Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib
Quite good Direct but I was really hoping for Inscryption and Outer Wilds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
New Kirby has me hyped. Looks so good. :allears: Mouthfull mode is so dumb. :allears:

I have never even heard of Live a Live, but it looks pretty sweet.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
I'd buy Earthbound as a standalone title. I do not look forward to when the nintendo online emulator servers are shut down.

Mario soccer is 5v5 but not a dota clone like pokemon dota. pass imo.

Live a Live is kinda janky but I only played the fan translation 20 years ago. Do Rudra no Hihou with full dictionary support next please.

Persona 5 remains unannounced

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
New Kirby game looks neat. I wonder what sort of universe-spanning cosmic horror we’re going to face in it.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

RealityWarCriminal posted:

Mario soccer is 5v5 but not a dota clone like pokemon dota. pass imo.

:magemage:

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
ASK me about my pikachu carry build

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
it's five a side football. which is an established form of the sport. seeing five a side football and immediately going "huh this isn't dota" is some extreme brain poisoning

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

smash bros dota is an interesting idea. alternatively, they should make something that isn’t fail

Coffee Jones
Jul 4, 2004

16 bit? Back when we was kids we only got a single bit on Christmas, as a treat
And we had to share it!

Mega64 posted:

48 COURSES

YOU CAN ALL SHUT THE gently caress UP NOW

I was wondering what they could do in MK9 that would change up the gameplay enough to call it a proper sequel.
This…. They don’t have to change the gameplay up at all but you get an entire game’s worth of tracks on top of the ones you already have, so it’s an interesting side step.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

MechaSeinfeld posted:

they should make something that isn’t fail

They're already making a Kirby game.

Coffee Jones
Jul 4, 2004

16 bit? Back when we was kids we only got a single bit on Christmas, as a treat
And we had to share it!

Endorph posted:

. mother 3 isnt getting localized cause nobody at nintendo gives a poo poo about it. mother 1 got tl'd because it has like 12 lines of dialogue and earthbound gets rereleased because its already translated

Pretty much this, M3 fan patch was a massive translation project and the nitty gritty of displaying text had to be built from the ground up.

are: Live A Live / FM 1+2 … I think this is an “Interest Check” release like ActRaiser was a few months back.. if they want to produce a sequel they’re this is how they know how many fans are carrying the torch for these moribund series:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

JordanKai posted:

Which tracks are you all hoping to see in the MK8 DLC pack? I'm holding out for Waluigi Pinball and Maple Treeway most of all.

Literally all of them

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation
Now give me Bahamut Lagoon and Treasure of the Rudras to round out the catalogue, oh and remakes of all the other Quintet hits like Soul Blazer and Terranigma, kthxpls.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I realised I have the splatoon 2 DLC and I've never touched any of the single player content. I'm still trying to finish dread. I also realised I have barely touched Mario 3d world. I miss being a kid and having way too much time to waste on this poo poo

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I know since I have the expak, I don't need to worry about this but are the MK8 tracks going to be $25 for ALL of them, or $25 for each wave?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I know since I have the expak, I don't need to worry about this but are the MK8 tracks going to be $25 for ALL of them, or $25 for each wave?

It's all of them:

quote:

Bundle Contents:

Wave 1
Wave 2
Etc.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

Now give me Bahamut Lagoon and Treasure of the Rudras to round out the catalogue, oh and remakes of all the other Quintet hits like Soul Blazer and Terranigma, kthxpls.

It would be bad if Terranigma gets rereleased because if people actually played the drat thing every other game would seem worse by comparison. An HD2D Terranigma can’t exist because such a thing would require a god that loves us.

I’m a big fan of Terranigma, its only flaw is the Bloody Mary fight isn’t properly tuned. Other than that it’s pretty much a perfect game.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

JordanKai posted:

They're already making a Kirby game.

I meant post-Kirby

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

No, no, the Kirby is already post-apocalypse, post-Kirby there's just... the end.

abelwingnut posted:

hopefully this means chrono trigger's coming to the switch. a full remake ideally, but hopefully in the snes app a week or two before chrono cross's launch, at least.

or maybe that's wishful thinking :smith:
On the SNES Online is definitely a pipe dream, Squenix has absolutely no interest in that service. We'd be more likely to get a full remake than see the SNES rom on the online service.

My guess is they'll port the Steam version of the game and drop it onto the eShop, personally.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Cloud version of Chrono Trigger, the SNES rom.

