Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Nix Panicus posted:

Remember how we had a nationwide protest against police brutality and somehow it ended up with the cops getting more money with no reforms?

remember how the Capitol police utterly failed to stop and/or possibly helped the rioters break into the Capitol and as a reward they tripled their budget and opened branches in other cities

almost like cops are an extortion racket

:thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

fame douglas is british

that's a nice way of putting it

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

lousy hat posted:

see also troop Amy McGrath in Kentucky perpetually getting the primary field cleared so she can raise millions of dollars, run against Republicans, and never come close to winning

I know this is from a couple pages back but it is also important to note that because of how the media markets work, McGrath spent many of those millions to run ads in the (former) swing state of Ohio pointing out how awesome Donald Trump is.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

rare Magic card l00k posted:

I know this is from a couple pages back but it is also important to note that because of how the media markets work, McGrath spent many of those millions to run ads in the (former) swing state of Ohio pointing out how awesome Donald Trump is.

god shes so terrible

tbh lundergan grimes wasn't any better the time before that, where she point blank refused to answer questions on air on a radio show seen as important by political candidates. i mean, just. lol.

booker seems to be pretty good but i don't expect him to win.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Nix Panicus posted:

Remember how we had a nationwide protest against police brutality and somehow it ended up with the cops getting more money with no reforms?

one cop went to jail for murder so therefore racism is solved, thank u democrats

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

How do you break a nojoe toxx if you can't even vote in the US lmao

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Lib and let die posted:

He stole the election for Joe by hacking the ballots

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Lib and let die posted:

which poster are we talking about

Mafic Rhyolite
Nov 7, 2020

by Hand Knit

Lib and let die posted:

It was for saying you'd vote for Biden, admitting you did, or telling anyone they should.

It was a very easy deal not to break, especially if you're not even American, I think he was the only one to end up failing it.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Excelzior posted:

remember how the Capitol police utterly failed to stop and/or possibly helped the rioters break into the Capitol and as a reward they tripled their budget and opened branches in other cities

And then Congress gave the cops a standing ovation.

Lyesh
Apr 9, 2003

Excelzior posted:

watching the ashli babbitt footage makes it pretty clear that those idiots were on the edge of dropping like flies. i don't know why they didn't go the less lethal route, but they weren't loving around at the level everyone seems to think imo.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Lyesh posted:

watching the ashli babbitt footage makes it pretty clear that those idiots were on the edge of dropping like flies. i don't know why they didn't go the less lethal route, but they weren't loving around at the level everyone seems to think imo.

They really weren't, these protests made it very obvious Capitol security is a joke and as much security theater as anything else in the US.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Lyesh posted:

I like how the provacateur egged her on to climb through the window and then disappeared after she got merked.

pissinthewind
Nov 11, 2021

its kind of hosed up that that cop shot that person dead who wasn't shooting at him or attacking him. the entirety of j6 is so loving dumb i just cant comprehend it in any meaningful way

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

pissinthewind posted:

its kind of hosed up that that cop shot that person dead who wasn't shooting at him or attacking him. the entirety of j6 is so loving dumb i just cant comprehend it in any meaningful way

Maybe don't try climbing into the legislative chamber if you have a will to continue living. What happened was entirely foreseeable.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

with a huge crowd pushing on her at the door she probably had no where to go back to also.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Real hurthling! posted:

with a huge crowd pushing on her at the door she probably had no where to go back to also.

She just had to storm the Capitol! She had no choice, *insert tired cops bad talking point*

Also, there was no crowd, there was ample space.

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

shut the gently caress up

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

shut the gently caress up

Do you ever post anything worthwhile? If I were you, I'd stop posting. Being a weirdo white noise poster like you are is embarrassing.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Fame Douglas posted:

Do you ever post anything worthwhile? If I were you, I'd stop posting.

Turn on your monitor

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Lionizing a complete moron like Babbit isn't really helping C-SPAM's reputation of being full of covert right-wingers, lmao

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Fame Douglas posted:

If I were you, I'd stop posting.

If people were shot for being morons, you'd stop posting too.

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

if you dont want to get shot in the throat, simply don't break the law :smuggo:

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

if you dont want to get shot in the throat, simply don't break the law :smuggo:

Yes, don't try to climb into the legislative chamber of the Capitol of the US.

Is this seriously your talking point?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

OH NO! A MILF! :blastu:

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

Nobody has better respect for intelligence than Donald Trump.

The literal psyop officer had no choice but to wrap herself in a trump flag and be the first one into the breach

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
“Cops shouldn’t kill people” is the exact same as “the 1/6 crew were true American heroes,” you got it exactly, Fame

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Fame Douglas posted:

Yes, don't try to climb into the legislative chamber of the Capitol of the US.

Is this seriously your talking point?

it sounds like you believe that the punishment for attempting to enter an unauthorized area should be immediate execution. you aren't even being covert about being rightwing

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

it sounds like you believe that the punishment for attempting to enter an unauthorized area should be immediate execution. you aren't even being covert about being rightwing

It sounds like you're a moron

pissinthewind
Nov 11, 2021

I think, we likely should question why a law enforcement chose to shoot a person dead who, at least in this video and what I kind find online, did nothing besides some property damage and trespassing. should she have had some kind of consequence? likely. should she have been shot dead? questionable. I think its more dangerous as a whole to defend the violent cartel that is law enforcement in the US, even in this situation. the whole thing is being used as an excuse to bolster police forces across the country now by democrats while libs cheer it on so i personally feel like analyzing the actions of that state power is more beneficial for the left than capitulating to democratic political theater re j6.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Just trespassing in the US Capitol, just minding my own business.

Also, I'm really into well-regulated militias taking over, the police should be abolished. I'm sure that would lead to paradise.

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

the dems are so communist they had to manufacture their own scissors crisis

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Cloks posted:

that's a nice way of putting it

yeah it’s quite the condition

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

there were at least two cops with automatic rifles right outside that door who did nothing to stop her when she started crawling through the window

the cops inside managed to stop the incursion with a single round, so i'd say good shoot, to borrow the lingo, lol

it was a coup attempt, everyone was acting on incomplete and untrustable info

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

30.5 Days posted:

If people were shot for being morons, you'd stop posting too.

covid has never made it more obvious but yeah liberals honestly think that being a moron means you deserve to die lol

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Fame Douglas posted:

Do you ever post anything worthwhile? If I were you, I'd stop posting. Being a weirdo white noise poster like you are is embarrassing.

Incredible you were able to write this long a post with your monitor off. Impressive man.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

There are places controlled by the federal government where unauthorized access will probably get you shot and killed.

This is bad because law enforcement should not be allowed to execute people, especially anyone not actually convicted of a crime.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

if a dog runs at you with its teeth bearing down you're allowed to shoot it
if hundreds of humans do the same in the halls of the most powerful country until china finally ascends, you're arguing with a wall if you think someone isnt getting shot.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

Fame Douglas posted:

Just trespassing in the US Capitol, just minding my own business.

Also, I'm really into well-regulated militias taking over, the police should be abolished. I'm sure that would lead to paradise.
Bootlicking trash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

i am harry posted:

if a dog runs at you with its teeth bearing down you're allowed to shoot it
if hundreds of humans do the same in the halls of the most powerful country until china finally ascends, you're arguing with a wall if you think someone isnt getting shot.

The Demon Rat shows itself.