Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
I'm wondering how the Bee claw on those new scorponoks will hold up, after awhile they just stop latching together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Anora posted:

I'm wondering how the Bee claw on those new scorponoks will hold up, after awhile they just stop latching together.

The plastic used isn't the same as the originals, either. My reissue Megatron's tail-arm keeps skipping the gear teeth if I push it like I did on my buddy's original, or basically any video reviewer does.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I plan to keep mine packaged, I have the originals but the nostalgia of the packaging got me.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Sockser posted:

Bring back G2 you cowards
I think either the first or second Deluxe class toy I bought when I got back into the franchise was the Prime RID Dead End, so I am 100% in favour of this. Make it happen.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Polar Claw's bat could beat Scorponok's bee any day of the week

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

Technowolf posted:

They should redeco all combiners in the most garish neon possible.

Rumour has it we might get Thunderclash from the upcoming Motormaster so hopefully we get at least one eyeball scorcher

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Other posted:

Rumour has it we might get Thunderclash from the upcoming Motormaster so hopefully we get at least one eyeball scorcher

I would be there for a Turbomasters combiner

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Oops! All skorponoks edition

I'll show myself out

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Other posted:

I would do a lot for a good Thunderclash.

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong
Got my "Behold Galvatron" set yesterday and that is a good looking trans-purple Galvatron. The tiny figures are fun but boy am I going to lose one of those eventualy.

However, my Junkion ship has bent wings thanks to the paper wrap method of packaging accessories they've been doing lately. I recall there was some method of fixing deformation in softer plastics like this. Maybe with a hair dryer or hot water? Anyone with experience with that?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I've done it by soaking in boiling/just boiled water until it's soft, and then plunging it in cold water while holding it in the desired orientation to make sure it takes a set

Might even have to introduce an opposite bend, depending on how bad it is.

Reminds me, I should do that to Springer's helo blades, they're not supposed to have a curve on em like a katana but mine do

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Looking at the pictures on pulse those wings are pretty wonky anyway. The hot water method will probably work pretty well, but it might slowly bend back if they're cast that way.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, unless you set the soft plastic the way you want it after applying heat, there's a great chance it will return to how it was before.

Generations Lift-Ticket is on its way, apparently. Love me some Diaclone colors.

Speaking of Diaclone, I, uh, got some Diaclone Reboot stuff over the Christmas holidays, thanks to Droyer poisoning my mindshowing us how ding-dang cool they are. I have a Triverse Tri-Ambler landspeeder thing, and a Triverse weapon platform on wheels thing with a little suit guy who can turn into a buggy and pull it when it's not connected to anything.

And the Asia-Battles from that one company that seems to be making knockoffs. The plastic isn't as good-feeling as the Takara products, but it's still hella cool.

I don't have a problem yet. Shut up.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Even if you do set it the polymers will return to their initial length eventually. I've a whole pile of bandy-winged Star Wars MicroMachines from the reboot series that just do not stay in shape for more than a few months.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Oh, dang.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Yeah, basically you can usually rescue damage caused by packaging, but you are unlikely to permanently rescue a thing that was pulled out of the mould before it cured fully or where the mould itself was curved to aid in extraction.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Does anyone have the Fans Hobby Overlord? I notice there's a re-release coming up and I'm sorely tempted as I love the colours and the tank design, plus it seems to generally seen as less of a pain in the arse than the MMC(?) one?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Sentinel Red posted:

Does anyone have the Fans Hobby Overlord? I notice there's a re-release coming up and I'm sorely tempted as I love the colours and the tank design, plus it seems to generally seen as less of a pain in the arse than the MMC(?) one?

I just sold mine. It's an amazing figure, if I hadn't jumped out of MP/3P I'd never have sold it.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
The MMC one has some odd choices with the shoulder transformation but IS still pretty cool, if that helps any.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Core class ravage and shockwave? In my hands? It’s more likely than you think.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Picked up these two today!

Ratchet is very floppy in the waist and hips, his instructions are kinda trash, and the altmode doesn’t want to tab together at all. The bot mode is awesome though, and looks great.

Perceptor is fine. Let’s be honest, you’re not going to have him in altmode ever. He could definitely use some kind of panel on his back to hide his head a little better. I don’t know that this is an improvement on the TR version honestly.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

The_Doctor posted:

Perceptor is fine. Let’s be honest, you’re not going to have him in altmode ever. He could definitely use some kind of panel on his back to hide his head a little better. I don’t know that this is an improvement on the TR version honestly.
The head stays on, that's an improvement.

Man Perceptor's really happy in his box art, isn't he?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Knormal posted:

The head stays on, that's an improvement.

Man Perceptor's really happy in his box art, isn't he?

Reaching for a plate of cookies

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Perceptor's massive shoulder cannon and general look owns a lot. I really wouldn't be able to get over knowing that he turns into a microscope, though. Even if the leg sculpting and official stock photos are trying to play it off as some kind of artillery piece or radar dish or something.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

But without turning into a microscope, how would he perform a cursory evaluation of Decepticon capability that indicates a distinct tactical deficiency?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Soundwave turns into a f***ing tape recorder

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Nodosaur posted:

Soundwave turns into a f***ing tape recorder

And he owns

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Firing out the little buddies really does make Soundwave's silly alt mode feel cool even in 2022, whereas a microscope is just what it is. There's no implied sci-fi gimmick to it that it doesn't already do.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

A giant boombox doesn't make much sense, but giant speaker towers are a thing, you can come up with a way to justify it if you try. A giant microscope isn't anything. And I don't have a Soundwave either.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Dabir posted:

A giant boombox doesn't make much sense, but giant speaker towers are a thing, you can come up with a way to justify it if you try. A giant microscope isn't anything. And I don't have a Soundwave either.

"Okay guys, we've chased the giant robot into that building, we've got him this time!"

"Dang boss, he's nowhere to be found. All that's here is a bunch of boxes and a 32 foot tall microscope"

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
I never realised that Perceptor's alt mode bothered so many people! I like it when characters have odd/unique modes, personally. Even (especially) the dumb ones.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Marmaduke! posted:

I never realised that Perceptor's alt mode bothered so many people! I like it when characters have odd/unique modes, personally. Even (especially) the dumb ones.

I really liked it when I was a kid because it was a "real" microscope.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Obviously you can like what you like and do what you want. I just think the microscope mode looks wildly out of place next to anything else that didn't come from Microchange.

Although looking it up, the artillery mode was part of the original toy, so I guess you could think of it as a triple changer where you can completely ignore one of the modes?

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
The cartoon made it work, but that's because of the whole "gently caress scale" mentality it had.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Big ol’ microscope.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Arquinsiel posted:

The cartoon made it work, but that's because of the whole "gently caress scale" mentality it had.

Yeah, that works in the wonderful world of animation, but I can't help but feel that even a little kid would notice that their Megatron toy is very definitely not fitting in Starscream's hand.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

The_Doctor posted:

Big ol’ microscope.

That seems like a reasonable size lab microscope for Optimus Prime to use :colbert:

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Y'know, you could probably adjust Soundwave slightly into being a recordplayer/amp/speakers from his Boombox mode and it'd work and be more contemporary. He even already had a disc gimmick once that you could reuse

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Medullah posted:

I really liked it when I was a kid because it was a "real" microscope.

Same with me (also by virtue of "not having it", that really made me want it. I don't think he was available at all in the UK).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Yeah if you're not doing an intentional G1 throwback then you probably should find new alt modes for the guys who just turn into objects, even if I will always disagree with the movie Big about the viability of transformers that turn into real world buildings