Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I foresee a release date for Fall Guys, if it's not out literally tomorrow.

I forgot they announced that game last year. Seems like most of the internet's moved on since, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
P5 Strikers is a Koei Tecmo game using their Warriors engine. Not really the same thing as whatever proprietary Playstation engine they might have been using.

That being said, the Japanese Persona Anniversary site does say there's going to be an update February 2022. I'll say Persona 4 Dancing since it's set after the epilogue of Persona 4 Golden.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

If they give us a BOTW2 date, I legit don't care about what else they show.

My backlog is large enough for the rest of the year, so Zelda is probably all I'm going to buy until Christmas.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Lol you sweet innocent child thinking BOTW2 is coming out this year.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
20 minutes or so of explaining very basic gameplay systems in the upcoming kirby game
15 minutes of small trailers for indies already out on pc, a couple will be 'available nows'
3 minutes dedicated to nintendo online and what n64 game you'll get access to next month
2 minutes of lead up into 15 seconds of non-gameplay trailer for either metroid prime 4 or botw 2, no release date

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
45 minutes of explaining that Triangle Strategy is a video game, which is entertainment software that you, the player, engage with for the sake of "fun" or "enjoyment", using buttons,

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Waffle! posted:

I forgot they announced that game last year. Seems like most of the internet's moved on since, too.

Oh, same, it just randomly occurred to me today that it was still happening. I used to really want it, but you're right; the internet has moved on, and so have I. Maybe my opinion will change when it comes out, but who knows.

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained

Looper posted:

i'm pretty sure it was announced last year but, much like the yggdra union port, is japan only

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
I'm hoping for Mario Party Superstars DLC

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

Is the Hori drum set worth buying for Taiko no Tatsujin. I bought the game on sale but it looks like the drum is going to set me back a bit.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I still have 8 games I haven't even had time for yet, and I plan on getting Kirby too. I have no idea what they'll announce, and it likely won't be for me. But man, this last year or 2, the switch went from "Yeah, I like it for a few Nintendo games." to "I have more games on this than I've had for my last 3 Nintendo consoles combined." It's crazy how good the Switch is. It's probably more games than my DS collection by now too. I love this thing.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

loudog999 posted:

Is the Hori drum set worth buying for Taiko no Tatsujin. I bought the game on sale but it looks like the drum is going to set me back a bit.

Yes its fun

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

We're gonna get Donkey Konga 2 with a blistering 8 track playlist.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Bleck posted:

45 minutes of explaining that Triangle Strategy is a video game, which is entertainment software that you, the player, engage with for the sake of "fun" or "enjoyment", using buttons,

Oh right, that's coming out soon. I'll wait for reviews but I remember the demo being interesting.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

No real expectation for the direct but I am looking forward to being pleasantly surprised! Kirby 64 + Bomberman 64 would be nice!

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Zzz elll daa 2 reeeemakeeeeee

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
For some reason I thought Bayonetta 3 already came out and was considered disappointing. But it didn't so now I have no idea which game I was thinking of.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Shneak posted:

For some reason I thought Bayonetta 3 already came out and was considered disappointing. But it didn't so now I have no idea which game I was thinking of.

Every other Platinum game?

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Shneak posted:

Cursed assumption

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib
Come on Outer Wilds release date.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Shneak posted:

Probably the w101 switch port. Wii U version still definitive though so.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I want them to show something for Mario Odyssey 2.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Bleck posted:

Every other Platinum game?

Astral Chain was sick

Riven
Apr 22, 2002
My son and I want a Splatoon 3 release date.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

LuckyCat posted:

I want them to show something for Mario Odyssey 2.

I would love this too. As much as everyone goes on and on about BOTW, I think Odyssey is the best Mario game ever made and one of my favorite games on Switch. It would be such a joy to see what they can do with a few years of development time with the engine already done.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I don't know what to think of the Direct tomorrow. I kind of have zero expectations. If it is just stuff released between now and E3, the things on my radar are like... nothing,

The only two big games announced I can think of are:
-Kirby and the Forgotten Land (March 25th)
-Advance Wars 1+2 (Spring 2022)

The other stuff that is announced but likely not the first half of 2022 are:
-Bayonetta 3 (2022)
-Splatoon 3 (2022)
-Breath of the Wild 2 (2022)
-Mario + Rabis Spark of Hope (2022)
-TMNT Shredder's Revenge (2022)
-Silk Song (TBD)
-Metroid Prime 4 (TBD)

Aside from all the regular rumor poo poo, I am just going to be shocked if something interesting is going to be announced and come out in the next 4 months.

