Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Can someone tell me more about Front Mission 1st? It's the only thing I didn't know much about that looked really intriguing.

Also No Man's Sky? How's the exploration? That's like my #1 favorite thing to do. What's the gameplay loop about?

I really need to clear out a few games on my backlog though. Like STAT so I can get some new ones to replace them. Looking at Pikmin 3 and FFX.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Quantum of Phallus posted:

thread title is fail and also cringe

A month or so ago, I was told to "post like an adult" because I apparently used too many smilies, and yet this kind of posting goes unchallenged.

:shrug:

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

I’m genuinely scared by Xenoblade Chronicles X fans. you guys are just a different breed

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

did they say 2 years? I didn't catch that part

Yeah the last wave is scheduled towards late 2023

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

my first thought was cone bros but apparently that hasn't made a splash in the wider meme world

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

A month or so ago, I was told to "post like an adult" because I apparently used too many smilies, and yet this kind of posting goes unchallenged.

:shrug:

post like an adult please

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

MechaSeinfeld posted:

I’m genuinely scared by Xenoblade Chronicles X fans. you guys are just a different breed

yeah all 7 of them

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Mother 3 is never coming out. The way they handle non-binary characters makes it a landmine of controversy.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Ragequit posted:

I mean you are basically getting Mario Kart 9 for $25. MK8 is drat near perfection, so more courses on the cheap is *chef kiss*.

This is how I see it, this is basically a new game being added to an existing one

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

KingSlime posted:

Yeah, I'm pretty excited for it but that road map/ release calendar is awful. Six waves over 2 years?? gently caress that

Otherwise, Mario kart 8 is always fun to bust out with friends n more content is always good

2023 is 10 months away!

it's probably a new wave every 2 months until March 2023

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

CharlestheHammer posted:

How could you get bored I’m a two minute trailer.

How short is your attention span

The only valid criticism I saw was about the boobs, but it was a reveal trailer, they can't show everything, and I have faith in Monolithsoft.

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

JamMasterJim posted:

Do we really call new entries in series like Mario, Kirby etc sequels?
Feels kinda off.
It's different to something direct like Prime 2 and 3.

The Mario timeline is long and complex, and filled with lore.

But in all seriousness, Kirby does, in fact, have a pretty hefty catalog of this stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejmTWTv75oc

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

punk rebel ecks posted:

Mother 3 is never coming out. The way they handle non-binary characters makes it a landmine of controversy.

They could always remake it and change the Magypsies

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Gripweed posted:

Because Xenoblade Chronicles is more popular and exciting than Kirby

nothing is more exciting than kirby

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

The REAL Goobusters posted:

yeah all 7 of them

they are all on these very forums

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

gently caress Mother 3 I want Klonoa 3

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

punk rebel ecks posted:

couldn't they simply rewrite those sections?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Team Cherry, baby, what the gently caress are you doing.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

punk rebel ecks posted:

That plus the fact their name contains a slur.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

KingSlime posted:

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 and yeah why the hell didn't they end with Kirby or something. I guess Xenoblade was a brand new reveal but it's pretty niche/ uninteresting for me

Xenoblade has comparable sales to Kirby with only the 2018 game outselling it’s since the 90s

cohsae
Jun 19, 2015

I can't wait to look at a bunch of great jrpgs that I will never have time to play

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
Xenoblade 3 could get giant robots

There, there’s your X representation

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ImpAtom posted:

That plus the fact their name contains a slur.

couldn't they just change the name?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Not making a game is what

JaneError
Feb 4, 2016

how would i even breathe on the moon?
If anyone's interested in splitting the NSO expansion to get the MK8 tracks, there's a Family Building Thread in SA Mart (just joined myself earlier this month, already extremely worth it). Just $10/year/person.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
What was wrong with the Magypsies I forget

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
so the real issue is I guess they didn't really have any good big reveals. Still, that was a pretty good direct even if a lot of the announcements weren't necessarily for me

Wait, why didn't they end with switch sports?

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

theyre making it perfect.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

punk rebel ecks posted:

bro did you see the crossdressing/gay joke bits of breath of the wild

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I'm excited to see what tracks they choose for Mario Kart. Would like one that's just Rainbow Roads even if they're not all good.

And here comes loving Disney acting like Mario Kart was old news.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

If the offensive bigotry is such an integral part of the game that it couldn't be easily fixed in localization, why the gently caress have people been begging for the game for so long?

Glimm
Jul 27, 2005

Time is only gonna pass you by

Vintersorg posted:

LOL Jesus.

MK9 dead

This seems a lot better than a new game to me.

Wish sports franchises would take this approach.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

I didn’t actually see the whole FEW3H trailer the first time because I was too busy exploding in joy but I cannot believe that a game so perfect is actually gonna exist

Now I’m gonna start working on manifesting a new Pikmin for E3

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

KingSlime posted:

so the real issue is I guess they didn't really have any good big reveals. Still, that was a pretty good direct even if a lot of the announcements weren't necessarily for me

Xenoblade 3

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

hatty posted:

What was wrong with the Magypsies I forget

Take the first two letters off their name and you have a problem.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

KingSlime posted:

so the real issue is I guess they didn't really have any good big reveals.

lmao

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Willo567 posted:

They could always remake it and change the Magypsies

HD-2D Mother 3 could be interesting, but the magypsies are such a major part of the game.

Endorph posted:

Magypsies came across as worse to me. Though it’s been ten years since I’ve played it.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Endorph posted:

That's a very minor character in Breath of the Wild in an optional sidequest. The Magypsies are very important to Mother 3's plot

Twisted Eye
Jan 6, 2011
This direct was awesome. Even if most of it was remakes, ports, and DLC announcements, this direct ruled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
looking forward to the 1-hit Dread runs at summer GDQ