Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

R/Relationships: The Three Vibrator Problem
Inside you there are three vibrators

Mx. posted:

AITA I fed my son curry rice

Neito posted:

This... This is abuse, right?

quote:

UPDATE: As some commenters suggested, I called home a locksmith. He managed to open it and I found the documents.

One of the documents was the birth certificate and it has my name on it. I also found the medical records. He has anemia and also has had an epileptic fit before.

I also found the pediatrician's details along with the medical reports and prescriptions.

But the thing is...... The seizure has never actually happened. Because my son never had a hospital visit that was for so long. I would know if he was hospitalized because then he'd have had to stay at the hospital for at least 2 days. Also, such a hospitalization would also cost quite a bit so if my wife used our joint account to pay for it, I'd have gotten to know. Which means she probably has another account with enough money to cover our son's expenses that I do not know of.

Edit 2:

I just came back from the pediatrician. I had to show a number of id proofs along with the birth certificate because theydidn't believe I was the father since I'd never been to the pediatrician. I had taken the unmarked pills with me and asked the doc what those were. He said those are seizure medications and that my son had been prescribed those meds by the previous pediatrician but the new pediatrician(the one I went to today) had asked my wife to discontinue the meds. My wife has been giving my son the meds even after the doc had asked her to stop doing so. I'm thinking what to do next right now. I hid the prescription because I don't want my wife to be buying anymore pills and I handed over the remaining pills to the doctor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Soooo, like Hypochodria by proxy?

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

BabyFur Denny posted:

It's a small collar so yes you're overly vanilla.

Oh shut up, there's a loving dog cage next to the dinner table. Live your life but you don't get to look down on people who find that stuff weird and offputting.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Right, and OP is 0% responsible for the kids encountering the dog crate because they just showed up unannounced.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Neito posted:

I'm gonna say ESH to some extent. Maybe I'm just overly vanilla, but "wearing a fetish item 24/7" strikes me as opening you up to some weird situations, but mom and the family were clearly trying to start some poo poo forcing their way into the house they knew had a non-zero chance of significant fetish items being out in the open.

A lot won't because it can border on unethical; my understanding is that you're not supposed to take cases that you know have no chance based on settled law.

A small collar isn't exactly a blatant fetish item, especially these days when collars, chokers, leather harnesses, and other fetishy accoutrements are in fashion.

Also as a lawyer when you take a case you really only have what your client says when you agree to be hired. There are definitely times you take a case and it's only when opposing counsel fires back that you realize your client has their head so far up their rear end their perception of the situation is completely orthogonal to reality. At that point you now have and unreasonable client with a losing case and it's your job to try and talk them down while they insisted on full steam ahead.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

AITA for ruining my roommate's bday and getting her parents kicked out of the apt in the middle of the night?

quote:

I f22 live in a 2bdr apt with my f22 roommate Helen, Helen's birthday was days ago and she had plans to invite her parents to celebrate in the apt.

She asked if I could "leave" the apt to give her and her parents "privacy", I said "ummm no?", We started arguing. she asked that I respect her wishes on her bday but I cut the argument and left to school. On the way out the door, I saw that her parents had arrived with 3 big bags.

I come back at 11 and when I try to enter my room, Helen stops me immediately. I ask what's up and she says to me "you can't go in there (my room) my parents are sleeping" then points towards the couch and says to me "there you can spend the night on the couch, I got your pillow and blanket" I pick my jaw off the floor (figutively) and ask if she was serious then tell her I'm sleeping in my room and her parents need to get the heck out. I start banging on the door while Helen is yelling that I was being awfully rude and disrespectful to her parents and her birthday. Her mom literally comes out in a robe asking what was going on, then proceeds to ask if I was drunk and wether I was "legally" allowed to drink at "this age" go figure!!!. I tell her to get herself and husband out of my room, Helen tells me her parents traveled a distance to be with her and they desreve to rest. I tell her..maybe they should get a freaking hotel?!?.

Her mom then goes on about how rude I was then when the argument escalates, she tries to call the landlord telling him they're trying to sleep and their daughter's "drunk roommate" was causing a scene. She goes on to threaten to call the police for "disturbance". Helen's dad comes out demanding "quite". moments later, The landlord stops by to see what's up and Helen and her mom start complaning about me throwing a rage fit and scaring them. claim I'm drunk and say I'm mentally unstable and suggest I get kicked out. The landlord then tells Helen and her mom that I'm a legal tenant and that that room is mine and they had to get out of the whole apartment after what they did. Helen and her parents start arguing with the landlord then he threatens them with the cops. They start getting ready to leave as Helen is crying begging I let her parents stay.

long story short, They got kicked out at 12am. and Helen unloaded on me saying I ruined her birthday and made her parents leave in the middle of the night and be lost in a city they don't know well. also ruining her plans since they wanted to stay for the weekend. I entered my room and shut the door. Helen stopped talking to me aftr that and had friends from college shame me for making such a scene.

