Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

Johnny Truant posted:

The 4lb thing of jelly?

I only had one taste from a friend but I thought it was okay. Full disclosure like four or five other people did as well and said it was foul :shrug:

Yeah I didn't want to buy a huge jar without knowing. I'll have to try it somewhere first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Look out, my Costco had the giant bags of chocolate eggs for Easter already.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Mercury Hat posted:

Look out, my Costco had the giant bags of chocolate eggs for Easter already.

Concerning that the chocolate rabbits laid eggs so early this year

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Concerning that the chocolate rabbits laid eggs so early this year

Climate change is loving everything up

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I have to prevent myself from buying a bag of cadbury mini eggs because I power thru that stuff WAY too fast to be healthy.

charliebravo77
Jun 11, 2003

A Bakers Cousin posted:

Grapefruit honey tea??????

Is this good?

I like it, if you hate candied citrus peel you won't like this. I mixed it with some grapefruit spindrift and it was great. You can eat the peels when you drink all the liquid. It's a beverage and a snack.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
I have never had this '505 hatch' item but I will investigate it soon

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
You can freeze 505 if you don't think you can go through an entire jar quickly enough!

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Church had a yakisoba store fry in the deli cooler.

With a good squeeze of Sriracha and a bit of chopping on the large chicken chunks it's quite tasty.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Havent seen any Kirkland wet dog food in months :negative:

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Kibble plus a hose. Be the change you want to see

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I'm getting a little nervous about the lack of pee pads the last few times I've gone. We've got two very elderly cats that don't aim quite as good as they used to, and we're down to 1/4 of a box of pads.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Enos Cabell posted:

I'm getting a little nervous about the lack of pee pads the last few times I've gone. We've got two very elderly cats that don't aim quite as good as they used to, and we're down to 1/4 of a box of pads.

Same here, those are missing as well. :mad:

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

toplitzin posted:

Church had a yakisoba store fry in the deli cooler.

With a good squeeze of Sriracha and a bit of chopping on the large chicken chunks it's quite tasty.

Yes this was a nice change of pace. I added more veg but liked it overall.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Made gyoza and the Tso’s chicken with some noodles I had lying around and it was really good!!

Also: Happy National Pizza Day— a good excuse to get a slice if you haven’t this week :)

fordham
Oct 5, 2002

Your argument is invalid.
Exciting Lemon

priznat posted:

I have to prevent myself from buying a bag of cadbury mini eggs because I power thru that stuff WAY too fast to be healthy.

I typically eat a costco-sized bag of these every year by myself.

Haven't been able to find the Bare chicken nugget things lately, which is sad as I throw them on pasta once or twice a week to round out an easy meal.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
massive pepperoni slice in the food court rn, 2 churros wrapped and in the cart.

and cinnamon sugar bread, and 505

devmd01 fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Feb 9, 2022

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Chinatown posted:

Daisy cottage cheese is good.

Compared to starving to death maybe, and even then it's a toss up

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
It's too grainy for me. I normally get the store brand though because I'm a bargain shopper!

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

Knot My President! posted:

The cinnamon bread has the mass of a dying star and I am so stoked to try it when I get home

Edit: oh my god

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Going to Costco to get some poo poo for myself and also the food drive a local mutual aid organization is doing, PBUC

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Folks the Old Thompson Everything Bagel Seasoning is Officially Delicious.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Lately it seems like if I miss the window of first thing in the morning the nearest costco to me is an absolute madhouse with a packed parking lot. drat morning meetings been fuckin up my costco visiting!

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

priznat posted:

Lately it seems like if I miss the window of first thing in the morning the nearest costco to me is an absolute madhouse with a packed parking lot. drat morning meetings been fuckin up my costco visiting!

I made the mistake of hitting the 'Co on a saturday last week and it was like a scene from a loving disaster movie. Goddamn Mad Max poo poo in the aisles and the meat selection looked like something from peak Cold War blockade Cuba.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Cyrano4747 posted:

I made the mistake of hitting the 'Co on a saturday last week and it was like a scene from a loving disaster movie. Goddamn Mad Max poo poo in the aisles and the meat selection looked like something from peak Cold War blockade Cuba.

I find between opening and 11am on weekdays are the best time, probably 6pm til 8 is pretty good too. You couldn’t make me go on a weekend here. The costcos are complete zoos from the parking through to the packed aisles.

