Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

definitely getting the old ff6 font for that one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

how does blitz work on the ff6 ports? i've only ever played it on a console where the diagonals work.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Bicyclops posted:

how does blitz work on the ff6 ports? i've only ever played it on a console where the diagonals work.

I actually played and beat the original FF6 phone port using only the Nvidia Shield Portable (which wasn't really supported) and it actually let me input the blitz command with the d-pad, so I never had a problem with it (I couldn't believe the game accepted it every time, because everything else about playing the game with a real controller was pretty bad). the worst is every time you press the B button the game asks you if you want to quit the game. And you had to press B a fair amount, the most common reason being to land the airship. So literally every time I landed the airship I had to remember I was about to get a pop up and to hit "no".

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

I actually played and beat the original FF6 phone port using only the Nvidia Shield Portable (which wasn't really supported) and it actually let me input the blitz command with the d-pad, so I never had a problem with it (I couldn't believe the game accepted it every time, because everything else about playing the game with a real controller was pretty bad). the worst is every time you press the B button the game asks you if you want to quit the game. And you had to press B a fair amount, the most common reason being to land the airship. So literally every time I landed the airship I had to remember I was about to get a pop up and to hit "no".

lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lmao

well, hopefully it'll be better than that

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

:kstare:

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

. . .

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I think it did that no matter what controller you used because the Shield Portable controller simply shows up as an Xbox 360 gamepad in everything

Hopefully I can play the pixel remasters on it. It's a really old version of Android though so probably not. Hoping Ninty announces them on the Switch at 5pm EST during today's direct.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

None of the pixel remasters have controller support on mobile and it's a crime

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Harrow posted:

play some drat roms people

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Just plug your cell phone into a crt you carry, as god intended.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!

Harrow posted:

the phone is your controller

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
I played through 6 on my phone w/retroarch a while ago and blitzes were fine with the onscreen d pad, I felt like I was missing fewer fire dance/bum rush than I would with a real controller.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

diagonal inputs for blitz in 6 are weird and take either directional input, you cn get bum rush by hitting <<^^>>vv< without diagonal inputs

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Arrhythmia posted:

Just plug your cell phone into a crt you carry, as god intended.

this

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Fungah! posted:

diagonal inputs for blitz in 6 are weird and take either directional input, you cn get bum rush by hitting <<^^>>vv< without diagonal inputs

lmao I've played it so many times and never knew this

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/gameartarchive/status/1491523920171831301

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Bicyclops posted:

Fextralife wiki and before I play wiki bro.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Ten years later, the Jecht Memorial Cup tournament is today! The two teams that have won through to the finals are, of course, the Abes from A-East, and the Duggles from C-South. I know there's a lot of people out there today to see the star of the Abes! In just one year, he's become the team's number one player! He's Jecht's blood, and the new hope of blitzball!

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

mysterious loyall X posted:

Ten years later, the Jecht Memorial Cup tournament is today! The two teams that have won through to the finals are, of course, the Abes from A-East, and the Duggles from C-South. I know there's a lot of people out there today to see the star of the Abes! In just one year, he's become the team's number one player! He's Jecht's blood, and the new hope of blitzball!

this

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

lol

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Blitzball is epic ftw

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!

im rooting for the duggles to win this...

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

You can't tell him how much you hate him if he's dead. -- Tidus's mom.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Finally started the Yuffie episode and playing as Yuffie is sick. Definitely looking forward to part 2 even more now. Kind of hoping they update some of the existing characters playstyles a bit in part 2 to make them more fun, Barrett and Aerith are okay but they could use a little something extra. Cloud and Tifa are fine the way they are now, though.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

I'm hyped

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
i need to play yuffie still.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

ff6 pixel remaster comes out tomorrow.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

ff6 pixel remaster comes out tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/FinalFantasy/status/1496122857138667526?s=20&t=Zn3Z58WAMdVf_p7BvQEKSw

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

that violin...

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lol, cool. it feels like nobuo had a little more time to work on the remixes for this one.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

holy poo poo it's the 23rd already

glad I got FFV done before this

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

man, why the hell arent these on switch

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Fungah! posted:

man, why the hell arent these on switch

i keep waiting for the announcement, it seems like such a no-brainer. oh well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I keep hoping there'll be a collection later this year or something