Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

DariusLikewise posted:

the astroturfing campaign happening around this dumbass protests on social media has been insane

made the mistake of looking at the post on the main canada subreddit about that Liberal MP saying mandates should end or w/e and there was just a few too many "im vaxxed, but..." sorts of posts for my tastes.

Granted that place has been a hellhole for some time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Frosted Flake posted:

I know a guy at CSEC who had his level 3 come under review because BPD Bae was a liability, I know I had my personal life looked at, so I’m struggling to see why the PM’s wife was allowed to run rampant. Obviously it’s Trudeau’s fault for marrying her, but still, what a liability to the country.

Well this was about 50 years ago, so the options were to let her be her weird self and scandalize the political media class who followed her around incessantly or institutionalize her and electrocute her using torture disguised as therapy.

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012

Frosted Flake posted:

I know a guy at CSEC who had his level 3 come under review because BPD Bae was a liability, I know I had my personal life looked at, so I’m struggling to see why the PM’s wife was allowed to run rampant. Obviously it’s Trudeau’s fault for marrying her, but still, what a liability to the country.

Thankfully the security establishment doesn't have a veto on elected politicians

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
https://twitter.com/ianfroese/status/1491443217514233863?s=20&t=t4utLL4UFrXbCvxyjZL8lQ

brian pallister drowning his costa rica pool "BUT WE BALANCED THE BUDGGGEEETTTTTTTTTTTTTT"

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Oxyclean posted:

made the mistake of looking at the post on the main canada subreddit about that Liberal MP saying mandates should end or w/e and there was just a few too many "im vaxxed, but..." sorts of posts for my tastes.

Granted that place has been a hellhole for some time.

https://twitter.com/WinnipegNews/status/1491200682111737857?s=20&t=t4utLL4UFrXbCvxyjZL8lQ

i was looking at the replies to this tweet and most of them are brand new accounts made in the last couple months and just spewing the same kind of garbage. every post is like that too, just accounts swarming out of nowhere to repeat the same fake news/very good people/look at these protests kind of lines

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!

DariusLikewise posted:

https://twitter.com/ianfroese/status/1491443217514233863?s=20&t=t4utLL4UFrXbCvxyjZL8lQ

brian pallister drowning his costa rica pool "BUT WE BALANCED THE BUDGGGEEETTTTTTTTTTTTTT"

So the nurses I know that got their payday since 2017...now only did they lose like half of it due to taxes the remaining amount put them in a new tax bracket!

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

DariusLikewise posted:

https://twitter.com/WinnipegNews/status/1491200682111737857?s=20&t=t4utLL4UFrXbCvxyjZL8lQ

i was looking at the replies to this tweet and most of them are brand new accounts made in the last couple months and just spewing the same kind of garbage. every post is like that too, just accounts swarming out of nowhere to repeat the same fake news/very good people/look at these protests kind of lines

russiagate is real but it's just american bots

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

So the nurses I know that got their payday since 2017...now only did they lose like half of it due to taxes the remaining amount put them in a new tax bracket!

and?

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

actionjackson posted:

am i right that it's pronounced kah-beck, not kwa-beck

refer to this video for the correct pronunciation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaekWUI6LrM

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Dreylad posted:

Well this was about 50 years ago, so the options were to let her be her weird self and scandalize the political media class who followed her around incessantly or institutionalize her and electrocute her using torture disguised as therapy.

That’s a good point. The RCMP still had that machine to detect homosexuals as part of the SC process then.

Speaking of scandalizing the political media class who follow them around, Kenney making comments about the treatment of gay men during AIDS is pretty rich, though I guess that still doesn’t register to his base 💅

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis
I saw that little smirk when he said it. Motherfucker knows exactly what he means.

Granted, I have no idea why he'd wanna bring that up, even the right wing here in Alberta is smart enough to see that the tide has shifted on gay rights.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Albino Squirrel posted:

Granted, I have no idea why he'd wanna bring that up, even the right wing here in Alberta is smart enough to see that the tide has shifted on gay rights.

But not smart enough to see what’s going on with him, or is this a Baird thing where they don’t care as long as he says all the things that make them hoot and holler?

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

'without reservations' sounds like Kenney's vision for the future of Canada.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Dreylad posted:

russiagate is real but it's just american bots

If an American starts accusing another country of weird poo poo, it’s 100% projection.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Dreylad posted:

but it's just american bots

just like this thread

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

CLAM DOWN posted:

just like this thread

sorry but i'm a home grown bot

you can tell because the software developer that wrote me made 1/2 what an american software developer would make

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
hon hon hon kwabeckakwa

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

Koirhor posted:

hon hon hon kwabeckakwa

:quebec:

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

the only thing worse than how canadians pronounce quebec poo poo, is hearing an american struggle to pronounce literally any word

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

just ask them to pronounce

baton rouge
notre dame
des moines

like lmao

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

CLAM DOWN posted:

baton rouge
notre dame
des moines

like lmao

new orleans

Rodney The Yam II
Mar 3, 2007

Montpellier

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller

CLAM DOWN posted:

baton rouge
notre dame
des moines

like lmao

boise

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
st. louis

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller
detroit

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

CLAM DOWN posted:

baton rouge
notre dame
des moines

like lmao

Terre Haute is my favourite

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

oh my god i hate this one, god they're stupid

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
my obligation to pronounce french correctly ended in grade 9 and all you coureur des bois rear end motherfuckers can't do anything about it :haw:

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

drat horror queefs posted:

my obligation to pronounce french correctly ended in grade 9 and all you coureur des bois rear end motherfuckers can't do anything about it :haw:

look, i don't respect the french as a concept either, but you can't pronounce poo poo like a dumb rear end yankee

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

The looks I got from my friends in London the first time I said "Vauxhall"

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

roof
toilet

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I learned French in the army and scored BBB, but I’ve always wondered how that sounds to francophones. Similarly, how close is Civil Service French to what people speak at home?

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
lol at canadians of any stripe pretending like they pronounce literally anything “correctly”

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

i can pronounce extra large doubledouble just fine thank you

ARACHTION
Mar 10, 2012

it’s pronounced kkkbekkk

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

Mohntreal

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

mediaphage posted:

lol at canadians of any stripe pretending like they pronounce literally anything “correctly”

look you can't take away our perceived superiority over americans, it is all we have left as a national identity

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

the way to pronounce french words is to remember that all T's, S's, E's, R's, C's, Y's, W's, M's, G's, N's, U's, P's, A's, I's and Q's are silent

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

vyelkin posted:

look you can't take away our perceived superiority over americans, it is all we have left as a national identity

lol i don't need to do anything, the last decade has done it for you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

mediaphage posted:

lol i don't need to do anything, the last decade has done it for you

:canada: aint that the truth

but don’t worry fellow canagoons. Our incipient Nazi granddaughter PM will make us great (again!)