Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iv46vi
Apr 2, 2010
Seems more common on bmw/Audi/Subaru samples, like this fine specimen:

BMW e46 325i manual on Kijiji https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks...&utm_source=sms

I’m just keeping an eye on the market and the volume of manual cars for sale by owner is pretty low. Miatas have reached an insane level of pricing so kinda wondering what else is out there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

:getin:

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

ah yes, the cheap used german car logic. i know this well. personally, you could say

I feel personally attacked by this. And maserati...

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Re: muffler delete...Probably sounds terrible unless it's on a turbo car or V8 but could be obnoxiously loud.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

iv46vi posted:

BMW e46 325i manual on Kijiji https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks...&utm_source=sms

I’m just keeping an eye on the market and the volume of manual cars for sale by owner is pretty low. Miatas have reached an insane level of pricing so kinda wondering what else is out there.
Every modification on this car has been driven by lack of resources. Instead of aftermarket exhaust, they removed section of factory exhaust that mufflers noise. It did nothing for performance other than add noise. They cut factory springs to make the car ride lower, compromising all of suspension geometry. This also destroys the shocks, which are now forced to perform at higher limit than oem intended. And lol at welded differential, holy poo poo

The point is, this person did a bare minimum at anything they touched. Now they are looking for an unsuspecting victim to pawn their disaster project onto

Could it be you?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

iv46vi posted:

Performance cars attract yobbos. It's the same reason half of them also have the sick Canadian Tire hot air filter mod.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

I imagine most muffler deletes start when the muffler rots out and you already spent your last dollars on a footprint gas pedal.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/red-deer/jeep-waggoner-chief/1604902685?undefined

feels like the universe is taunting me at this point. Once i have the means i'm sure all the cheap cool cars will dry up.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

taqueso posted:

I imagine most muffler deletes start when the muffler rots out and you already spent your last dollars on a footprint gas pedal.

drat man you don't have to call me out like that, hurts bad

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Most of the time "muffler delete" means resonator delete with the actual mufflers left in place.

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

Not in the case of the GS430 my brother bought. Both rear mufflers, replaced with steel pipes and decent tips.

UZs sound amazing with just the cats and the middle resonator but holy poo poo are they loud.

Edit: He has since added a pair of Magna flow flow throughs and it's much better.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

75K mile 94 Supra that while nice isn't even a time capsule is going to end up being over $100K
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1994-toyota-supra-turbo/

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Lol $140k

Lol

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

slidebite posted:

75K mile 94 Supra that while nice isn't even a time capsule is going to end up being over $100K
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1994-toyota-supra-turbo/

A rusty 2JZ-GTE and R154 sitting on a pallet is $20k now.

Still, lol.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
People buy cars for the same reason they buy nfts now, just another form of investment.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

But just like NFTs, investment cars will eventually fade away to nothing leaving you in the hole.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Mustache Ride posted:

But just like NFTs, investment cars will eventually fade away to nothing leaving you in the hole.
Everyone knows that. The point is to pawn it off to the next sucker and make a profit before the price drop.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Mustache Ride posted:

You should see how much fun the sneaker community is having finding out that their investment shoes are crumbling to dust.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Powershift posted:

investment shoes

That is all. I have no more words.

Head Bee Guy
Jun 12, 2011

Retarded for Busting
Grimey Drawer
just biding my time for the great e46 crash of aught dickity three

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Powershift posted:

You should see how much fun the sneaker community is having finding out that their investment shoes are crumbling to dust.

The Disney Enamel Pin Investors will have the last laugh!

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Powershift posted:

investment shoes

I know you’re not kidding, I just wish you were.

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Powershift posted:

Motronic posted:

That is all. I have no more words.

MrYenko posted:

I know you’re not kidding, I just wish you were.

My investment footware (in that I spent a fair bit of money and hope to use them a very long time) are some dunlop rubber boots that an old gent I know recommended as the proper boot for the Newfoundland bush.

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS
https://seattle.craigslist.org/kit/cto/d/bremerton-1992-honda-civic-vx-eg/7447716307.html

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Holy poo poo what a crack pot.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

That took quite a swerve after the first paragraph.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

gently caress yeah it did.
What an interesting way to say “I’m unemployable and in deep trouble with the authorities.”

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

I didn't know Dale Gribble moved to Washington state

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Lol, that's just up the road from me, maybe I should check it('s owner) out.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Do not go alone!

Someone needs to document the interaction for uh science

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

https://regalauctions.com/inventory.php?a=details&contract=30955

Yeah, it's ugly and it's stupid and it sucks.

but look how awesome it is!

boxen
Feb 20, 2011
It's like someone saw an Aztek and said "We need to go uglier".

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Powershift posted:

https://regalauctions.com/inventory.php?a=details&contract=30955

Yeah, it's ugly and it's stupid and it sucks.

but look how awesome it is!

Can you point directly at the "awesome", because I'm having trouble seeing it

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Nitrox posted:

Can you point directly at the "awesome", because I'm having trouble seeing it

It's a goofy shitbox dressed up like a real car.

That might not seem neat to someone where all the cars are like that, but i can't think of a single other vehicle on our roads like that.

It would ultimately be boring to drive and horrifically unreliable and impossible to get parts for but i still think it's awesome. And that someone in japan wanted it enough to no doubt pay an obscene amount of money to buy it new, and that someone in Canada then wanted it so badly that they paid twice what it's worth now to get it here.

ErrorInvalidUser
Aug 23, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
rear seats over rear tires

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Pretty sure those were available in Mexico. At least, the only one I e ever seen in person in the US, in Texas, had Mexico plates.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Just get a Honda Fit/Jazz, which is a similar concept but good

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

mobby_6kl posted:

Just get a Honda Fit/Jazz, which is a similar concept but good

Quoted for truth. I’ve had a few Fits and love them.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

am i missing something? this is a screaming deal right?

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

am i missing something? this is a screaming deal right?

It's a scam. HTH

Just spend half a second looking at event he picture. It's 1.) not boston 2.) not what boston would look like this time of year even if it was.

Now add in the price that is under 50% of what it's worth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Motronic posted:

It's a scam. HTH
a scam for a 10 year old acura SUV with 90k miles?

ah yeah i should have looked closer at the pics i guess

god drat scammers are getting weird. used to be all of the scams were for evos and wrx