Astro7x fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Feb 9, 2022

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

oracle of ages/oracle of seasons games but like that recent link's awakening style and it's going to be both games for the price of one. book it.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

a.lo posted:

oracle of ages/oracle of seasons games but like that recent link's awakening style and it's going to be both games for the price of one. book it.

They’ll be $60 each and I’ll buy them anyway

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Astro7x posted:

I don't know what to think of the Direct tomorrow. I kind of have zero expectations. If it is just stuff released between now and E3, the things on my radar are like... nothing,

-Kirby and the Forgotten Land (May 25th)

-Bayonetta 3 (2022)
-Splatoon 3 (2022)
-Silk Song (TBD)
-Metroid Prime 4 (TBD)

Aside from all the regular rumor poo poo, I am just going to be shocked if something interesting is going to be announced and come out in the next 4 months.

Kirby is March 25th actually

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Larryb posted:

Kirby is March 25th actually

Oh boy, I'll edit my post to avoid any confusion

pooch516
Mar 10, 2010

Astro7x posted:

-Kirby and the Forgotten Land (March 25th)

-Bayonetta 3 (2022)
-Splatoon 3 (2022)
-Silk Song (TBD)
-Metroid Prime 4 (TBD)

Geez, how did a remake of Advance Wars get delayed all the way to Spring? Wasn't that supposed to be last year?

frogbs
May 5, 2004
Well well well
Where THE gently caress is Snipperclips 2

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Riven posted:

My son and I want a Splatoon 3 release date.

I also

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Not that it was a blockbuster title, but wasn't Mario Golf announced this time last year? Also, I recall Origami King announced about a month or so before it was released.

There could be somewhat major announcements tomorrow, is all I'm saying.

I look forward to literally everything regarding the online service being talked about. New games, new additions to the existing retro libraries, new features, etc.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I'd have to imagine Splat3 will be their summer title. 2 came out in July and did very well for them, but then again that was back when no Switch games existed outside of BOTW and ARMS.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Not that it was a blockbuster title, but wasn't Mario Golf announced this time last year? Also, I recall Origami King announced about a month or so before it was released.

I look forward to literally everything regarding the online service being talked about. New games, new additions to the existing retro libraries, new features, etc.

It’s time for Pikmin 4 is what I’m hearing

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

They always say "titles releasing in the x half of the year" and also always break that almost immediately. It's more to temper expectations than a hard and fast rule. I fully expect to see a few holiday 22 / 23 titles mentioned.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Not that it was a blockbuster title, but wasn't Mario Golf announced this time last year?

The highlights of the February 17, 2021 Nintendo Direct

-Pyra/Mythra Smash Announcement
-Legend of Mana Remaster
-Mario Golf Super Rush (Announced / June 25th release)
-No More Heroes 3 (Announced / August 27th release)
-Neon White Winter (Announced, still not out)
-DC Superhero Girls Teen Power (Announced, June 4th release)
-Miitopia (Announed, May 21st release)
-Project Triangle (Announe / Demo released immediately, still not out)
-Star Wars Hunters (Announced for 2021, still not out)
-Zelda Skyward Sword (Announced, July 16th release)
-Fall Guys (announced for Summer 2021, still not out)
-Famicom Detective Club (Announced, May 14th release)
-Animal Crossing Super Mario Bros themed items
-Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity Expansion Pack
-Ghost n Goblins Resurrection
-Apex Legends
-One last thing... Splatoon 3

Pretty decent line up. Definitely didn't stick to the first half of 2021 launch window, some games that were delayed and still not out yet, and the Splatoon 3 announcement to cap it off

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
gently caress.

This direct sucks

Lol

Garbage

Nintendo is Doomed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011