Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
Is there a good super bowl food thread? Trying to figure out what to make this weekend

Kalli posted:

I bought all of Bob's Burgers and have been going through like an episode a day for the past 2 months. I am only in season 3, there are 180 episodes to go so far.

It’s pretty amazing for the middle seasons but it does feel as if it’s slowed down a lot the last season or two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Is there a good super bowl food thread? Trying to figure out what to make this weekend

It’s pretty amazing for the middle seasons but it does feel as if it’s slowed down a lot the last season or two.

There''s been one in years past but no current one.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Relentlessboredomm posted:

I feel like it just keeps getting better. Has really hit its stride.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Yikes, Bob Saget died from hitting his head on something accidentally, thought it was no big deal, and died from a brain bleed.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Bobs Burger never really gets me laughing but it’s enjoyable and I think that’s fine :)

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

swickles posted:

Yikes, Bob Saget died from hitting his head on something accidentally, thought it was no big deal, and died from a brain bleed.

Uh, how hard a hit? Like, how paranoid do I now need to be about the low support beam in my laundry room, because I just thought it was an annoyance

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

swickles posted:

Didn't Billy Mays die not long after bumping his head inside an airplane?

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

swickles posted:

That's the same thing that happened to Natasha Richardson

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

No, he died of a heart attack, as a result of cocaine use.

Richardson was in a ski accident and hit her head and thought nothing of it, which is still a far cry from bumping it on a nightstand or something after picking up your phone charger or whatever.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Thaddius the Large posted:

Uh, how hard a hit? Like, how paranoid do I now need to be about the low support beam in my laundry room, because I just thought it was an annoyance

Sounds like there was a history of heart attacks in his family. Wonder if he may have had one once and was put on blood thinners? If that's the case, a small fall could lead to a fatal bleed.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

swickles posted:

I did not expect Book of Boba Fett to end with Boba riding a rancor like a kaiju and wrecking two mechagodzillas.

That was cool but overall man that was underwhelming

It came down to a group of 20 people and a rancor vs a group of like 100 people and two droids for an entire planet. also Cad Bane's death was... meh

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Play posted:

Absolutely can't stand it, I think about that with anything that will be in my room at night. Because it just necessitates the extra step of thoroughly covering it up before I go to sleep.

I bought a power strip thing for my SO’s bedside table and not only is there a light, the light is so bright that it shines through the plastic so the old electrical tape trick doesn’t even help.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Chappelle has embraced going full on evil

https://twitter.com/RollingStone/status/1491523412853940230

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I looked up what the deal was this morning:

Proposed plan: 64 single family homes, 52 duplexes, 24 townhomes, and under 2 acres of affordable housing to be built later on 53 acres

Instead you get: 143 single family homes on 34 acres.

So a truly pitiful amount of affordable housing, which is just lame but also makes Chapelle look that much worse.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I'm rewatching the men's short program figure skating and while I'm definitely very disappointed by Yuzuru biffing it, I really really enjoyed Yuma Kagiyama's short program a lot compared to Chen. Jason Brown and Donovan Carillo were also really fun to watch. If Valieva is disqualified from the women's individual competition it's going to turn in to a bloodbath since no other women's skater can hit her technical scores thanks to her consistency landing quads and triple axels.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Final fantasy tactics is not very good and we need to stop pretending that it ever was.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Wrestling is so cool

https://twitter.com/SirLARIATO/status/1491589939821268995

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Quiet Feet posted:

Final fantasy tactics is not very good and we need to stop pretending that it ever was.

I never have, it was bad the day it came out

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced I liked when I was younger.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Quiet Feet posted:

We talking gameplay or story because the story rules

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
And the gameplay also rules. I get how someone wouldn't be interested in 2022 but that game was a revelation in 97.

My god. I'm so old.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I thought you were talking about FFT Advance for a minute there and was ready to throw hands

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Different kind of bump.

Kalli posted:

I looked up what the deal was this morning:

Proposed plan: 64 single family homes, 52 duplexes, 24 townhomes, and under 2 acres of affordable housing to be built later on 53 acres

Instead you get: 143 single family homes on 34 acres.

So a truly pitiful amount of affordable housing, which is just lame but also makes Chapelle look that much worse.

Also the 143 SFHs start out at $300k lmao.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Intruder posted:

I thought you were talking about FFT Advance for a minute there and was ready to throw hands

Marche is a criminal and his friends should ruin his life for ruining theirs

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Feb 10, 2022

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Am used to being underwhelmed by Nintendo Directs but am happy to see Wii (Switch) Sports return! They need to put Curling in that poo poo though.

