tail swing it’s extremely difficult for me to parallel park and often there’s simply nowhere to pull over or park so I am forced to block the road. I feel bad inconveniencing other motorists but I have 200+ stops to do so that leaves me no time to park a block away and walk stops off like a letter carrier, also I have to deliver stuff up to 150lbs. I can’t wheel that poo poo around on a dolly for long.

Today I was on a residential road with cars parked on my left side and nowhere to park. Even if I pull all the way to the curb on my right there isn’t enough room for vehicles to get by me so I stop in the middle of the street to completely block it. I do this because one time I parked my UPS truck up on the curb to my right thinking there was enough room for people to get by me. Nope. A car tried squeezing through and ended up breaking one of their mirrors on the side of my truck. Of course they got out and blamed me. From then on my supervisors instructed me to completely block the road.

Anyway, I was blocking this street to make a single delivery when a Jeep pulled up behind me and immediately started honking. At this point I was just exiting my truck to deliver a couple boxes about 30 feet away. The dude in the jeep opened his door and yelled at me, “WHY ARE YOU BLOCKING THE ROAD?!” I told him he wouldn’t be able to get by me anyway and to chill. As I walked back to my truck I walked right in front of his Jeep and said, “That was 20 seconds. TWENTY SECONDS!!” I yelled at him because I was a bit frustrated. He threw his hands up in the air like I’m an rear end in a top hat for being in his way.

So please tell me, am I the rear end in a top hat?

So many areas were never developed with large delivery vehicles in mind.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

sootikins posted:

I don't care if this one's fake, it's funny

AITA For not "toning down" my relationship?

Feed dog and master into the shredder.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Cowslips Warren posted:

quote:

The dude in the jeep opened his door and yelled at me, “WHY ARE YOU BLOCKING THE ROAD?!”

the correct answer is "go gently caress yourself". if i can do it delivering a pizza you can do it delivering a package

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

therobit posted:

He didn’t announce it. He asked her if she loved him more than her job, and she replied that he mush know she wasn’t capable of loving anyone more than her job. So he handed her his wedding ring. That’s not an announcement and he had asked her a softball question that was fishing for/asking for some shoe of affection on the day that they are watching their son make his own commitment to love, honor, and respect someone. And she poo poo all over him.

They’re not newly weds. They raised a kid together to the point where he was getting married himself. You’re gonna sit there and tell me this guy is in his right to reach a last straw moment at an event that was supposed to be about other people? After a point, you made your bed and have to sleep in it. He’s an rear end in a top hat to turning his son’s wedding into a confrontation concerning his own marital problems.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Dazerbeams posted:

They’re not newly weds. They raised a kid together to the point where he was getting married himself. You’re gonna sit there and tell me this guy is in his right to reach a last straw moment at an event that was supposed to be about other people? After a point, you made your bed and have to sleep in it. He’s an rear end in a top hat to turning his son’s wedding into a confrontation concerning his own marital problems.

He’s not the one who made a scene out of it.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

You’re right, he only dropped a bomb on his wife. After he asked a lovely question he already knew the answer to. The marriage is obviously toxic but he made the choice when to blow it up. It’s a reverse proposal.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Cowslips Warren posted:

My scam radar is going off. Someone is just trying to butter her up and ask for money.

tinytort
Jun 10, 2013

Super healthy, super cheap

Soylent Pudding posted:

The surprising part to me is that this guy is in his late 30s, and not early 20s. What, exactly, makes someone think "Hey, you know what's a great idea? Throwing poo poo while drunk! Let's play keep-away with a fragile object that belongs to the host!" That's teenage fratboy poo poo.

OP should dump her boyfriend and take him to court for the cost of repairing or replacing the model ship.

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for "calling out" my husband's favoritism ?

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Still thinking about this. This woman is a loving monster. But beyond that, this thread is chock full of emotionally stunted men who struggle to show even the slightest amount of affection. Here is a man both privately and publicly processing his grief, while also maintaining new bonds with family, and his wife just cannot loving handle it. The absolute balls on her to read his loving journal and then demand he do the same for his living loving children is just beyond the pale. I cannot imagine how this marriage recovers from this at all, but at least the kids certainly have 1 good parent.

Society has absolutely done a number on us regarding gender roles.

I mean, yeah. But on the other hand, he has a whole shrine of stuff dedicated to the dead kid and absolutely nothing to show that he even has other kids, if we're to trust the OP. Dude needs some therapy, because my feeling is that he's holding back on getting attached to his new kids until they're older than the dead one was, so he doesn't have the lingering anxiety that they're going to die on him too.

Also, chronic diseases that kill children tend to be nasty and, often, genetic (Tay-Sachs, for example), so he may also be waiting until they're past the window where whatever killed the eldest can rear its head. But I'm not sure a journal alone is enough to deal with the kind of trauma that would be involved with watching a child of your own that young die because of an illness.

All that said, the wife is absolutely a monster and she should apologize and agree to couples therapy, because that's the only way this can be salvaged.

coronatae posted:

Dear Prudence

Place your bets now!

Oh, no loving bet. "It’s from a war" and "my friend thinks it's a terrible war and the ring should be destroyed", and OP won't even hint at which war or try and claim that their uncle was a veteran from it? And "I like how I feel when I wear it"?

