Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

poisonpill posted:

“Staring Jared Leto”

the kiss of death

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Thoss
Aug 22, 2011

i am a doctor. my name is thoss.

Rinkles posted:

there were good bits in there, but fatso boba the well-meaning dopey politician really wasn't a story that needed telling

I some how misread this as "wasn't a toy that needed selling", which also seems like a valid criticism

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
grindcore meggido said it best

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

"I'm just as good as heath ledger I'm dark and weird"

*Sucks*

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

poisonpill posted:

“Staring Jared Leto”

:wink:

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Cursory google searches reveal that this Morbius character seems to be some kind of a weirdo? So yeah Mr. Leto is gonna do fine.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

what was leto in that he's got star clout from, he keeps getting cast but i don't think i've ever seen anyone say a single positive thing about him ever. rich parents?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Cowcaster posted:

what was leto in that he's got star clout from, he keeps getting cast but i don't think i've ever seen anyone say a single positive thing about him ever. rich parents?

The band/cult 30 Seconds to Mars, Requiem for a Dream, Thin Red Line, Dallas Buyer's Club

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

ah that makes sense, the only one of those i've seen is requiem for a dream and that would've been almost literally 20 years ago so i didn't even realize it was him (i would've told you it was cillian murphy)

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Dallas Buyer's Club was the biggie, got the oscar for that.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Cowcaster posted:

I thought he was legitimately good in the Dallas Buyers Club.

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

Power of the Dog sucked. This year's Crash imo

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Leto has been fine in everything I've seen him in.

Though to be fair I haven't seen him in much. I heard he was pretty bad in the Gucci movie though

But the level of hate he gets on some corners of the internet is weird tbh. Started seeing it after Suicide Squad. Something about that movie really riled up the dorks

mulligan
Jul 4, 2008

I typed random avatar and this happened.
Drive my car was wonderful and it made 3 hours feel like a breeze. Glad it’s nominated.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Zzulu posted:

Something about that movie really riled up the dorks

It's total dogshit, you don't have to be a comic nerd to see that

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

:dafuq:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Cacator posted:

It's total dogshit, you don't have to be a comic nerd to see that

Yeah I agree

but it actually did really well so tehre must be people out there who liked it

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
It's actually insane how much more money Suicide Squad 1 made over Suicide Squad 2, despite the pandemic

even that Harley Quinn Birds of Prey movie made more cash than Suicide Squad 2

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Cowcaster posted:

He was in the secret video recording he was smart enough to make of his audition with Bryan Singer.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Jared Leto owns

When he does serious dramas like Requiem for a Dream or Dallas Buyer's Club he gives it 110% and gets an Oscar nomination

And when he's not doing serious films he's leading a cult where hotties have to gently caress him and then he wanders onto the set of some stupid comic book movie for babies and absolutely ruins it and these make nerds SO MAD

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Zzulu posted:

It's actually insane how much more money Suicide Squad 1 made over Suicide Squad 2, despite the pandemic

Will Smith is still a massive draw

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Just like Ryan reynolds hate, Jared leto hate is hater speak

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Zzulu posted:

Suicide Squad 2 was on streaming

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

I mean, I didn't think it was the best movie ever but it was good

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Jared Leto owns

When he does serious dramas like Requiem for a Dream or Dallas Buyer's Club he gives it 110% and gets an Oscar nomination

And when he's not doing serious films he's leading a cult where hotties have to gently caress him and then he wanders onto the set of some stupid comic book movie for babies and absolutely ruins it and these make nerds SO MAD

I hated him in that cop thriller with Rami Malek that came out recently but also that movie was kind of poo poo anyway

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Cowcaster posted:

I had this conversation with a friend

because, he was making headlines for his incredibly lame method bullshit on the set of SKWAD, sending his costars used condoms and animal corpses and changing the backgrounds on their phones and poo poo

and the only thing I knew him from was, trans people were pretty mad because, iirc, he won an academy award for playing a transgender woman without being transgender, speaking to a transgender person, or saying the word transgender
and my friend didn't know him from anything

so I pulled up imdb and was like "oh holy poo poo, he was paul allen in american psycho"
and he was like "really? I guess before he was famous. like it's a memorable scene, but he's not really the important part of it. huh. is that all?"
and I was like "let's see, panic room, urban legend. brazil!?- oh, no, 'basil'... wow he was the main guy in requiem for a dream, how the hell was he in so many memorable roles and neither of us remember him? oh wow, he was in fight club, he was-"
and then my friend interrupted me and went "angel face"
and I was like "yeah how-"
and my friend was like half-laughing, half freaking out
according to him, we'd already had this exact same conversation, and both of us had just completely forgotten about it, because jared leto was just that forgettable of an actor, that you can spend 15 minutes researching his career and being blown away at all the awesome movies you know him from, and then two months later be like "... what has jared leto been in?"

he later summed it up with
it's difference between "that was gary oldman!? :aaaaa:"
and "... that was jared leto? :raise:"

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

PostNouveau posted:

Suicide Squad 2 was on streaming

According to Forbes, Mortal Kombat beat the pants off Suicide Squad 2 in streaming numbers lol

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Cubone posted:

he later summed it up with
it's difference between "that was gary oldman!? :aaaaa:"
and "... that was jared leto? :raise:"

pretty much summarizes my experience

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
Power of the Dog was ok, overlong and mildly boring.

Suicide Squad 2 was great and I am tired of these mother loving comic book movies in my mother loving plane.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Booby Fett had major structural problems. He had already accomplished his goal before the first episode even aired, and then... did literally nothing after that. He didn't do things, he just showed up in places and things happened around him. Any actual forward momentum is driven by other characters.

His motivation is also inscrutable. What did he want to accomplish? By EP 4 (e.g. nearly two hours) he said he wanted to "do it right", but again he doesn't actually do anything, so it's meaningless.

I think they really screwed up by having him already in place from the Mando end stinger. If they didn't, they could have told the flashback story without having to have him spin his wheels doing nothing in the present.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

it probably would have been a lot better if he played a bounty hunter

unfortunately they already made that show

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Sebulba: Origins when?

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
It was the "Simpsons Spinoff Showcase" - Star Wars edition

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Zzulu posted:

But did either of them get a sweet HBO spinoff???

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

The weirdest thing about Jared Leto is the fact that he is 50 years old.

Arc Hammer posted:

But did either of them get a sweet HBO spinoff???

If Margot Robbie were ever willing to do TV, the executives at Time Warner would greenlight a Birds of Prey show so fast they'd shatter every bone in button-pushing hand.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Zzulu posted:

why didn't they call it sq2? i barely realized the movie existed.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Rinkles posted:

why didn't they call it sq2? i barely realized the movie existed.

because they want you to forget the bad one existed

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1491509711241363460

What the heck

Most of the cast except for DiMaggio is back

I dunno what to feel about this. The revivals have a spotty history!

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

hey remember that time we were talking about how disenchantment was worse than the bad seasons of futurama well not anymore https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1491509711241363460?s=20&t=WIJGj_NMWWuqGNm4LyUHnA

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

ah poo poo beaten

also lol no john dimaggio gently caress it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

priznat posted:

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1491509711241363460

What the heck

Most of the cast except for DiMaggio is back

I dunno what to feel about this. The revivals have a spotty history!

They had one great ending. Then it came back and it was worse but they still managed to pull off another wonderful ending.

I don't know if they'll be able to pull off the same trick again.

Also, without DiMaggio there is literally no point.