I’m kind of debating keeping the membership because I really dislike going when it’s busy and that just keeps getting worse :sigh:

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

My places are always so packed I have to wear my work boots to protect my Achilles from getting annihilated by old ladies carts doing 30 thru veggies.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

I used to only have one near me and it was chaos, now I have like 10 within 30 minutes drive so I can choose where to worship and they are usually not crazy.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

The loving worst is the free tire air station. Don't get me wrong, I still use it because it's convenient and I'm a cheap skate, but goddamn I time that poo poo to show up at like 9am on a wednesday. No bullshit, the last time my tires needed air I drove 20 min out of my way to hit costco before a 10am doctor's appointment on a workday.

It's a combination of 1) old people who will loving CUT YOU for free air and 2) older people who seem to think it's valet parking and will idle their cars there while they wait for their wife to return a half eaten tin of biscuits or something.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Costco sells this emergency car supply kit that my brother bought me as a gift 10 or so years ago. It comes with an electric tire pump that plugs into your cigarette lighter. I've been filling my tires myself with that thing ever since then and I have no regrets.

That pump alone was worth the money. I still have that kit and I have no idea what's in it anymore other than a lovely thin blanket and some reflectors.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Yeah I paid like $30 for a pump that plugs into my cigarette lighter. I put air in my tires in my driveway.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Cyrano4747 posted:

The loving worst is the free tire air station. Don't get me wrong, I still use it because it's convenient and I'm a cheap skate, but goddamn I time that poo poo to show up at like 9am on a wednesday. No bullshit, the last time my tires needed air I drove 20 min out of my way to hit costco before a 10am doctor's appointment on a workday.

It's a combination of 1) old people who will loving CUT YOU for free air and 2) older people who seem to think it's valet parking and will idle their cars there while they wait for their wife to return a half eaten tin of biscuits or something.

Save yourself 20 minutes of driving (and gas/wear/tear) and just pay $1 or whatever to the gas station air machine

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
One time I only needed like 5lbs in a single tire so I tried to use a bicycle pump. That was a loving mistake I tell you what

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Yeah I paid like $30 for a pump that plugs into my cigarette lighter. I put air in my tires in my driveway.

Second bonus is that I don't have to go out with my wife's car when she needs air. She's car dumb and I don't think I can handle teaching her how to do it herself. One day she calls me from her drive home and says, hey I have a light on my dash that looks like a butt do I need to worry??? I was able to just take care of it when she got home.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Renegret posted:

One time I only needed like 5lbs in a single tire so I tried to use a bicycle pump. That was a loving mistake I tell you what

Meh, I top off my car tires with my bike pump. A bicycle tire has a way higher pressure so if anything it’s easier with the car.

Unless you mean one of the tiny handheld pumps… that would suck.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
It does look a butt! Haha I just realized

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Barry posted:

Save yourself 20 minutes of driving (and gas/wear/tear) and just pay $1 or whatever to the gas station air machine

Na gently caress that. Half the time that poo poo is broken and doesn’t even do the job and I’m out $1!

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Barry posted:

It's not just the dollar, the costco air machine is legit nicer. I can just punch in the PSI I want, grab the hose, and it auto-fills it to pressure in no time flat. Meanwhile the gas stations are all ancient compressors that take forever to get the tire up to pressure and I'm loving around with that dumb dipstick pressure gauge.

Like, I can do the gas station air if I have to, but for all that I'll gripe about people at costco being dicks the machine there is a LOT nicer.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I haven't been able to find a gas station that works anywhere in town for specific PSI. I even tried to go last week and it ate a dollar in quarters.

Then, I went to Costco hoping it wouldn't be busy and they would fill it up for me, only to discover that they have just installed self serve air pumps. No line, brand new pumps, perfect pressure in seconds. Also they gave me a free stem valve cover to replace one I lost. Then I went in and blew most of the day's calories on a chicken bake

PBUC

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Every newer gas chain around here is putting in the same sorta pumps that costco has.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Cyrano4747 posted:

It's not just the dollar, the costco air machine is legit nicer. I can just punch in the PSI I want, grab the hose, and it auto-fills it to pressure in no time flat. Meanwhile the gas stations are all ancient compressors that take forever to get the tire up to pressure and I'm loving around with that dumb dipstick pressure gauge.

Like, I can do the gas station air if I have to, but for all that I'll gripe about people at costco being dicks the machine there is a LOT nicer.

That's understandable but for 20 minutes (each way?) out of way driving that still doesn't make any sense to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

Soul Dentist posted:

It does look a butt! Haha I just realized