That's either the goddamn Ring of Sauron, or it's some Nazi memorabilia.

If we're lucky, this is just someone using an advice column for their LoTR roleplaying.
...at least it's not Nazi bullshit.

Hellblazer187 posted:

I assumed it was a Nazi ring, I didn't think of LotR but lol at "uncle 'Bill'"

My first assumption was "Nazi bullshit", yeah.

Mx. posted:

Agreed. That kid is not "underweight" for his age and height, and by that age, he should be talking and able to do basics like feed himself (age-appropriate foods) and help dress himself. Hell, he's old enough that he should be on solids, not mashed rice and porridge.

Husband needs to get a lawyer and take the kid to a doctor, because something fucky is going on there. Best case, the kid just has developmental delays that the wife isn't admitting to. Worst case, there's some kind of Munchausen bullshit going on or she's treating the kid like a living doll.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

tinytort posted:

I mean, yeah. But on the other hand, he has a whole shrine of stuff dedicated to the dead kid and absolutely nothing to show that he even has other kids, if we're to trust the OP. Dude needs some therapy, because my feeling is that he's holding back on getting attached to his new kids until they're older than the dead one was, so he doesn't have the lingering anxiety that they're going to die on him too.

On the other hand in her own telling of the incident, the living kids flock to console crying dad as she storms off.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

tinytort posted:

I mean, yeah. But on the other hand, he has a whole shrine of stuff dedicated to the dead kid and absolutely nothing to show that he even has other kids, if we're to trust the OP.

The OP is insanely jealous of a dead child, I don't believe half of what she says. I'd be more eager to bet that she only allows him photos of his kid in his office and is conveniently forgetting all the pictures that she has of the kids all over the rest of the house. Because I can't see the kids immediately running to console him if they didnt feel he loved them. Kids pick up on that poo poo.

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
*reading title* Of course you're not, why would you even ask?
*reading post* Oh for gently caress'S sake!

AITA for wanting to look nice for my birthday?

quote:

Hi everyone. Throwaway account because my friends might know my real one.

So my (25F) birthday was last weekend. To celebrate, I wanted to do a weekend trip some hours away from the city I live, so my friends and I rented a hotel room and drove out there. There were 4 of us - me, Sarah (24F), Lauren (26F), and Jen (24F) (fake names). This issue is mostly with Jen.

We did my birthday dinner on Saturday night of our trip. I take my restaurants VERY seriously (I know, stupid, but I like food and I like nice places), so a lot of planinng went into the perfect place. I also wanted a place that would look good for Instagram (maybe this is stupid,but I love taking Instagram pictures). We made reservations at this cute place and I was so excited.

Well, we were getting ready for my birthday dinner and I put on my new dress. It was pretty expensive, since I wanted to treat myself for my birthday and I knew it would look good with the restaurant aesthetic. I had sent my girlfriends a picture of it before we left on the trip so they could plan their outfits around that. I know this sounds dumb,but my girlfriends and I always send the "what are you wearing?" texts to each other, so it's normal.

The problem happens when I see Jen's dress. Hen had packed a dress for herself that I immediately fell in love with when she pulled it out. I loved it so much that I asked her if we could switch dresses for dinner. She said no, but I asked again, because I really felt like it would be perfect for my birthday dinner.

Jen had all excuses for why I couldn't: she didn't like the style of the dress I had brought, she didn't have another dress she could wear to the restaurant (it was a pretty fancy place with a dress code), and she wouldn't fit (Jen's a little bigger than me, but the dress I brought stretched).

My argument was: it was my birthday, and maybe I'm weird, but if the BIRTHDAY GIRL wanted to borow something from me, I'd let them borrow it no questions asked! I don't think it's weird to want to look my best on my BIRTHDAY, and I feel like Jen was being selfish and not listening to me. Sarah and Lauren didn't get involved, but Sarah told me that I had been out of pocket.

So to compromise, I asked Jen if I could wear the dress she tried on, take some Instagram pictures, and then we switch back and go to dinner. SHE STILL SAID NO, and then refused to come up with a good reason. That really ruined my mood.

We ended up just wearing what we had brought to dinner, but I didn't even feel like celebrating when we got there and skipped the birthday dessert because I just wanted to go back to the hotel and watch TV. My friends think I ruined my own birthday, but I disagree - I feel like they were not understanding, and Jen could have at least let me borrow it for a few minutes.

Things are weird in the friend group now, so I have to ask: AITA?

Some edits, because people are misunderstanding: 1. I did not throw a tantrum. I was a little quieter and refused any pictures at dinnertime, but we still chatted and ate. 2) My friends and I borrow each other's clothes all the time. Me asking Jen is not a crazy request.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

In an advice space where "give me your house" has happened multiple times, "I need to wear your dress, c'monnnn" is practically wholesome

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

"Grandparents rights" mom is a kidnapping waiting to happen. Do not leave the kids alone with her.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Cowslips Warren posted:

I mean it's pretty clear that UPS is the rear end in a top hat here because they insist on unrealistic timeframes for package delivery and use those one-size fits all trucks instead of smaller postal trucks for narrow streets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

pentyne posted:

Pamp snoofing is a serious accusation.

god drat that story still fucks me up. ppd/ppp are incredibly serious problems and dangerously under-recognized.