:haw:

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Cloud version of Chrono Trigger, the SNES rom.

:haw:

The Cloud version of CT PS1.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Blaziken386 posted:

pre-emptive direct bingo card

letsgo
no bingo

(a couple of them are arguable, still no bingo after adding them tho)

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Shell finesse
https://twitter.com/vgcartography/status/1491754589741203456?s=20&t=t4a4hAV4YvuVourUX5hLdA

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

PringleCreamEgg posted:

It would be bad if Terranigma gets rereleased because if people actually played the drat thing every other game would seem worse by comparison. An HD2D Terranigma can’t exist because such a thing would require a god that loves us.

I’m a big fan of Terranigma, its only flaw is the Bloody Mary fight isn’t properly tuned. Other than that it’s pretty much a perfect game.

As someone who recently played through this game.....no, no it's not. Short of a full remake that overhauls a lot of the pacing, dialogue, quests, spells, a good chunk of the combat, and so forth, I can't imagine being interested in playing it again.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Sudden Javelin posted:

terranigma balls

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

GreatGreen posted:

New Kirby game looks neat. I wonder what sort of universe-spanning cosmic horror we’re going to face in it.

Furries

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
The Xenoblade games are like Final Fantasy and don't really connect much, right?

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation
Apparently Xenoblade 3 is going to bridge the otherwise unconnected 1 and 2, but before that, yeah.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

I really like the first one and have been slowly playing it in like 30 hour chunks on and off. But the 2nd one seems so over the top with anime tiddies when I watch clips of it that it's kind of made me hesitant to play it. Maybe I'll get it finally, idk.

X looks so cool, I wish they'd port it over.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Oh thank goodness I don't have to pay 40 some bucks to buy Radical Dreamers and never touch Chrono Cross.

15 to do that is much more reasonable.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
What did they mean by enhanced soundtrack for chrono cross because god drat how do you improve on perfection

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Zurtilik posted:

The Xenoblade games are like Final Fantasy and don't really connect much, right?

Eh... Xenoblade 1 and 2 do have a connection, but it's not something that is vital to know to understand the basic plot of either one of them, X is the only completely unconnected one that we know of for right now.

3 seems to deal with the fallout from both games but is set far enough in the future where you might not need to have immediate knowledge of both to understand basic plot details, maybe, but it is a direct sequel to both

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
So far 2 of my friends have started Earthbound for the first time and I am extremely into that.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

WHY BONER NOW posted:

What did they mean by enhanced soundtrack for chrono cross because god drat how do you improve on perfection

It says 'higher quality' so I imagine it's just like upping the uhhh sound quality or whatever fancy audio term. Doubt they're gonna like remix them, just remaster and clean up the sound a bit type affair.

chibi luda
Apr 17, 2013

after sleeping on it a bit I feel like Switch Sports Online has massive gamer's implications

thinking of all the goofballs in my life who could consistently bowl 300 games and what will happen now that these people can play each other online. the nation's dads will be in a fever pitch

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Goth Odell Beckham posted:

after sleeping on it a bit I feel like Switch Sports Online has massive gamer's implications

thinking of all the goofballs in my life who could consistently bowl 300 games and what will happen now that these people can play each other online. the nation's dads will be in a fever pitch

I’m excited. My gamer friends are spread amongst the world being dads and we need something to play while Skyping and drinking.

:corsair:

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
For anyone interested in Earthbound, it's pretty well hidden in the online app but Nintendo has the original player's guide availible for download. It has tons of info and little clay models of the enemies and everything, it's definitely worth checking out even if you're a Pro Gamer who doesn't need a guide.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Rolo posted:

So far 2 of my friends have started Earthbound for the first time and I am extremely into that.

Everyone should play Earthbound on the VC since Nintendo can track those numbers.

Heroine88
Dec 29, 2021
If the Mii looking people don't jump up in the air when I throw my bowling ball backwards, I'm never buying a Nintendo game again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Tender Bender posted:

Xenoblade 3 looks good but after the mess of systems and insane pacing and design choices of X and XC2 I'll hold back my enthusiasm. Every one of those games draws me in and then leaves me confounded by what it's doing and just tired by the end. Even the first one, which is the best mostly on the strength of its music and being simple/straightforward enough that it doesn't drive you insane before the end.

I basically didn't learn what half the combat systems in 2 did, and beat the game just fine. And the prequel had a much simpler system