Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Ask me about shitposting in SAD to get the attention my parents never gave me

American McGay posted:

I know it's been said a thousand times but these drat bosses have way too much HP.

Trying to dodge and survive and then dying immediately as your partner respawns so you can't do a throw is miserable.

always so close to the goddamn deadline... smh lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Openend a chest and the item landed in an area I can't reach? Cool. Awesome. Thanks.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

American McGay posted:

Openend a chest and the item landed in an area I can't reach? Cool. Awesome. Thanks.

Use your stick.

Joan
Mar 28, 2021

American McGay posted:

You can get it with the bird partner's magic because he flies over impassable terrain

Evil Eagle posted:

Use your stick.

That too if it's just out of reach

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

American McGay posted:

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

lol

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
I'm finished!

pretty middling game overall. i liked almost all the bosses, but the wand made most of the stages pretty simple and level 8 was a giant piece of poo poo. decent way to spend an evening overall.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

American McGay posted:

I know it's been said a thousand times but these drat bosses have way too much HP.

Trying to dodge and survive and then dying immediately as your partner respawns so you can't do a throw is miserable.

i think they have the perfect amount to not be a complete pushover with throwing your partner. i hadnt used a continue until i got to stage 8 and i made it to the final boss before dying. its just a shame that level is so miserable it fills me with dread to even contemplate playing it again lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Impy down. Easiest boss yet. Still dreading level 8. I took an accidental nap so I hope it doesn't take me too long.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

American McGay posted:

Impy down. Easiest boss yet. Still dreading level 8. I took an accidental nap so I hope it doesn't take me too long.

american mcgay in his gaming chair

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

trying to jack off posted:

He should have picked Code Name: Diaper (because he's old and wears a diaper lol)

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Pablo Nergigante posted:

He should have picked Code Name: Diaper (because he's old and wears a diaper lol)

lol

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I don't, actually.

Not being able to use your partner in autoscrollers is bullshit. gently caress fighting bosses solo.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

b_d is breaking the game lol

https://clips.twitch.tv/ShinyEnthusiasticMangetoutCharlieBitMe-V-YAQHgryEP76kKj

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lol, getting old and senile ftw

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

lol

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Demon Gate and Brady ftw. gently caress level 8.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
*Beady

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Brady is your live in nurse, and you think he's ftw.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Arrhythmia posted:

Brady is your live in nurse, and you think he's ftw.

Yeah and Demon Gate is uhhhh the door to the bingo hall or something

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

the worst part? he thought it was called Imp Zone Dame Club and he was planning on having a formal courtship with a woman and taking her to a jazz club to do The Charleston, The Fox Trot, The Black Bottom, The Shimmy, The Brazilian Samba and all other popular dances from the 1920s!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

That Little Demon posted:

the worst part? he thought it was called Imp Zone Dame Club and he was planning on having a formal courtship with a woman and taking her to a jazz club to do The Charleston, The Fox Trot, The Black Bottom, The Shimmy, The Brazilian Samba and all other popular dances from the 1920s!

Lol can you believe that guy.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Left hand: larry = small

Right hand: American McGay = old

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I really gotta start these a bit earlier lmfao. Luckily next week is a game I'm excited about.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

American McGay posted:

I really gotta start these a bit earlier lmfao. Luckily next week is a game I'm excited about.

:cheerdoge:

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

American McGay posted:

congrats lol

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

American McGay posted:

jesus christ barely in time lol

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
could a mod change the thread to [Code Name: Viper (NES) 1990 - Deadline 2/15/22 11:59EST] thanks!

Good luck in week 4 everyone

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

starting this now. looks cool

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

something seems familiar about this Kenny Smith fellow but I can't quite put my finger on it

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
love the animations for NES game and instant lol for thinking I found the wrong rom when it appeared he had no pants on but was wearing boots

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
lmao... this is gonna take all week. gently caress you American McGay!

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It's not that bad! Your main task is to understand the various enemy AIs and how each of them will act (they're like the Pac Man ghosts in that each one behaves in a unique manner). That's also why I made the pacifist challenge on the first stage. It's a good way to learn their patterns.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Passwords are given out at the end of stages 3 and 6, so those are your targets for your 3 continues.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
actually enjoying this once i figured out you can go in doors lol

Joan
Mar 28, 2021

That same thing happened to me on my first time through then never again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up