Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
With regards to Drag Race vs the World, I want Jimbo to win every week just to see what piece of furniture he’d ask for help next.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

jimmydalad posted:

With regards to Drag Race vs the World, I want Jimbo to win every week just to see what piece of furniture he’d ask for help next.

I loved when deliberating who would go home at the end Jimbo told Jujubee to leave the rest of her drink for him.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

If there’s one thing that I’m glad about this season, it’s the love that Jimbo is getting. The fact that Ru gets her drag and loves her on stage must be so validating god her after DRC. Jimbo is such fantastic tv. I also am enjoying Mo this season. The butch queen look was to die for. Honestly, this season is filled with amazing queens (and Baga.)

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Jujubee has to actively be sabotaging herself and you can't convince me otherwise. Branding yourself as a cat lady and not having a cat runway?? This runway package was downright embarrassing, especially after AS5.

I can't help but think we were robbed of another Pangina vs Jimbo. Pangina's sphinx runway was my favourite overall.

thrashingteeth
Dec 22, 2019

depressive hedonia
always tired
taco tuesday

Poulpe posted:

Can't disagree with this, but I really really wish they would drop the fear factor elimination bullshit, it really makes it unwatchable for me.

Yea I did find it really jarring when I first started watching it. But I've grown to really like it haha.

Also Oh my god Jujubee what. I hope she kills it in the next epsiodes because its getting weird being saved like this. Are they shooting for her to win or something?

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
I finished my rewatch of season 6, and I'm rewatching season 7 for the first time in YEARS since it was never really available anywhere streaming for free. Some thoughts.

Ginger Ming is a lot more likeable without watching Untucked, it seems like all the hate for her came out of her terrible behavior in Untucked the first time around.

Max and Jasmine Masters are still insufferable, I don't understand what people ever saw in them, or why people here in particular keep on wanting Max to come back.

Jadynn Dior Fierce was a better drag queen than Ru ever gave her credit for.

After years of seeing Trixie and Katya as a pairing, it's so strange and alien to see them their first time around and not really knowing each other and barely interacting.

Katya was still robbed for going out during the Hello Kitty challenge.

Pearl is a talented drag queen, but holy poo poo, she cannot dance. It's just lots of waving her arms around while leaning back, and barely moving her feet.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Baga phoning it in is infuriating. Holy poo poo.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
Janey on twitter yesterday said she filmed Holland season 1 and UK v the World within 6 months of each other without doing any other drag due to covid. It sounds like they filmed this much sooner than I realized, which might explain why some queens seem so unprepared, and also why none of the UK2 girls are there (maybe they hadn't even filmed it yet). Maybe Juju was also just coming off of filming All Stars 6.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I remember Jimbo doing interviews from the UK while Canada 1 was airing, so that fits. Finish filming UK 2 and go right into UK vs the World?

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Supposedly, Asttina was cast but had to pull out due to her mother's death. If that's true, maybe her replacement was Juju.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Nihonniboku posted:

Jadynn Dior Fierce was a better drag queen than Ru ever gave her credit for.

Her and Jaymes Mansfield are my top two dream All-stars picks, hands down.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Nihonniboku posted:

Max and Jasmine Masters are still insufferable, I don't understand what people ever saw in them, or why people here in particular keep on wanting Max to come back.

I feel Jasmine gained most of her popularity from her youtube clips after the show.
I liked Max and she was doing very well on the show up ‘til her disastrous snatch game. Also she was destroyed by the edit in the last episode so I don’t think you have to worry about her ever agreeing to come back on.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

garthoneeye posted:

I feel Jasmine gained most of her popularity from her youtube clips after the show.

The impression I always got was that people were laughing at her, and not with her, which is what made her All Stars talent show performance so bad because she didn't understand what was actually funny about her youtube videos.

lookmanicant
Apr 18, 2006

Hi, I'm John Sheppard. Isn't my hair awesome? I like ferris wheels.
UKvsTW ep 2 Bagga's dress was so last minute, if Pangina did make it, I hope she really did get paid. But, honestly, that edit felt really gross for Bagga and I'm surprised she wasn't called out for it on the runway. Juju just felt so MEH and it boggles my mind because I know she's better than what she's showing. Even if it was right after another show, you'd think there's at least a few other things in the closet available.

Dragula's extermination challenges can be good at times. I do like that in s4 they seemed to edit them shorter, but I do tend to fast forward through a lot of them still. I didn't understand the s4 shocking challenge. I had no idea what was actually shocking them? And the buttons of who was shocking who was confusing.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Maybe, the ones I remember are the “RPDR has hosed up drag” and the “Get a job challenge” ones along with the “And I -oop” meme. I didn’t think those were shared to laugh at Jasmine beyond the inherent humor in sitting on one’s balls. I didn’t watch any of her others, I just got the impression the fan base had turned the corner on her and liked her. She certainly was one of the most disliked queens from 7 immediately after airing.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

thenextalangrant posted:

Dragula's extermination challenges can be good at times. I do like that in s4 they seemed to edit them shorter, but I do tend to fast forward through a lot of them still.

According to to the Boulet's podcast (as reported by Sloppy Seconds), they purposely reduced the "difficulty" of the Extermination Challenges this season due to having to do all this amid Covid.

I also tend to fast-forward through them, primarily because I doubt that they'll affect the outcome and at least this last season due to timing I just wanted to go to bed. :)

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

Read After Burning posted:

Her and Jaymes Mansfield are my top two dream All-stars picks, hands down.