Dango Bango posted:

Different kind of bump.

Lol

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/HudsonHawk88/status/1491609897099837443

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Got to meet Mick F’n Foley tonight at his show. Braksgirl and I went to the meet and greet, took pictures, he signed and wore my fantasy football belt and we had a hell of a good time. Great show!

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

BlindSite posted:

Nah you're fine. I'm not going to well actually someone's lived experience. Vent away. It's helpful.

I am currently anxious as poo poo for my job interview tomorrow. It sucks and is dumb and bad and I hate it.

Yeah it’s just kind of a downer.

Good luck on the interview, I’m sure you’ll do fine. If you aren’t at least a little nervous the job probably isn’t worth having.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Silly Burrito posted:

Got to meet Mick F’n Foley tonight at his show. Braksgirl and I went to the meet and greet, took pictures, he signed and wore my fantasy football belt and we had a hell of a good time. Great show!

This sounds amazing and I’m jealous as hell

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Silly Burrito posted:

That's awesome. Love Mick. I remember buying Japanese deathmatch tapes on eBay of him when I was in high school. Just a legend.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Silly Burrito posted:

Lol you took your fantasy football belt you big old dork :glomp:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Its Rinaldo posted:

Lol you took your fantasy football belt you big old dork :glomp:

I don’t have a WWE belt for him to sign! Funny thing was, the guy who I beat in the Super Bowl to win that championship this year was at the show (we didn’t see him until the end), and he saw me have Mick sign and then wear that belt for our photos.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

Well guess I gotta give up on getting up anytime soon.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Silly Burrito posted:

I don’t have a WWE belt for him to sign! Funny thing was, the guy who I beat in the Super Bowl to win that championship this year was at the show (we didn’t see him until the end), and he saw me have Mick sign and then wear that belt for our photos.

That makes the story even funnier

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Well guess I gotta give up on getting up anytime soon.

:rip:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

T-Square posted:

Am used to being underwhelmed by Nintendo Directs but am happy to see Wii (Switch) Sports return! They need to put Curling in that poo poo though.

Lol

I really dislike the bootleg-rear end Miis they're using in it. It's not a Nintendo Sports game without those soulless eyes staring back at me.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I'm real loving mad that Nintendo tricked me with a new fire Emblem game and it's a loving warriors game

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Daydreaming more and more about moving to some sleepy town outside a major metro and living that rocking-chair-on-porch life.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Boba Fett show was a mess lmao. Some bits were still cool though.
Probably still better than whatever we’re going to get with Picard season 2. Can’t wait to hate watch that.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

swickles posted:

Richardson was in a ski accident and hit her head and thought nothing of it, which is still a far cry from bumping it on a nightstand or something after picking up your phone charger or whatever.

Huh, ski chat + accident chat made me look up Michael Schumacher.

He's still alive, but...still mostly the same eight years after coming out of a six month long coma. Er, mostly the same as the time he came out of the coma that is, which isn't particularly good.

quote:

In September of that year [2019], Le Parisien reported that Schumacher had been admitted to the Hôpital Européen Georges-Pompidou in Paris for treatment by cardiovascular surgeon Philippe Menasché, described as a "pioneer in cell surgery". Following the treatment, which involved him receiving an anti-inflammatory stem cell perfusion, medical staff stated that Schumacher was "conscious"

Nothing says wildly successful medical treatment like 'he's conscious,' which he was before?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Pops Mgee posted:

Probably still better than whatever we’re going to get with Picard season 2. Can’t wait to hate watch that.

I mean, it's not like Picard S2 could be worse than the tire fire that was the first season (Picard producers: "Hold my beer"), but at least Michael Chabon hosed off to go make a Kavalier and Clay TV show for Showtime (that seems to have flatlined; there's been no movement on it for like two years), and they hired Terry Matalas to run the second and third seasons. Matalas' body of work isn't perfect, but he supervised one of the good seasons of Nikita, a season of the MacGyver reboot that was watchable, and he was the showrunner for all four seasons of 12 Monkeys, which was a really, really fuckin' good show.

That said, the trailers aren't filling me with a ton of hope. Stewart is a shadow of himself--his voice is painful to hear at this point--and time-traveling to the 21st century, sometime roughly close to our current era, is just the laziest, dumbest poo poo, and a well that Trek has gone to so, so many times in the past, with ... varying quality of results, to be generous. I also have absolutely no idea why they're going back to the Borg Queen, who was a terrible idea in 1996 and has gotten worse with pretty much every appearance afterwards.

But, hey, we get a little more Q. That's something, I guess?