AITA?

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Halloween Jack posted:

Right, and OP is 0% responsible for the kids encountering the dog crate because they just showed up unannounced.

I'm not disputing that, gently caress that lovely family for using their kids to try and bring them to jesus or whatever.

But someone being like 'i find the idea of 24/7 hardcore bdsm kinda weird' doesn't make them 'overly vanilla'. They like different poo poo, its rude as gently caress to try and shame someone for not being as kinky as someone else like the guy I quoted did.

edit: lmao what the gently caress is up with that roomie and her family. Just showing your parents to your roommates fuckin bed :wtc:

ShootaBoy fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Feb 9, 2022

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
If you're not familiar with this, most people who wear a collar 24/7 wear a "vanilla collar" that's just a necklace. OP probably gets asked about it because he's a man wearing a necklace

Anyway why would you care if someone whose username is BabyFur Denny thinks you're too vanilla

Halloween Jack fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Feb 9, 2022

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for ruining my roommate's bday and getting her parents kicked out of the apt in the middle of the night?

Give me my parents your bed!

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Consenting adults, in the privacy of their own home. It's really fuckin simple.

The family chose to invade that privacy. They're the ones who deliberately exposed their kids to a BDSM home; if anything, the parents are the perverts here.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

ShootaBoy posted:

I'm not disputing that, gently caress that lovely family for using their kids to try and bring them to jesus or whatever.

But someone being like 'i find the idea of 24/7 hardcore bdsm kinda weird' doesn't make them 'overly vanilla'. They like different poo poo, its rude as gently caress to try and shame someone for not being as kinky as someone else like the guy I quoted did.

edit: lmao what the gently caress is up with that roomie and her family. Just showing your parents to your roommates fuckin bed :wtc:

The post that I replied to explicitly referred to wearing a collar (an inconspicuous one at that) 24/7 as a reason why they think the OP is an rear end in a top hat and yeah I find that point of view overly vanilla, sorry.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

metachronos posted:

Even if my immediate family just showed up at my house uninvited I wouldn't let them in unless they had a really good reason. Who the hell does that in this day and age?

A lot of people still do, but the ones you would want to let in will respect it if you say it’s not a good time. Still, people who make a lifestyle out of their fetish are complete trash to begin with.

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012

ShootaBoy posted:

Oh shut up, there's a loving dog cage next to the dinner table. Live your life but you don't get to look down on people who find that stuff weird and offputting.

You do when they show up to your house uninvited

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

ShootaBoy posted:

It's more that folks are projecting that he somehow deserved to have his private residence intruded upon because he wears a collar, which isn't sound logic. It's coming from that same 'ew gross' place. 'He must be somehow being flagrant with it and deserves it/needs to be stopped so they staged an intervention' is a reaction coming from biases and stereotypes. We have no idea how this guy acts in public or how the collar even looks.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

collars would be a lot less off-putting if they were all bright blue like Scooby's

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Invisible Clergy posted:

I know, but the concept is still ridiculous and they are worthy of scorn and derision.

AITA for not wanting my son to date his step brother ?

"Stepbrother, what are you doing?"

My first reaction from just the title was "well it sucks that the blended family you created didn't go to plan, but they clearly do not see each other as brothers as they didn't grow up in a family together." But then i read the full thing and she isn't even married to this guy and their kids were fuckin long before op and her bf started dating. THEY ARE NOT EVEN BROTHERS, LADY.

Also, i wonder why nate didn't tell his mom about being gay, or what those missing reasons were that started that argument.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Also the collars as accessories trend being big now is funny but not surprising bc everything early 00s is back. I remember wearing a red velvet collar with an O-ring back then and I was a loving kid. Once I learned what they meant in BDSM I got weirded out what I may have been accidentally messaging, I put it away and was a little horrified they had been so popular as fashion accessories. You could get them shits in Claire's!

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

StrangersInTheNight posted:

Also the collars as accessories trend being big now is funny but not surprising bc everything early 00s is back. I remember wearing a red velvet collar with an O-ring back then and I was a loving kid. Once I learned what they meant in BDSM I got weirded out that I'd maybe been sending some messages to the wrong folks or something, put it away and was a little horrified they had been so popular as fashion accessories. You could get them shits in Claire's!

And the pants with the straps... *wistful sigh*

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Like I already said, the family are definitely TA here, I just take a dim view on kink people, not the story couple, who did nothing wrong, that toss shade at people for not being as kinky. I had an ex that was like that and I'm a bit touchy with the subject of 'oh you're too vanilla' after having it thrown at me because I didn't want to make her bleed in bed.