With Jaymes appearing on the most recent main series ep, I feel like she's GOTTA come back soon. I feel like Laganja will be in the next batch as well. (watch me be completely wrong)

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

garthoneeye posted:

I liked Max and she was doing very well on the show up ‘til her disastrous snatch game. Also she was destroyed by the edit in the last episode so I don’t think you have to worry about her ever agreeing to come back on.

Max's whole thing was weird as hell - after the show there was some contractual business with World of Wonder where the company got some cut of their earnings or creative control for a year, and her furry/otherkin werewolf persona boyfriend/manager advised her to just... not do drag for that year. So she didn't. Then the boyfriend left her for not being instantly famous by being on the show. Then she tried to do a comeback and everyone was kind of like "oh well Max was robbed/edit was bad we should support her" and she spent all the money on a live singing cabaret performance that just wasn't any good. Now she is depressed on twitter.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I liked Max a lot. Unique looks and a shame they are a husk now.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

so she can’t quite be called an overnight sensation…

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Since Max was brought up in the same week a queen went home for her ankle going cleek, I present one of my favorite interactions between two completely random, unexpected queens

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

https://twitter.com/cherylholequeen/status/1491979942820724736?s=21

Adele and Cheryl Hole was the collab I was not expecting. I didn’t realise that Adele associated herself with the LGBT community but considering how she called up Delta? on stage when she did a drag look of her, I guess I shouldn’t be surprised.

Here’s a bonus video of her pole dancing in Heaven.

https://twitter.com/lilredmaddi/status/1491955163619287059?s=20&t=kW0FjWHR07VPm7Bx8W-wXw

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!
Art Arya, on Jujubee's first episode wine dress: "The definition is Hometown. Went to the wedding just to say hi and then went back."
Like drat Art, savage. You gotta look at Art Arya's fashion reviews of drag race on her Instagram, they're amazing
https://www.instagram.com/p/CZ1kNNKvaC-/

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

If you're like me and you like Wordle but first thought "I knew it when it was Lingo"...

CBS is reviving the show, with Ru as the host. (New format, based on the UK version from the last two years... aka no bingo balls this time around, just wordplay.)

https://www.buzzerblog.com/2022/02/11/lingo-revival-cbs-rupaul-hosts/

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!
Alright Mary did an interview with Pangina Heals! It's really great. Some tidbits:
- Pangina used to do an insult comedy act at Maggie Choo's, a drag bar in Bangkok, and one time someone she read came back and brought a hitman with them. WTF
- She broke her leg on a Thai drag competition show but stayed in it and won. She had to re-learn how to walk and dance during the filming.
- Art Arya helped style all of Pangina's looks for UK vs the World.
- Pangina did a lot of prep work for the show - including practicing her runway walk in each outfit with a coach, to give them each a unique presentation.
- She has remained closest to Blu Hydrangea after filming UK vs the World.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/episode-321-5-bonus-a-kiki-with-pangina-heals/id1130804244?i=1000550736925

AveMachina
Aug 30, 2008

God knows what COVIDs you people have

I'm trying to catch up on all the Drag Races but I need to tell literally anyone that I dreamt I debate-owned Ben Shapiro with my drag name, "Titanica Clunge"

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Very nice name.

Meanwhile re: tonight's Drag Race pull up, Daya, course correct now!

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Camden was robbed, but I'm not super surprised because something tells me she was cast as filler.

What I am surprised about is how Jorgeous is a judge fave when it's pretty obvious she's gonna bomb acting challenges and Snatch Game.

Speaking of Snatch Game, Maddy missing it is a crime.

Kind of living for Daya's Jandown.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
First episode I can remember that I was not a fan of almost any of the judging. My tops were Camden, Angeria and Daya with a Camden win and Maddy, Kerri and Jorgeous in the bottom.

I was amused that someone pointed out that it took a straight man to bring the drama to Untucked.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Kerri's not in the bottom? Daya isn't the top, and neither is Willow?? Jorgeous is fine but she really shouldn't have been in the top, let alone win.

e: Okay Daya's not wrong in that sneak peek but drat girl don't tell that to the camera

blizzardvizard fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Feb 12, 2022

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
lol, for someone who already got eliminated once she has a lot of thoughts about --just-- being safe

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
Ahh, this was so good

https://twitter.com/gretchasketches/status/1492406357584187393?s=20&t=T7DjVQL5no-Aje3QDYJTpg

Zombie Squared
Feb 16, 2007

A God drat Ghost posted:

- Pangina used to do an insult comedy act at Maggie Choo's, a drag bar in Bangkok, and one time someone she read came back and brought a hitman with them. WTF

I lived in Thailand for three years and this is pretty on point. I remember some guy got stabbed because he complained about the in house cover band playing Hotel California three times in a row. (By a member of the band).

Raccoonboy
May 31, 2011
what the gently caress was the judging in this episode???

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Kornbread left and they had to build up a new top 4 candidate

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

you can forget me with this golden ticket bullshit

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

A God drat Ghost posted:

What did the hitman do?

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Ironic Twist posted:

lol, for someone who already got eliminated once she has a lot of thoughts about --just-- being safe

:yeah:

It's a shame that she's spiraling like this and it's caught on camera. I'm hoping that she can get a good night's sleep and recover, but the edit makes it seem unlikely.

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!

Nihonniboku posted:

What did the hitman do?

Not entirely sure, apparently PanPan had to hide in the back and they called the police.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Daya has been irritating me since day one with the "gold star gay" discussion