Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

truther
Oct 22, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT THE BEARS

Cardboard Fox posted:

The dialog and voice acting....oof.
moans in background

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
at any point does the game open up and become more freeform? I'm level 25 and so far all I've done is follow around a priest on maps so narrow I might as well be on rails

Cardboard Fox posted:

The combat feels great.

The dialog and voice acting....oof.

yeah lol

I take my headphones off to play this after day 1

chami
Mar 28, 2011

Keep it classy, boys~
Fun Shoe
I turned off the dialogue sound after the first play session.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
I almost always want either incredible voice acting, or I want “NOW face my arctic blaaast”

Mediocre voice acting make me sleep

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
i know it's an mmo but if i want to spend my time just solo grinding poo poo for more gear like it's a diablo can i do that or is it designed around slower loot gain with raids and lockouts and stuff? and if so, can any class solo or are some of them fairly bad compared to others?

jhorphear
Apr 24, 2013

Ask me about telling people not to change my avatar

Thumbtacks posted:

i know it's an mmo but if i want to spend my time just solo grinding poo poo for more gear like it's a diablo can i do that or is it designed around slower loot gain with raids and lockouts and stuff? and if so, can any class solo or are some of them fairly bad compared to others?

Any class can solo, there is no "holy trinity"

And the drops/xp from regular mobs are kinda garbage, so grinding non-endgame stuff is kind of a waste of time unless you are doing map competition stuff.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
eh i was looking up gameplay on youtube and there are a few videos of people messing around and soloing dungeons, and then a LOT of footage of whatever the hell a "chaos dungeon" is

lexxyth
Jan 21, 2015

Saki posted:

What server are euro goons settling on?

Thirain
Check the discord in the OP and join the fun!

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

As far as I can tell you can solo all the endgame stuff except for raids, which I feel qualifies. Most of it does have lockouts, but they're character-based so you can just level as many alts as you want to spend time spamming endgame stuff.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

I’m gonna assume this is of higher quality than the english VO

https://twitter.com/playlostark/status/1491532441021992960

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I must have a pretty high tolerance for this stuff because I don’t think the VA is quite that bad lol.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
The VA is just generic B tier video game voice acting, nothing remarkable or awful

Apparently the Korea VO pack right now is bugged and doesn't play combat audio so maybe wait a few days

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

Tortolia posted:

The VA is just generic B tier video game voice acting, nothing remarkable or awful

I just hope the Korean VO pack has women with voices that have anything resembling a bass register. All of the English VO work sounds awfully high school cheerleadery.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
it's a korean game so i wouldn't get your hopes up too much

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

MarcusSA posted:

I must have a pretty high tolerance for this stuff because I don’t think the VA is quite that bad lol.

My first move in most games is to turn off the sound unless the music & VO is particularly good or sound is integral to the gameplay.

Hasn't let me down yet.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
nevermind, got it working now.

i have absolutely no idea what i want to main at all

Thumbtacks fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Feb 10, 2022

ColdIronsBound
Nov 4, 2008
Backtracking on my previous comments on Striker.

The class rules, hit level 30 and sorted out skills and now I’m hitting like a tank. Hiiiii-yah!

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
So do I get all three cats in this pre order bundle ? One per character?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Givin posted:

So do I get all three cats in this pre order bundle ? One per character?

One cat unless you bought the silver ,gold, plat packs. Then you can get all 3.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Memnaelar posted:

Never have I been so glad to splurge money on a founder's pack as I was to realize doing so got my Gunslinger honest-to-goodness pants.

Is this the next generation of kMMO monetisation? instead of giving the female characters full suits of practical armor and then charging :20bux: to put them in lingerie, you start with the lingerie and charge realmoney for pants?

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Tortolia posted:

Apparently the Korea VO pack right now is bugged and doesn't play combat audio so maybe wait a few days

They did fix it actually! There are a couple cutscenes with no audio still but who cares about that, all the combat audio plays, at least on sorc and scrapper.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Probably rolling Striker tonight, but when do I get to play a class that uses a big axe?