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012
The other day I saw some sicko wearing a BDSM collar around his neck. It had a man nailed to a diagonal X and was attached to what seemed to be a series of anal beads. I hear some people give these accessories to their kids.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

It's more that folks are projecting that he somehow deserved to have his private residence intruded upon because he wears a collar, which isn't sound logic. It's coming from that same 'ew gross' place. 'He must be somehow being flagrant with it and deserves it/needs to be stopped so they staged an intervention' is a reaction coming from biases and stereotypes. We have no idea how this guy acts in public or how the collar even looks.

Yeah it's a private residence and even if you think the bdsm is weird it still doesn't matter at all since it is in their own home. We have some old timey medical textbook drawings hanging up as art and yeah people might think they are weird or gross but if someone was to come into our house uninvited and then demand they get taken down they would be a huge rear end in a top hat

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

ShootaBoy posted:

Like I already said, the family are definitely TA here, I just take a dim view on kink people, not the story couple, who did nothing wrong, that toss shade at people for not being as kinky. I had an ex that was like that and I'm a bit touchy with the subject of 'oh you're too vanilla' after having it thrown at me because I didn't want to make her bleed in bed.

Please read more carefully, I don't care how kinky or not someone is, I just don't think it's ok to kink-shame someone for wearing a small collar.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Yeah, we really don't know what the collar looks like, except for that it can be passed off as a necklace. I assume it is one of those stainless steel necklaces and not a 2-inch wide spiked leather collar with multiple d-rings for attachments.

I will say that fashionable neck accessories for men shouldn't be seen as conspicuous. But a lot of people might side-eye anything on men that isn't a jesus necklace or puka shell necklace. Not even in a "ew kink" kind of way, but like, "bro thats gay to wear" kind of way.

Brawnfire posted:

And the pants with the straps... *wistful sigh*

Now i'm remembering that time our openly gay substitute teacher wore those pants to class one day

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

My gut instinct is she started courting the dad in order to pull this exact stunt and keep them apart. She seems kinda obsessed with their relationship, with the 'teasing' (shaming her son for showing same-sex affection) and outsized reaction to being told he is gay and wasn't out to her.
Yeah, there's that whole abbreviated second act of the story, where her son comes out, he's been out to his father for years, there's a big argument involving all three of them, and now he spends more time with his father and much less with his mother.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Be smart about this kink derail or it’s the St. Andrew’s for the lot of you

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Well I've always had a deep respect
And I mean that most sincere
The thread is just fantastic
That is really what I think
Oh by the way, which one's Kink?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Don't threaten me with a good time

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

teen witch posted:

If we didn't have a masochism fetish we wouldn't post here, or read reddit. Plz don't kinkshame.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

BabyFur Denny posted:

Please read more carefully, I don't care how kinky or not someone is, I just don't think it's ok to kink-shame someone for wearing a small collar.

baby fur denny comin in hot

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

my name is piss gulper sam and honestly I find this conversation just a little too vanilla as well, tbh

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Rescue Toaster posted:

My town has a bunch of neighborhoods with those loving awful narrow streets 'Oh so cars slow down'. Instead it makes a loving obstacle course where you're nearly knocking mirrors off constantly with a regular-width vehicle let alone a truck, or little kids jumping out of nowhere with no gap between you and the parked cars. And you have to wait turns for opposing traffic like a loving vaudeville act.

gently caress them. I hope the UPS guy parks blocking an intersection and walks every package to each house on the four intersecting blocks for five minutes.

Good. Cars are death machines and anything that reduces their speed and makes drivers feel less of the false confidence and invincibility that leads to traffic death is good.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Soylent Pudding posted:

That's a cool as hell landlord for swinging by at midnight to fix the situation on a single phone call though. Pity OP almost certainly needs to move out.

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

teen witch posted:

Aww, don’t get cross with us

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

What pants with the straps? What are those? I am very confused

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Xun posted:

they're called suspenders

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Xun posted:

"bondage pants", it was 2000s emo goth poo poo in my experience

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Xun posted:

Tripp pants, of which I owned many

sugar mouse
Oct 17, 2006

teen witch posted:

If you don’t share a recipe, you’re getting a sixer.

I would like to state for the record that this is extortion.

OK this is from ages ago now but wow, this thread is hard to keep up with...

Get chicken breats, slice thinly or bash down, mix breadcrumbs with curry powders, coriander and cumin powder, cayenne if you want heat, garlic powder then coat chicken with flour, then egg then breadcrumb mix. Shallow fry on both sides for golden spicy chicken!

Also English/American teacher woman is a twat, why does it even matter if the kid isn't English? It's not hurting anyone!

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
You also had pants that came with chains already attached, whether they be metal or neon green plastic. Buncha zippers, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

There is no wealth like knowledge, no poverty like ignorance.

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

a gleaming model XQJ-37 nuclear-powered Pan-Sexual Roto-Plooker named SY BORG
A handsome young cyborg named Ace,
Wooed women at every base,
But once ladies glanced at
His special enhancement
They vanished with nary a trace.