Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Disenchanted is not good. I cannot really place my finger on why, it is just ... not funny or interesting?

I am also rewatching the Simpsons for something safe to have on when the kids are roaming around, and midway through the 2nd season I am not super impressed, though I know they hit their stride a bit later.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Feb 9, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/burgessev/status/1491519901856641026

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Pain of Mind posted:

Disenchanted is not good. I cannot really place my finger on why, it is just ... not funny or interesting?

I am also rewatching the Simpsons for something safe to have on when the kids are roaming around, and midway through the 2nd season I am not super impressed, though I know they hit their stride a bit later.

The first season I liked, the 2nd wasn't great, but the 3rd seemed like they finally had an idea on where they wanted to go, so even if it wasn't super funny, I enjoyed the story.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

The Puppy Bowl posted:

The first run of Futurama was terrific. Every season has a couple gems. The movies and CC revival were flawed but fine. Resurrecting it again seems a pretty obvious mistake.

Yeah, the Comedy Central revival seasons aren’t quite as great as the original run, and there’s a few duds in there, but they were still very enjoyable and had a bunch of great moments in them. I think a few of the popular lines that became memes like “Shut up and take my money!” and “I don’t want to live on this planet anymore” came from those seasons.

They also managed to pull off another pair of good series finale episodes for a show that already had two. IMO, if Hulu revives it and says “Hey, we’ll give you two seasons, build up to an ending” it could be good.

I’ve been on the fence about getting Hulu for a while as it had some stuff I’d like to watch but never bothered with, so something like Futurama might actually get me to pull the trigger down the line.

Pain of Mind posted:

Looking at the episode list, Season 2 has some classics in it, but to each their own. I tend to think of the best years as 3-8/9ish.

fartknocker fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Feb 9, 2022

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
I'm sorry but Jurassic Bark is not a good episode because it triggers a deep depression and ugly crying at the end every drat time.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

This is where I was today. That’s Lake Taggart, I’m basically standing in the middle of it

Braksgirl, wasn’t able to get more night pics of the starts, it was completely cloudy last night

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I set my rangetop in place today because they're templating countertops tomorrow and I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas to use it.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

I'm sorry but Jurassic Bark is not a good episode because it triggers a deep depression and ugly crying at the end every drat time.

We watched the original run seasons like a year ago, and have yet to watch that one. Pretty sure it came up as the next episode a few weeks before we had our dog put down (at the point we knew was an "any day now" thing), and that was a hard no.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Luck of the Fryrish is more emotional than Jurassic Bark

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

I binged the whole series twice in the last year ans while I'm down for this I am also cautious about it. I hope it turns out good. :ohdear:

Also I think Leela's Homeworld is the best of the original run sentimental/tear jerking episodes but uh some of that is some over IDing with Leela on finally finding her parents.

Tulalip Tulips fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Feb 9, 2022

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Pain of Mind posted:

I watched the first ep and never watched anymore. I thought it had potential from the premise but ultimately it didn't make me laugh or even crack a smile.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

a neat cape posted:

Luck of the Fryrish is more emotional than Jurassic Bark

False, though Luck of the Fryrish is underrated so I appreciate your appreciation.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

I originally had in my post "That screaming you hear is LeeMajors" but decided against it!

I’m just a grumpy rear end in a top hat lately, don’t let me get you down on it. I’d never discourage someone from doing this job. It has value. I’ve learned a lot. I’ve literally actually saved a boatload of lives. It’s sharpened me into a cooler, calmer and more capable human.

And honestly I’m just really tired of the rigors of geriatrics and their gravity-related troubles. And cell-phone heroes.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Alaois posted:

mission hill was nothing but bangers

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Okay, I'll bite. What are cell-phone heroes?

T-Square
May 14, 2009

wandler20 posted:

I set my rangetop in place today because they're templating countertops tomorrow and I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas to use it.

God drat I would make so many cheese steaks and smash burgs on that bad boy

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I'm more interested in the King of the Hill remake that Mike Judge and Greg Daniels have going with their new studio.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

T-Square posted:

God drat I would make so many cheese steaks and smash burgs on that bad boy

Living in ND it's going to be so nice having a flat top to use during the 3-4 months I can't use my Blackstone outside.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Kirby sucking up a whole car

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Okay, I'll bite. What are cell-phone heroes?

We are constantly drowning in 3rd party 911 calls for every sleeping homeless person, fender bender, or disabled vehicle in our area.

My favorite was a guy stuck in the mud off the interstate years ago and we got the call 6 different times in like 3hrs as an unconscious (he was laying on the hood waiting for a tow), a breathing difficulty (he was out of breath from trying to dig out the wheel), a psychiatric (he was yelling at the car and a bystander saw it), and then several times as a single car traffic accident.

