Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

SuperTeeJay posted:

48 courses added to a game that looks/plays good already is good

It's like the perfect ideal of DLC. No need to break what works. I'm super happy about this.

SeANMcBAY posted:

I was saying all this time they should just add to 8 deluxe and wait for a next gen system for 9. God drat I got my wish.:lol:

The expansion pass is worth it just for that alone.

Yeah. I'm thinking of getting it now myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Man that direct loving owned.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

wasn't there a supposed leak a little while back that said dread was gonna have two free updates and then an expansion or something like that

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

thread title is fail and also cringe

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
great direct for rpg fans, which I am one of.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Kirios posted:

Man that direct loving owned.

The Switch is a RPG machine and I love it.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Kirby looks cool. So does Mario soccer. I am def down for new Mario kart courses though. 48 is insane, that’s almost as many as are in the game already right?

It is literally double the course count on MK8D right now.

Also, jeeeeezus christ what a direct. loving incredible. I've played the Portals to death, but being able to play splitscreen with my wife or kids is awesome. Might go in for No Man's Sky, and yay Earthbound.

Edit: if those devs leave out Wario's Colosseum :argh:

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Khanstant posted:

name a worse combo than jrpg with european accents

+

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

the new kirby looks sick but i'm still waiting for wind waker hd godfuckingdammit

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

There isn't going to be a Mario Kart 9.

They're working on Super Smash Kart.

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
What a direct. There far too many games coming out.

Never heard of Live a Live but it looks dope. HD-2D is beautiful.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I mean you are basically getting Mario Kart 9 for $25. MK8 is drat near perfection, so more courses on the cheap is *chef kiss*.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
What stupid rear end in a top hat said this was a bad Direct? It was a great Direct!

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

the new kirby looks sick but i'm still waiting for wind waker hd godfuckingdammit

yeah I was really in the mood for a classic Zelda adventure the other day and that one would scratch that itch perfectly
Ah well... Earthbound will keep me content for now

aperfectcirclefan
Nov 21, 2021

by Hand Knit

Gripweed posted:

What stupid rear end in a top hat said this was a bad Direct? It was a great Direct!

If you have other systems this direct kinda sucked to be honest. Bad quality versions of games that will be better on other systems? Kirby looks cool though.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Quantum of Phallus posted:

thread title is fail and also cringe

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained

New IPs? By Nintendo? You must be out of your mind

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Ragequit posted:

I mean you are basically getting Mario Kart 9 for $25. MK8 is drat near perfection, so more courses on the cheap is *chef kiss*.

Yeah, I'm pretty excited for it but that road map/ release calendar is awful. Six waves over 2 years?? gently caress that

Otherwise, Mario kart 8 is always fun to bust out with friends n more content is always good

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

page too late

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
What even was the last game they talked about? It was so boring I didn't even see a name. Why did they decide to end on that? What a joke.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Nobody makes ORIGINAL GAMES anymore.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

aperfectcirclefan posted:

If you have other systems this direct kinda sucked to be honest. Bad quality versions of games that will be better on other systems? Kirby looks cool though.

I have a PS3 and a PS5 and I still thought it was a great Direct

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Gripweed posted:

I think Triangle Strategy is by the Octopath Traveller guys, so that's not original either

Technically unless a game was made by a completely new company and team, nothing is actually original

Also big lol at demeaning stuff like Front Mission 2 or Live a Live which have never, ever been officially translated or localized outside of Japan 20 years ago

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

LuckyCat posted:

Themes, Switch Pro, BotW 2, Mother 3

tyvm

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Car Mouth

lol. they need to announce 8 brand new IPs every direct if they want my approval

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Cojawfee posted:

What even was the last game they talked about? It was so boring I didn't even see a name. Why did they decide to end on that? What a joke.

Xenoblade Chronicles 3. They put the title up on the screen, it was really big.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Cojawfee posted:

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 and yeah why the hell didn't they end with Kirby or something. I guess Xenoblade was a brand new reveal but it's pretty niche/ uninteresting for me

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
Meanwhile on the Japanese Direct: some FMV game, a life sim with RPG elements called Loop 8, and Voice of Cards is getting a sequel.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

https://twitter.com/_janjerome/status/1491544290564009984

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

KingSlime posted:

Yeah, I'm pretty excited for it but that road map/ release calendar is awful. Six waves over 2 years?? gently caress that

Otherwise, Mario kart 8 is always fun to bust out with friends n more content is always good

did they say 2 years? I didn't catch that part

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Gimme Xenoblade X but actually explain what the gently caress is going on this time you cowards

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Gripweed posted:

I think Triangle Strategy is by the Octopath Traveller guys, so that's not original either

lol

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Can't wait to play Kirby: Deep Throat mode

Edit: did someone make this joke I just skipped like a thousand posts

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
That was one of the best directs of all time. I thought they were about to announce Mother 3 in English during the Earthbound section. lol. Glad Earthbound is finally on Switch. Pumped for Chrono Cross, New Kirby, Mario Kart courses, New Mario Strikers, and New Wii Sports.

What a great day.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Xenoblade games are embarrassingly awful, glad Nintendo are putting out more mario kart as an apology

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Gripweed posted:

I have a PS3 and a PS5 and I still thought it was a great Direct

as a 3do owner i still liked this direct

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
How could you get bored I’m a two minute trailer.

How short is your attention span

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

KingSlime posted:

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 and yeah why the hell didn't they end with Kirby or something

Because Xenoblade Chronicles is more popular and exciting than Kirby