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Never I apologize. We do have large hammers, whenever Destroyer comes out at lesat.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

this game's really boring so far lol. Just beat Burning of Stratholme. Playing a Striker but so far it doesn't seem to have mattered since mindlessly jamming my move buttons while slowly advancing through hordes of birds and bandits like the diablo clone I was told this wasn't going to be has been working so well I haven't even had to use my dodge move or any healing potions or whatever.

Game is really pretty though. My dude keeps yelling like Bruce Lee which is cool as hell

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

When do I get ladies in big heavy armor?

… They’re coming, right?

Right?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Bussamove posted:

When do I get ladies in big heavy armor?

… They’re coming, right?

Right?

It is a kmmo so probably not

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

You don’t have to like what the women look like, but my point was maybe reflect on how you got from “these clothes are skimpy and I want armor” to ‘bimbos’

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Third World Reagan posted:

It is a kmmo so probably not

someone earlier in the thread says they've already shown off lady barbarians in some stream or another

like you said though it's a KMMO, so your definition of "Big Heavy Armor" might not be the same as theirs lol

aperfectcirclefan
Nov 21, 2021

by Hand Knit
This game feels like a mix of Diablo and Rift just without Rifts cool class trees. It's fun though but yeah it definitely feels like Diablo for the first thirty levels

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I keep seeing the demons referred to in dialogue as The Demons. Is the main antagonistic force literally just called The Demons lmao

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

Babe Magnet posted:

someone earlier in the thread says they've already shown off lady barbarians in some stream or another

like you said though it's a KMMO, so your definition of "Big Heavy Armor" might not be the same as theirs lol

This was the teaser image so I imagine it’ll be more similar to the Scrapper’s armor style than current Berserker.

e: I also wish for axes 😞

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Hellioning posted:

Never I apologize. We do have large hammers, whenever Destroyer comes out at lesat.

Destroyer did look way more interesting than the other classes of that type. Berserker is an absolute bore.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You

Hefty posted:

This was the teaser image so I imagine it’ll be more similar to the Scrapper’s armor style than current Berserker.

e: I also wish for axes 😞

Reminds me of the lost PS3 classic game, Heavenly Sword.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Babe Magnet posted:

this game's really boring so far lol. Just beat Burning of Stratholme. Playing a Striker but so far it doesn't seem to have mattered since mindlessly jamming my move buttons while slowly advancing through hordes of birds and bandits like the diablo clone I was told this wasn't going to be has been working so well I haven't even had to use my dodge move or any healing potions or whatever.

Game is really pretty though. My dude keeps yelling like Bruce Lee which is cool as hell

Do you ever explore stuff or is always holding your hand telling you where to go

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Male mages all over the story, apparently men can be wizards only if they’re not playable :argh:

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Do you ever explore stuff or is always holding your hand telling you where to go

always holding my hand isn't telling me where to go, I guess? what does that mean

I'm clearing out every zone and clicking everything if that's what you're getting at. I found a bunch of the little seed things. I'm in the desert now, fighting bandits again lol

Diephoon posted:

Your title as hand of the king is..."The King's Knight" :geno:

drat I missed that, that's good lol

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Babe Magnet posted:

I keep seeing the demons referred to in dialogue as The Demons. Is the main antagonistic force literally just called The Demons lmao

Your title as hand of the king is..."The King's Knight" :geno:

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
I thought the game was pretty simple also, but once you get to the second continent and hit the level 20 dungeon, you can taste some of the FFXIV inspiration and you finally, for better and worse, get a long-form WOW-type dungeon. I think it's pretty clear you're in tutorial mode for the entire first continent. I'd say reserve judgment until you get to that point.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Is there slutty male armor?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Memnaelar posted:

I thought the game was pretty simple also, but once you get to the second continent and hit the level 20 dungeon, you can taste some of the FFXIV inspiration and you finally, for better and worse, get a long-form WOW-type dungeon. I think it's pretty clear you're in tutorial mode for the entire first continent. I'd say reserve judgment until you get to that point.
It's so confusing that this game calls regions "continents."

And yeah, the dungeons that end in multi-phase boss fights are pretty cool, although not particularly difficult compared to the regular boss fights.

I think the only casualties I've seen in hard dungeons have been people who get really stubborn when the boss targets them and just stand still and get juggled instead of running around dodging while the rest of the group does damage.