People are very good at convincing themselves they’re doing a good deed while they waste a poo poo ton of resources running a cardiac arrest response to a sleeping homeless man.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

LeeMajors posted:

We are constantly drowning in 3rd party 911 calls for every sleeping homeless person, fender bender, or disabled vehicle in our area.

My favorite was a guy stuck in the mud off the interstate years ago and we got the call 6 different times in like 3hrs as an unconscious (he was laying on the hood waiting for a tow), a breathing difficulty (he was out of breath from trying to dig out the wheel), a psychiatric (he was yelling at the car and a bystander saw it), and then several times as a single car traffic accident.

People are very good at convincing themselves they’re doing a good deed while they waste a poo poo ton of resources running a cardiac arrest response to a sleeping homeless man.

Counterpoint:

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1491354948919042050?t=v_eYsa-GrHE3eVQ-sVEk1Q&s=19

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

LeeMajors posted:

A paramedic friend of mine was always annoyed by drunk girls. When the horrors of drink spiking started showing up in the news calls for young women who couldn't hold their liquor shot through the roof. I think she said something like just one case out of literally hundreds her department saw was someone having a drink spiked and most of the cases were just young women doing 3 or 4 shots in an hour around cocktails and paying the bill in a rough way. Of course over consumption of booze is dangerous but I think she got tired of dramatic girls in their early twenties bawling and screaming at them to help their friend who'd just puked and passed out.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

LeeMajors posted:

Finding the balance to these extremes does seem difficult. Kind of nice to ponder the occasional social problem without a blindingly obvious solution.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

I think I’ve found my next career.

https://twitter.com/hugolowell/status/1491530083512766469?s=21

Sure.

I also wake up dozens of people a year who are just sleeping on their lunch breaks because some busy body shithead called 911 instead of knocking on their window.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Finding the balance to these extremes does seem difficult. Kind of nice to ponder the occasional social problem without a blindingly obvious solution.

Obviously $850 apple watch 7's :v:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Also: Earthbound motherfuckers

And

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1491540372962562049

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Kalli posted:

Don’t get me motherfucking started. We don’t have the staffing for now, much less the future.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

I was wondering why this name was familiar, and then realized it was the same name as the old Buffalo Sabers player who died last year.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Mods please rename me to Gazpacho Police.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Kalli posted:

An acquaintance’s mom got him on of these for Christmas and I can’t wait to see what kind of trouble it gets him in

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Kalli posted:

Also: Earthbound motherfuckers

https://hard-drive.net/huge-earthbound-fan-excited-play-first-time/

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Pain of Mind posted:

it's good if you're like, really tired and really high and can't focus at all on what you're watching and also don't CARE what you're watching

So there

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I bought all of Bob's Burgers and have been going through like an episode a day for the past 2 months. I am only in season 3, there are 180 episodes to go so far.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

My one solace as someone waiting almost three years for Hollow Knight: Silksong is that there are people out there still holding out hope for an official English Mother 3 release.

Also hey if there's a Tactics remaster in the works maybe I can finally play that game.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

I want to apologize to the normies here. My empathy tank is dry and I’m chiseling precipitate crystals off the bottom like a bottle of Aftershock circa 1999 just to get through the day.

I’m sure it’s ugly from the outside. The inside too.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

LeeMajors posted:

I want to apologize to the normies here. My empathy tank is dry and I’m chiseling precipitate crystals off the bottom like a bottle of Aftershock circa 1999 just to get through the day.

I’m sure it’s ugly from the outside. The inside too.

Nah you're fine. I'm not going to well actually someone's lived experience. Vent away. It's helpful.

I am currently anxious as poo poo for my job interview tomorrow. It sucks and is dumb and bad and I hate it.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

wandler20 posted:

I am mad jelly and miss having a flat top so loving much.

Futurama is one of my favorite shows, well, the first run was. I'm still mad that Bender's Big Score retconned Jurassic Bark. That was a sublime tragedy and a true work of art. The original script had Fry's mom being the one waiting for him, but they decided that was too sad.

The Late Phillip J. Fry is probably my favorite of the comedy central run.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Why do 3rd party power accessory brands like Anker insist on putting bright-as-gently caress LEDs on every thing? I know that the power brick has power because my phone is charging, I don’t need a loving beacon in the night to inform me of this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Freaquency posted:

Why do 3rd party power accessory brands like Anker insist on putting bright-as-gently caress LEDs on every thing? I know that the power brick has power because my phone is charging, I don’t need a loving beacon in the night to inform me of this.

Absolutely can't stand it, I think about that with anything that will be in my room at night. Because it just necessitates the extra step of thoroughly covering it up before I go to sleep.